Sandridge Energy Employee Reviews

Challenging work in a good work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work includes working with upper management to be successful. I've learned that many opportunities for continuing challenges from the industry economics makes it difficult for management to be successful with the assets/products to sell. A work family environment was established, but has recently lost its feel. The hardest part of my job is the travel, but enjoy the freedom to work without constraints.
Pros
Compensation/Benefit Package
Cons
Instability in job security
surving the oil and gas crisis
Production Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 2, 2016
All around I personally enjoyed working at SandRidge Energy. I loved my job and responsibilities. The people and culture are enjoyable and make it easy to come to work. With the lay offs due to staggering oil prices and poor leadership from upper management, the work load has increased and culture has changed for the worse. The executive management lacks transparency by trying paint a picture the business will continue to flourish with the economy all while making horrible business decisions.
Pros
Occasional free tickets to sporting events, great Christmas parties
Cons
departments don't interact with each other, lack of job security.
Productive & challenging workplace with fitness center
SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2016
(1) Great Benefits
(2) Good People & Culture
(3) Challenging & Opportunities
(4) Great Campus
(5) Good Supervisor
(6) Good Workplace
Pros
Free Soft drinks, Coffee & Snacks
Cons
Politics
SandRidge
SandRidge Midstream - Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
Like every company there are ups and downs. I loved working for a company who cared for their employees. Training at times was rough, a lot of learning on your own after the first day or so. Everyone though was helpful in most aspects when help was needed, or questions needed to be answered. Most management personnel were patient and would explain to the best of their ability. Hardest part of the job were the people who pushed work off on others, and spent day after day talking and not working while the "under dogs" spent 9 plus hours a day playing catch up.
Great place to work, I would apply at SandRidge at first oppourtunity.
Work over Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TX 79714November 14, 2016
My time with Sandridge was great, the people there are good to work with. SandRidge offers great opportunities for advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunity, chance to express ideas, share new ideas
Cons
restructuring caused many lay-off's
Fast Paced and always changing
Facilities Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2017
SD was a very fast placed company to be at. Things were constantly changing with management changes happening more often than desired. They disregard the need for experience if the individual is well liked. I used my time there to learn project management in a trial by fire environment.
Pros
Lots to learn, fast pace
Cons
Ever changing workplace
Coworkers were excellent to work with
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityDecember 3, 2016
Manager was an excellent person to work with and co-workers were excellent to work with management would sometimes give us cookouts very good food what's a good place to start off working with but when the business started falling everything started going bad
Fast paced, innovative energy company with strong character and a family-like culture
Engineering Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2016
On an average day, I would balance my time among known tasks, and additional needs that would unexpectedly surface.
I learned how important it is to work well under pressure and to do my best, regardless of outside influence.
Management was friendly, but expected respect, hard work, and diligence.
My co-workers were also friendly and cooperative.
The hardest part of my job was making decisions and executing actions with sometimes limited information.
The most enjoyable part of my job was accomplishing each task, as I knew I worked hard to complete them.
Pros
Congenial attitude among employees, mutual drive to accomplish business goals, overall great benefits, and flexible schedule
Great people, demanding schedule
Logistics Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 8, 2016
Great managers and great support. I learned a lot from this company. Top notch information. Demanding schedule with every other weekend required to provide support to active rigs. Evening duties during every day of the week. Solid pay and great benefits.
Pros
Always went the extra mile to support employees.
Cons
Market fluctuations out of their control affects their company.
Challenging yet Enjoyable and Interesting Company to work for great Managers and Team.
SandRidge Midstream, Area Operation's Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXMarch 17, 2016
Meet every morning with field operations support groups, discuss any problems or issues, discuss volumes, pressures, discuss any pending or new projects, put a work plan together for the daily activities, discuss potential safety issues or concerns, share information with other support groups.

Good upper management easy to discuss issues with, good engineering support group always available to help.

Great coworkers very dedicated and professional always willing to try new ideas and take on new challenges.

Hardest part of the job was leaving.

Most enjoyable was working together with the team when they had issues to come up with a resolution.
Pros
Working with great people.
Great People
Associates Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 15, 2016
I enjoyed working at SandRidge for the time I worked there. The people were great to work with. Management is great and very helpful. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Oil and Gas industry is very Volatile.
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2016
Great place to work. The people in my department were really good and made the place as family atmosphere. I learned a lot and grew as an engineer here.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours
Cons
too many layoffs, uncertainty makes it hard to work.
Because the company is not very old, it was very exciting
Division Order Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 23, 2016
I enjoyed working at SandRidge Energy, they were very generous with their benefits package and continuous training was offered.
Co-Workers Are Amazing!
Sr. SCADA Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2016
I enjoy my position with SD Energy. Typical day is just like any other in an O&G Company.

This is the kind of job that you get what you put in it. There is a high demand, level of expectations, and a lot of work to be completed. Tight budget and timelines. There is always room to ask for assistance.
I loved my job they closed down the plant and laid everyone off
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnie, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I was a process operator. I did pretty much everything I did at Linc. I got along with all my co-workers and boss and still communicate with all of them today,
this job is perfect for the self motivated who needs little to no supervision
LEASE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXFebruary 13, 2016
I enjoyed this job at first, but soon became bored when the challenge was gone. a typical day consists of first going to the oil tank batteries that I am responsible for to determine oil production for the day, checking the facility for proper operation. The rest of the day is spent ensuring that the oil wells are operating with no leaks and maximum efficiency.
Pros
self paced
Cons
limited promotional opertunities
The company lacked any management with experience.
Senior Construction Foreman (Former Employee) –  Alva,OkMarch 31, 2016
There was no communication from upper management when you tried to get a hold of anyone. I enjoyed all of the field people that I worked with hand in hand.
Pros
I worked with a bunch of great field people
Cons
There was no upper management interaction at all...
Not a good place to work
Tool pusher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2016
They don't back employees ,,they have gone bankrupt or been bought out by another company, no one that I worked with is still working there as far as I know.
Overall good job.
Safety Representative for Pulling Units (Former Employee) –  Alva, OKFebruary 11, 2016
I started in the warehouse until they upper management realized I had a background as a former emergency responder. I was moved up to case management and merged into safety. I really enjoyed my job and felt I offered a great deal to keeping costs down from bridging the gap between management, subsidiary companies, and the field workers.
Pros
healthcare, retirement, vehicle
Cons
24/7 on call for any emergency
Work environment
SYSTEMS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 12, 2016
This was a great place to work with great people and bright minds.
The company offers great benefits and perks that might be hard to find at other companies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandridge Energy. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3