Sanderson Farms, Inc.

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Employer Reviews

Long Hours with Great People
Broiler Supervisor (Former Employee), Collins, MSJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: company truck, great benefits, great people
Cons: work weekends, no overtime pay
The hardest part of this job was the time it took away from my personal life. It was not abnormal to work 10 and 12 hour days or to work weekends. I had been called back out to work after getting home for the time on countless occasions. I had a work truck and work phone and had to be available at all times.
The rewarding part of the long hours was seeing the farms I supervised succeed and being able to work with fun-loving people. Even though work was not always fun, we found ways to joke and laugh about it.
nothing special about this company
Forklift driver (Former Employee), Moultrie, GADecember 10, 2014
Pros: many thing
Cons: many thing
nothing special about working for this company just gave me a job periods for four month. There nothing special about sanderson farms
Productive & Good First Plant Experience
Packer (Current Employee), Kinston, NCNovember 30, 2014
Pros: paid weekly, proper breaks
A typical day would be to clock in wash hands before entering work place, receive proper dress attire needed and get to your line to begin working. Co -workers are expected to work as hard as you are working by packing their rates and excess talking is not allowed. There are supervisors and line leaders in every department keeping things in line and letting employees know when break time is and what trays to switch to. The hardest part of the job is getting used to the temperatures and standing up fr 8 hours plus. The most enjoyable part is getting paid and just trying to enjoy what you do rather than complaining.
I hated this place
evis, reprocessing (Former Employee), Bellmead, TXNovember 27, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: everything but the benefits
This place is basically ran by the USDA. But still, I worked on the line had at least five people standing over my shoulder while I cut the defects out of chickens. Some of the infection I seen on these birds has stopped me from ever buying chicken that was produced at sanderson farms. I was going to stay at this company until I found a positon I wanted and take advantage of their benefits. But just couldnt hack and am now looking for a job in my field.
Amazing job
Lead speciality (Current Employee), Moultrie, GANovember 15, 2014
It's a nice job with decent pay and great people to work with a real family type job
pacaking
Packing and Shipping (Former Employee), Bryan, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: plenty of sit to wait
Cons: no problem
very cold in plant warehouse and drill is well. work fast. I learned the chicken works and good pay
Productivity is a plus bad management in areas
DEBONE (Former Employee), Moultrie, GANovember 1, 2014
Pros: bonuses, great benefits
Cons: short lunch breaks, unfair supervisors
The company as a whole is a wonderful company to work for. If I didn't have personal issues I would most-likely still be out there as we speak.There were just a few bad weeds spread among the field so to speak. But once those were weeded out and exposed for who they really were, the company would have ran much smoother.
Very Productive
D-Bone (Former Employee), Kinston, NCOctober 27, 2014
it has updated but when I was there, It was a very fast-pace job. The managers was awesome and very helpful
Management is ineffective/ disrespectful toward hourly employees; No ladder for advancement or promotion for hourly employees
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee), Waco, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, pay, and paid holidays
Cons: management is ineffective and retaliates against employees; uses favoritism
Salaried supervisors are vindictive and use favoritism and retaliation to enforce the rules according to corporate protocol. Salaried supervisors are required to attend frequent training classes sponsored by the corporate office in Mississippi in which they are instructed to use write-up sheets to punish hourly employees for even the most ridiculously minor infractions -- such as clocking-in one minute early or losing your clock-in badge -- in order to keep plant operations flowing smoothly and turning a profit. As a result, at least in my department, we have a management staff that is totally ineffective. If you actually go to your supervisor to report a problem or concern, nothing gets done and you are brushed-off as if you aren't important or are complaining needlessly. If your concern actually even gets past your supervisor to the HR department, HR will fill out a bunch of paperwork and then put a bunch of "statements" in your personnel file THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SEE, unless you have a pretty good attorney. That's right, there's no "open-door" policy at Sanderson Farms between management and employees. So if you're expecting to find a supervisor who acts as a mentor and encourages you, or a company that values your hard work, keep looking elsewhere. You won't find any respect or appreciation at Sanderson Farms.
Fun place
Production Worker (Current Employee), Kinston, NCOctober 23, 2014
I love working at Sanderson Farms it is a fun place. My co workers are very nice to get along with on a daily basics.
Awesome Company to work for
2nd Processing Specialty Supervisor-Thigh Debone (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAOctober 20, 2014
long hours but good pay, learned many areas of the processes in the plant, management is knowledgeable and easy to talk to,
alright
debone (Former Employee), Bryan, TXOctober 20, 2014
Pros: most weekends off
Cons: no advancement unless you know someone
Don't work here unless you know someone it's all about who you know
enjoyment
Presently unemployed (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAOctober 13, 2014
Excellent work environment enjoyed it very much! Processed garnishments child support and absentees in between helping employees and answering phones.
Processor Worker (Former Employee), Kinston, NCOctober 6, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks, stinks in the building, bad coworker's, supervisor favoritism
I learned that working on a processing line you have to move at a steady pace and not slow you have to be on point when working and the hardest part of the job is working with some boss coworkers that think they know everything just because they been there longer then you think they the supervisor and the enjoyable part is the job itself and the hours and pay rate
fast paced environment
Production (Former Employee), Waco, TxSeptember 30, 2014
its cold and a very fast pace work place, you have to be a very fast person to work there.
Good place to work, wouldnt recommend for first timers.
Specialty (Former Employee), Moultrie, GASeptember 30, 2014
Pros: 40 hrs, ok pay rate
Cons: work placement, bad directions/info by evreryone, just becareful not to get spaced out after so much tension.
Learned: To work with others, communication, pace changing.
Management: More or less, wish the higher ups were more concerned about the workers fair work.
Co-workers: Don't get friendly with most since they turn on you when things go wrong. Some are really down to earth and share the load.
Hardest parts: Dealing with bad workers, dealing with higher ups that would put you in a job you obviously can't do.
Best parts: Can wear a shirt due to normal cold temp, few good supervisors/ workers, good pay, 40 hours.
ITS OK
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Moultrie, GASeptember 26, 2014
NOT A GREAT PLAE TO WORK OU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOUR LEAVING AND MANAGEMENT IS CRUEL
Very Productive
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Kinston, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: to cold
Good hours, learn a lot of job skills and enjoy working there. Also enjoy the co-workers
very busy job
Chicken Deboner (Former Employee), Kinston, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: discounts
Cons: cold
fast paced and keeps you busy. most employees were polite. the hardest part is dealing with the cold temperatures.
All work no play!
wing rounder/shoulder cutter (Former Employee), McComb, MSSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: 40 hours plus
Cons: great healthcare plans
The day would start of fast and end fast. I learn how to cut a chicken propery and get it ready for packaging, The management there was fair, didn't really have to deal with them as much. The co-worker were helpful and all worked together to get the job done. The hardese part of the job was standing in one spot for 8 hours in a cold freezer. The most enjoyment of the job was when we didnt have that many chickens to cut and wasn't so crunched for time.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sanderson Farms, Inc.

Sanderson Farms, Inc., founded in 1947, is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen – Read more

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Photos