VenueNext is a new startup incubating within the San Francisco 49ers. We’re seeking a full stack software engineer who is passionate about redefining the mobile experience for live sports. The role offers a unique opportunity to impact hundreds of thousands of fans on how they experience a 49ers home game. Next season the 49ers will be calling Levi’s Stadium home and we're rolling out a new app to help fans engage with the stadium. The app will interact with all the stadium’s physical systems and become a fan’s gameday mission control. It will offer game information including instant replay, food and beverage ordering, merchandise ordering, stadium access, wayfinding, social networking and more. Once complete, the app will be made available to other sporting events, concerts and similar venues.
The Data Engineer role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on game day experience for hundreds of thousands of our fans and help optimize the content they consume across various touch-points. Primary responsibility for the candidate will be to architect, build and manage all the aspect of a large-scale data integration and data warehouse platform. Candidate should be passionate to work with cutting-edge data technologies in this space.
- Design, develop and manage analytics platform which will help influence decisions being made in the organization around enhancing fans experience
- Design, develop & manage ETL processes to integrate data from various touch-points
- Integrate data across various technologies including ticketing, mobile app, point of sales system, eCommerce, ePayment/eWallet, CMS, etc.
- Develop integration with Facebook, Google+ and twitter that integrates fan created content and help define fan engagement KPIs and metrics
- Work closely with the product manager and engineering teams to help identify and instrument correct metrics, log actions and events from mobile app as well as website
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes
- Manage all vendor technologies associated with the complete data solution
- Optimize infrastructure at both the software and hardware level
- MS in Computer Science or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience building and managing large scale data infrastructure
- Have a solid Track record of designing and delivering distributed data infrastructure, instrumentation and an Analytics Warehouse platform that integrates data from heterogeneous sources including mobile devices.
- Expert in several sub-domains such as storage systems, distributed file systems, distributed databases, data integration and cloud infrastructure
- Experience implementing multi-tenant systems
- Expert understanding of ETL techniques and best practices
- Experience in leveraging open source technologies
- Strong proficiency in PHP, Python, Java or similar
- Expertise with Apache Hadoop, Hive, HBase and MySQL as well as data integration technologies like Talend, Pentaho, Informatica.
- High degree of proficiency in Linux Systems administration.
- Exceptional communicator who leads and contributes to highly technical discussions.
The San Francisco 49ers is an exciting and rewarding place to work in the world of professional football. We offer both full and part time...