Sanimax is a stable and successful green industry company that reclaims used cooking oil and organic waste from restaurants and other businesses and renews it into a valuable, reusable product. We are looking a motivated and reliable full time Plant Utility Labourer for our Rendering Plant. Shift will be either 2nd or a 3rd shift.
Specific Duties Include:
- Operating processes and equipment that has not been assigned to other personnel (i.e. load outs, scrubbers, trucking, etc) in a safe, professional and cost effective manner – all the while insuring a safe working environment and high quality product output.
- Assisting with training and development of existing personnel, the Utility Person is also responsible for assisting the Lead Person with the supervision and management of staff involved in all trucking related issues.
- We require an individual who is able to comfortably operate both bobcats and forklifts
- Able to frequently climb stairs and ladders at ease and be able to handle constant standing and walking.
- Be able to lift 30-50 pounds comfortably on a regular basis.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
The capacity to understand and use a fully automated control system and if needed, the ability to run it in manual mode and fully comprehend its relationship to all operating components.
Must fully understand steam processing and complete rendering process and how each operational activity affects the final outcome of the quality of the product.
Newly hired employees will work to obtain a Special Engineers Boilers Licence within the first 90 days of employment with Sanimax. Additionally, a 2nd class B Engineers Licence is to be obtained within 36 months of hire, all while maintaining licence grade on a yearly basis.
Additionally, the ability and willingness to learn how to drive semi-tractor and trailers as well as straight trucks is needed. Pre-existing knowledge of such driving considered an asset.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply today! http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=SANIMAX&cws=4&rid=331