Sanford Brown College Employee Reviews in United States

Horrible place to work
MEDICAL ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 25, 2016
Loved the students the administrative employees were horrible. Way too many students to one class and most teachers had five different classes to teach.
love the people I work with but not the company
Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 6, 2016
The schools are owned by CEC and it's been decided that all onground schools will be closing. That means all schools, except the online entities, will be teaching out. This is horrible because, although a for-profit school, it was still one of the more economical options for students in the area and now people are being turned away from obtaining a reasonably priced degree. The sadness aside, it's kind of a really nice place to work. People are relaxed and so long as you get your work done all is good.
Pros
the people and the students
Cons
teach out status
They are closed
Career Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2016
This company was a test of faith . I often was ashamed I worked there. I was proud to be working and providing for my family but it often came at the price of someone else's. They were bigots and education snobs praying on the low-level employees and students .
Pros
Employed
Cons
Unemployed
A very nice place to work
Adjunct Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed each day. Management was very good. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. I had nothing to complain about. The most enjoyable was the graduation of the student
Cons
productive abd fun place to work
Student Finance Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
a typical day is very busy, fast pace environment. Lots to lern every day.
Co-workers were great, helped you out when thing got a little to crazy.
Too Bad It Closed Its Career Schools
Penn Foster H. S. Completion Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAMay 31, 2016
I would like to compliment Sanford Brown College (formerly International Academy of Design & Technology) for 5.5 years of employment.
It was a great place to work until senior management in Schaumberg, Illinois closed the career schools throughout the United States due to the Gainful Employment Law enacted by Congress in June of 2015. It destroyed a great place for students to learn and thrive.
Great work environment
Medical Assistant Lead Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 1, 2016
Great co-workers, working with patients was great. Not much advancement opportunity. Enjoyed working both back and business office.
Pros
Working back and business office
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Rewarding
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2016
Assist students with finding employment by using internet, social media, cold call calls etc. To see student graduate and grow with a company by choosing to go to school is very rewarding.
Pros
Helping people grow in their everyday
Cons
N/A
productive place with many things to do
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2016
Sanford Brown College is a lie home environment, co-workers are nice and always willing to help. Very organize . the most enjoyable part of my job is working with the ma coordinator, because i see her different than others, its easy to judge but we sometimes dont know what others are living and dealing with.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
only worker
Guided and maintained didactic lessons for students in Med-Surg 2, Maternal Health, Pediatrics, Mental Health. Completed counseling form as necessary
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 26, 2016
Motivated, encouraged and facilitated lecture utilizing up to date strategies for advanced understanding of material. Evaluated effectiveness of communication thru exams and onsite clinical exposure, Highest level of ATI achieved since my employment.
Positive atmosphere
Student (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2016
Health South was an excellent learning experience. The managers and co-workers were easy to work with and the workplace had a very pleasing atmosphere.
Encouraging and friendly staff
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJMarch 23, 2016
I really enjoyed taking classes there, and work there to help me pay for school. The staff was very friendly and encouraging the whole step of the way. I got to work in he financial aid department, and I really learned a lot
A very self fulfilling position
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 9, 2016
My career in Admissions was a very wonderful experience. I assisted potential students and their parents with the whole enrollment process. It was a wonderful one on one process.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Had to achieve "numbers.
Great team at the Orlando Campus
Career Advisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2016
The school is closing based on parent company Career Education Corporation. While the exceptional education provided the students and the highly successful career assistance provided the graduates, the upper management was in constant flux and did not have the vision or commitment to the stated business plan. The upper management was more focused on generating profit that serving the needs of the students and graduates. They were unable and/or unable to find ways to work to meet the requirements of pending "gainful employment" legislation.

However; at the campus level the moral and dedication to the students, graduates, and the quality of the education was strong and highly professional.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
lack of corporate support
Entertaining and Interesting
Career Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day at work was always interesting and productive. i directed calls of graduates to appropriate areas and staff members, I handled all clerical work such as faxing, filing and copying. Management was easy going, very respectful and knowledgeable. The hardest part of my job was to hear testimonies of students who were not able to find jobs and would come to us seeking employment help. The most enjoyable part of the job was that my classroom was right upstairs so when i was finished working i could go directly to class with no traffic stops or any delays.
Pros
Free lunch, class upstairs
Fulfilling job helping people reach their goals
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
The company changed over the last 5 years and it was not the place it use to be. The company was staff and student oriented but they became more interested in the bottom line. I loved the company even though the advancement was slim.
Typical day at work is assist staff and students with daily function to have a successful day.
Pros
free parking
Cons
lunch breaks, changing pay rates multiple times a year.
It is a Shame they are in a Teach Out for 2017
retail management professor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2016
Great Company to work for, great communication, great management team, and students are very creative. It is a shame the University is in a teach out for 2017.
Pros
Great Communication, and better management team.
Cons
The University is in a teach out for 2017
I enjoyed working for SBC but you have to work hard
Executive Assistant Sales (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 12, 2016
I enjoyed working at SBC and am still in touch with many of my students and co-workers. Great benefits when I was there and a good compensation.
Pros
Helping Students
Cons
Expectations are HIGH
I liked interacting with people who had goals for a better future
High School Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 11, 2016
Maintaining a schedule of 100 calls daily; setting a minimum of 5 appointments daily.
Taking inbound lead calls daily.
Excellent follow up and communication skills with other departments to ensure a 90% start.
Pros
Interacting with people, and helping make a difference in their lives
Cons
It was more of a sales job than actually caring about the students
Fun place to work
Surgical Technology Program Chair (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MODecember 22, 2015
I enjoyed the time I spent at Sanford Brown, too bad the company closed which did a big disservice to the community it served. The students were very good and once the changes was taken with the right personal in place the school was gone. A number of students lives would not have changed without Sanford Brown College being in their lives. Miss the place greatly.
Pros
Staff co-workesrs
Cons
Had to close

Sanford Brown College Reviews by Location