Senior Manager, Electrical Services - Oversees the university’s high and low voltage electrical systems; manages all activities and programs that support the delivery of and maintenance, repair and improvement of electrical service including the CoGen Plant to campus buildings.
Incumbent supervises personnel, conducts performance evaluations, and inspects completed work; makes commendations and recommendations for counseling or reprimand.
Objectives - Provide a comprehensive and pro-active approach to electrical services and the provision of security and alarm systems. Maintain and promote a well-organized, smoothly functioning and continuously improving internal operation.
Expectations - As a member of Facilities Services Management Team and SDSU’s administration, incumbent works with various constituencies to improve services and resolve problems; maintains continuing contact with faculty, staff, students, and campus administrators to identify needs and expectations, coordinate services and support, and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with the services provided. Provide a thorough and accurate accounting of time and materials. Timely completion of routine work assignments and performance of additional duties as assigned. Follow-up on every project or task and insure that all items are completed to the satisfaction of the Director. Maintain a responsible attendance record including punctuality and consistent meeting of deadlines. Perform in a manner that supports and facilitates the work of others in Facilities Services and the university community. Create a positive and cooperative working relationship with members of department and campus community.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Five or more years or experience in Cogen/power plant operation and/or electrical utility grid design, installation and maintenance. Three or more years’ experience with responsibility for the electrical distribution in a large multi-building environment.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a valid California Driver’s license within 10 days of hire.
- Masters of Business Administration or equivalent.
- Documented experience in the design and operation of power generation plants, chiller plants and / or other large industrial plant systems. Documented experience with the maintenance and upgrades to large industrial plant systems
- License for Registered Professional Engineer, State of California.
- LEED AP EB: O+M
Annual Salary: $ 90,000 – 110,000
Application Deadline: Open until further notice.
To apply and for a complete description of duties please visit http://bfa.sdsu.edu/~person/employment/staffjobs.htm and see job # 5060. Applicants with disabilities requiring special attention and/or interview arrangements may call (619) 594-7099.
SDSU is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, age, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, or covered veteran status.