SANJEL Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Frac Crew Driver (Former Employee), Williston, NDApril 27, 2015
Cons: Had to cut pay due to oil prices dropping.
Long hours. Inspected bus before each run for safety. Drove frackers from man camp to shop then onto job site. Returned frackers that were at job site to shop then to man camp. After dropping off the frackers returned bus to shop to wash inside and outside of bus. Fueled bus and completed a post trip inspection.

The coordinators were awesome to work with. When the ice rain fell and no one could walk much less drive they agreed not safe to drive and told us to stay at man camp.

I enjoyed driving the guys out to the site. They were always excited on the last and first days of the shift. So, would stay awake and joke around. Made the trip go really fast.
Great Company
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Odessa,TXApril 23, 2015
Just an all around great place to work. The Odessa yard is where I was out of. Good people to work with for the most part. Had some issues with management. Didn't really appreciate the work that was being done from one of their Supervisors.
Good place to start
Hydraulic fracturing and coil tubing mechanic (Current Employee), Cibolo, TxApril 6, 2015
Pros: 10 on 4 off schedule
Cons: Poor Management
Good place to get your foot in the door to gain experience to move on to bigger and better things. Management is awful and raises are hard to come by.
Wrong time for work
coil operator (Current Employee), Willistone NDApril 5, 2015
Pros: free food. Saves on money.
Cons: money, work, stress.
Do to the drop of oil layoffs and workers quitting it's sad to say it's an everyday thing .I here the money use to be good only bringing 2600 a month yes 2600. The stress levels here have taken lead man going paranoid rest of the other guys are ok to get along with the office staff are willing to help now that there job is at stake is use to be worse, safety wise they preach about it at the end the attitude is get the Job done safety goes out the window. I've been on call 75% of the time. I hope I get laid off soon no hard feelings I can make the same on unemployment almost .600 A week here in ND and search some where else plenty of work still out here just need experience in truck driving witch I don't have. For what it's worth good experience for me.
Good Experience
Bulk Plant Operator (Former Employee), Williston, NDMarch 16, 2015
It was a good place to work at, they like to preach safety, but in the end the want the job done no matter what. Worked 15 on with 6 off. Learned how to operate a forklift as well as handle many chemicals on a daily basis.
Terrible management within the company
Mechanic (Former Employee), Cibolo, TexasMarch 9, 2015
Pros: oil and gas pays well
Cons: total joke of a company management
On paper safety is king but in reality it doesn't matter, just get the job done. Sad how middle and upper management didn't really care about field personnel just so long as their positions weren't in jeopardy. Equipment and alterations done to such were very unsafe, with many pieces not working at all. But it still went out. Canadian company who claims family oriented but fall way short of that, saw many employees fired or disciplined when they had no control over the circumstances. Training is a joke with operators running stuff they barely know how to turn on, dangerous situation when you have many things that can go wrong and hurt someone. Glad to be away from that disaster waiting to happen.
Working at Sanjel was a great experience for me. It was very family oriented and fun.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Billings, MTMarch 7, 2015
Pros: company lunches, monthly birthday and anniversary celebration, got to listen to music, benefits were awesome, people were awesome.
Cons: got laid off and closed shop here in billings
Sanjel was a very laid back company and when things needed to be done it would get done. It was a great company in every way and I will greatly miss it and everyone there.
Strong independent company
Coil Tubing Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXMarch 4, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: bad pay
This is a very well run company. I was able to break out as a service supervisor. The crew hands were very hard working. The pay started out very good but turned out not to be what they said.
Nice place to work until oil collapsed
Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Billings, MTFebruary 23, 2015
This was a nice place to work until oil collapsed. It was rewarding work with great co-workers. They closed the Billings shop when oil collapsed.
awesome group of guys
Operator 1 (Former Employee), williston, ndJanuary 8, 2015
people here were great. very helpful and educating. money was also great. the schedule did suck though. 15 days on and 6 off. by the time you got done traveling home it seemed like you were already back to work. worked on a coil tubing crew. bonuses were usually good. most of the time you stayed busy. if not on location worked in shop. they are salary based plus bonuses. good benefits and a 401k option after 90 days.
The weather,veried extreme
Truck Driver,multi-axle trucks & Trailers (Former Employee), Williston, NDDecember 21, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: the cold
Each day was a challenge
How to cope and work through difficult or extreme cold
The day started with a safety brief and where the safe area was,the number to call for support or ems.
All employees were trained to their jobs and how to assist when it was needed.
The cold during the winter months
Great pay
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXOctober 20, 2014
The job is very demanding, long work days and/or nights, great teamwork, management isn't the best however the pay is awesome. Willing to work in all weather conditions and drive over various terrain.
Family Oriented Company
Frac Operator (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXOctober 10, 2014
Good company and great co-workers. Management is very in-tuned to your needs and help is much as they can.
less than i expected.
operator 1. (Former Employee), ciboloSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: free meals
An ok company. Too many chiefs... pay is not enough even with experience. Excessive time away. Sometimes not enough work. Man camps are like concentration camps. If your off the job, you are secluded and cant leave the camp. You cant wash coveralls at camp. Crews wear the same coverall multiple days.
It used to be a great place to work at before new management came in
Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: great hours and pay, and learning new things.
Cons: poor management, miss communication, poor training.
Drive to and from various locations. Mixed chemicals. Load and unload trucks. I learned how chemicals worked and what the names of various chemicals we used. I learned the hazards of the chemicals through various MSDS. I enjoyed my co-workers that I worked with. The hardest part about my job was lack of sleep, dealing with 120-130 degree temps. Staying at the Man camp, where they make you feel like you are a prisoner. The most enjoyable part was when my days off started.
Family Oriented - Great Pay
Mechanic II / Field Mechanic (Current Employee), Williston, NDAugust 18, 2014
Great management, oilfield and fracking services, hardest part is the hours and being away from home.
Not the greatest
Cement Supervisor (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXAugust 13, 2014
Terminated for incident that i had no control over and could not prevent.
Great working environment
Blender Tender (Former Employee), Cibolo, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: physicaly exhausting
It was a great opportunity and very interesting work environment a lot team work it was very physical and long hours but it was most definitely worth it
Great pay and good equipment.
Head of pumps, Chem Transfer (Former Employee), Williston North DakotaMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great money good benefits.
Cons: hours and location.
Typical day at work is extremely long hours in all types of weather conditions. I learned leadership skills and all about life in the oil field. management was not trained as well as I thought should be and people move up to fast. Co-workers became great friends. the hardest part of the job was all you did was work not much free time to spend with family. Enjoyable part was learning something new and of course the money.
Productive work place
Accounts Payable Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 30, 2014
Everyone was very welcoming when I joined their office. Not a single person would walk by without saying hello in some capacity.