SANDRIDGE ENERGY

SANDRIDGE ENERGY United States Employee Reviews

Employer very generous
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Stock, good rates for health insurance, free snacks
Cons: Boss was so busy, she rarely had time for questions.
SandRidge gave a certain amount of stock once a year at evaluation time. The amount charged for health insurance was very minimal. They provided "free" soft drinks, peanut butter and crackers. As well as a very nice break room with full size microwaves and refrigerator. I learned a small amount of Spanish. A typical day at work was very strenuous, busy with little room for errors. Boss was so busy she rarely had time for questions.
Oil Rig
Floor Hand (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2015
Productive drilling rig. Long hours typical in the oil company. Management is there when needed. Hardest part of job is the long hours and working 7 days straight. Over all the company is a great company. They offer great benefits and 401k package. Safety of their employes is number.
Good and safe company
Derrick Man, Motor Man and Floor Hand (Former Employee), Fort Stockton, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: real safe and willing to teach those who wanted to learn.
Cons: long drive to work and back.
I started with Sandridge and worked for a driller who was willing to teach me about the job. I learned everything he taught me and what other co-workers would also show me. Management was real good and organized. Everyone liked their job and the pay. It was a good experiance for me and a good start on the drilling rigs.
An invaluable learning experience.
Accounts payable clerk (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long commute
I have learned so much at Sandridge and grown professionally as well as an individual in the business world. I will forever be grateful for everything I learned at Sandridge Energy and I am excited to use the experience in my career in years to come. A typical day at work involves problem solving, teamwork and extreme focus to move high volumes of invoices daily at a fast efficient pace. My coworkers were extremely knowledgeable and experienced. I work with the best and I know they have made me sharper. The most enjoyable part of my job is the volunteer opportunities that were provided.
Awesome Company
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 16, 2014
I loved the daily interaction with Vendors and Engineers. Very busy and interesting job.
Excellent Company
Inventory Control Tech (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 12, 2014
Pros: free health shots monthly, lunches, employee related events.
Cons: gossip, not supporting your work for the benefit of the other co-worker.
Very attentive to their employees, safety concerns, health concerns, gym on site.
Floorhand (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 17, 2014
Enjoy my job with Sandridge. Good people. Good pay. Easy to work with.
Safety first,always,make sure you go home to your family.
Plant Operator II (Current Employee), Fort Stockton, TXSeptember 13, 2014
Pros: 12 hours a day
Cons: 7 on 7 off rotating shifts
learn how to operate gas compressors , H2s analyzers ,inspect them so they stay operating properly . the heat and the cold weather is the hardest part, but I'm used to that though .
enjoyable work place with strong family values
Production foreman (Former Employee), Northwest OKAugust 17, 2014
Pros: outdoor work enviroment
Cons: corperate uncertainty
most days were pretty routine check production online. Travel to areas where improvements are need if none are needed, inspect well sites. Assist pumpers in daily operations. Perform maintence and workover duties on wells. The biggest downside of the job was being on call but it comes with the territory. The best part of the job was working by yourself and being outdoors
started off as a great atmosphere to work in
IT Infrastructure Field Lead (Former Employee), Alva, OKJune 4, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: poor managment
The midstream measurement department has no skilled Managers. The worst group of non professionals I have ever worked around. Some good technicians but no educated manager in measurement.
lease operator
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXFebruary 11, 2014
 Monitor, maintain, and report the daily operations of wells and sites on an assigned route
 Check lease and all wells every day to maintain property, check for spills and troubleshoot wells
 Gauge oil and water tanks for daily production, enter daily production into computer system
workplace
pumper (Former Employee), Andrews, TXDecember 11, 2013
thankful for the chance to prove myself and gain experience. learned alot. i actually enjoyed working for sandridge.
productive and fun place to work
IT System Specialist II (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 12, 2013
• Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and interpersonal skills used to develop and cultivate relationships with customers, team members and vendors
• Expert knowledge of computing environments, including hardware and software and Ability to prioritize tasks and projects in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
• Provided 24/7 support to Clients and made decisions with limited information and effectively engaged with ambiguity
Productive and fun place to work with great people and opportunity for advancement
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 4, 2013
Pros: company dinners, paid holidays, working lunches
Cons: too much free food :-)
A great place to work, very freindly and professionall atmosphere.
Learned alot of great tools and life skills.
Love the management team and co- workers were superior.
Coming to work was something that I would look forward to, it was more than just work.
The most enjoyable part of my job I would say is being able to serve others.
the company is a good company but in process of selling
Field Tech/Pumper (Current Employee), andrews,txAugust 12, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: management problems
I would drive to location. Then I would proceed to check battery vessels and operations. I would then drive to testers and get well tests, and production. I would then turn in production on citrix. When this is done I would look at xspoc and see what wells are down and which ones need to be checked first. Once the list is done I would then proceed to check the rest of the wells for prevention of future problems. At the end of the day I would check batteries once again and check well testers at the headers before heading home. My job was to produce with a safe manner and efficient way of doing my job. By prevention and upkeep to facilities and wells.
Fun place to work with a gym and ping pong table.
Travel Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 3, 2013
Great place to work. Lots of changes happening. A typical place at work was very busy. No time to even blink. Never took lunch. Hardest part of the job was dealing with daily demands and all of the last minute requests.
Awesome Learning Experience
Pumper I (Current Employee), Andrews, TXJune 1, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: advancement is not for the old school hard working type.
A great place to learn and start a career as pumper they have very competitive and limited growth.
Great company and benefits
Motorman/Safety Capt. (Former Employee), Midland, TXApril 26, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: most rigs went back to ok
It was a great company with great pay. When they say you get a down hole bonus you do and even the bunk houses are much better than other companies (but still a bunk house.)
The Power Of Us
Information Technology Ad (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 21, 2013
Pros: community service, ping pong tables, event tickets
Cons: job responsibility not defined
This company cared deeply for their employees and community. We worked hard and played hard together. Before the corporate take over.
Good Place to Work
Senior Captain (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityJanuary 14, 2013
Fully Satisfied with all aspects of the company.

As Senior Captain I directly support the departments’ Chief Pilot in making all operational and administrative decisions while at times acting as Chief Pilot. I act as PIC on a Falcon 900EX and Challenger 601-3A, as well as a Cessna Encore, during domestic and international flight operations. In addition, I manage the departments’ flight crew training and standardization issues. I also maintain the departments’ flight scheduling, crew scheduling, passenger scheduling and aircraft flight records using SeaGil’s BART software along with several other Microsoft compatible software programs.

About SANDRIDGE ENERGY

This sand ridge reveals not a desert but a vista of future profits. SandRidge Energy explores for and produces oil and natural – Read more