SanMar Employee Reviews

Stocker
Picker/stocker (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 20, 2017
My work day was pretty cool. I learned how to stock boxes really fast. The management were really nice. The hardest part was waiting for new trucks to come . The most enjoyable part was getting to meet new people.
ok place
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNApril 18, 2017
a nice place to get started with the work lots of moving around like a amazon place with great pay 13.00 per hour only problem they take so long to get hire 6 months to get a call for them yet through the agency only a week with no garetey they will call you again.
Pros
pay
Cons
to moch work
a/r rep
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAApril 2, 2017
Company as a whole is great to work for, and hours and the
ability to work from home is great, but changes and Upper management lose site of what it is like to be an employee.
Pros
good benifits, and ablity to work from home
Cons
watch what dept you work for, Not compeitive pay.
most of the time it is temporary
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 7, 2017
Not a bad job at all. Only problem is that it is a mostly temp job and getting hired as permanent can be hard, but all in all it is a goon work place.
Pros
a set schedule and few surprises
Cons
production is everything
good
Associate (Current Employee) –  Robinsonville, MSMarch 2, 2017
Sanmar is good company,pay and PTO s good, day timingd job, with all good brands and work atmoshpher is also nice, supervisor and colligue have good work atmoshpher.
Pros
lunch time is short
Cons
good in break time
Unbalanced hours
Processor / Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2017
SanMar is not a bad place to work. The problem is you don't know when you will get off work. Different start times depends on the day of the week. Hard to plan things due to work times. Human Resources is specialized which is a problem when you have to use ADA or FMLA. All decisions are made from corporate concerning these matters and it takes 2 weeks to get an answer. They do not use Doctors notes. Must have their paperwork. They use your PTO for ADA or FMLA until it is gone before FMLA or ADA starts,
Pros
Employee store, Great discount on products that they carry. Feed you on a regular bases
Cons
uncertainnty in work hours. Human Resources is difficult to deal witth.
Family Oriented
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 30, 2017
Good place to work, talk to alot of customers. Getting to work from home is a big plus also. A typical day for me is talking to customers on the phone and keying in orders or resolving customer service issues.
Pros
Getting to work from home; 401k, health benefits
Cons
salary cap
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJanuary 25, 2017
A great company with a great coworkers. Management was good chill. People were happy to work and work together. I enjoyed my time working at SanMar. I recommend to anyone looking for a good job with good benefits and great work environment.
First job
Seasonal Picker (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OH 45069January 12, 2017
Being my first job I learned a lot about customer service and was able to apply that to my later jobs. I enjoyed working here as a teenager
Not worth the Headache
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2017
Stay away! They don't treat their employees good! You won't have a home life, you will be at work all the time. They care more about the customer then the employee. You can't Service the customer without employees!! A lot of liars and people that don't know what they are doing. One day it's something and the next it's something else.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, some volunteer time off
Cons
Bad management
Diverse work enviernment.
order picker operator (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Sanmar overall is a decent place to work. I did love how diverse of a workplace it was . The co-workers were always fun. I made friends with everyone even management.
Pros
3 breaks, pto
Cons
Location, pay
Stable place to work
CORPORATE EVENTS & TRADESHOW ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WADecember 16, 2016
SanMar gave me the ability to develop my management skills through the 9 years of employment. They took chances with me and I feel those opportunities helped me become who I am today.

They are happy to promote from within and often will. I think they invest and believe in the people they hire.

I do believe senior management needs to grow and work on ownership of their decisions and not be "yes" men to the owners. That and the low salaries are the only real negatives.
Pros
Work life balance, stable
Cons
Senior mgmt, salaries
Fast paced environment
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 6, 2016
Going to work getting the orders out on time
very fast paced environment
co workers only know about team work
the best part about the job is getting the truck out and loaded on time and at the set times
Pros
fast paced
Good family-oriented company with great culture; behind on tech and advancement.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 20, 2016
SanMar is a great company overall. I've worked there for over 9 years and had 3 different job titles in that time. Their pay advancement is a bit lacking, but most employers are like that - after being at one company so long, you have to leave for a year and come back if you want to get paid what you're actually worth.
Great
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2016
Great place to work. Friendly co workers . Nice money. Easy,fun job . Pick,pack ,ship thats the job great benefits,temps just treated great
Sales and consultation
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 4, 2016
Typical day: Taking phone calls from customers. Placing orders on customer behalf. It was rewarding to offer advise and help the customer make money.

I was assigned several larger customers, helping them win orders and in some cases making millions in a single order. This was rewarding to see a customer that had been marginal in the past, now a major player.

The most enjoyable part of the job was acquiring new business.
Pros
Steady, dependable
Cons
General downturns in the economy. My customers did not have that concern
Great location for self startes
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 1, 2016
At home locations wonderful for a self starter mulit-tsker that can retain the discipline to stay on task. Must be able to manage and help grow a large amounts of accounts as well as be on the general phone lines. Responsibilities will include and are not limited to.
placing orders
taking calls
Resolve order discrepancies
Checking inventory
Checking pricing
Large program requests
Assemble bid packages
Maintain your own delegated in box as well as cover any out of office team mate.
Present marketing tools to help you account grow.
Communicate with outside Territory/Regional management any possible opportunities with our shared accounts.
Credits
Track shipments
Communicate with assigned accounts via Inbound/Outbound/Emails.
Work with team mates to make sure all customers are taken care of.
and more....
Pros
Work from home, save money on work apparel and automotive maintenance, Benefits, able to be home with family when shift is over
Cons
staying in the house all the time, Feeling of disconnect at times, No real person to person communications
Horrible atmosphere. Worst place ive ever worked.
Puller (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHOctober 27, 2016
Favoritism. Racism. Horrible atmosphere.
I have had warehouse experience before , and loved it-the busyness of it and wonderful people I've met.
This place was a shocker. Management did not deal with true issues-workers stealing work from each other, allowing those workers with special tax credits to share work, etc.
Cleanliness was also a problem. We went three days with no soap in the bathrooms.
I wouldn't even work here temporarily.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Atmosphere
One of the best job I had
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 23, 2016
So far, this is my favorite place to work at. I really don't have any stress over my head at this job. Everyone here is very polite and helpful. The work is easy, but its a labor job so you really have to work hard. I do admit that it is easy money, you really dont need any kind of degree to have this job. Its fun to work here. The hardest part of the job is to work during summer time, like every other warehouse, there is no air here so people really don't enjoy that part.
Pros
Free coffee, clean and nice environment, easy money
Cons
Family orientated and fun work environment.
Order Processor (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZOctober 6, 2016
Starting everyday with stretching and discussing our forecast and how our day will turn out to be with co workers and our supervisors. I've learned to work with my co workers by inspiring and helping when they were unfamiliar using vocollect.
Pros
Occasionally the general manager would buy lunch for whole staff.
Cons
Lunch was very short and unpredictable schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SanMar. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval