SANDIA RESORT AND CASINO Employee Reviews

terrible management
Line Attendant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 23, 2017
I have worked food nd beverage most my life and ive never seen how the managers both from the front and back of the buffet which includes the dishwashers are so horrible. Not once has a manger thanked us for our hard work. They constantly are checking everything thats wrong with the work and never can say good things. Its so bad no one has serv safe certifications they dont wash hands everything is filthy the food is used for like 2weeks
benefits
Cons
no breaks, managers forget to give you lunch
Overall good to work for.
FACILITIES SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque NMMay 16, 2017
Very busy. Lots of transition in structure of the Department. Limited Growth Potential. Very clean environment. Lots of challenges. Very Competitive Work place. All new equipment. Fairly new buildings.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Limited Growth Potential
Fun place fun people
Valet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 16, 2017
keep's you busy time goes by fast on busy night's But on slow night's there would be a lot of standing around.The supervisor's were either too involved or not at all.The people I got to work with were usually great and would make it a great place to work
Pros
the buffet and the people you would meet on a daily basis
Cons
too much running and stairs
Fair
Driver/Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87110March 12, 2017
Sandia Casino is based largely on advancement if you know the right person or people. I feel there is a lot of favoritism and people looking the other way on certain issues. The company isn't really all bad but the management does not listen to the ideas of the everyday workers and wont take anything under consideration if they don't benefit from it. some managers care about your personal life and understand if you have a family emergency but others don't seem to care much or even at all.
Pros
Discounted menu items, interaction with people
Cons
Bad managment
Great Benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2017
Cash cage is a strict job as you are handling a lot of money but can be very rewarding. Be careful when you apply for benefits because they had my ssn and gender incorrect and I could not log in, still not resolved.
Pros
Smoking and non smoking break rooms and laundry service for work clothes
Very exciting and never a dull moment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87105February 10, 2017
Checked guests in and out of resort. Helped assist pool attendants with guests passes. Billing, stocking, laughing and professionalism at all times. Management can be a little bit more understanding on employees needs.
Very professional environment. Hardest part of job is when resort sold out and no rooms available for Walk in guests who have been on road all day

Best part of job, my peers.....they made the job
Pros
Was able to meet so many people
Cons
Better hours
huge turnover rate
surveillance maintenance (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 5, 2016
Horrible place to work. Do not waste your time. The main boss has no idea what's going on. She does not care about you but her self. The supervisor is only looking out for himself. No one is treated fairly. I would not recommend this place of hire to anyone.
Treated with discrimination and Hostility by Rene Flores, Evelyn Chavez! The way your treated is criminal
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 30, 2016
Horrible Attitudes by most of management and Gaming Departments! Again The Things Sandia Casino does to people is criminal. Discrimination from horrible S&R Management Rene Flores and Evelyn Chavez Wrongfully Terminated me before my 90 day mark
Pros
Great benefits and Good Pay! Many people are friendly and Security is Awesome
Cons
discrimination is strong and some management makes it a very Hostile workplace.
Good atmosphere to work in.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 4, 2016
Good place to work with overall really good benefits. I liked the times of my shift and coworkers were nice. Overall a good place to work.
Fun job
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2016
Meeting new people everyday was the best part!
Learned a lot about pharmacies, and shipping and receiving.
Great management!
benefits
Cons
having to face the store all the time
Learning Opportunities--Great Benefits
Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 11, 2016
During my employment at Sandia I had continual learning opportunites, paid vacation time which was available to cashout if needed for emergencies or Christmas time.
Pros
Free shift meals, PTO/available to "Cash out"
Cons
Smoke Filled Environment
Fun Place to Work
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 15, 2016
Sandia Casino was a very fun place to work. Base pay was great and tipswere great as well. Supervisors were very fair and easy to get along with. The casino itself treated thier employees very well and had excellent benefits. Work was scheduled around entertainment time so typical employees who wanted to do well in tips had to work when the crowds were there (nights, weekends, and holidays)
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Management, Fun work enviroment
Cons
Schedule
Good place to work if your bilengual
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 11, 2016
I was put in all stations everyday, I was asked to do most of the work, and I didn't feel very welcome because I didn't know Spanish. Some of my coworkers were great, I made some friends with them and even with one of the supervisors.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Everyone speaks spanish
Regressive Leadership and Management Practices
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Pueblo of Sandia and Sandia Resort and CasinoJanuary 6, 2016
The Pueblo of Sandia entities suffer from high turn over mostly due to their inability in properly managing their businesses. They could use the help from true Casino Operations and Development professionals. Whether right or wrong, Leadership takes full advantage of their sovereign immunity on every one of their decisions that mostly include limited critical reasoning.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
No Raises, Poor Leadership, No Advancement Opportunities
poor
Cage Vault Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 24, 2015
not my cup of tea. i could not deal any longer with the second hand smoke. Inconsistent administration of operational standards.
Excellent benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 23, 2015
A typical days work can be stressful with the people who are disgruntle. I have learned people can not be trusted when money is involved. The management is professional, and makes the job interesting, The co-workers work as a team and that makes the job enjoyable.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
No chance for advanancement.
Overall Great Experience
Resort Employee (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 19, 2015
Current Employee satisfied overall. Would like a new challenge and ready for something completely new and different. Not any room for advancement.
Day as a tablegames dealer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 11, 2014
We needed to arrive to our workplace approximately 30 mins prior to start time. We did not get paid for the entire time being there at the workplace. We had a short briefing/meeting over promotions and what was expected out on the gaming floor.
We got our assigned table positions and stood at our game tables until customers approached us if the table was already opened. If the gaming table was not previously opened we opened it according the rules and regulations to the gaming procedures.
Pros
Meet different people from different backgrounds.
Cons
Worked every holiday. Overtime work was mandated. Work schedule was randomn.
Enjoyable Enviroment
Casino Host (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 24, 2014
Assisting guests on a daily basis with comps, dinners and rooms.
The Place to Be in New Mexico
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 11, 2014
The job was a diverse experience. The work and hours of the job could be better. The overall morale is non-existent and continues to show on the face of the employees. Fake smiles only last so long. Handling money is stressful especially when people do not care to lighting up the work day.
Pros
Benefits, Worker / Staff Recreation, Pto/ot
Cons
Management, Company Culture, No Morale