SANJEL Employee Reviews

Not a very good place to work
Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lupton, CODecember 19, 2016
Company failed financially. Was unable to withstand the industry downturn and in turn filed for bankruptcy. Upper management was not the best people for their positions and the bankruptcy was what followed.
Was a good place to work. great pay, good people
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TX 78108December 15, 2016
I enjoyed working here it was good pay, great benefits, good employers, plenty of work until contracts ended. safety was a big part of the make up of the corporation.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
home time
Good place
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 19, 2016
The work environment here changed on a day to day basis. It was difficult to work with some of the upper management since everyone was on a different page. The employee's are great people but I can't say the same for the office personal different agendas and buddy buddy system was a big factor here. Over all the company it self was great to work for aside from a few differences
Great Company
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 29, 2016
This was a great company to work for. Only company I could walk in every morning with a smile on my face knowing I got one of the best jobs and leaving the same way. My immediate supervision was great they always had our interest first priority. There was definitely more work then family time. Good Safe Job culture and we watched each others back. Great Company.

The bad, It was very top heavy. They didn't take care of problems they knew were problems. Mostly in spending money, hence why we are bankrupt now.

Great company, Great People, Bad decisions....
Management needed training in people skills.
Cement Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 16, 2016
I felt like I was treated like an extension of the equipment.

There was very much a lack of respect and dignity from management.

I made good money and benefits.
Pros
It was a job that paid well
Cons
The hours were tough and long in very cold conditions.
The guys out in the field make the company
Fracturing (Former Employee) –  Cibolo and Odessa, TXJanuary 1, 2016
The guys out in the field making the money have been asked to carry a heavy burden as the industry changes and have done so admirably. Amazing safety record thanks to the efforts and care of those on location. This is completed all while dealing with an often times inadequate and occasionally inept management team. Middle management is awful. Nepotism is how you will move up. Poor planning resulting from a break in communication between office and field personal. Unqualified individuals in certain positions cause work/planning to be more difficult than it should.
Pros
Safety Culture
Cons
Nepotism, Favoritism
Amazing company to work for!
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  ColoradoApril 21, 2016
Sanjel's culture is the most enjoyable part of the job. Management encourages teamwork and gives the autonomy you need to gain experience.
Sanjel Review
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 25, 2016
Loved this job until I found out that there is no job left. Of course the oilfield is taxing on life in general. Would have high ratings if the company was no more. Loved the people. Practically lived at work. It was great while it lasted. Work life balance would have been a one because the oilfield can be tough. I loved work so this wasn't a big deal. It's too bad it came to an end. Not secure when it goes out of business. Was willing to stay for a long time.
Pros
people
Cons
The business is shut down
It was very rewarding to work for Sanjel.
Iron Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXNovember 9, 2016
I spent 4 year working on a frac crew in south Texas. I learned how to operate all the frac equipment. I worked hard and became the Iron Coordinator at Sanjel's Cibolo location.
Only there one month before we were laid off
Human Resources duties such as assisting employees (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 28, 2016
They hired a whole group of us at one time. Only to lay us off right after training classes. They filed bankruptcy it was not a good experience.
Great pay and good equipment.
Head of pumps, Chem Transfer (Former Employee) –  Williston North DakotaMarch 12, 2014
Typical day at work is extremely long hours in all types of weather conditions. I learned leadership skills and all about life in the oil field. management was not trained as well as I thought should be and people move up to fast. Co-workers became great friends. the hardest part of the job was all you did was work not much free time to spend with family. Enjoyable part was learning something new and of course the money.
Pros
Great money good benefits.
Cons
Hours and location.
Terrible management within the company
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TexasMarch 9, 2015
On paper safety is king but in reality it doesn't matter, just get the job done. Sad how middle and upper management didn't really care about field personnel just so long as their positions weren't in jeopardy. Equipment and alterations done to such were very unsafe, with many pieces not working at all. But it still went out. Canadian company who claims family oriented but fall way short of that, saw many employees fired or disciplined when they had no control over the circumstances. Training is a joke with operators running stuff they barely know how to turn on, dangerous situation when you have many things that can go wrong and hurt someone. Glad to be away from that disaster waiting to happen.
Pros
Oil and Gas pays well
Cons
Total joke of a company management
Prior toOil prices dropped, was a great place to work
Lead Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Lupton, COApril 1, 2016
For the most part, Sanjel is a great place to work. Unfortunately with oil prices dropping and staying low for so long, every oil field services company is feeling the pinch now.
Pros
Was great pay until recently
Cons
Long hours, away from the family
i like working for sanjel
highest level was acid supervisor (Current Employee) –  williston ndJune 9, 2015
the work in its self was good the company in its self was better when i first started it was more personal not having any oil experience before working for sanjel i was taught a lot i advanced rather fast the management now seems like they depend on corperate office to make decisions think the hardest part of the job was the hours not knowing when you had to go to work i enjoyed being outdoors
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
hours not knowing
Excellent growth at Sanjel
Area Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Williston, NDMay 19, 2016
Sanjel has been a great place to grow up in the Oilfield industry. They have provided me many opportunities to grow in the maintenance field.
Good place to start
Hydraulic fracturing and coil tubing mechanic (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TxApril 6, 2015
Good place to get your foot in the door to gain experience to move on to bigger and better things. Management is awful and raises are hard to come by.
Pros
10 on 4 off schedule
Cons
Poor Management
Enjoyable work environment
Diesel Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Cibolo, TXFebruary 20, 2016
Enjoyable experience and coworkers
long work hours, but out come is well worth it
great shop environment and management was enjoyable to work for
Pros
good work environment
Cons
Long work hours
Sanjel Corporation, Cibolo, Tx
Crew Bus/ Van Driver (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TxMarch 16, 2016
Perform pre trip and post trip inspections for Freightliner 22 passenger bus, 15 passenger van and crew cab pickup. Maintain cleanliness and safe operation of vehicles. Obtain and maintain Class B CDL, with passenger and air brake endorsements. Transport Frac crews to and from designated locations. Maintain a consistent and accurate drivers log, in digital or written form. Attend safety and informational meetings as provided by Sanjel Corporation and associated clients. Maintain annual safety training certifications.
n/a
Cibolo, Texas Oilfield Mechanic TechnicianIII (Current Employee) –  Cibolo, TXJune 8, 2016
Good company,good pay,some little problems both best place for work,place for make friends,this company take care people...
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great place to work.
Frac Crew Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDApril 27, 2015
Long hours. Inspected bus before each run for safety. Drove frackers from man camp to shop then onto job site. Returned frackers that were at job site to shop then to man camp. After dropping off the frackers returned bus to shop to wash inside and outside of bus. Fueled bus and completed a post trip inspection.

The coordinators were awesome to work with. When the ice rain fell and no one could walk much less drive they agreed not safe to drive and told us to stay at man camp.

I enjoyed driving the guys out to the site. They were always excited on the last and first days of the shift. So, would stay awake and joke around. Made the trip go really fast.
Cons
Had to cut pay due to oil prices dropping.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SANJEL. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8