SF Police Credit Union is a growing organization honored to serve the Bay Area's First Responders' (Law Enforcement, Fire, Emergency Medical Technicians and their families) since 1953. SFPCU is seeking self-starters who share our commitment to provide excellent service and education at every opportunity. We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, and career development opportunities throughout our organization.
- HMO, PPO Medical & Vision Plan
- Dental Plan including orthodontics
- 401k (Employer Matching & Profit Sharing Contributions)
- Group Life, Accidental, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO), holidays
- Employee Loan Discount Program
- Work/Life: Employee Appreciation Events, On-site Health & Wellness Fairs, Holiday Parties and Community Support Events
- Educational and Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Professional Development Programs
Process monetary transactions for members while providing the highest quality of service.
Must be able to
- Account for all monies handled including cash drawer balancing and performing end-of-day functions.
- Uphold SF Police Credit Union Service Promise Standards.
- Process transactions (including Loan and Visa Payments). These may include Night Deposit, Express Deposit, U.S Mail, in person, and ATM deposits.
- Assertively cross sell and make appropriate referrals all credit union products and services, including Members' Financial Services.
- Maintain cross-sell and service tracking within CRM -- Sales and Service platforms, to insure appropriate and prompt member follow-up and to enhance the member relationship. Participate in meeting Branch overall sales goals and individual sales goals.
- Utilize basic FSP functionality and all software necessary to perform day to day responsibilities of the position.
- Sell Travelers Checks and Entertainment books, logging the sales accurately and crediting the correct General Ledger account.
- Process Visa cash advances.
- Process change of address, stop payments/stop payment terminations (share drafts and corporate checks), duplicate statements and copies of paid share drafts/corporate checks
- Assist members with basic account inquiries.
- Maintain and be responsible for a complete knowledge of credit union products and services.
- Process account and membership closures.
- Conduct general filing duties as assigned.
- Proactively seek to improve and/or offer positive input regarding individual role, departmental or credit union processes.
- Maintain cooperative and respectful interaction with members, staff, management and those working on behalf of the credit union.
- Develop knowledge of the credit union's electronic data processing system, archive system, and PC related programs.
- Develop a working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Word, Home Banking and MemberLink.
- Maintain your workstation in accordance with uniform guidelines established by your supervisor.
- Observe a professional dress code.
- Participate in ongoing training and cross training and show measurable results, taking advantage of BVS, in house training sessions, seminars, and classes as assigned.
- Perform activities/tasks related to the Bank Secrecy Act Policy which includes General Requirements, MIP, and completion of CTRs, reporting of events that may suspect suspicious activities to Branch Manager and/or Risk Management.
- Assist in any areas as directed by the CEO, COO, SVP of Financial Services, Financial Services VPs, Supervisors and leads.
- Develop an understanding of Credit Union history, philosophy, organization, bylaws, and operations procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Proven sales experience preferred.
- Ability to remain poised during busy and/or stressful situations required.
- Basic math aptitude required.
- Basic PC skills and Internet research required.
- Prior customer service and/or cash handling experience within a financial institution preferred.
- Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, write and type on a computer keyboard and other standard office equipment.
- May require either standing or sitting for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to walk, reach, stoop and crawl.
- Vision and hearing within corrected range.
- Must occasionally lift up to 10-15lbs.
If you enjoy the challenge of a fast pace and an ever changing environment with opportunities for growth - come join our team! If you are interested in applying for our opening, please submit a cover letter & resume with "FSA" in the subject line -or- fax to 415-242-6449, ATTN: Human Resources.
Visit us at www.sfpcu.org
*The job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow other instructions and to perform other duties as required by the COO/EVP/CEO.
SFPCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Indeed - 17 months ago