- To develop managerial and leadership skills while becoming knowledgeable about the poultry industry, Sanderson Farms, Inc., and its various divisions.
- Training for and performing duties at processing, production, and prepared foods at a manager level within state where hired.
- Academic- Must have Bachelor degree.
- Experience-Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in a management position.
- Personal-Trainee will train for up to three years for a manager level position within the state where hired.
-Must be mobile and willing to relocate.
-Must be able to work where the company needs them (any of our facilities in Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, Texas and North Carolina).
-The needs of the company determine which facility the Trainee is assigned to work.
Unfortunately candidates who do not meet the position requirements will not be considered.
- Develop effective management and leadership skills necessary to perform managerial functions.
- Become proficient in the company’s methods of operations and familiar with the goals and policies of the company and the divisions and their interrelationship.
- Perform supervisory positions as assigned in accordance with current position description for those assigned positions.
- Perform those specific special assignments as may be required in an accurate and timely manner in alignment with Sanderson Farms’ company culture.
Sanderson Farms, Inc., founded in 1947, is engaged in the production, processing, marketing and distribution of fresh and frozen chicken and other prepared food items. Employing more than 11,000 employees in operations spanning five states and 13 different cities, Sanderson Farms is the third largest poultry producer in the United States. With company headquarters in Laurel, Miss., Sanderson Farms is the only Fortune 1000 company headquartered within the state of Mississippi. Utilizing the support of more than 800 independently contracted growers, the company supplies poultry products to food retailers, distributors, restaurants and foodservice operators in the United States and more than 40 different countries. As a company, Sanderson Farms is committed to adopting a fresh approach to everything that it does. Not only where products are concerned, but company wide as well. Though the company has grown in size, it still adheres to the same hometown values of honesty, integrity and innovation that were established when the Sanderson family founded the company back in 1947 as a small feed, seed and farm supply business. Even today, after more than 67 years in the business, the company continues to be guided by current Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, Joe F. Sanderson, Jr., a third generation Sanderson who is keenly aligned with his family’s legacy of unparalleled growth, quality products and responsiveness to customer needs.