Sanjel USA Employee Reviews in United States

good morale , enjoyed going to work
FIELD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Very good company , employee attitudes very positive , good pay and benefits, i would still be there if the market didnt get bad.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
working away from home 15 days straight
With the right attitude you can go far but....
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 19, 2015
Its an oilfield job and right now the industry is struggling. Its affecting their ability to grow so theres only so far you can go until the price of oil picks back up. Work life balance is rough because of the 15 on 6 off schedule but thats to be expecting when entering this kind of industry. Managment is great, with teh right attitude and a keen attention to detail they will learn to respect and listen to your opinion. Sanjel is still a new contender in the frac game so thyere still learning how to make it works for them. They probably have one of the best safety records industry wide. I dont have any thing negative to say albiet trivial vexes.
Pros
Family enviroment, you feel they care for you and your safety
Cons
Pay adn advancment is rough in a struggling indusrty
Good Company - Poor Management
Cementing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 12, 2015
Overall, this is a good company to work for in this field. Salary and benefits were good. This is a very young corporation that is going through growing pains. Upper management needs more training on how to handle themselves and employees. Unless you are part of the "buddy" system, you will advance slower.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
To much micro-management
Great Benefits.Positive environment.
Coil Tubing/Crane Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
Great benefits.Biggest liability is management.Great co workers for the most part you always have a few but they are weeded out fast at Sanjel.Hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of hours in Coil Tubing.It's a roller coaster ride.The most enjoyable part was the benefits you get 2 weeks paid vacation accrued when you start.6 sick days and some others.After your second year you get 3 weeks vacation accrued over a year.
Pros
Good pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Management is CYA. Pass there mistakes onto lower tier
good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 3, 2015
good company overall company is going through hard times due to price of oil. Good management team. You will spend more time with coworkers than with family. That is the hardest part of this job.
Pros
meals are covered
Cons
long long hours
A great place to work
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 21, 2016
A very safety oriented company and a great place to work. Enjoyed working with all personnel. It was never a 'job' but an opportunity to learn and do something different everyday.
Pros
all good
Cons
Responsible for keeping our crews in the field and arehouses supplied with hte chemicals needed to complete our services.
CHEMICAL BUYER (Former Employee) –  Miles City MontanaOctober 19, 2015
I loved my job at Sanjel. The atmosphere was full of energy and the people were so positive and easy going. There are allot of responsibilities that came with the buyer position, failure was not a option, ever. The oilfield industry is very high paced and ever changing. One must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, and be able to prioritize. Sanjel is a great company, unfortunately with the oil prices at an all time low, many companies in the industry have been forced to down size to continue to be profitable.
Pros
Constant challenges that had to be solved, supportive co-workers and vendors, and a company that provided opportunity to grow in your career.
Cons
To volitile becuase of the oil filed.
It was really good run
Cementing Lab Tech II (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJuly 6, 2016
I worked with Sanjel my last 4 years and I am so glad and happy to work with this company.
We have a good work environment and very good culture.
Long days, no control over schedule, inflexible, 24/7 mentally.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 25, 2013
Will not work with employees to get time off to go home. Management thinks that the answer to the housing cries in the oil field is corporate housing and man camps. Don't care if your being worked into the ground. Will send you out reguardless of weather conditions. 24/7 mentally results in very long work days with no relief. Management is always trying to find ways to pin the blame on employees for any accidents. Some co-workers are fun and upstanding, but others are just plain low lifes as the company is scraping the bottom of the barrel to find workers. I don't know that is a part of the job that is enjoyable.
Pros
benifits and pay
Cons
to many to list
Great Experience
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I would continue working here for as long as I possibly could, however the oil and gas market and timing of growth on this company was too much.
Pros
Great People.
Cons
Lots of work.
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 22, 2015
Loved the work i was doing, working by myself and resposible for big amount of equipment in the middle of nowhere. The weather was the hardest part of the job.
Rewarding and safe place to work
Coil Tubing Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 18, 2015
My time with Sanjel has been very good. During our busy, productive time this job was exactly what I was looking for. Challenging yet fun and rewarding work. In such a demanding job, safety was always the number one goal.
Pros
Great pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
Travel and schedule
Productive workplace
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
Team work,very safety oriented
Management is ok. Coworkers are great.
Rig up and rig down
Company is very family oriented
Pros
Mancamp is great - free meals
Productive with good enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXFebruary 5, 2015
First oilfield job I had and I learned a lot with the training from the other employees that worked there. The equipment was well maintained and the company was well structured to the needs of all the employees had. At first the hardest part was waking up so early and working long hours to complete a job but it got better down the road and got easier to withstand everything that came with the job title.
Sanjel
Frac Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXApril 21, 2015
Worked 15 days on, 6 days off. I want to only be gone away from home maybe 2 - 3 nights a week if at all in my future job.The workday was nonstop up to 17 hrs a day in all weather conditions. I learned what a handworker I can be and all safety aspects in the daily workplace, The money was very good but I want to see my family more.
Pros
Money and incentives
Cons
days away from home
Great Entry Level Pay/Benifits
Coil Tubing/Nitrogen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 1, 2015
Started as a Driver/Helper and work up to Supervisor. Great people to work for. Hours are long but pay makes up for time away from home.
Safety consious work environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miles City MTJune 22, 2014
A normal work set is 15 days on and 6 days off with an average of 14 to 16 hours a day. I had the bonus of starting with older equipment and had a very hands on approach which gave me a huge advantage in frac equipment knowledge over the newer computerized equipment. The direct management and co workers are great. This job is not for everyone though the time on the road away from family and friends can be hard but most crews bond together and become families themselves.
Frac
Chem Van Operator (Current Employee) –  Miles City, MTFebruary 21, 2014
Alright place to work, most of the crews are decent but every crew has a few weak links that every one else has to pick up the slack for. They reserve nice rooms for you to stay at while you're in the field. Poor communication between upper management and the field, be prepared to redo the same task over and over again because management cant make up their mind on how they want it done. Other than that they're an alright company to work for
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
bad upper management
Productive job/ Busy at times
Coiled Tubing Operator (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYJanuary 5, 2013
All outside work. Rigging up and rigging down are the only two parts that keep you busy. Other than that it is boring, long hours. I learned how to operate and maintain pumps. Good group of guys for the most part. Hardest part is putting up with the slow/cold times. Most enjoyable is rigging up and rigging down.
Pros
good pay/time off
Cons
gets boring and slow at times
Good family
Nitrogen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 27, 2015
Great company, i will miss being a part of being needed and trusted overall a great company

Management was good but had issues with training and follow thru with on-board discussions with same.
Pros
great bonuses.
Cons
a lot of hours then long drives to home base

4.5