At Sanimax, we’re focused on making the world a better place. Every year, we keep over 1.5 million tons of waste out of landfills, while making a positive impact on the local economy and community.
Our business is strong and growing – and we’re looking for more great talent to share in our success! We’re looking for a Part-time Laboratory Technician to join our team in South St. Paul, MN. This is a great opportunity for a current student or a new grad!
The Laboratory Technician performs routine analysis on raw materials and finished products to support plant operations and provide quality information to customers. This role is critical to the successful daily operations of our plant facility, and to the achievement of Sanimax’s quality standards.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare samples for laboratory analysis
- Prepare required chemical reagents for analytical procedures
- Conduct analysis on samples and/or send samples to outside labs, as appropriate
- Document, report, and communicate test results to appropriate departments
- Perform data analysis and outlier recognition
- Create and send Certificates of Analysis with outgoing product or material deliveries to customers
- Maintain test information database, and generate reports in Excel
- Communicate with sales and production personnel to coordinate needs surrounding product quality, and with the Quality Specialist to discuss potential safety and quality issues
The right person for this role a good working knowledge of laboratory operations and analytical techniques, and will be able to work comfortably in a busy environment. We’re also seeking skills and experience including:
- Associate’s degree (minimum)
- Basic knowledge of laboratory operations and analytical techniques
- Prior experience in a scientific field or quality assurance laboratory operation
- Strong math skills
- Good computer skills, to include proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite
- Able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and communicate results clearly
Feel proud of your work – and the company you work for. We are a green company that transforms food, animal and other by-products into usable goods like biofuel, animal feed, and leather. Our family-oriented environment and team culture, great compensation and benefits package, and opportunities for advancement are just a few of the reasons we think you’ll love Sanimax.
Interested in joining the team? We knew you would be!
Apply with your resume and contact information to be instantly put into consideration for this role. Be sure to include the subject line “Lab Technician, South Saint Paul”
By Email: Reply to this job ad
By Fax: 1-888-497-8615
NOTE: Please quote reference number 548 and tell us where you saw this ad.