SanMar Employee Reviews in United States

Warehouse Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 22, 2016
A lot of training when not understanding a procedure. Employees are allowed to speak their own language. all my knowledge i obtain was from sanmar and always loved being around my co-workers.
great workers
QC EXPEDITOR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
sanmar is a great company to work for they are friendly and have great employees. the company is a safe place and there are times where they give there employees higher jobs to work for.
assembly line/production
Packer/picker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 5, 2016
great co-workers, constantly busy, not much communication with management and team. lots of overtime, bonuses could be better with the amount of hustle during Christmas season
Pros
overtime
Puller / Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 17, 2016
I learned how the pull/process and restock merchandise daily. I got along with all my co-workers and management. The hardest part of my job was lifting boxes over 50 pounds. I had the weekend's off.
Pros
My work schedule was very good
Cons
The benefits were not good
Light labor, not taxing, nearly impossible standards, but with decent hours and pay.
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2016
Once you clock in, standard procedure is to obtain your cart with your supplies, obtain an order or order(s) to fufill by retrieving them from various locations in the warehouse with 99% accuracy and a speed of 35 lines per hour.
Pros
Free coffee available throughout the workday.
Cons
Get cut if you fall under the 99% accuracy or 35 line per hour benchmarks.
Account Executive for northwest clothing manufacturer
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAFebruary 11, 2016
I worked as an account executive/customer service rep. SanMar sells blank goods such as t-shirts, jackets, caps, sweatshirts and polos to companies that embroider or screen print them for schools, events, organizations and employers. This was business to business sales, promoted through catalogs, the outside sales reps and the larger accounts working with an assigned account executive. I promoted new product and grew sales, managed 100 personal accounts and achieved quarterly bonuses for sales growth. I was a telecommuter for about 3 1/2 of my 4 1/2 years of employment. I spoke to most of my accounts on a daily or weekly basis, asking questions and learning about their customers and needs in order to enhance their own businesses. My training was extensive and ongoing to provide exceptional customer service to all customers with emphasis on problem solving and relationship building, as well as expounding on new products.
Pros
Excellent training, working from home, quarterly bonuses.
Cons
Very busy work days.
Warehouse
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jax flaFebruary 5, 2016
this company sucks theytell you they are working on making you perment and you do every job they ask you to do and you are on time and meet all there qualifacations and then they walk up to you one day and just say your fired or don't nned you and all this after you work your butt off and doing what they want and when they want it and you need to have this job. They have to many Chiefs in charge and are so underhanded it is not funny. I wouldn't reccomend them to anyone.
Pros
Cons
no good management, short lunches and have sorry temp agency
As this was my first experience working in a warehouse, I found it to be a very good learning experience
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 28, 2016
Overall the company is a good place to work. Most employees are very friendly and willing to help you . The supervisors are also very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Climate controlled work environment. Acknowledges team members for outstanding work.
Cons
One sided in permanent hiring, majority Spanish, hire people that CAN'T speak English, too much time wasted doing Start up Meetings (translating everything), We are NOT in South Florida, If the people can not understand English then they should not be working there.
great work atmosphere
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHNovember 19, 2015
It was a fun and productive environment with hardworking coworkers. The job was very rewarding by learning new things about the trade on a daily basis. Also it kept me knowledgeable on skills such as OSHA, fire safety, welding, and machine operations.
A nice job to get your life started.
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2015
A good entry level job that taught me a lot of different essential skills needed to be successful as an employee, and also just as a person going through everyday life.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
not a long term job

Want to know more about SanMar?

Ask a question
nothing
Invoicing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2015
it was an ok place to work met some really good folks there but that place lacks alot of things and when you want to step up and say something about it no one wants to hear it and always get rid of good workers
Pros
nothing
Cons
selfish people no team work
Excellent
Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2015
Is a good Company,good team and facility of benefficts for employees.They give to employees Estability of work and they work together.Nice place
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
too much overtime
Great benefits and coworkers
Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 21, 2015
A typical day in Inventory Control included a start up meeting within the department, receiving pallet put away sheets from Team Lead, getting equipment, completing the sheets and receiving more work fit for our duties. Management could be helpful yet show favoritism at other times. There were hundreds of employees but I had large group of people I got along with which was the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job was staying energized throughout the whole day.
Pros
Benefits, Insurance, Coworkers
Cons
Short notice of OT, favoritism, coworkers
productive and fun workplace
supervisor (Former Employee) –  new york,nySeptember 30, 2015
your day starts off well until the hotel managers checks in about the am they start nit picking at everything you do and clean in the hotel. the co-workers are cool and fun guys to work with. the hardest part of the job is to clean the bathrooms after a nightlife event.
Cons
no breaks
Good job for hard workers
Operator (Former Employee) –  West ChesterSeptember 2, 2015
I worked in the truck so the days went fast. Great work but not for everyone. Must be willing to work without a set time to leave.
Phenomenal Culture
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAAugust 19, 2015
SanMar is an amazing, family owned company that manages to feel like small family company even though there are now thousands of employees. Hourly salary caps are low and incentives to move up are limited, but the company treats its employees well and SanMar is a great place to work.
Pros
work from home
Cons
low pay
Hard work. On your feet all day. More concerned about the all mighty buck than the employees.
Picker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 19, 2015
On our feet all day. At this job you were not the chosen people if you were American. If management knew you were trying they did all they could to help you be successful. Liked most of my co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being on my feet all day. Most enjoyable part of the job was the nice people.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Lot of cheating by the chosen ones to get bonuses
nice place to work
Qualified Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  avondale, azMay 13, 2015
the people there are friendly funny and fun to work with. they are all know what we are doing to get shipments out on time to the customers
Family work place
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHApril 8, 2015
Went into the job, worked on my feet all day, lots of good communication between people, management staff was very open and receptive to new ideas. Really no hard parts to the job, just go in and do your work and go home, which some of the other people failed to understand this concept.
Pros
free dinners, popcorn Thursdays, very good heath care program
Cons
Many people nt understanding the concept of what the word work means
Fun place to work great benefits
Truck Loader (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJanuary 26, 2015
very busy productive days
learned how to fill up trailers properly
managers and co workers were very friendly
very physical job big workplace
lunch was the best part of the day