Energy Manager, Electrical Services - Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities Services, the incumbent will plan, direct, and oversee all aspects of analysis and procurement of campus energy use and utility production and distribution. Incumbent may supervise personnel, conducts performance evaluations, make commendations and recommendations for counseling or reprimand.
Objectives - Provide a comprehensive and pro-active approach to campus energy management and utility distribution. Maintain and promote a well-organized, smoothly functioning and continuously improving internal operation.
Expectations - As a member of Facilities Services Management Team and SDSU's administration, incumbent works with various constituencies to improve services and resolve problems; maintains continuing contact with faculty, staff, students, and campus administrators to identify needs and expectations, coordinate services and support, and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with the services provided. Provide a thorough and accurate accounting of time and materials. Timely completion of routine work assignments and performance of additional duties as assigned. Follow-up on every project or task and insure that all items are completed to the satisfaction of the Director. Maintain a responsible attendance record including punctuality and consistent meeting of deadlines. Perform in a manner that supports and facilitates the work of others in Facilities Services and the university community. Create a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of department and campus community
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering management, Engineering Technology or related field and eight years of related experience with facilities operations and maintenance contracts.
- At least five years professional experience with energy management or design engineering, promoting energy efficiency and sustainability, and managing projects. Experience planning and scheduling energy efficiency projects, developing detailed long range energy efficiency plans for major building and utility systems in a large complex environment.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid California Driver’s license within 10 days of hire.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent.
- Experience in a college/university setting.
- Experience in managing multiple contracts and contractors to complete complex multi-phase utility and infrastructure projects.
- Experience managing shared-savings and performance-based contracts.
- Fuel and electricity procurement experience.
- General knowledge of the initiation and development of construction and maintenance contracts within the California State University system.
- Registered Professional Engineer, State of California License.
- Certified Energy Manager from Association of Energy Engineers License.
Annual Salary: $ 90,000 – 105,000
Application Deadline: Open until further notice.
To apply and for a complete description of duties please visit http://bfa.sdsu.edu/~person/employment/staffjobs.htm and see job # 5108. Applicants with disabilities requiring special attention and/or interview arrangements may call (619) 594-7099.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.
Indeed - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard -