Sanford Brown College Employee Reviews

Educational
Bilingual Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILNovember 23, 2016
Prepare lesson plans and instructed students in the medical assistant field. Lectures and hands on lessons in clinical and administrative duties. Being a part of students career choice. Great mentors and colleagues, who were willing to share their seasoned experience in the medical field and as instructors. Rapport among faculty and student made the working culture a great place to work.
Pros
valuable knowledge obtained and experience
Cons
school closed due to attrition
Received an excellent salary
Executive Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 18, 2016
The epitome of stereotypical corporate America. Although I was compensated exceptionally well, I never saw my family. A constant grind to generate more revenue was never capped.
Pros
High salary
Cons
Long hours, communication lag between corporate office and front line
Too Bad It Closed Its Career Schools
Penn Foster H. S. Completion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 31, 2016
I would like to compliment Sanford Brown College (formerly International Academy of Design & Technology) for 5.5 years of employment.
It was a great place to work until senior management in Schaumberg, Illinois closed the career schools throughout the United States due to the Gainful Employment Law enacted by Congress in June of 2015. It destroyed a great place for students to learn and thrive.
A variety of courses at Sanford-Brown Institute/College
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2016
Great environment - Variety of Work
Set up class work/conduct teaching courses such as:
Medical Coding/Billing, Career and Student Success, Computer Intro and Advanced levels, Communication and Law/Ethics.
Additionally tutored students between double shifts
Co-workers excellent and everyone worked as a team
Double shifts
Interaction, students engaged, learning and having fun in acquired classes; stepping outside of the box.
Pros
Flexibility, interaction, honorable and memorable experiences
Cons
College had to close
Excellent Organization
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 7, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Sanford Brown College/Career Education Corporation. Everyone across all levels of the organization had their students best interest as well as that of their internal "customers" (faculty/staff/corporate employees).

This organization is very interested in the personal and professional growth of all its employees.

It is an excellent organization to work for and it saddens me that the federal government has taken such an interest in closing down all career colleges/institutions.

Amazing staff, faculty and program offerings.
Career Service Advisor
Career Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Trevose, PAAugust 4, 2016
This is one of those jobs that can be great or can be the terrible. In my case, I had a nice manager and I enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was trying to find jobs for ex cons. Some of these people really wanted to do better, but if you have a drug charge, maybe going through a medical program is not the best thing for you. They will enroll anyone to meet their goals and then Career Services gets stuck with trying to find them jobs in the field they went to school for. REALLY....... You know this person was not going to get a job when they were enrolled, but not your problem if you work in Admissions.
Pros
pay rate
Cons
the people they enroll
Great team at the Orlando Campus
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The school is closing based on parent company Career Education Corporation. While the exceptional education provided the students and the highly successful career assistance provided the graduates, the upper management was in constant flux and did not have the vision or commitment to the stated business plan. The upper management was more focused on generating profit that serving the needs of the students and graduates. They were unable and/or unable to find ways to work to meet the requirements of pending "gainful employment" legislation.

However; at the campus level the moral and dedication to the students, graduates, and the quality of the education was strong and highly professional.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lack of corporate support
Outstanding organization
DIRECTOR OF COMMUNITY AND ALUMNI OUTREACH (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 10, 2016
The capstone of my career. A perfect match for my skill set. Wonderful environment, co-workers and the exceptional leadership from the Campus President.
Pros
Valuable career training offering options to many students.
Cons
School began workforce reduction in 2012 and was closed in 2015
excellent workplace
Medical Clinical Instructor (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 16, 2016
great teamwork with all instructors, excellent hours and class size are great. Management was outstanding and always there when needed
Pros
friendly place to work
Cons
health insurance
Productive student interaction, mentoring and advising students, especially for job placements and expectations from the job sector.
Clinical Coordinator, Program Director (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJSeptember 9, 2016
Typically, resolving student issues, contact with clinical preceptors, troubleshooting for compliance issues, adhering to compliance regulations. I learned how to listen to student concerns, resolve educational and personal issues, preserve compliance while integrating student concerns. The contacts for individual student externships were invaluable in providing the optimal placements for student externships. it allowed me to personalize the student experience based on student educational and personal needs to ensure successful outcomes.
The support staff was extremely focused on student outcomes as well as receptive to changes and additions to student management and welfare.
The most difficult aspect of the position involved the student who was lacking in confidence and motivation. Each student required a different approach to motivate and encourage them to achieve success. At the same time, it was the most rewarding aspect of my position. I was deeply gratified to witness students applying the changes and techniques in their professional as well as their personal lives, in order to achieve success. Successful outcomes included improved grades, improved motivation and changes in perceptions and attitudes which often resulted in employment.
A very nice place to work
Adjunct Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed each day. Management was very good. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I had nothing to complain about. The most enjoyable was the graduation of the student
Cons
love the people I work with but not the company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
The schools are owned by CEC and it's been decided that all onground schools will be closing. That means all schools, except the online entities, will be teaching out. This is horrible because, although a for-profit school, it was still one of the more economical options for students in the area and now people are being turned away from obtaining a reasonably priced degree. The sadness aside, it's kind of a really nice place to work. People are relaxed and so long as you get your work done all is good.
Pros
the people and the students
Cons
teach out status
A fun workplace is one with an exercising room and a place to mediate in order to be productive.
Adjunct Professor, MBC Program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 4, 2015
Overall, a typical work day is one that consist of a culture where expectations are clear and management is supportive to staff. One of the hardest part about any job is clear communication. I have enjoyed the opportunity to work along side others who share the same goals and beliefs as myself.
Pros
Providing a down time for employers is essential in the work place today
Cons
Too many demands and several levels of supervisors
Entertaining and Interesting
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was always interesting and productive. i directed calls of graduates to appropriate areas and staff members, I handled all clerical work such as faxing, filing and copying. Management was easy going, very respectful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job was to hear testimonies of students who were not able to find jobs and would come to us seeking employment help. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my classroom was right upstairs so when i was finished working i could go directly to class with no traffic stops or any delays.
Pros
Free lunch, class upstairs
Great co-workers and fun place to work
Instructor/Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 29, 2016
Since I was an instructor, my day would depend on what class I was teaching. Everyday was different from one another. I enjoyed my co-workers very much, and the fact that everyone helped one another. I really don't know that there was a hard part of my job, I truly enjoyed every aspect of teaching.
Pros
The job and co-workers
Cons
meetings
Sanford Brown offered a competive salary, comfortable work environment and room for advancement.
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMay 19, 2015
I worked on a very competitive yet friendly sales team who always covered one another when needed as far as student services. Students were always our main focus at all times. We guided them through the application process, financial aid, and career services portion. We attended graduations to let them know that we genuinely cared about their careers. There were quotas involved but we met these quotas with a great team effort and attitude.

If we were unable to assist we would direct them to the Director of Admissions who was always able to accommodate them.
Pros
flexible schedule, health benefits, paid days off, employee awards events
Cons
time contraints, class contstraints, unable to get needed documentation from students or application fee
Great work environment
Medical Assistant Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2016
Great co-workers, working with patients was great. Not much advancement opportunity. Enjoyed working both back and business office.
Pros
Working back and business office
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Productive and fun place to work
Pharmacology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 10, 2016
Retrieve lesson plan and teach class. vnvhfhfikkirjgoireutoerugoperuouoioiopwroeiroieoriwpriopwriweiroiero0ieereouoeuoeruoeruoeuroeuroeuroeruoeruoeuroeuroe
Pros
Great work schedule and student engaged
Cons
School closed
Flexibility
Records Coordinator; Associate Registrar (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNAugust 30, 2016
There was hard parts of the job but there were many rewarding part of the job also. The best part of the job was seeing students walk across the stage at graduations.
They are closed
Career Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
This company was a test of faith . I often was ashamed I worked there. I was proud to be working and providing for my family but it often came at the price of someone else's. They were bigots and education snobs praying on the low-level employees and students .
Pros
Employed
Cons
Unemployed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanford Brown College. Our community is ready to answer.