Sandridge Energy Employee Reviews

admin
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 14, 2017
I worked there for a short time, and it seemed as if they environment of the company was all around negative. Employees were awesome, company just made it an unhappy place to work.
The company folded so the review is pointless.
Assistant to the CEO/President (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 26, 2017
The job was 24/7 and the phone could ring at any point during the day or night so work life balance was a little off. There were a lot of nice employees who lost their jobs during the downward slide.
Pros
good salaries
Cons
very little support from upper management
Management Prospectus
DRILLING CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2017
I love challenges by leading my team to excellence, and completing our objectives under budget, ahead of schedule, thereby maximizing revenue and profits for the shareholders. I'm an excellent communicator and trainer of responsibilities.I believe an employee should understand his or her responsibilities prior to achieving or completing their goals in a safe environment.It is vital to evaluate the performance of each employee relative to their objective, with their supervisor to high light any corrections that may be constructive to the next assignment.Excellence is everybodies goal. mjk
Pros
A challenging work environment
Sr Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Andrews, TXMay 23, 2017
I recommend working here it is very laid back.
Managers are fair and not hard to talk to we are more like family then co workers.
Benefits are good as well as the atmosphere.
Productive work environment
Pumper (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 17, 2017
Met several new people and learned many more new skills to make my job more efficient as well as more productive and profitable. Very impressed with job experience offered.
Ok place to work at
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXApril 26, 2017
Being a Pumper as Sandridge is for the most part same as anywhere else biggest problem I had was advancing up and that my job wasn't very secure management was ok pay was good hours could be good depending on what route you were on.
Drilling Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 26, 2017
Good people, good environment. I have spent 5 years there and really enjoy it. Unfortunately the oil and gas market took a turn for the worse and we had to lose good people. They did everything right to compensate the people laid off and emerged from bankruptcy to rebuild the company.
Workplace culture is excellent
Sr. Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 19, 2017
SandRidge provides an enjoyable workplace. The workplace culture is one of the best in the industry. The downturn in the oil and gas industry resulted in several lay-offs at SandRidge Energy. The employees that were layed off were treated with respect and SandRidge provided these employees with a means for re-employment.
Great Work Place
DOT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Stockton, TXFebruary 6, 2017
This job was the best job ever. My manager was great working around my children's schedule. We worked as a family to get things done in a fast and accurate time. The hardest part of the job was make sure all DOT laws were being followed. The most enjoyable is seeing your work being praised.
Pros
Management was grea
Cons
Leaving
This company cares more about the employees than ANY place I have ever worked.
Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 8, 2017
Sandridge shows that the first priority of management is the treatment, care and safety of the employees. Unlike many companies, Sandridge realizes that there would be no company or profits without the labor, ingenuity and loyalty of the people who work there. I was always treated with respect and kindness while working there and always shows that I was valued for the work I produced during my tenure there. Sandridge never once failed to put their money where there mouth was. Not only was I shown verbal gratitude for my contribution to the company, I was shown tangible gratitude as well. I cannot speak too highly of Sandridge.
Pros
Bonuses for all employees.
Fast Paced and always changing
Facilities Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 7, 2017
SD was a very fast placed company to be at. Things were constantly changing with management changes happening more often than desired. They disregard the need for experience if the individual is well liked. I used my time there to learn project management in a trial by fire environment.
Pros
Lots to learn, fast pace
Cons
Ever changing workplace
Productive & challenging workplace with fitness center
SENIOR LOGISTICS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 29, 2016
(1) Great Benefits
(2) Good People & Culture
(3) Challenging & Opportunities
(4) Great Campus
(5) Good Supervisor
(6) Good Workplace
Pros
Free Soft drinks, Coffee & Snacks
Cons
Politics
Challenging work in a good work place
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 10, 2016
A typical day at work includes working with upper management to be successful. I've learned that many opportunities for continuing challenges from the industry economics makes it difficult for management to be successful with the assets/products to sell. A work family environment was established, but has recently lost its feel. The hardest part of my job is the travel, but enjoy the freedom to work without constraints.
Pros
Compensation/Benefit Package
Cons
Instability in job security
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 6, 2016
Great place to work. The people in my department were really good and made the place as family atmosphere. I learned a lot and grew as an engineer here.
Pros
Flexibility in work hours
Cons
too many layoffs, uncertainty makes it hard to work.
Coworkers were excellent to work with
Operation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma CityDecember 3, 2016
Manager was an excellent person to work with and co-workers were excellent to work with management would sometimes give us cookouts very good food what's a good place to start off working with but when the business started falling everything started going bad
Great place to work, I would apply at SandRidge at first oppourtunity.
Work over Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TX 79714November 14, 2016
My time with Sandridge was great, the people there are good to work with. SandRidge offers great opportunities for advancement.
Pros
advancement opportunity, chance to express ideas, share new ideas
Cons
restructuring caused many lay-off's
SandRidge
SandRidge Midstream - Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 8, 2016
Like every company there are ups and downs. I loved working for a company who cared for their employees. Training at times was rough, a lot of learning on your own after the first day or so. Everyone though was helpful in most aspects when help was needed, or questions needed to be answered. Most management personnel were patient and would explain to the best of their ability. Hardest part of the job were the people who pushed work off on others, and spent day after day talking and not working while the "under dogs" spent 9 plus hours a day playing catch up.
I loved my job they closed down the plant and laid everyone off
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnie, TXSeptember 1, 2016
I was a process operator. I did pretty much everything I did at Linc. I got along with all my co-workers and boss and still communicate with all of them today,
Not a good place to work
Tool pusher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 14, 2016
They don't back employees ,,they have gone bankrupt or been bought out by another company, no one that I worked with is still working there as far as I know.
Co-Workers Are Amazing!
Sr. SCADA Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 3, 2016
I enjoy my position with SD Energy. Typical day is just like any other in an O&G Company.

This is the kind of job that you get what you put in it. There is a high demand, level of expectations, and a lot of work to be completed. Tight budget and timelines. There is always room to ask for assistance.