SF Police Credit Union is a growing organization honored to serve the Bay Area's First Responders' (Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical Technicians and their families) since 1953.
SFPCU is seeking an enthusiastic Receptionist who shares our commitment to provide excellent service and education at every opportunity. We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, and career development opportunities throughout our organization.
- HMO, PPO Medical & Vision Plan
- Dental Plan including orthodontics
- 401k (Employer Matching & Profit Sharing Contributions)
- Group Life, Accidental, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays
- Employee Loan Discount Program
- Work/Life: Employee Appreciation Events, On-site Health & Wellness Fairs, Holiday Parties and Community Support Events
- Educational and Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development Programs
As the first point of contact - it is key that the receptionist direct members, potential members, visitors, applicants, vendors to the appropriate parties as they enter the credit union; provide support to various departments while demonstrating high quality member service and cross-selling abilities. Ensuring the needs of the membership, the department and the credit union are handled in the manner expected.
Must be able to:
- Energetically greet all incoming individuals.
- Determines nature of visit and directs accordingly.
- Gain a basic knowledge of the services and products offered by the credit union.
- Performs full range of transactions operationally and back-office.
- Sort and disburse daily mail. Maintain log of courier deliveries, as well as package and equipment deliveries (Fed Ex, UPS, DHL, etc),
incoming and outgoing. Notify staff upon arrival of deliveries.
- Determine the account or loan purpose and obtain the pertinent information relating to the proposed transaction for all walk-in members.
- Review new loan requests for completeness. Log application and forward to appropriate financial services officer, order credit report if
- Cross-selling products and services, maintaining high quality member service.
- Demonstrates problem resolution and form decisions based on sound and valid information.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task pending applications and member flow by methods of all delivery channels and projects assigned.
- Assists other staff members in the resolution of member's transactions and procedural related issues.
- Maintain monthly department billing for various 3rd party vendors.
- Maintain and update appraisal list for current license and insurance information.
- Review daily and monthly reports for Director; including Daily Loan Disbursement Report, internal VISA increases, HELOC Inactivity and
Withdrawn & Declined loans.
- Demonstrates dependability and accountability related to the duties assigned and responsible for.
- Participate in ongoing training including BVS, in house department training, third party seminars, etc.
- Maintain an effective communication system with peers, immediate supervisor and management.
- Maintain a cohesive and collaborative environment sharing ideas, assisting peers and resulting in high performance, goal oriented, team
- Ability to deal with change and handle stressful situations with a professional demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communications.
- Ensure the integrity of member/departmental information is kept confidential.
- Assist in any areas as direct by the President, Executive Vice President, SRVP of Financial Services, Direct or Financial Services or
Supervisor-Trainer of Financial Services.
- Perform activities/tasks related to the Bank Secrecy Act Policy which includes General Requirements, MIP, CTRs and events that may suspect suspicious activities.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum one year of customer service skills
- Basic computer skills including proficiency in MS Office applications and internet usage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, write and type on a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, reach, and stoop.
- Vision and hearing within corrected range.
- Must occasionally lift up to 10- 25 lbs.
If you enjoy the challenge of a fast pace and an ever changing environment with opportunities for growth - come join our team! If you are interested in applying for our opening, please submit a cover letter & resume with "Receptionist" in the subject line -or- fax to 415-242-6449, ATTN: Human Resources.
Visit us at www.sfpcu.org
*The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties as required by the COO/EVP/CEO.
SFPCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V