Sanderson Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Cutting raw chicken meat.
DBII (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 6, 2017
In this environment it was different had to where slip resistance shoes, caps, gloves, and face mask. Safety was the main key. We cut raw chicken, as in breaking it down. From cutting the shoulders, wings, breast, and also chicken tenders.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good Pay
Crew (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 2, 2017
Sanderson Farm is a good job if you want to make a decent amount of money. The entry level pay is $12 which is well over the pay of other businesses.
Pros
Great Pay; Health Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
a graet work place
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GADecember 29, 2016
its a great job but you have to be able to put up with the smell and standing for long hours sometimes you get tired great ppl to work with and the management team is great the hardst part of the job is standing the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different p
Pros
great pay
Cons
chicken boo boo always be on you
Cold environment fast work
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 29, 2016
This job is a very very fast paste experience u work 8 sometimes nine hour a week the pay is good only the distance and drive is the headache my first week was so awful hands hurt so bad you have to really give it why you got they are very strict on paste and job performance
Very Great Place to Work for
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Summit, MS 39666December 27, 2016
I absolutely love Sanderson Farms! Very professional atmosphere and advancement in the company is the best I have seen. They are continuously expanding which opens up jobs around the country.
Productive and caring
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 26, 2016
Productive, exciting and the work in which I was doing was interesting and the company overall was generous. QC management could be better when facing problems dealing with employees and not showing favoritism. I enjoyed the 5K race corporate provided lots of gifts that was given away with raffle ticket drawings.
Sanderson Farms INC
Quality Control Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSDecember 20, 2016
Sanderson Farms is a great company to work for. They offer true advancement and will give you all the tools necessary to succeed. They offer great benfits and take care of their employees.
Communicating with coworkers
D-Bone (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 15, 2016
I had to cut a lot of chicken n made sure I kept up with the line. It was a lot of hard work n dedication I had to make sure I had no chicken go pass me n that every chicken I got had all the chicken off of it.
Production
Sanderson Farm (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GADecember 14, 2016
I learn to only go there to work not to make friends. Hardest part of the job was not having enough work to do and the most part I enjoyed was how good I was doing the things I loved
Decent job
Clean up Crew (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 13, 2016
The job is fast-paced, not for the faint of heart. Guaranteed forty hours a week with weekly pay. It's better to stay to yourself since some coworkers are very messy.
Its an ok job.
Live Receving (Former Employee) –  McComb, MSDecember 5, 2016
Good paying job, but the environment is unsanitary. Constant standing , short breaks , unfollowed procedures, management sometimes don't know what they want to do. Constant moving from one department to another.
Pros
Pays weekly
Cons
Might get sick working.
Fun environment cleanv
Debone (Former Employee) –  Collins,msDecember 3, 2016
Really enjoyed working for them. They where easy to work for. And I would love to get the chance to work for them again
.The supervisor was great and understanding.
Pros
Benefits and good pay
Cons
Breaks mot long enough
company doesn't care about the employees
ferm trainee (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXDecember 2, 2016
A typical work day was showing up early and watching others clean before the shift started. What a learned about the company is that when your in management you have to fire people to keep your job. The management was horrible and always fired people week by week. The co-workers worked through injury,harassment,frustration,and long hours. The hardest part of the work was watching employees getting fired and written up daily. Also watching the women work through injuries. The most enjoyable job is getting to talk to the employees. They work hard and do the best that they can do.
Pros
go pay
Cons
short breaks, long hours
Productive n exciting
Line Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurel mississippiNovember 30, 2016
It's the one thing I love about that job was the people was friendly nice to work with n the boss man was a real good boss n you get to meet different people
nice people , very prefessional
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LANovember 29, 2016
I loved Sanderson farm one of the best job I ever had :) the benefits were awesome and the supervisor were always respectful I will definitely miss working there !!!
a place of employment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MSNovember 29, 2016
the work is not hard yet it is a fast paced environment. hardest part of the job is working with the supervisors and higher up management
Good job if you cam get in the field
Live haul driver (Former Employee) –  Palestine, TXNovember 24, 2016
Would work in feed mill or Hatchery .High turnover inside the Plant. And poor ethics and management in the live haul. Some laws you are expected to fallow and others you are not. They say they want your input but look at you like you are stupid when you do. The supervisor wanted everyone to do his job as well as there own while he couldn't even show up to work on time
Will give you your 40 hours a week
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXNovember 23, 2016
Well my job was quite easy. I worked with 12 other people and we made boxes all as well as run machines that's what I did for the eight hours that I was at work.
Pros
Stocks, 401k, Great Insurance
Cons
very messy
Excellent work place
Cvp machine operator (Former Employee) –  Collins, MSNovember 21, 2016
Loved every moment, it's not an hard job.
Keeps you in get shape.
Coworker were great friends
Managers were awesome
The hardest part of the job was the cold environment.
Productive place to work.
Assembly line worker (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCNovember 21, 2016
I enjoyed working there. A medical condition prevented me from being able to continue working there. This job was my first job after having my first child.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanderson Farms, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Sanderson Farms, Inc. Reviews by Location