Sanford Health Employee Reviews in United States

poor management
Dialysis Technician (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 24, 2016
Typical day is always short staffed, management would rather throw a policy at you rather than ideas to fix issues, schedules are continuously being changed at last minute with the expectation of you will cover your shift its your job. They have no problem with letting you know what you did wrong over and over. When you do a great job, management will find something to put you down instead of talk you up. High turnover rate, people don't leave jobs, they leave management.
benefits
Cons
micro-managed, ridiculous schedules, low pay, no advancement or education possibilities
professional place
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 21, 2016
Sanford is a great place to work , great staff members , you learns a lot of different things each and everyday , the hospital is clean and a very safe place.
Great place to work and good working environment
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDAugust 18, 2016
Have been working at sanford for 9 years and have loved working with great people and enjoy my job very much. I get to go to the nursing homes to draw blood and have gotten to know the residents well.
A day at work
Prior Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 14, 2016
Verification of payors with phone contact in regards to the need for prior authorization for upcoming surgeries. Following up with schedulers, doctors, coders in regards to submitting correct information to the payor. Reviewing carriers policy's on line. I've been able to use my coding and nursing background very well.
Sanford
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 10, 2016
Upper management is non caring and cold for their employees. They treat their employees as if they are worthless and do not care if they employees stay or leave.
poor management and low compensation
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 7, 2016
Low compensation across the board from RN's to phlebotomists. Management is poor and the drama in the lab is exhausting. I have been a phlebotomist at Sanford for over 4 years and I don't make the starting pay nor do I make what the trainees make with ZERO experience. The annual raises are usually around 1% of current wage, which doesn't amount to much.
Cons
short breaks, sometimes no break.
Oncology Unit CNA jobs Aren't Good
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDAugust 4, 2016
I was a CNA in the Oncology Unit for about three or four months. The supervisor was rude, and often incompetent. The other CNA's and the Nurses are often extremely uncaring about their patients. Especially the more difficult ones. More experienced CNA's are not nice to younger ones and like to boss them around even though they are supposed to be equals. If younger CNA's make mistakes, more experienced ones will give them a lot of flack. Gossiping happens often. You will be looked at weird if you're more caring than the average Nurse or CNA.

I got feces on me multiple times. Had a patient urinate on the floor of her room accidentally, and there are many other examples of some not-so-fun and gross situations. There's supposed to be teamwork on the unit, and sometimes it happens, but it often does not.

You're going to work with a lot of older patients, but once in awhile you'll get a young adult or a middle aged person. I had one repeat patient in the middle aged range who I really enjoyed conversing with and helping get to the bathroom and such.

Again, it's a rewarding job. But the culture at Sanford is awwwfull and I would rather work with more caring and dedicated individuals.
Pros
Rewarding to help sick patients.
Cons
Terrible Culture, Sometimes gross situations
Great culture and organizational goals
Communication Center Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 1, 2016
Excellent organization to work for. Consistently puts the needs of the patient ahead of other priorities.
Strong culture, mission, and values. Engaged management culture.
Difficult, stressful working conditions
Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJuly 13, 2016
Although I worked with some amazing co-workers, it was not enough to make up for the poor managers and supervisors. They were completely unresponsive to the needs of the staff and our patients. Chronic understaffing results in constant turnover of employees and burnout which leads to decreased patient satisfaction.
Cons
Poor management, understaffed, employee turnover is high
A fun,clean and a worry free environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  801 Broadway N, Fargo, ND 58102July 7, 2016
Its a good company that is expanding each year. With great benifits such as employee health caretaker, dental. Although you have go buy some the benefits provided to you.
Understaffed overworked and underpaid
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 24, 2016
We are chronically understaffed due to lower than average pay. I typically work long stretches of 10-14 days straight with a mix of 8 and 12 hour shifts. Overall morrale is in the toilet. Everybody here is looking to move on to other work.
Pros
Can get away with anything because they don't pay enough to attract a replacement
Cons
Where should I start...
Beyond unhealthy workplave
Anesthetist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, WIJune 8, 2016
The culture here is hostile. Almost everyone is rude -unhappy with how they are being treated by management themselves. No incentive to do a good job. Employees only get criticized and not praised or compensated for a job well done. Pay is a joke.
Pros
Cons
Everything.
Fun place to work.
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 6, 2016
We always had and made it a fun place to work. It was fast paced during the first half of shift made the time fly by. Then we cleaned and prepped for the next day.
Co Workers are the best!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 27, 2016
Love the people I work with and the talent of each one. They make working for Sanford the best. But helping patients is truly rewarding.
Pay needs improvement in the administrative assistant areas. Very hard to make a living at my age
Pros
best co workers ever...
Cons
benefits have slipped over the past couple years
I enjoyed the facility I worked at, including the staff and patients.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 22, 2016
This is a good place to work if you are fine with working for a big company. At the clinic I work at, everyone is good at helping each other out and realizing the importance of evidence-based care for our patients.
Fast Pace
Central Processing (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 9, 2016
This position is responsible for ensuring all patient care and surgical supplies, equipment, and instruments are properly inventoried, inspected, stored, distributed, and tracked in a quality and timely manner throughout the health system.
Great company to work for
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 10, 2016
This is a great company to work for. Management is very professional. There are great opportunities to grow throughout the company.
Always excited to come to work to see what the day would hold.
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMarch 27, 2016
Typical day in IT was trouble shooting applications for end users or updating software. Management of staff.
It seems that everyday you learned something new.
I was fortunate to work with great management and co-workers.
Hardest part of my job was compliance with different procedures or processes within each clinic site or physician office.
Most enjoyable part of job was the opportunity to always learn something new.
Pros
Always something new occurring, job never boring.
Cons
Needing to comply with Medicare regulations
Typical large corporation
Prefer not to say (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 25, 2016
Good culture and job security, however too many layers of management and a total disconnect between departments at times
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
Too many politics and egos
Good not Great
Patient Care Technician/Health Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 6, 2016
I was in a position that was simply a work environment - its a good jobs with the option to work 3 - 12 hour shifts and allow that time off during the rest of the week but there is definitely under-appreciation

2.9