Sanderson Farms, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hard work Lil pay, supervisor rely on friend and buddy system
Debone (Current Employee) –  Moultrie, GADecember 10, 2017
Only go to do your job.... Your under paid for the amount of work. Once you take this job your personal life is only sleeping. Your constantly reprimanded for mistakes, never rewarded for dedication and service.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks. Pugnacious supervisors. No reward system
Hate it
Speciality (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 8, 2017
Hate it the managers are rude some of them be walking around on their phone talking to people the whole time amd they don't even be supervisors. They talk to you like you are a dog in the streets. I don't recommend anyone to work at Sanderson.
It’s not a good environment to work
Shipping clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCDecember 7, 2017
I wouldn’t recommend anyone that felt like they was going to make a lot of money to work there employees are unpaid. Some people that’s making money take there employees for grant
Pros
It’s a smoking environment
Cons
No cafeteria
Lack of management and no respect for peoples everyday lives.
Utility Driver (Current Employee) –  Palestine, TXDecember 5, 2017
Cannot and will not work for a company that requires you to bring a doctors note, but then counts those days against you anyway. i was suspended for taking my child to the doctor. Had to miss three days of work to ensure my child's safety. When disciplined about it the division manager told me that no matter what goes on at home they don't care about anything personal. In his exact words.
Productive and fast pace
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 5, 2017
Typical work day was cold because of the temperature that the plant had to be. I learned that working in a plant is diffidently a team effort if you want to meet your production. Management was strict but it was good. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the cold weather in the plant. Most enjoyable was learning the different things that you could do and how fast you could move up in the company.
Pros
Health care
Cons
Short breaks and sick days
Big on attendance go to work any means nessecery
Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Rusk, TXDecember 4, 2017
Go to work even if your arm falling off if you wanna keep your job Seriously just go to work the point system they have is crazy but it’s a lot of great opportunities if you want to build a career at Sanderson Farms.
sanderson farm
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Kinston, NCDecember 4, 2017
sanderson farms is a good place to work and you get paid every week it is what u make it and if u like it then u will be happy.. i learned to be patient and to control my attitude
Fantastic Place for Work
Summer Internship Program (Former Employee) –  MississippiDecember 3, 2017
I learned so much more than i ever thought I would learn about the chicken industry. By far the most enjoyable place to ever work. I loved all of my managers and higher ups. Everyone was very understandable and easy to work with!
Good Benfits
Debone (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GADecember 2, 2017
When I worked at Sanderson Farms, Inc they were very helpful towards me when it came down to doing something I've never done before. The supervisors were very considerate and caring.
Sanderson
Overall Department Worker (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXDecember 1, 2017
I learned many different skills, and many different methods of doing the work in the departments. Always fast paced but needed to be thorough, and accurate for inspection purposes, and also for sanitation.
Pros
There was always something to do
Cons
freezing, wet invironment
Poor job performance and poor management
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSDecember 1, 2017
Not A Good Place To Work The People Up There Rude & Racist Towards You Supervisor Will Show Favoritism To The Folks Who Don't Even Work Hard As You If You Ain't Kissing They Butt They find a way to fire you and if you go to the front office about it people in the front office will not do anything about it so it's best to find a other job to work cause Sanderson Farm in Flowood is not the best choice
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Poor management
fast paced job with decent pay
transfer crew (Former Employee) –  Adel, GANovember 29, 2017
Management is something else ,If you are black they will hate you.They talk to you like you're a animal and don't even bother trying to speak because they will look right past you.
Pros
decent pay, job work/life balance
Cons
racism, very unfriendly
very productive
Scale Operator (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSNovember 29, 2017
this is a good place to work if you don't mind working hard. there is always room for advancement and the pay isn't bad. great management and also benefits
Pros
fair pay
Ok job
Debone (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCNovember 29, 2017
Not the type of work I expected,machines stay broken down,faulty time clocks,overall its ok just not for me.But if someone wants to have a steady pay its a ok job
Pros
They will hire
Cons
They will fire for the simplists reasons..Ex..Earplugs
Wonderful Job
Bagger/Stocker (Current Employee) –  Collins, MSNovember 28, 2017
Working as a team and meeting new people everyday was very awesome. There was days people will be rude, but I maintain and stay focus on my job. There were no hardest part working at Sanderson Farms. The managers was awesome.
Pros
30 minutes break
Cons
Short breaks
fast paced work
Sorter (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 28, 2017
fast past lines run very fast and you have to keep up. not much room to advance. short breaks and the temperatures inside are very cold. your hands can hurt after a shift.
Human resources
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Pauls, NCNovember 28, 2017
Human Resource manager does not care what a employee is going thru (death of a love one), and is straight by the book for some people, yet will bend rules for others
Pros
good pay
Cons
management does not care
Fun place to work and a lot of people to talk to.
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Collins, MSNovember 27, 2017
It takes a minute to get used to when you first start working. After the first week, you get used to it and it won't seem so complicated. The hardest part of the job is learning how to cut the shoulder on the chicken, and that's actually the hardest job in the plant. What I liked most about the job was the managers and the paychecks after all of the hard work.
Pros
Get days off for holidays.
Cons
Short breaks and non-stop moving.
Its was fair
Line operator (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSNovember 26, 2017
Enjoy working there.. good money and good bentifits jus alot of cold standing.. wanted a change for myself and was ready to do back to my feild healthcare
Different Strokes for different folks
Freeze and Chill (Former Employee) –  Summit, MSNovember 26, 2017
You need money this is the place for you, but if you can find somewhere else to work that would be awesome. Overall if you get in the right department and are able to handle the work load than you are set.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Short breaks, hard on the body

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanderson Farms, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.