Sanitation

Sanitation Employee Reviews

fun and fast paced
Pallet Jack Operator- Pilgrim's Pride Corp (Former Employee), Carrollton, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: 1 hr lunch, 2 15min breaks, fast paced, air temp is warmer than other parts of the plant
Cons: extremely fast paced
I start at 3pm and after getting the green light to start cleaning, I spray down the walls, floors, and machines in my area with high pressure water. I then spray everything again but with heavily chlorinated foam soap and then rinse everything off and put away hoses and grating over the drainage gutters. management and coworkers were good.
Productive and fun workplace
Sanitation worker (Former Employee), Emporia, KSJune 18, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Long hours
Usually a typical day at work is very sweaty. I learn to work my position work well with my co-workers. The hardest part is the long hours. The most enjoyable is the finish work.
Worst job I've worked
Select Staffing (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks, a lot of work for low income
Got trained to work on a sitdown forklift and ended up being a janitor. My supervisor didnt give me and my partner cleaning supplies until the 3rd week, we had to walk across the warehouse, and this would take time away from us actually being able to work. Worst job NA.
informative to the point and understandable
General worker (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYMay 26, 2015
what I learn is that sanitation is very important because it is easy to contract staff disease's. Management are personable people and listen to their employees. It takes all kinds as far as co-workers go. We may not get along all the time but we focus on the Job at had. The hardest part of the day was to strip the floors because it is time consuming.
productive work environment
garbage loader (Current Employee), 219 N Fullerton AvenueMay 20, 2015
A typical day at work is always challenging. I have learn how to use the trucks' carrier blade. Management here are great to work with and understanding. My fellow co- workers are hard dedicated workers. The hardest part of my job is working in the rain and in the show. The most enjoyable part of my job is being on the road.
Production of Quality Mexican Cheese
Production analyst (Former Employee), Monroe, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Your 401K will match up to 3% of your weekly pay.
Cons: You work 6 8 hour days mon thru saturday.
Clean environment with room to move about freely. Small crews consisting of 7-8 men. Not always a friendly environment. Most patrons with years of service have bad days that affect the morale of other workers. Management is over-abundant for the small man crews, which slows sales which in turn decreasing the money that is generated. Opportunity to advance in shift positions is always achievable and relatively easy. Requires determination along with physical and mental endurance. The hardest part is coping with the repetitive daily tasks. Most enjoyable parts are the friendships that are established and the joy of working with those respectful others. I learned how to become self sufficient and responsible for my actions. I used critical thinking and basic math. In a sense, Wisconsin Cheese Group is good job for workers with little to no experience.
good job
Housekeeping (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMay 13, 2015
Pros: tips
Cons: long breaks
I love doing clean jobs and that's all I was doing at Ms.Fields cookies was keeping things in order and sanitation and keep cookies and cakes freash its a good job
Interesting and challenging
Sanitation Technician (Former Employee), Saginaw, MIMay 12, 2015
This job was unique, in the fact that; you never knew what was coming next. There were days when you may only need to stock the restrooms, and sweep the floors, then there were days when you had to call for help. We became a family and some of the things we encountered were a little scary and hard; however, we made it. I truly enjoyed this dirty job (gm plant) I may have been a little dirty, but at the end of the day I felt satisfied.
Great Job
Hostess Brands Llc (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2015
Pros: great pay and great people
Cons: long hours
Great money, and job can be very trying at times with all the work you have to do but we worked in teams so it was a lot easier.
Very Constructive
Aramark Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Winston Salem NCMay 4, 2015
Very Sanitized job to work but its for the safety and cleanliness of machines that produce food for people to eat so its a great job
Great place to work if your a busy person
crew (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 9, 2015
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had. I learned how to do task on diesel trucks. A typical day at work is very quick and lay back. The hardest part of the job is unfair management. The most enjoyable part of the job is the incentive plan.
Challenging Changes
Sanitation (Current Employee), OHApril 8, 2015
Very challenging atmosphere that requires dedication even off the clock. Coworkers are great. To many managerial changes causing instability in the culture and lack of confidence for employees.
Cashier Work Mostly Clean Up
Janitor, Quality Control, Production (Former Employee), Reading, PAMarch 26, 2015
Great place a lot of change and production. The company was nice to work for people there were more then friendly amd i would love to work for them again. I learn a lot from working on a strong dedicated team.
LIGHT WORK
WORKER (Current Employee), New Windsor, NYMarch 16, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: excuses
I USUALLY WORK THE WEEKEND SO ITS NOT ALWAYS A EASY TASK BECAUSE OF THE GRAVE YARD SHIFT ,ALTHOUGH ITS A REAL DOWN TO EARTH JOB FOR MOST PEOPLE , THAT CONSIDER STEADY EMPLOYMENT I LEARNED HOW TO CLEAN FLOORS & ORGANIZE THE DAY TO DAY OPERERATIONS OF MOST OF THE WORK FUNCTIONS THATS ALLOWED .THE HARDEST PARTOF THE JOB IS BEING SHORT OF A MAN THATS SCHEDULED TO COME IN THEN EVERYONE ELSE HAS TO PICK UP THE PACE . THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB IS FREE FOOD . ALL OF THE C -WORKERS ENJOY THAT PART OF THE JOB .
good workplace environment.
Sanitation Engineer (Current Employee), Madison Heights, MIMarch 6, 2015
I have learned many things along the way working at this company. How to work with others in a productive and timely manner. How to work hard to get done what needs to be done.
I cleaned
Darlene Hutchison, Supervisor (Former Employee), greerFebruary 21, 2015
i moped, swept, and did other general cleaning manger was good, good co workers, the cleaning was the hardest part of the job, the people were the most enjoyable part of the job.
great environment, ornery children
Teacher (Former Employee), bluffton, inFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free training
Cons: healthcare
childcare is always eat, sleep, play, but cleaning up the mess when its all said and done. patience was definitely a learning process for myself and getting to know each child and coping with their attitudes. typically I didn't have management just my boss but she was the best boss ever. coping with different teachers takes some time because some were parents so they would critique you on what you already knew about a child. and then you have the high school students who had no clue what to do but they learned quick but other than that I had great co workers. the hardest part of my job...hmmm...they are children, never know what you end up with. the most enjoyable would have to be nap time (for the kids that is) and playing outside with the kids.
Production and Sanitation
Armour Eckrich Meats (Former Employee), Peru, INJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: was close to home
Cons: going from extreme cold to extreme heat
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday was production. Tuesday and Friday was sanitation. Management and co-workers were easy to get along with. The hardest thing about my job was going from extreme cold on production and extreme hot on sanitation.
Learned alot of quality skills at this job.
Tote filler. (Former Employee), Stayton, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: i was able to put my skills to use.
Cons: no healthcare benefits, and was only seasonal work.
It's a good company to work for but I am looking to grow professionally by obtaining a job that pushes my skill sets to the limit and enables me to grow as a person and in my career.
Technician (Former Employee), JohnsonvilleJanuary 29, 2015
Team orientated and fun people to work with. There are a lot of opportunities to move up in the company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sanitation

CAWST, the Centre for Affordable Water and Sanitation Technology, is a Canadian humanitarian not-for-profit organization providing – Read more

Sanitation Salaries