Sanford Brown College Employee Reviews in United States

Great work environment
Medical Assistant Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2016
Great co-workers, working with patients was great. Not much advancement opportunity. Enjoyed working both back and business office.
Pros
Working back and business office
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Rewarding
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
Assist students with finding employment by using internet, social media, cold call calls etc. To see student graduate and grow with a company by choosing to go to school is very rewarding.
Pros
Helping people grow in their everyday
Cons
N/A
productive place with many things to do
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Sanford Brown College is a lie home environment, co-workers are nice and always willing to help. Very organize . the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the ma coordinator, because i see her different than others, its easy to judge but we sometimes dont know what others are living and dealing with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only worker
Guided and maintained didactic lessons for students in Med-Surg 2, Maternal Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health. Completed counseling form as necessary
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 26, 2016
Motivated, encouraged and facilitated lecture utilizing up to date strategies for advanced understanding of material. Evaluated effectiveness of communication thru exams and onsite clinical exposure, Highest level of ATI achieved since my employment.
Positive atmosphere
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2016
Health South was an excellent learning experience. The managers and co-workers were easy to work with and the workplace had a very pleasing atmosphere.
Encouraging and friendly staff
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed taking classes there, and work there to help me pay for school. The staff was very friendly and encouraging the whole step of the way. I got to work in he financial aid department, and I really learned a lot
A very self fulfilling position
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
My career in Admissions was a very wonderful experience. I assisted potential students and their parents with the whole enrollment process. It was a wonderful one on one process.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Had to achieve "numbers.
Great team at the Orlando Campus
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The school is closing based on parent company Career Education Corporation. While the exceptional education provided the students and the highly successful career assistance provided the graduates, the upper management was in constant flux and did not have the vision or commitment to the stated business plan. The upper management was more focused on generating profit that serving the needs of the students and graduates. They were unable and/or unable to find ways to work to meet the requirements of pending "gainful employment" legislation.

However; at the campus level the moral and dedication to the students, graduates, and the quality of the education was strong and highly professional.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lack of corporate support
Entertaining and Interesting
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was always interesting and productive. i directed calls of graduates to appropriate areas and staff members, I handled all clerical work such as faxing, filing and copying. Management was easy going, very respectful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job was to hear testimonies of students who were not able to find jobs and would come to us seeking employment help. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my classroom was right upstairs so when i was finished working i could go directly to class with no traffic stops or any delays.
Pros
Free lunch, class upstairs
Fulfilling job helping people reach their goals
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
The company changed over the last 5 years and it was not the place it use to be. The company was staff and student oriented but they became more interested in the bottom line. I loved the company even though the advancement was slim.
Typical day at work is assist staff and students with daily function to have a successful day.
Pros
free parking
Cons
lunch breaks, changing pay rates multiple times a year.

Want to know more about Sanford Brown College?

Ask a question
It is a Shame they are in a Teach Out for 2017
retail management professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Great Company to work for, great communication, great management team, and students are very creative. It is a shame the University is in a teach out for 2017.
Pros
Great Communication, and better management team.
Cons
The University is in a teach out for 2017
I enjoyed working for SBC but you have to work hard
Executive Assistant Sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at SBC and am still in touch with many of my students and co-workers. Great benefits when I was there and a good compensation.
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
Expectations are HIGH
I liked interacting with people who had goals for a better future
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Maintaining a schedule of 100 calls daily; setting a minimum of 5 appointments daily.
Taking inbound lead calls daily.
Excellent follow up and communication skills with other departments to ensure a 90% start.
Pros
Interacting with people, and helping make a difference in their lives
Cons
It was more of a sales job than actually caring about the students
Fun place to work
Surgical Technology Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 22, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent at Sanford Brown, too bad the company closed which did a big disservice to the community it served. The students were very good and once the changes was taken with the right personal in place the school was gone. A number of students lives would not have changed without Sanford Brown College being in their lives. Miss the place greatly.
Pros
Staff co-workesrs
Cons
Had to close
A fun workplace is one with an exercising room and a place to mediate in order to be productive.
Adjunct Professor, MBC Program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2015
Overall, a typical work day is one that consist of a culture where expectations are clear and management is supportive to staff. One of the hardest part about any job is clear communication. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work along side others who share the same goals and beliefs as myself.
Pros
Providing a down time for employers is essential in the work place today
Cons
Too many demands and several levels of supervisors
Good environment with friendly staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLDecember 2, 2015
I would love to be in an office with people who are team workers and friendly and care most importantly about the patients.
Worked with a dynamic faculty who cared for the students and their futures
adjunct faculty (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 2, 2015
No day was typical. The classes we taught in history, forecasting and textiles science were very different in subject matter and approach.
Instructors were provided with “Part A” of the course syllabus. This first section was created in the head office and established goals/objectives for the course outcomes. Instructors developed “Part B” which consisted of a breakdown of material to be covered for each class and assignment deadlines. We created rubrics and criteria for homework, in class oral presentations or labs and research projects. Assigned projects were generated by students in Adobe Illustrator®, Excel®, Outlook®, PowerPoint®, Word® and presented hardcopy in report covers or on concept boards. Students also submitted the completed assignment electronically into the portal.
The faculty worked as a team to build upon curriculum and to gain insight from the experience of others. During in-service meetings we made relevant contributions to the growth of the diverse student population.
We encountered students who gave no effort to meet criteria or deadlines while expecting to receive (not earn) high grades. How to reach them was a big challenge. We tried different tactics involving drafts or bonus points for outlines and critiques for work in process.
Rewards came from students who applied new found knowledge and research to meet and often exceed expectations under deadline. The best rewards came from former students who would comment in the hallway that those earlier courses had provided a solid base for the advanced courses they were now taking.
On line classes exposed
  more... this instructor to building lesson plans, bettering the classroom environment for those with disabilities and reinforced our belief in utilizing software in Windows® and Adobe® platforms. The three on-line courses mentioned were a minimal part of our six years of continuing education. We believe, no matter the career path a student chooses, that career is in a business with demands for electronic communication in knowledge sharing, planning and record keeping.  less
Pros
Taught subjects (history, science and market research) which prepared students for an exciting and demanding career
Cons
Short terms which challenged students to learn much in an abbreviated time frame
love love love
Sr. Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 21, 2015
loved working here. They were fair and it felt like family. Every department worked together and there was no high turnover.
Example: A Tipical day at work
Medical Assistant Classroom Instructor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2015
Productive workplace , excellent and professional co-workers. This job has helped me to grow up personally and professionally
a very predictive and fun workplace
Student support- IT staff department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 4, 2015
As an in-school social worker, my schedule varies widely every day. I spend the majority of my week in session with my clients. Typically these are one-on-one counseling sessions, but I also run multiple group sessions. I also spend a few hours every day training, observing, and providing feedback for my social work interns. So about 50% of my time is spent working directly with clients, and 25% of my time is spent working with my interns. Another 25% is spent working directly with the school administration, attending and helping run meetings related to student progress and curriculum development. The rest of my time is spent completing paperwork on my clients, meeting with teachers to check in on particular students’ needs, and setting goals for the following week. You will see this adds up to more than 100% of my time: I always strive to go above and beyond for my clients.