Serve as the liaison between the member and the credit union. Provide Uncommonly Good service and deepen relationships with each and every member. Provide account information by phone or in person, as well as information on a full range of credit union products and services. Open accounts for members, interview, and professionally handle the members’ daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services, including loan processing, closing and disbursal, share draft/checking, savings and credit account transactions as well as performing cash transactions (based on location).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to member inquiries and concerns and create positive solutions
- Sell products and services to members and prospective members
- Generate and acquire new business, promotes new membership, increase membership growth and maintains excellent business relationships within the designated community.
- Greet and welcome members to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner
- Open new accounts for new and existing members
- Conduct daily routine transactions such as deposits and withdrawals on accounts
- Interview, process and fund consumer loan requests
- Provide support on a number of functions to include payroll, ACH, accounts payable, collections and ATM and wire transfers.
- Based on increasing responsibility and location, may include cash handling and balancing, ATM balancing and vault teller function
- Increased responsibility will also include assessing service effectiveness of the branch on an ongoing basis and developing strategies and new ides to aid in business development
- Responsible for overseeing the order of sufficient currency and coin to meet member needs, but not to exceed the guidelines established for the branch. Assist in the replenishing and balancing of ATM
- Adhere to all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance program. Complete Currency Transaction reports accurately and timely.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess and consistently deliver strong customer service and sales skills. Ability to be well organized, team-player, motivated and flexible with working hours.
Possess and demonstrate the ability to maintain organized and accurate records. Possess good mathematical aptitude, in addition to outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Display proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications. Demonstrate ability and desire to thrive in a challenging, fast paced work environment.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college and a minimum of two (2) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a financial institution.
Work hours may be scheduled Monday through Saturday.