SANJEL Employee Reviews

Management isnt smart
DIESEL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJanuary 29, 2017
Management did a horrible job keeping the company profitable in a down turn
Bought a lot of equipment in a down turn
Pushed the limits too far
Safety oriented
Micro managing is bad
Pros
Safety is important
Cons
The way they treated people
Not a very good place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lupton, CODecember 19, 2016
Company failed financially. Was unable to withstand the industry downturn and in turn filed for bankruptcy. Upper management was not the best people for their positions and the bankruptcy was what followed.
Was a good place to work. great pay, good people
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TX 78108December 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here it was good pay, great benefits, good employers, plenty of work until contracts ended. safety was a big part of the make up of the corporation.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
home time
It was very rewarding to work for Sanjel.
Iron Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 9, 2016
I spent 4 year working on a frac crew in south Texas. I learned how to operate all the frac equipment. I worked hard and became the Iron Coordinator at Sanjel's Cibolo location.
Good place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The work environment here changed on a day to day basis. It was difficult to work with some of the upper management since everyone was on a different page. The employee's are great people but I can't say the same for the office personal different agendas and buddy buddy system was a big factor here. Over all the company it self was great to work for aside from a few differences
Only there one month before we were laid off
Human Resources duties such as assisting employees (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2016
They hired a whole group of us at one time. Only to lay us off right after training classes. They filed bankruptcy it was not a good experience.
n/a
Cibolo, Texas Oilfield Mechanic TechnicianIII (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 8, 2016
Good company,good pay,some little problems both best place for work,place for make friends,this company take care people...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Excellent growth at Sanjel
Area Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 19, 2016
Sanjel has been a great place to grow up in the Oilfield industry. They have provided me many opportunities to grow in the maintenance field.
Great Company
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 29, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Only company I could walk in every morning with a smile on my face knowing I got one of the best jobs and leaving the same way. My immediate supervision was great they always had our interest first priority. There was definitely more work then family time. Good Safe Job culture and we watched each others back. Great Company.

The bad, It was very top heavy. They didn't take care of problems they knew were problems. Mostly in spending money, hence why we are bankrupt now.

Great company, Great People, Bad decisions....
Sanjel Review
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 25, 2016
Loved this job until I found out that there is no job left. Of course the oilfield is taxing on life in general. Would have high ratings if the company was no more. Loved the people. Practically lived at work. It was great while it lasted. Work life balance would have been a one because the oilfield can be tough. I loved work so this wasn't a big deal. It's too bad it came to an end. Not secure when it goes out of business. Was willing to stay for a long time.
Pros
people
Cons
The business is shut down

Want to know more about SANJEL?

Ask a question
Amazing company to work for!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 21, 2016
Sanjel's culture is the most enjoyable part of the job. Management encourages teamwork and gives the autonomy you need to gain experience.
Management needed training in people skills.
Cement Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 16, 2016
I felt like I was treated like an extension of the equipment.

There was very much a lack of respect and dignity from management.

I made good money and benefits.
Pros
It was a job that paid well
Cons
The hours were tough and long in very cold conditions.
Prior toOil prices dropped, was a great place to work
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COApril 1, 2016
For the most part, Sanjel is a great place to work. Unfortunately with oil prices dropping and staying low for so long, every oil field services company is feeling the pinch now.
Pros
Was great pay until recently
Cons
Long hours, away from the family
Sanjel Corporation, Cibolo, Tx
Crew Bus/ Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TxMarch 16, 2016
Perform pre trip and post trip inspections for Freightliner 22 passenger bus, 15 passenger van and crew cab pickup. Maintain cleanliness and safe operation of vehicles. Obtain and maintain Class B CDL, with passenger and air brake endorsements. Transport Frac crews to and from designated locations. Maintain a consistent and accurate drivers log, in digital or written form. Attend safety and informational meetings as provided by Sanjel Corporation and associated clients. Maintain annual safety training certifications.
Enjoyable work environment
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Enjoyable experience and coworkers
long work hours, but out come is well worth it
great shop environment and management was enjoyable to work for
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Long work hours
Good Company within its peers
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 10, 2016
Private company with its pro and cons. All employees share the load in good and bad times. Measures under crisis mode not different than other companies or those that business guidelines will dictate.
The company provide for additional support to its employees when required and this is not typical in big companies.
A very self rewarding job....
Lead - Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williston, ND and Buffalo, Wy.February 6, 2016
Always busy, multi-tasking.
Always something new to be learned.
Am going to miss a lot of people I had the pleasure to work with.
Hardest part of the job was keeping all the mechanics happy!
The people I worked with and the every day challenge of finding the 'odd ball' oil field parts!
Pros
Staying busy, good pay!
Cons
Bad attitudes of some of the people
Over all good service company
Fracturing Data Van Operator (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 3, 2016
This is a good company for young inexperienced people looking to enter the oil and gas industry. If you have aspirations of being a 'Company Man' or consultant for an Oil Company this is an excellent place to start.
The lessons learned about working as part of a team and what you can learn about yourself are invaluable.
The guys out in the field make the company
Fracturing (Former Employee) –  Cibolo and Odessa, TXJanuary 1, 2016
The guys out in the field making the money have been asked to carry a heavy burden as the industry changes and have done so admirably. Amazing safety record thanks to the efforts and care of those on location. This is completed all while dealing with an often times inadequate and occasionally inept management team. Middle management is awful. Nepotism is how you will move up. Poor planning resulting from a break in communication between office and field personal. Unqualified individuals in certain positions cause work/planning to be more difficult than it should.
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Nepotism, Favoritism
Family Oriented Company
Shop Hand (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXDecember 28, 2015
When they say team Sanjel it means TEAM Sanjel, everyone works together to help one another achieve the highest expectation.
Pros
Well paying
Cons
No Stability