Sandvik Employee Reviews in United States

Not a well managed company.
Tool Maker, General Machinist, Maintainance (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCJuly 21, 2016
Not a well managed company fron 1985 thru 1999.
Management was not fair to employes when it came to working out safety problems when they arised.
Good company known for Interpersonal Communication
Patent Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2016
The company is good about providing personable communication by holding business group meetings frequently with employees that are located around the world. They are good about allowing you to provide feedback on any changes you feel may need to be implemented and giving them serious consideration.
My Past Job review
Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2016
The Various Company I did work for in the past, are fun loving environments, they all had good Managements. The Employees and Employers were friendly and nice people.

They did treat me and other Employees with respect. I will always recommend anyone to work in these company.
International Global Leader
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJJune 8, 2016
Great to be apart of a global leader in manufacturing, Company culture is very open to new people and ideas. Very good work life balance. Friendly co-workers. Currently undergoing massive changes in the shared services platforms, outcome of the changes is TBD.
Pros
Open company culture
Cons
lots of change
Productive and Well Rounded
Precious Metal Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJune 7, 2016
A typical work day involved knowing what need to be done, and in a well and productive fashion, I've learn a lot from machine set up to perform tubing, wiring, stripping and forming of gold, platinum, silver, titanium and copper wire. Management is good but could use more knowledgeable personnel of the work that is being perform at hand. My co-worker are awesome a great group of people and thanks to them I've learn so much about this type of profession. The only hard part about this job was learning so much at once which after a while became second nature. The most joyful part about this job is that you have the chance to work with good people that were welling to do whatever it took to make sure you knew what you were doing.
Pros
Benefits and PTO days
Cons
Pay is low and Short brakes
Productive and a fun place to work. Wonderful employees and management.
AP/PURCHASING ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMay 6, 2016
Very nice people. Always having a company function. excellent place to work. Management very professional. Very interested company to work for.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Being outsourced by India
Review
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNMay 2, 2016
It was not what I expected from an 150 year old corporation. Facility was heavily influenced by Europe and could not make own decisions.
fun and productive life
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAFebruary 26, 2016
I enjoyed my job and my co workers, they are making a change in this world. providing world class products and support. doing work that really matters. I learned and applied myself many things in a short period of time.
a great place to work
Electrician and assembler (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLFebruary 14, 2016
It was a great place to learn and to work. All my co- workers were willing to help when needed. Management was always willing to provided answers. The most enjoyable part of my employment as the people I was working with.
Well Organized
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYFebruary 10, 2016
Its a good place to work. Its is managed well and the people are fun to work with. The work is easy and the warehouse is climate controlled.
Loyal Company
Product Line Manager - Tooling, (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2016
Sandvik was a great company to work for. They allowed you to have a balanced work-life schedule and encouraged you to be involved outside of the workplace.

They allowed you to make your own decisions and typically provided management oversight, but again allowed mid-managers to develop and work at their pace.
I developed my foundation in health and safety field.
EHS Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCJanuary 3, 2016
I loved my job because of the awesome employees I was privileged to serve. Each day offered me a unique and different challenge. My job was never boring.
I was responsible for the maintenance of mine equipment at 2 underground mines.
Project Manager for Midas and Fire Creek Mines (Former Employee) –  Midas, NVDecember 8, 2015
It was a tough job as I managed a maintenance contract with Sandvik Mining for the mine owner. (Klondex Mining) I was the go between with both companies. I was also HR, Safety and payroll for Sandvik with support from Atlanta Georgia.
Easy good people
PICKER (Current Employee) –  Hebron, KYDecember 8, 2015
I would start at one get my list and set up my cart and start finding items in the warehouse and scan them. After I got everything on the list, i would label them and send them to packing to be packed for shipment. I've learned some organizational skills as well as people skills. the people here are great and so is the management they are all friendly and very helpful. The hardest part is being on my feet for a long time but it doesn't really bother me. The most enjoyable part is the people who are fun to talk to and be around.
Pros
easy, fun, enjoyable
Cons
short breaks, long hours, no time for normal day stuff
Decent place to work, wont get you where you want in life
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 2, 2015
Few orders to do, always ahead. Nothing that i already knew how to do, management was mediocre needed more experience in dealing with daily work challenges, hardest part was the drive to get there.
Pros
Your Job is secure as long as you do work
Cons
Lack of management experiece
Very hot, but is a pretty good place to work.
temp through @Work personal services (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAOctober 22, 2015
It could be hot depending on where it was you worked there. I learned quite a bit there. Some of the Management was poor, and the rest was pretty good. there were good employees and there were not very friendly employees. the hardest part of the job for me was working in the high heat, which made it hard for my body to handle some of the work. I enjoyed working with some of the employees there.
Pros
sometimes they would by the whole foctory a lunch.
Cons
In some places of the factory the temperature would reach 120 degrees.
The best comany I have worked for, the work was fast paced and fun at the same time.
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alachua, FLOctober 20, 2015
Excellent work environment, co-workers were willing to help out anytime with questions or assistance. Overall, a great, fun and exciting place to work.
Pleasant place to work.
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 28, 2015
Sandvik is a great place to work..only downside is that the company is outsourcing to India. Advancing is out of the question since the departments have now moved. Other than that, the company is an enjoyable company to work for.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion. Great people to work with.
Cons
Pay is okay, department is outsourcing, limited advancement opportunities.
Enjoyable workplace
Maching & Quality Intern (2 terms) (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OhioSeptember 8, 2015
I loved working at Sandvik! The work environment was great and very comforting. There was room for improvement in their organization but I think this had to do with the state of the company. Overall, I would recommend this co-op to any student for an immense amount of growing and learning.
Pros
Freedom to complete tasks on your own
Cons
Organization of management
i am a hard worker i am willing to work long hours ,
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  burgersfort saAugust 17, 2015
i am an experienced heavy duty driver and an excavator operator willing to work for long hours i want to explore new work chalenges .and work in an enviroment where ia m most welcome , we work long shifts but we are not paid well and on time .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.