Sands Casino Employee Reviews

fun
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 14, 2017
A typical day in the sands is to clock in and start folding sheets or wash them. One team would dry and one team would fold.

What I have learned about this job even if it was a short time, that how important is the job.

I loved my manager

Workplace culture was spanish ladies

the hardest part of that job was getting the sheets from the rooms and how soiled and smelly they was.

What I loved about my job is I can put music
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no cons
Great place to work.
Dual rate=Maintenance Tech IV/Shift Mgr (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 15, 2017
Good benefits: health, dental, 401K match with great investments, meals and flexibility with hrs. Worked with a-lot of different latest and greatest facility equipment. They provided all that was needed to perform the work at hand.
Very face paced
PAD (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 28, 2017
I was cleaning there and it was a bit cut throat. Other managers or supervisors treated the cleaning crew very disrespectfully and would constantly belittle you.
Pros
Paid lunch
It was an ok place to work. i was nice working with the Pennsylvania State Police. All in all it was a good experience.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 23, 2017
A typical day ay the sands consisted of carding patrons at the door, escorting minors to various restaurants. Patrolling the grounds of the casino. Working with video and audio surveillance equiptment.
Pros
free lunches, good training
Cons
people were disrespectful
Great place for someone who just wants to stay longterm
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMarch 25, 2017
Restaurant life sucks due to limited creativity with menus and corporate telling you what to do. Can't complain it was a great start great way to learn but it just becomes very stale and mundane. The people are amazing to work with I just think overall management has alot to worry about constantly. Great pay but depends on how you view its like selling out to put out lousy food over priced food. Emerils spots are the best spots hands down everywhere else needs work.
Pros
Free meal if you get a break
Cons
Constantly shorthanded
Sands Casino
Count Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 22, 2016
They closed so it really doesnt matter any longer.Good pay benefits, nice managers, co workers. Free food in cafateria
Pros
money good, free food, vacation pay
Cons
They closed
sands casino
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 19, 2016
it was a fun place to be at. you get to speak to a lot of people from different places. i learned how to count the money and work the cash register. also the workers were very hard workers.
Dead end job.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 5, 2016
Great job for experience but not a place to make a career. Very easy to get fired. They expect a lot out of you for such a low pay rate.
Pros
One free hot meal a day.
Cons
Low Pay
Workplace and Workload
Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 12, 2016
A typical day at work involved, detailed reports, observing the entire casino from the gaming floor to the back of the house. As a team we dealt with creating subject profiles, saving footage, dealing with employees, observing table games, dealing with employee and patron thefts, Sarc paperwork (Title 31), working closey with Security and the State Police. The hardest part about the job was having a over abundunce of work thrown on you without ever being shown what to do. The people i wokred with made it enjoyable.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
10 hour days
Poor Management
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 19, 2016
My personal co-workers were great! The management of the poker room was very poor! The manager was barely ever around and never returned emails or phone calls!
Pros
One free lunch per work day
Cons
Poor Healthcare
really fun environment, great management, great surroundings
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 26, 2016
great place to work, really easy job, management is great, co workers are awesome, taking criticism from customers can be hard to deal with sometimes but you just pull through, meeting new people all the time and just having a fun time is the best part about the job.
Pros
Free food, meeting great people.
Cons
taking criticism from customers
Great benefits with horrible pay and hours
Steward (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 24, 2016
Depending on what department you are located in... Hard work and great work ethics are not always rewarded. You just get assigned extra work and horrible hours at the same pay as everyone else. You are also "encouraged" to work through your brakes. GREAT BENEFITS!!!!!
A fun work envirnoment and very well operated
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 20, 2016
This was a great job and the benefits were awesome. They always did extra for the employees to show their appreciation.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with the cigarette smoke.
Pros
Great benefits, perks for employees, free lunch. several breaks, and paid lunch
Cons
smoking environment, short breaks
many hours on your feet, limited to none room for advancement
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 26, 2016
As a security officer we spend most of the day on our feet, walking around the property and standing at a post for two hours at a time.
most patrons are heavy smokers and I do not smoke myself.
Pros
Free uniforms and one hot meal per break
Cons
Very stressful mentaly, to deal with the patrons and alway be on watch
Exciting WorkPlace
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 14, 2015
I love making the customers night Crazy,Wild, and Energetic. There happy, I'm happy. You meet people from every where, Every night was always magical.
outstanding enviroment plenty of opportunity for growth
dealer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 28, 2015
Excellent company to work for. Management is very supportive and encouraging. I work nights and enjoy being in a busy environment. Benefits are outstanding .However the casino is not located to a va hospital which would be beneficial to me
Nice place
Steward (Former Employee) –  bethlehem, PASeptember 12, 2015
great place to work and willing to work with you and they are all about family.Always treat the worker with respect and pay is right as well.
security officer
Lead Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 31, 2015
typical day at work 1st find what post u are at and what rotation and what i learned how to talk people and wright reports,typing and how to look for criminals who steals coin cups ,cash ,car thieves, and co-work who are stealing . and dealing with customer service.
Pros
good and fun place to work at i miss my co-workers
Cons
it close down
Awesome experience.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 23, 2015
Front desk staff is awesome. Good team work and learning from the best customer service managers I have seen. Fun environment with free team member lunches.
Security Work
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 24, 2015
Company offered steady employment. Also offered overtime hours and a handful of extra certifications to help better you at your job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sands Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Sands Casino Reviews by Location