Sanford Health

Sanford Health Employee Reviews

Do not recommend
System Implementation and Integration Coordinator (Former Employee), Fargo, NDMay 18, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: very negative environment
I would not recommend working here. There is constant change in management. Job advancement is based who you know not the quality of work you do. Raises are also based on if you are friends with the manager not your performance. T
Decent place to work but with minimal advancement
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDMay 17, 2015
Decent place to work but with minimal advancement. My co-workers were very pleasant to work with, but the turnover rate at this company was unbearable.
Excellent job in an everchanging HealthCare Industry
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), Fargo, NDMay 5, 2015
I enjoy working at Sanford Health and take pride in representing this great organization. It's a fast-paced, everchanging industry that brings a lot of excitement to my every day life.
Outstanding teamwork.
Staff Nurse, NICU (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 12, 2015
My first job as a NICU RN straight out of nursing was at Sanford in 2005 and at that time it was Sioux Valley Hospital. It was a great experience and gave me the foundation I needed to excel in the NICU environment.
Fast paced and productive environment
Clinic/Outpatient Coder (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDMarch 11, 2015
Pros: wages, benefits and environment
Cons: advancement opportunities
Sanford health offers competitive wages and excellent benefits. The company also embraces learning curves and challenges and offers training to those in need.
Easy work and fun people
Food Service Worker, Sanford Living (Current Employee), Perham, MNMarch 9, 2015
Pros: kind people, free food, and time off requests never denied
Cons: gossip and short staffed
A typical day at work includes food preparation. Working with the residents at Perham Living and making sure all of their dietary needs are being met. I am also in charge of putting away any of the dry goods stock that comes in and preparing any of the specialty food items for that week. While working for Perham Living/Heath I have learned how to manage my time so that I can accomplish all of the task assigned to me for that day. If I have extra time I have no issue finding extra jobs to keep my time there productive. I don't think there is a hard part to this job. It is mostly basic skills and on the job learning. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with all of the residents and patients. It's always fun to hear about what their lives were like before they came to live in the Perham Living nursing home.
Sanford Health
Director (Current Employee), Bismarck, NDFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: people i'm able to work with are wonderful
Cons: lack of upper executive support
Large company, lots of opportunities. Lack of support from Executive team and high turnover rates at all positions. They have been a very good employer.
Horrible Nursing Experience
LPN (Former Employee), Canby, MNFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: i left
Cons: insubordinate cnas, management doesn't care, too much ot, not enough staff for proper resident care
The shifts are not family friendly as I worked the 2-10 shift. Further more, the CNAs are rude and insubordinate but nurses do not get any support from management due to lack of CNA staff. Nurses are worked OT a LOT and if you say no, management is rude to you. I have never worked anywhere with so many staffing issues. The day shift nurses are rude to evening shift nurses. Every day there is new agency staff. LPNs do not work as LPNs but rather CMA. The majority of the work was pill pass, passing pills on 30 or so people (though on weekends it can be as many as 50). A lot of my nursing skills went to waste. I have never seen so many RNs in LTC. NO wonder they do not have the money to hire more CNA staff. People are in restraints without a nurse on that floor and CNAs don't care if the restrained are wandering around. Not enough staff to help feed residents at meal times. Residents go to bed hungry (and fed hours later when the overworked nurse gets a chance). I have never been so relieved to put in my notice. They expect you take lunch break 2 hours after arriving to work, never worked anywhere that had a set meal time for nurses. You have to eat in the cafeteria so while you are clocked out, other staff can call you and ask questions like "did you take the meal slips down to the cafeteria?" Report is given via tape recorder so you can't ask the off going staff questions.
Fun work environment
Occupational Medicine Case Manager (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2015
Cons: the pay.
Great co-workers here, great team work. Enjoyed my time working here, lots of fun outings with co-workers, met a lot of nice people.
for the most part, I enjoyed working @ MeritCare/Sanford Health
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee), Fargo, NDFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: "maternity" is my chosen area
Cons: hours can get to be long due to "things" happening @ the end of the shift, & charting
I would take care of a variety of patients - those in labor, & antepartum patients, postpartum & newborns, infants in the NICU. Most of the other nurses were easy to get along with (there are always "personality" differences no matter where you work).
Great work experience
Licensed Practical Nurse Ambulatory (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 7, 2015
Good working environment.
Enjoyed working with staff and patients.
Relax work environment and friendly setting.
Application Assistant Clinical Informatics (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: management took time to answer questions and explain mistakes.
Cons: temporary assignment with few benefits.
Accurately entering various patients’ information, on-line. Checked information in patient files and assisted in class demonstrations using on-line computer files.
Rapidly Growing Organization
Office Specialist (Current Employee), Fargo, NDDecember 7, 2014
Sanford Health is the main health organization of the midwest which offers employment to several people. The organization is rapidly growing, almost too quickly for the area. However, the organization is adapting well to the changes of the industry.
Exciting and stressful
Personal Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Sioux falls, SDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: customers and co-workers
Cons: no benefits even though worked 40 hours a week
One of the best things I learned from working at Geek Squad was customer service. How to explain technology to people who knew little to nothing about it. This brought a smile to my face
Trainer, Sanford
Preceptor for ENT/Audiology Department (Current Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 13, 2014
I train reception staff, nurses, and registrars in a fast paced clinic.
n/a
Department Assistant/Office Specialist (Former Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 1, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Develops and is responsible for the maintenance of complex database and/or spreadsheet files. Manipulates and validates data and verifies detailed, complicated reports for accuracy. Takes independent action to rectify discrepancies, ensuring solutions are considered within a systems context. Compiles, process and presents power point presentations for Director, updating medical records files, scanning documents, verifying insurance and third party insurance via electronically.
will post later
PATIENT ACCESS REPRESENTATIVE/FINANCIAL COUNSELOR (Former Employee), FARGO, NDSeptember 8, 2014
Everyday is a different day. Sometimes there isn't enough hours in a day. I will need to finish later
Great place to work!
Coding Specialist (Current Employee), Sioux FallsAugust 10, 2014
Pros: flexibility for family time but don't take a mile when they give you an inch.
Cons: sitting for long periods of time especially with back problems.
I work currently work from the office with previous experience working from home. It is a very quiet, friendly place to work. I have learned that being flexible with my knowledge and skill set is very important in the coding field within the Sanford Organization. We recently had a "re-structure" take place within our department and have found (in my recent experience) that it was much needed and is a positive change. I have wonderful co-workers who are willing to share their skillsets with any of their fellow coders. The hardest part of the job, is trying to learn new specialties and keep your productivity up to par at the same time. It has proven to be difficult however, part of the coding world is exactly that...adaptation to change. This also makes it the most enjoyable part of the job! I can honestly say, this is not just a job...it is my life and I love it.
Registered Nurse, Inpatient Rehabilitation (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJuly 26, 2014
Pros: young staff
Cons: young staff
Supportive & professional upper management & Charge RN. Over personalized EPIC charting system led to repetitive charting questions.
Challenges in the healthcare
Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) (Current Employee), Sioux Falls, SDJuly 24, 2014
Pros: teamwork satisfaction!
Cons: try to never dwell.
You never know what day you are going to have once you walk through the door to start a shift. No matter what obstacles come my way, I will hold my head high and strive to make it a great day for me and my co-workers by staying positive and energetic as possible.
Making sure all patients needs are met and have them leaving with smile after treatment puts a smile on my face no matter how exhausted I am at the end of the day completing with a job well done!

1 2 3 4

About Sanford Health

Sanford Health-MeritCare was created from the 2009 merger of two Dakota health care legends: South Dakota's Sanford Health and – Read more

Sanford Health Salaries