The successful Interior Design Sales Assistant will be a self-motivated entrepreneur who is tech savvy, has an understanding of design and Interior Layouts, as well as the ability to sell design and build rapport with clients to keep them coming back. The designs include space planning, product selection and overall project design. Successful execution is evidenced by developing individualized designs and achieving sales goals in a commission-based selling environment representing products and services.
As an Interior Design Sales Assistant, your compensation will be a base pay with incentive based on total compensation determined by commissions earned.
- Design and create projects using technical and creative skills in products and space planning.
- Assist in design solutions by selling products that are consistent with the customer’s preference and budget.
- Professionally greet customers to establish rapport and obtain appointments and consultations.
- Enter and monitor orders
- Contact Designers and real state contacts to persuade them to use our showroom, products and services.
- Handle communication with current and prospective clients while calling on new clients to secure new business interest for our products and programs
- Assist in developing information products that will help create new business.
- Database management - using latest technology to input contacts and update showroom client database
- Remain current on design and color trends to create fashionable design solutions.
- Coordinate with the team to provide exceptional service to customers, before and after the sale, by promptly keeping customers informed of their order status including any delays.
- Keep up with all social media by posting daily
- Assist with website and blog maintenance, Twitter posts, managing calendars and trade show schedules and set ups
- Sending out newsletters twice a week
- Answer phones and direct them to the appropriate personnel
- Keep up the showroom with daily which includes keeping up with products in the showroom and housekeeping duties.
- Organize and create "open house" functions for prospective clients of the showroom
- Demonstrated ability to practice residential interior design including the ability to design and create projects using technical and creative skills in products and space planning.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and approach with demonstrated strong design and product sales experience, customer service, communication and organizational skills.
- Proven experience with in-home consultative design service or related products and decor industry.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and provide own transportation to and from customer’s homes.
- A minimum of four (1) year, combined, practical interior design experience and interior design education; two (2) or four (4) year degree from an accredited institution
- Broad knowledge as an interior designer and effective sales techniques
- An excellent communicator (both verbal and written)
- Extremely organized, pays attention to details
- Computer/internet savvy in word, excel, power point presentations, publisher, etc.
- Friendly, enthusiastic and fun to work with!!!
- Able to initiate and maintain quality client communications along with Business to Business contacts and communications
- A GREAT PROMOTER who is self-confident
- Competitive commission based compensation plan with the potential to realize up to ?% commission on all written sales
- $10 - $15 per hour base pay depending on experience
- Employee discounts
- Training and Development
We are a locally owned and family operated Product and Design Showroom business that is dedicated to design, product sales, installation services, and providing Industry Professionals with the products they need throughout the greater Dallas area. We provide a stress free environment where you can see everything you need to make your design plan come to life. We are Authorized Distributors of all the products we sell, therefore SanDino Home Solutions can pass on tremendous savings to our clients.
We have been proudly serving homeowners and industry professionals, throughout the greater Dallas and surrounding regions since 2001. Additionally, our team is backed by more than 30 years of combined experience in the home remodeling and renovation field. You can always count on us to provide exceptional Design, Products and Installation services for home improvement projects both large and small to all of our clients and Industry Professionals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level is moderate and there may be some exposure to dust. Significant portions of this assignment involve prolonged sitting with occasional standing, bending, or walking and application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity. May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
A Place to Grow.
We offer a dynamic environment, where we regularly collaborate, share our diverse knowledge, and learn new skills from each other. We’re dedicated to helping our people reach their professional goals through internal promotion, transfers and job-related training.
Design Consultant Training
Our Interior Design team is a diverse group of talented people who enjoy working together to identify the perfect design solutions for our clients. We empower each member of the team to focus on what he or she does best, while learning new skills to increase opportunities for growth in our business. We foster your entrepreneurial spirit.
Please do not apply if you do not have experience we are looking for. Apply by email only.
Indeed - 15 months ago
SanDino Home Solutions is a locally owned and family operated Product and Design Showroom business that is dedicated to design, product...