Sanderson Farms, Inc.

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

The place you wanna work if......
Floor Worker (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXAugust 14, 2016
if you wanna work like a dog with absolutely no appreciation. It took me a year and a half for me to be promoted even after learning EVERY position in first processing and working really hard. Once in that position, the ideal of me being a female became an issue. They brought another guy from his job to "help me," then found it completely necessary to put me back on the line after working so hard to get promoted off the line and being granted a position off the line. Literally no appreciation for hard work and commitment to your position. The only good thing was the pay but after trying to put the work of 3 on me, even that was not enough.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
EVERYTHING ELSE
Summer Intern
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSJune 13, 2016
Typical work day consisted of being nothing is a typical work day. As an intern you are there to learn every job task of hourly employees as well as learn management styles. Hardest part of the job was adjusting to fast paced and continuously changing environments. Most enjoyable part of the job consisted of the pay check on Friday.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Physical requirements of each task
An ok place except if you have a family
Evis 2 (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 3, 2016
It's a good fast paced work environment. But if you work in evisceration except for it to be HOT. The nursing staff and office staff are nice. The management trys their best to take care of their employees given how many people they have to watch out for. But if you are not careful though you will loose your job due to the "point system". Which is ridiculous because if you have any kids and have to take one to the hospital then it goes against you. Even if you get a doctor's note for that day it still gets counted against you. And if you get 6 absentees against you then you get suspended for like 3-5 days. And if you get back up to 6 absentees you get terminated. But the upside of working there is that you get to your year pay fast. And every December you get a small raise due to the cost of living going up each year.
Pros
Great pay, fast raises
Cons
Point system
fast paced working environment very sharp and unique management.
DEBONE (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 18, 2016
I Start off my day by preparing for the job i am assigned to that day and it mostly dealing with the manufacturing and packing wing,breast,tenders. The hardest part of my job is when its in high gear in the middle of the day which is sometimes too much product is produced causing a backup. The most enjoyable time of the day is when its time too clean up for the next shift that comes behind first shift.
Pros
Able too buy product at a cheaper cost.
Cons
short lunch breaks
Very Productive fast paced work enviornment
Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCApril 18, 2016
A typical day at work would involve the belts on the line being broken and a wait on the belt being fixed by maintenance. The hard part is still trying to continue your job while everything else in breaking down around you. The co-workers how ever make it a enjoyable environment to be in and makes the day go by faster. Management seem to not have that much respect for employees however, the compensation and benefits make the time there bearable. I have picked up a couple skills tips and tricks to leading a group of individuals
Pros
the pay
Cons
managment
N/a
Belt Crew Loader/Puller (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 11, 2016
Functional mobility and physical strength consistent with the essential functions but not limited to the ability to stand, walk, lift, carry, push, pull, twist, bend, and climb.
• Ability to understand written and verbal instructions, directions, schedules, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as required.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Veryfun work place
LIVE RECEVING,KILL,PICKING REHANG FLOORMAN (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSJune 7, 2016
Love working for them I learned a lot about poultrymy managers where the best and I loved all my co workers hardest part about my job when some where abbsent my most enjoyable part was fridays
Pros
FREE HOLIDAY DINNERS
Cons
GOOD LONG BREAKS 3 TO BE EXACT
Production on the Line
Packaging Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXMay 24, 2016
The hardest part of working at Sanderson Farms is dealing with so many different attitudes on a daily basis. I learned there that whenever you have any free time stay busy. Everyone position is essential to production.
Pros
catered lunches
Cons
short breaks machinery malfunctions
No organization at the plant at all.
Freeze/chill (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 9, 2016
very unorganized improper training just a place where I wouldn't wanna work, the hardest part of the job is keeping up with the tray packer while tryna keep the lines up very tough task.
Pros
45 mins lunch break on fridays
Cons
lifting over 70lbs repeatedly
productive and fast pace enviornment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSJune 6, 2016
This was a new work experience for me, I was dealing with chicken that was live, I enjoyed my worked area because it was a very fast pace environment but it was a packing position that I would love to do again
Pros
grow with the company
Cons
N/A
Very unproductive workplace
Specialty Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 19, 2016
I would not recommend this job to anyone. The management was very rude and disrespectful. There was nothing productive about this job , very unsanitary. We didn't receive every break.
Cons
Short breaks.
This was an ok job.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSMay 3, 2016
This was a better place to work. It was more organized than some other places, but the reason I lost this job was. The fact that I was on third shift and left to fend for myself with only one supervisor in the building. The sanitation workers took advantage of me.
absolutely freezing
Processor/ packer (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCMay 12, 2016
Unfortunately it was impossible for me to do my job to th ebest of my ability due to the extreme cold. I was unable to grasp and bend fingers quickly enough for the 8 hrs due to extreme cold. even when home pain and numbness continued for hours at times.
This was a productive workforce and team
Laborer, Loader and Wing Cutter (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSMay 4, 2016
Everyday we performed the duties as assigned in a accurate and efficient manner. Always worked in a team environment to perform the duties in an accurate and safe manner.
Pros
No comment
Cons
No comment
A productive job
Meat Processor (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAMay 16, 2016
While working at this job it gave me the opportunity to no the value of making a living. The management was good and also the co-workers. It really was not a hard job. You just had to do the job right and do you best and come to work.
Sfi
Chief Accountant (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJanuary 22, 2016
I manage the accounting department at Waco Processing. I've enjoyed learning how a financially secure corporation runs it's operation. The upper management operates the business being very detailed. I've enjoy managing and working with the employees I deal with on a daily basis.
Pros
Dealing with people who understand business and want to their job.
Cons
Limited vacation days, promoting in the field I'm in.
Working at Sanderson Farms
Tray packer/ Lineworker (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSFebruary 5, 2016
Sanderson Farms was a nice place to work. Working in the cold year round was the hardest part about the job. The co-workers were okay but I just preferred to stay to myself to stay out of trouble. The most enjoyable part about the job was being free to learn everything that the job had to offer.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCAugust 10, 2016
Would work there again great team work friendly place to work I work in shipping the hardest part of my job was 12 hr a day everything else fell in place
Stack off/ live hanger (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCJuly 19, 2016
The company suckered they do that respect you at all neither do they salute success they want all of u or none of you.... and they don't pay the live hangers no where enough
Fun place to work at times
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSAugust 24, 2016
When I was working there had some good days and bad ones too.Enjoy working with some but not all nothing hard about the job I did.Getting a check on friday

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Reviews by Job Title