Sanjel USA Employee Reviews

Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Until Sanjel sold the company it was a great place to work. Management was great and the work environment was fun and productive. The equipment was a little old but overall we kept up with maintaining all units.
Pros
Provided housing, per diem, great benefits and compensation
Cons
15/6 schedule was grueling at times
out of business
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  miles city montanaJanuary 13, 2017
was a great job while it lasted,too bad the oil market took a huge nosedive,and they coulden,t hang on.was really nice new equipment.
Pros
dirty hard work
Cons
unpredictable schedule
Other than Sanjel filing Chapter 15, great place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 26, 2016
My short time spent with Sanjel started out great but soon into my time there we were notified of Sanjel filing Chapter 15. Was not pleased I was hired under false pretenses.
Sanjel is a good place to work with.
Lube Tech (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDAugust 4, 2016
Sanjel is a good place to work with. Good management and good pay. They supported full safety training. They assist what you need for the job.
Pros
Good safety training ang $$$$$
Cons
Longhourd
It was really good run
Cementing Lab Tech II (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJuly 6, 2016
I worked with Sanjel my last 4 years and I am so glad and happy to work with this company.
We have a good work environment and very good culture.
A great place to work
Hydraulic Fracturing Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 21, 2016
A very safety oriented company and a great place to work. Enjoyed working with all personnel. It was never a 'job' but an opportunity to learn and do something different everyday.
Pros
all good
Great Experience
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2016
I would continue working here for as long as I possibly could, however the oil and gas market and timing of growth on this company was too much.
Pros
Great People.
Cons
Lots of work.
good morale , enjoyed going to work
FIELD OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Very good company , employee attitudes very positive , good pay and benefits, i would still be there if the market didnt get bad.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
working away from home 15 days straight
With the right attitude you can go far but....
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 19, 2015
Its an oilfield job and right now the industry is struggling. Its affecting their ability to grow so theres only so far you can go until the price of oil picks back up. Work life balance is rough because of the 15 on 6 off schedule but thats to be expecting when entering this kind of industry. Managment is great, with teh right attitude and a keen attention to detail they will learn to respect and listen to your opinion. Sanjel is still a new contender in the frac game so thyere still learning how to make it works for them. They probably have one of the best safety records industry wide. I dont have any thing negative to say albiet trivial vexes.
Pros
Family enviroment, you feel they care for you and your safety
Cons
Pay adn advancment is rough in a struggling indusrty
good company
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 3, 2015
good company overall company is going through hard times due to price of oil. Good management team. You will spend more time with coworkers than with family. That is the hardest part of this job.
Pros
meals are covered
Cons
long long hours
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Miles City, MTOctober 22, 2015
Loved the work i was doing, working by myself and resposible for big amount of equipment in the middle of nowhere. The weather was the hardest part of the job.
Responsible for keeping our crews in the field and arehouses supplied with hte chemicals needed to complete our services.
CHEMICAL BUYER (Former Employee) –  Miles City MontanaOctober 19, 2015
I loved my job at Sanjel. The atmosphere was full of energy and the people were so positive and easy going. There are allot of responsibilities that came with the buyer position, failure was not a option, ever. The oilfield industry is very high paced and ever changing. One must be able to multi-task, work well under pressure, and be able to prioritize. Sanjel is a great company, unfortunately with the oil prices at an all time low, many companies in the industry have been forced to down size to continue to be profitable.
Pros
Constant challenges that had to be solved, supportive co-workers and vendors, and a company that provided opportunity to grow in your career.
Cons
To volitile becuase of the oil filed.
Productive workplace
Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2015
Team work,very safety oriented
Management is ok. Coworkers are great.
Rig up and rig down
Company is very family oriented
Pros
Mancamp is great - free meals
Rewarding and safe place to work
Coil Tubing Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 18, 2015
My time with Sanjel has been very good. During our busy, productive time this job was exactly what I was looking for. Challenging yet fun and rewarding work. In such a demanding job, safety was always the number one goal.
Pros
Great pay, advancement opportunities
Cons
Travel and schedule
Good Company - Poor Management
Cementing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 12, 2015
Overall, this is a good company to work for in this field. Salary and benefits were good. This is a very young corporation that is going through growing pains. Upper management needs more training on how to handle themselves and employees. Unless you are part of the "buddy" system, you will advance slower.
Pros
Salary and Benefits
Cons
To much micro-management
Great Entry Level Pay/Benifits
Coil Tubing/Nitrogen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDJune 1, 2015
Started as a Driver/Helper and work up to Supervisor. Great people to work for. Hours are long but pay makes up for time away from home.
Sanjel
Frac Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXApril 21, 2015
Worked 15 days on, 6 days off. I want to only be gone away from home maybe 2 - 3 nights a week if at all in my future job.The workday was nonstop up to 17 hrs a day in all weather conditions. I learned what a handworker I can be and all safety aspects in the daily workplace, The money was very good but I want to see my family more.
Pros
Money and incentives
Cons
days away from home
Great Benefits.Positive environment.
Coil Tubing/Crane Operator/Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2015
Great benefits.Biggest liability is management.Great co workers for the most part you always have a few but they are weeded out fast at Sanjel.Hardest part of the job is the uncertainty of hours in Coil Tubing.It's a roller coaster ride.The most enjoyable part was the benefits you get 2 weeks paid vacation accrued when you start.6 sick days and some others.After your second year you get 3 weeks vacation accrued over a year.
Pros
Good pay, Great Benefits
Cons
Management is CYA. Pass there mistakes onto lower tier
Productive with good enviroment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXFebruary 5, 2015
First oilfield job I had and I learned a lot with the training from the other employees that worked there. The equipment was well maintained and the company was well structured to the needs of all the employees had. At first the hardest part was waking up so early and working long hours to complete a job but it got better down the road and got easier to withstand everything that came with the job title.
challenging job with great learning chances
operator (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WyJanuary 28, 2015
Great to keep using your brain to figure out numbers and how to use pump trucks. learn how to work with all kinds of people and use teamwork.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanjel USA. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5