SANDIA RESORT AND CASINO Employee Reviews in United States

Learning Opportunities--Great Benefits
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2016
During my employment at Sandia I had continual learning opportunites, paid vacation time which was available to cashout if needed for emergencies or Christmas time.
Pros
Free shift meals, PTO/available to "Cash out"
Cons
Smoke Filled Environment
Regressive Leadership and Management Practices
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pueblo of Sandia and Sandia Resort and CasinoJanuary 6, 2016
The Pueblo of Sandia entities suffer from high turn over mostly due to their inability in properly managing their businesses. They could use the help from true Casino Operations and Development professionals. Whether right or wrong, Leadership takes full advantage of their sovereign immunity on every one of their decisions that mostly include limited critical reasoning.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
No Raises, Poor Leadership, No Advancement Opportunities
Fun job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2016
Meeting new people everyday was the best part!
Learned a lot about pharmacies, and shipping and receiving.
Great management!
benefits
Cons
having to face the store all the time
Good place to work if your bilengual
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 11, 2016
I was put in all stations everyday, I was asked to do most of the work, and I didn't feel very welcome because I didn't know Spanish. Some of my coworkers were great, I made some friends with them and even with one of the supervisors.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Everyone speaks spanish
Excellent benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 23, 2015
A typical days work can be stressful with the people who are disgruntle. I have learned people can not be trusted when money is involved. The management is professional, and makes the job interesting, The co-workers work as a team and that makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
No chance for advanancement.
Day as a tablegames dealer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2014
We needed to arrive to our workplace approximately 30 mins prior to start time. We did not get paid for the entire time being there at the workplace. We had a short briefing/meeting over promotions and what was expected out on the gaming floor.
We got our assigned table positions and stood at our game tables until customers approached us if the table was already opened. If the gaming table was not previously opened we opened it according the rules and regulations to the gaming procedures.
Pros
meet different people from different backgrounds.
Cons
worked every holiday. overtime work was mandated. work schedule was randomn.
Small bar with huge potential
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 24, 2014
The small bar handled many patrons as well as take out orders and room service. The ability to create cocktails and be heard by management with new ideas is refreshing. The hardest part of this job was the lack of staff and the need for everyone else to cover shifts. Voucher days were brutal and taxing but profitable. I thoroughly enjoyed the clientele and the staff.
Pros
employee dining room offers great low-priced food.
Cons
human resources takes forever to handle paper work.
Resort atmosphere
Cocktail Server/ Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2013
Working for Sandia Resort and Casino was the first job that I had that I had to hold a confidential nature. It was fast paced at times and had great pay. The view was amazing, and is a beautiful property. Hardest part of the job was getting out earlier than 3 am and some of their employees. The part I liked the most was working on busy nights and working in a fine dinning atmosphere with more respectable patrons and continuing my experience as a bar-tending. Another is being apart of the four diamond rating obtained by AAA.
Pros
resort, beautiful property, benefits, fine dinning
Cons
other employees, remote
The Place to Be in New Mexico
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2014
The job was a diverse experience. The work and hours of the job could be better. The overall morale is non-existent and continues to show on the face of the employees. Fake smiles only last so long. Handling money is stressful especially when people do not care to lighting up the work day.
Pros
benefits, worker / staff recreation, pto/ot
Cons
management, company culture, no morale
A typical shift at Sandia Casino and Resort.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 7, 2013
A typical shift could be conducting duties as a casino rover which entailed conducting employee/guest escorts. Performing table game chip fills. Responding to medical emergencies. Responding to other incidents to include thefts, domestic disputes, intoxicated guests, fights and other issues. I learned how to handle numerous situations and greatly improved my report writing skills. Other duties include the lounge rotation, the front door/south door rotation and the vault rotation. I also was trained security dispatch and surveillance. As a supervisor I was responsible for a squad of 8-12 Officers. Most of the time I worked well with management. I worked very well with my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the politics. The best part of the job was meeting new people and the pay and benefits.
Pros
pay, benifits and location.
Cons
the internal politics.
poor
Cage Vault Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2015
not my cup of tea. i could not deal any longer with the second hand smoke. Inconsistent administration of operational standards.
Was a family type work enviroment
TURN DOWN ATTENDANT AND HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2013
I loved my job there. The fellow team members it was like a family, and management was so helpfull and careing. I had to move to florida with my family, or I would still be working there. It was a good experience.
Overall Great Experience
Resort Employee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2015
Current Employee satisfied overall. Would like a new challenge and ready for something completely new and different. Not any room for advancement.
Customer service
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2014
I like working with people and have a lot of customer service experience. I did room service, cashier
Pros
room service
Cons
short breaks
Enjoyable Enviroment
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 24, 2014
Assisting guests on a daily basis with comps, dinners and rooms.
Great Team Work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  ALbuquerque, NMOctober 15, 2013
Everyone one is on the same team, friendly and willing to go the extra mile for the guests and employees.

2.7