Sandvik Employee Reviews

Change is a constant
HR (Former Employee) –  NJJune 19, 2017
Global company with beautiful offices (headquarter) and with global opportunities. Employees are very friendly and everyone even management is approachable.
On the downside, the lack of clear direction and transparency makes it very hard for employee engagement and for employees to remain devoted and loyal.
The biggest downside is that the company does not offer any sick days or any programs around flexibility to work from home which makes work-life balance challenging.
As a Swedish company, you would also assume they would give some sort of paid parental leave for birth of a child but they consider it a disability (...)!
Pros
Office hours, friendly coworkers, good pay
Cons
management, lack of transparency, no fair play
Bethel, CT
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Bethel, CTMay 27, 2017
Do not work here. The expectations after 6 months were totally unrealistic, worked at break neck speed, just to keep up. It became a data entry job and every customer order had to be micro-managed. The co-workers had been there, most of them for more than 25 years, unfriendly for the most part, did not like the environment, management was brutal. When I tried to master a very complicated part of the manufacturing process within 6 months, and need help to complete the weekly production plan, the management told me, that was not acceptable, and I was asked to leave. So after spending months documenting each specific procedure, many steps to each one, I took all the binders I had complied, out the door with me. My last thought, the person who "trained" me was one of the nastiest, unreasonable, disrespectful people I had ever known. Need I say more.....
Living in the Past
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMay 25, 2017
Great field staff, but management continues to live in the past. Glory days have passed and they need to allow staff to be creative and grow business to expected levels. Can't grow business with current pricing structure. Too many ineffective organization changes leaving regional managers and subordinates wondering about job security. Lastly, level of integrity with certain managers/directors is a problem, which is widely known through Coromant but executives continue to keep them on board.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Strong sense of good ole boy network, company continues to hang on to managers/directors for years regardless of performance, their time served is seen as a since if loyalty, but the organization is not practicing what they preach.
steady employment with good benefits
Fabricator 2 (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 25, 2017
steady employment with good benefits. good job except not really any advancement. the environment is in a smelly warehouse with noisy rockers and machines . good job but became like the same old thing. grind kind of wore on me. Boredom with really no change
Pros
steady job good benefits with ok pay
Cons
rotating shifts with same old grind atmospher
pretty laid back place to work
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  westminister, scMay 11, 2017
Its a good company to work for lots of benifets. Decent pay and the work isnt hard. Pay raises a few and far between you will not move up the pay scale fast here, but all and all a really good work place
Weird and like grade school.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMay 6, 2017
Very immature environment. What an awful place. Its almost as if you are made to look bad. They say there supporting you but almost hoping for you to fail. I have never given a review but this place needs to stop wasting a persons time. Work is supposed to be productive and a decent place.
Pros
Cons
Will have you wondering what is going on everyday. A nightmare
Buena experiencia en trabajo de equipos de trituracion y clasificaciòn
C & S and SMH Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2017
Buen Ambiente de trabajo, pero laboralmente todos trabajaban muy individualmente.
Aprendi mucho del diseño, construccion y armado de equipos de trituracion, alimentaciòn y clasificacion de materiales.
La direccion de la empresa dependia demasiado de l gerencia regional que estaba fuera de nuestra localidad.
Los colegas tenian un trato cordial y amable pero se notaba que cada uno buscaba prioritariamente cumplir sus objetivos personales y no los de la Empresa.
Lo mas dificial del trabajo fue el necesario desplazamiento muy frecuente por diferentes localidades diferentes al de mi residencia.
lo mejor eran las facilidades para acceder a informacion tecnica y detalles que ayudaban a ejecutar un trabajo mas eficiente.
Pros
buen dsarrollo tecnologico de los productos de la empresa
Cons
Necesidad de muy freuente movimiento del lugar de residencia.
Manga net was
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VAApril 27, 2017
Very great place to have worked at still sad its over. Great work family and benefits competitive salary and advancements.Always striving to train in advanced levels and lots of training opportunities. They will be difficult to replace with another company. They gave you your work duties for the day and let you make your pace as long as you done what was expected that day.They never pressured anyone that's what makes good and dependable workers. You soon find out who team players are. I think other employees should try this.
Pros
Fantastic Pay and Benefits great co workers supporative
Cons
That they shut down and went to Mexico
Great job. Pay, benefits and coworkers
Gearbox Technician (Former Employee) –  Brier Hill, PAMarch 28, 2017
Sandvik was a anti union workplace at brier hill but the union was pushed on them and the management and that company there see's all the union employees as enemies. So the tension is there.
very tight deadline for production
Finishing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMarch 27, 2017
no teamwork to meet deadlines. fostered a "who to blame " position by upper management.. expanding company owned by a foreign company. good product but nitch market
Stuck in perpetual reorganization
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJMarch 17, 2017
The company has great potential, but is missing the professional courage exhibited by the very best organizations. The company has been reorganizing for 3 years and isn't finished. Too many associates leaving. One positive is that overtime is discouraged. The down side is that it shows.
Pros
Overtime discouraged.
Cons
Unstable work environment
was a learning experiance
General Foreman/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 14, 2017
started my career with this company as an apprentice welder and worked my way up to journeyman millwright in the shop and in the field at many locations throughout the U.S
Pros
gained knowledge
Cons
away from home
Good Benefits, Poor Culture
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIMarch 9, 2017
Being my first job, I was treated fairly with training. I started out in a temporary position. Management was patient with my comprehension for programming. I switched from lathe work to grinding a year into my employment. Training was adequate for what I was doing at the start, but less so when introduced to more complex machining and experimental production. Work culture moral was low and detrimental to production and personal well-being. Advancement seemed only plausible with schooling, which they provided decent reimbursement for, but mediocre schedule flexibility. Business seemed innovative yet overwhelmed with demand and customer specification.
Pros
Decent pay, Great benefits.
Cons
Low Moral, High Expectations, Difficult advancement
Not a bad place to work
Tooling Technician (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHFebruary 6, 2017
There are two negatives about working at Sandvik Hyperion. The first is the fact that a majority of the work force has been there forever and they do not like change. Second is the management, at least in my department, lacking in leadership skills.
sandvik
Process Engineer/Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Finley, WAJanuary 17, 2017
A good place to start my engineering career. It exposed me to dealing with a union, people management, and different cultures.
Awesome employees, bad managment.
Hard Grind Operator (Former Employee) –  West Branch, MIJanuary 14, 2017
Managment has run the company down significantly, also it is currently for sale so there wasn't much security. They did offer a very competitive benefit package however.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not much room for advancment
Challenging but laid back work with average pay and benefits
Process Planning Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westminster, SCJanuary 3, 2017
Mostly a good place to work. Very clean manufacturing environment. Local management shows favoritism and limits opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Challenging work, great location, clean manufacturing environment
Cons
Very little opportunity for advancment, poor local management, below average pay
Consistent but lacking spirit to innovate
Packing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bristol, VADecember 30, 2016
I honestly loved this job because it was reliably dull. A hard days work was all that was required.

Ultimately it wasn't ever going to change. It took far to long for my talents to be recognized. I'm pretty sure I was never going to advance. The company was too small, which means that I would have languished for a decade before being promoted.

Management was good. They truly cared about their employees.

Compensation was great. Benefits were better than most in the area.
Pros
No work on weekends. Steady pay. Good management.
Cons
Not much upward mobility
Flexible business
Inside Sales Repetitive/Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 6, 2016
I was given complete authority to make decisions that would positively affect our business. Management was always supportive.
I enjoyed the coworkers I had even though I had only direct contact with 2. Unfortunately the lack of business in the area led to the stores closure.
Pros
Full Authority
Cons
Lack of Business in the area
great company culture
HEAD OF FINANCE (Current Employee) –  Fair Lawn, NJDecember 1, 2016
well established and solid company which has offered great opportunities for professional growth and development. I had the chance to relocate to foreign countries and learn how to work in multicultural environments

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sandvik. Our community is ready to answer.