Sandia Staffing Alliance Employee Reviews

This company wasn't interested in you if you didn't have a degree
Database Administrator (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 13, 2012
Pros: every 6 months there was a working lunch
Cons: on call, less benefits, no respect
Not a good working experience or environment. It was the same job, more work, less pay and less benefits (health and monetary). It was a competitive and tense atmosphere. Management would come in and say good morning to some employees and acted as if the others were invisible. The management and staff knew you were there for just a short time and treated you like a number. You weren't aloud to work on certain reports because you were a subcontractor. As long as you were a yes person and did the job according to management (not procedure) you were fine. It was all about showing numbers. The human resource staff was wonderful. They would assist in paperwork and make sure we knew what our benefits were and how to use them to their full extent.
Staffing Company
Environmental Regulatory Compliance (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2012
Pros: 9/80 work schedule, get every other friday off.
Cons: contract limit.
I perform Environmental Regulatory Compliance for the Water Quality Group at Sandia National Laboratories. My work is interesting and enjoyable when a project is accomplished on time and under budget. However, due to budget limits, I am under contract and the contract expires on October 1, 2013. I have been told that I will be hired as a Sandia Employee. I have gone through the interview and hiring process and was about to get a job offer when a hiring freeze was placed into effect in June of 2012.
Lack of training inhibits growth.
Program Administrator/Technical Writer (Current Employee), Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NMMay 30, 2012
Attitude is if a skill is needed, go hire someone rather than train an in-place employee.