Sanderson Farms, Inc.

Sanderson Farms, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Productive, Great workplace.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 31, 2015
Pros: The money is great.
Cons: Short breaks.
I come in on the floor go to my line and start working. I do rework if the packages come out messed up. I learend patience. My co-workers where good people to work around.
I enjoyed the opportunity and with great respect , was fortunate enough to be given the opportunity.
Recieving/ Feed Mill operations Tech (Former Employee), Franklin, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: great opertinuity for learning experience, willingness to give anyone the c hance no mater past, color or experience
Cons: couldt move up latter twords supervisor, due, to criminal, record
I enjoyed most the time there and threw great management at the time I was given and shown much respect. While recognized my abilitys , great comprehensive,teammanship, hard work, efficiency,and ablitys to take on all tasks at hand. Then Feed mill manager JOHN ELLIOTT. Extremely helped the mill threw the expantion and recognized the full task and abblitys of all that worked under him, he showed great paentience and drive twords production. Hed never asked anyone to do something he wouldn't do himself, treated everyone with great respect , he's in my openion the reason they are where they are today.
Productive & Cold Workplace
Debone (Former Employee), Moultrie, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Sometimes We Got Hour Breaks :)
Cons: When We Worked Past 10 Hours
I Never Ate At Work , All The Raw Chicken Had Me With No Appetite All The Time. One Typical Day I Decided Not To Eat Once Again , & The Was The Hardest Day Of My LIFE!!! As I Walked Upon The Floor To My Work Area I Felt A Sharp Pain In My Upper Back , As I Started Working I Got Dizzy All Of A Sudden And Huge Headache Came Upon Me. I Looked Up But My Vision Was Blurry And Before I Knew It I Was On The Floor. Long Story Short The Supervisors , Leads , Shift Supervisors , Head Management , EVERYONE Was So Supportive & Helpful. I Learned That With A Job Like That , 8 To 12 Hours , YOU GOT TO EAT! Its A Must. You WON'T Make It Without, I Was EXTREMELY Embarrassed But The Most Enjoyable Part Was Knowing That I Was Okay & Knowing That Everyone Works As A Team At Sandersons :) .
Productive and fast paced work enviorment
Line Operator (Former Employee), Flowood, MSMarch 24, 2015
It was fast paced work place. Although it was often cold the and some of the employees where required to handle raw products it wasn't too bad. I on the other hand also I experience in packing the products and getting them ready for shipment during my time with company.
good job
Master Mechanic (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: the pay was good.
Cons: the environment was physically taxing.
The work environment was extremely dangerous. The plant was extremely hot and dusty. I liked the job but the union did do there part to protect the worker when it came to labor disputes.
better opprotunity
Supervisor of others (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 17, 2015
I left because of a better opportunity got to the new opportunity and it wasn't the best fit for me. hoping I find a new better job
Easy going producton system
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: push button work, benefits
Cons: heat/cold exposure
A typical day at Masterbrand will consist of cutting and measuring particular parts for different styled cabinets. I learned several CNC machines here.
productive deboning chicken thigh
deboner (Former Employee), Kinston, NCMarch 9, 2015
Work productively,work well with others do as I am told the hardest part was it was cold in the building. I packed well above my rate which was 32 pieces a min. I packed 60, the rate per min. for deboning was 12 pcs. I did 16 to 18 pcs.min.
Tlhe job was a great job just poor management
Assist team (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: off on saturdays
Cons: poor management
My days at work with Sanderson farms was almost like going to jail and having to protect myself against other co-workers, a lot of them were very mean and always was trying to find ways to start problems in the work place. While I was there I did learn the proper way to clean machines and different ones. The management was very poor they kind of let everyone fend for themselves in there and sometimes when there was a problem between two co-workers he ignored the situation until it became a bigger problem. The hardest part of the job was having to worry about who is going to turn on you next the most enjoyable part was when it was time to get off.
Bad turnover
D-Bone (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 3, 2015
You have to be a hard worker to work there. The work was easy, the pay was ok. People would quit all the time. I would work there again
Productive nice place to work.
Production Technician (Former Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 23, 2015
It was a good place to work. I really enjoyed the people that i worked with. The hardest part of the day was the rework. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hours.
The business is not for everyone,
Personnel Supervisor (Former Employee), McComb MSFebruary 18, 2015
Very harsh environment to work in. The smell is overwhelming at times and the turnover is very high. The pay is good for the work.
Labor Intensive
Internship (Waco) (Former Employee), Waco, TexasFebruary 12, 2015
A typical day consisted of walking through chicken houses for a thorough check in operation of houses. Feed mill visits to check feed rations.
HORRIBLE
LOADING CREW (Former Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great pay
FAST PACED. CO - WORKERS HAVE COMPLAINTS AGAINST STAFF. SOME STAFF ARE VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. NEEDS VARIOUS IMPROVEMENTS
productive place
Lead Person (Former Employee), Kinston, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short breaks, cold environment, management
a typical day was very long, due to the management. I learned a lot, i became a lead person within 6 months. The coworkers did work together and tried to get the work done, so we could leave. the hardest part of the job was working in the cold.
skilled mechanic
Skilled Mechanic (Former Employee), Laurel, MSFebruary 4, 2015
welding, wiring motors, painting, fixing pvc pipe, conducting preventive maintenance, maintaining machines upkeep, testing water
A typical chicken company
Management Trainee (Former Employee), Bryan, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Not the best place to work, you work your tail off and don't get much for it. They are about making money and really don't care about you as an employee, even though the HR people and advertisements say they do. I would not recommend working for this company.
cold, wet, hard work
Production Operator /Debone (Current Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 28, 2015
its a job cold, wet and hard work
heavy on the body
good benefits
its a job guaranteed
paid weekly
Busy fast past place to work.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Hazlehurst, MSJanuary 24, 2015
14-15 hour days, hard work, good people to work with. Learned and followed safety rules, and guidelines. Very productive place to work, because there was a lot of responsibility that was upon us on getting the job done.
Deboner (Current Employee), Moultrie, GAJanuary 18, 2015
It was a good job to have. I had great co-workers and great stability.The job was really simple and easy.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sanderson Farms, Inc.

Sanderson Farms, Inc., founded in 1947, is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen – Read more

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Salaries