Sandia National Laboratories

Sandia National Laboratories United States Employee Reviews

Learned a lot as a student.
Student Contractor (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2013
I learned quite a bit as a contracted student intern. Being surrounded by knowledgeable people is a great advantage when working on difficult projects. It was also nice having access to cutting edge technology and a wealth of printed resources.
I loved this job
Clerical Student Intern (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMApril 9, 2013
Pros: pot luck parties, snowcones and ice cream thursdays, wii tournments
I got the chance to learn so many new skills, I met many people and had the opportunity to work with a great staff. We would always make it an enjoyable place to be.
Great company...
Professional Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 10, 2013
Pros: free time to work out...
Cons: short break...
Great place to get a career started with complex enterprise environment...
Great place to be...
Office Management Assistant (Current Employee), Livermore, CaFebruary 25, 2013
Pros: on site cafe, on site medical center, summer-time farmer's markets, professional development courses
Cons: below industry pay
If the only thing you are concerned about is pay, this is not the place to be. But, if you want to work with some brilliant minds, care about being able to work and see your family, want room to grow and are looking for an organization that cares about the community within which it serves and priming their employees for success, then this is definitely the place for you.
People environment
not for what I was hired for (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: clean building, some nice people
Cons: skirt chasers, sandian's treat contractors like dirt, except if you are the person being chased..then you are given "the world"
While I was there, there is a lot of "skirt chasing," even the married ones do it. Linked to the skirt chasing comes your promotions or whereever/whatever you want in the company.
Wonderful place to intern for.
Student Intern, Business Undergrad Year Round (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 5, 2013
Sandia Labs is an incredible opportunity for any student seeking an internship position.
Excellent Opportunity for EAs and OAAs
Senior Manager Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2012
Loved working environment and colleagues, benefits package superb.
Interesting Place to work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMOctober 14, 2012
Sandia Labs provide a great place to work. I was able to support very interesting and technical work. I was always challenged to learn more about customers work.
Financial/Accounting/Training/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 28, 2012
Working at SNL is a great learning experience. Got a chance to work in many areas and earn my degree.
Outstanding
Intern- General Clerical (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 4, 2012
Sandia National Laboratories is an excellent place to work. A challenging and exceptional place to learn, work, and gain experience. With many experienced people working there made each day a different experience in the daily work I use to do.
Great work life balance
Financial/Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 28, 2012
I had amazing co-workers and really felt like I worked with a family.
very interesting work related to national security
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Livermore, CAAugust 28, 2012
Research projects are very interesting with a broad range of subjects. It is possible to work on a variety of projects, but some initiative is required to get involved in projects outside the primary project to which you are hired.
Decent Company to work for
Software Analyst (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMAugust 5, 2012
Pros: wonderful, talented people
Cons: location
As a staff augmentation contractor you fill positions at Sandia where extra hands are needed on projects. You are exposed to great deal of variety and have the opportunity to learn many new things. The attitude at Sandia is very up and coming in exploring the latest technology and its many uses.
Challenging and rewarding technical environment
Consultant (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2012
Pros: challenging and rewarding technical environment
Challenging and rewarding technical environment with potential on working on projects with different technical bases.
Summer Technical Intern
SIP Technical - Undergrad Student Summer Intern (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2012
Great company and people. Got to work on amazing projects and alongside great people.
A great place to work
Technologist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 20, 2012
Pros: always busy
Cons: long hours
I loved Sandia National Laboratories and working with all the great guys and my wonderful manager. The work was interesting, diverse and challenging
Cutting edge company
Member Of Technical Staff (Former Employee), Albuquerque, New MexicoMay 31, 2012
Sandia offered me a fertile area to grow as an engineer. I gained experience and knowledge in the areas of high energy physics, weapon engineering, and radar engineering, to name only a few.
Hard work pays off, while the government looks over your shoulder.
Postdoc (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 14, 2012
Excellent work/life balance, salary and benefits. Strong management commitment to workplace equality and openness. Best part of the job is the ability to develop new ideas. Yearly training requirements, limited ability to carry personal electronics and cell phones and weekly time-charging can become tiresome, but that's life.
Manager (Former Employee), Livermore, CAApril 12, 2012
Great place to work. 9.80 schedule makes life easy! Work/Life balance and diversity.

About Sandia National Laboratories

About Sandia Sandia National Laboratories is the nation's premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology – Read more

Sandia National Laboratories Salaries

Student Intern
$73,500 per year

Sandia National Laboratories Photos

Presenting my Student Intern work at the RVR (Robotic Vehicle Range)