Sanford Health Employee Reviews

Productive and casual
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 13, 2017
I worked Self Pay lists meaning i sent collection letters to patients if their accounts went 30-120 days past due. I answered phone calls from patients with questions in regards to their accounts and to make credit card payments.
Pros
Fun people to work with
Cons
Far away from where I lived
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNJune 13, 2017
A typical day at the clinic would consist of scheduling clients for follow up appointments, inbound calls and out bound calls. I learned so much from working at this company. I learned that I love working with patients, getting to know them and seeing them do better. The management was good, they always made sure their employees were happy. One of the hardest pats of this job was dealing with patients who would yell and scream and cuss if they didn't receive the meds they wanted. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to make a positive encounter with patients who were not having the best day.
Energetic and helpful for patients and employees
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJune 12, 2017
Having worked at Sanford as a patient transporter last summer, I got to experience some of the behind-the-scenes mechanics of a typical hospital. The environment was almost always busy, but energetic and helpful. This allowed patients and employees to feel welcome into the establishment as soon as they walked in through the front door.
Pros
Discount food, AC in the summer
Cons
long hours on your feet
Large Not for Profit
Contract Portfolio Manager (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 11, 2017
Sanford is a great place to start. Poor opportunities for advancement unless you are groomed by upper management. Benefits were changed once Sioux Falls merged with Fargo, some not as beneficial as before.
June 12, 2017

Good morning, thank you for your comment. We greatly value our employees and want to be the region’s employer of choice. We would be happy to discuss this further. Please call Angela at 701-234-3922 to speak with a human resources representative.

nice place for a starter career
Certified Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 8, 2017
morning shift consists of a minimum of 20-25 draws any given morning. people are nice. hardest part of the job is learning where your place is . no room for advancement in the lab.
Pros
the people are amazing

Exciting and caring
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 6, 2017
On the typical day at work we would check patients in as to why they needed to be seen. Confirm an address and emergency contact and insurance card. This company was amazing to work for.
June 12, 2017

Focused primarily on patient satisfaction scores
Ambulatory Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDJune 5, 2017
You can climb the ranks very quickly in the company, but unfortunately you will see high turn over rates of upper management. Great place for new graduate nurses to gain experience.
June 12, 2017

Good morning, thank you for your comment. We greatly value our employees and want to be the region’s employer of choice. We appreciate your positive comments. If you'd like to discuss concerns further, please call Angela at (701)234-3922.

Ok place to work
Credentialing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMay 30, 2017
The position was fast paced with not much training. However, the coworkers were wonderful to work with and friendly and willing to answer any questions that you may have.
Pros
Co-workers

Rotating Employees
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  North DakotaMay 29, 2017
This place is only out to make money, not for employees or patients. They do not care about anything but the new hospital and making money. Try smaller hospitals around the area/another organization.

its a job
CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 28, 2017
pay is not that great, but unfortunately it is competitive for the area. I encountered a mix of a good and bad employees. I wish people had more accountability around here

so sad
RN OR Circulator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 27, 2017
not a good place due to managagement........can't work people without food, sleep and water and family time.....it was really lacking even in HR area ...very disappointing

Cold place to work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 18, 2017
There were only a handful of people here that were nice. A lot of people and some managers were very condescending. They always tell you, don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it. A few times I would ask for help on the floor, but no one would come. No communication and definitely not a team effort. I felt so unwelcome.
Benefits
Cons
One break, pay
June 5, 2017

good place to find your calling
RN (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 16, 2017
i like the fact that you can try different things within the agency. I got my foot in by starting as an intern with the research dept and have been fortunate enough to try a couple of different departments.

Some People have a great attitude but the 25% that doesn't ruin it for everbode
Runner (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 12, 2017
Most of the jobs are fun and keep you busy but like I said, the bad attitudes, clueless managers, and nobody taking our ideas to help improve the process. It kind of has "a shut up and do your work" feeling to it.
June 12, 2017

Good morning, thank you for your comment. We greatly value our employees and want to be the region’s employer of choice. If you'd like to discuss concerns further, please call Angela at (701)234-3922.

Cold place to work, lot of unfriendly people
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 2, 2017
Company is too big there is no personalization. I had to learn on my own when I was being trained, I it was like pulling teeth to get my questions answered by my trainers. It was like they didn't want anyone to succeed. Maybe it was that there was such a high turnover that they didn't want to put in the effort to tell you things because they didn't expect you to stay. I needed a job and hung on as long as I could but couldn't wait to find another job.
Management doesn't have a clue, maybe if they did they would be able to keep employees.
Pros
Recieved a paycheck
Cons
Everything in between!

Management is great
Optometric Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 2, 2017
The management I've worked with at the eye clinic of Sanford is great to work under and work with. They are very understanding with everything that they are asked to do.

One of the best
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDMay 1, 2017
My entire experience with Sanford Health has always been one of the best jobs I have ever had. I would recommend them in every way.
They provide you with the necessary training you need to preform your job.

Fast-paced and productive
Technology Support Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 21, 2017
Fast-paced and productive work environment. Making sure that we take care of patients and fellow employees with all technical issues in a friendly manner.
June 12, 2017

Had a hard time working for Sanford and will not go back
Teacher Assistant, Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 20, 2017
This company has just gotten too big. I worked at the daycare and it was wonderful when starting out. Then new staff got paid more than what I was making after 5 years. Like many areas in Sanford, we were understaffed and underpaid. People would quit but it wasn't in the budget to hire for the lead positions. Our department didn't make any money so we were very low on the totem pole. The parents (staff of Sanford) were amazing and I would trust them with my life any day. It's just the system that says they care about their employees is not a true statement. I called a couple of times to HR and they told me this is how it is in most areas so we have to deal with it. From what I have heard most everyone's workloads are near impossible to deal with and you better be there in a storm if you live out of town. Work or die it felt like. Love the people, I just don't respect the business. I have seen this as a patient as well and it is very concerning all around. I hope things change to the smaller business mindset.
Pros
The coworkers and staff of Sanford are all hardworking and amazing
Cons
Workload, unreasonable expectations, minimal raises

Variety
LPN Float Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDApril 18, 2017
Having been a clinic float nurse with Sanford you really have variety. You would work anywhere from family practice to oncology. It is a great position.
June 12, 2017

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanford Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9