SanMar

SanMar Employer Reviews

Very Productive & busy. Great family business
RESALE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAAugust 25, 2014
Fast pace. Never a slow time. Time management a must but still able to have good time with team & other departments. I learned about state retail & business licenses. How to apply what each state laws are & was able to bring this information to existing & new customers.
busy work
Restock/Puller (Former Employee), Sparks, NVAugust 20, 2014
never a dull moment i was always busy till it was time to clock out and that is what i enjoy
Nice Company
Forklift Driver (Current Employee), West Chester, OHJuly 29, 2014
Great benefits and nice job to work at. Fast paced and have to be very detailed.
Culture has changed
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAJuly 28, 2014
Nice place to work. Culture is much more different than when I started.
Assigned to SanMar through LaborWorks
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Issaquah WaMay 28, 2014
Pros: no comment
Cons: no comment
I was working through LaborWorks moving trailers at SanMar, most days were only 8 hours
i liked it
processor of customers orders (Current Employee), West Chester, OHMay 26, 2014
processing customers orders to be shipped management was ok co workers was great the hardest part was try too reach the requirement the expected it was 28 lines per hour but they would limit you on customer invoice to reach the requirements so it made it hard to reach most of the co workers was the enjoyable part of the job
Great Place to Work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Sparks, NVMay 16, 2014
Left to join the military but I loved working at SanMar. My coworkers and management were great and it was a great company in general.
Flexible, enjoy work enviorment
Locator/ Recieving (Current Employee), Westchester, OHMay 15, 2014
Sanmar is a very cultural place. There are induviauals from all around the world that is employeed through Sanmar. What i do like about Sanmar is that as you walk through the warehouse there are flags hanging from the ceiling showing many different countries. The coworkers are great.
Fun place to work
Picker (Former Employee), West Chester, OHJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: free coffee, cocoa, and cappuchino every day for all shifts
Cons: walking up three flights of stairs
Shift started at 7PM-3PM. Morning meeting took 5 minutes. I would then pick up invoice from print station, go to back of warehouse and make boes for the number of invoices to be filled, place stickers and color coordinated tape on boes, then begin picking product. After filling that particular set of invoice, I would take to the conveyor and place orders – more... on conveyor to either go to second floor for continued picking, or if order was completely filled by me, I would put my number on the invoice and send directly to the the first floor for packing count and shippment or customer pick-up. Mangement was very courteous and helpful if you had a problem with stock, or any questions.The co-workes were very friendly. The hardest part of the job was doing overtime every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being accurate and getting my lines every day. – less
It is a nice Healthy Business to work for
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Crown Point, INDecember 31, 2013
If I knew of anybody that had any type of psychological sickness I would definitely recommend to them go their to go get checked out.
EXciting
Picker (Former Employee), Robinsville new jerseyDecember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: point system unfair
The training is good and they lead you that the company cares about you but then once you complete training they will forget about you. And the point system is unfair.
Workplace
Restock Clerk (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: family values
Cons: short breaks
A typical day in SanMar is a open family values that bonds people from many ethnic backgrounds together coming to work together. In the work place you will be introduced into a variety of colors and products, while working with many people.
Productive place with great people.
Stocker/Puller (Former Employee), Sparks, NVNovember 6, 2013
Pros: big lunch room, with a lot of microwaves.
SanMar has been my favorite place to work. First i would have to race to be able to get a cart so i can either start stocking or pulling orders. Since a lot of people work there, it was a pain to walk around but it's a fun place.
boring place to work
restock/puller/checker (Former Employee), Sparks, NVOctober 21, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: bad place to work
its hard to tell what the time of day is in there every time i head over i all ways run into the same people that talk about the same thing. and i get the same orders of the same number of shirts at the same place.

it gets really hot inside even though the office is nice and cool like they have the only air conditioner in the whole place.

i keep finding – more... people talking in one spot not doing there work and i tell my supervisor but he wont do anything about it

the bathrooms are gross i find graffiti on the walls and ingraved on the toilet seats – less
Management Needs Better People
Administrative (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: employee benefits
Cons: administration/management
Do yourself a favor and look for work somewhere else where management really cares about their employees.
Fast paced; sociable
picker/puller (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: company lunches
Made you feel like you can grow with the company.
Great opportunities.
Awesome leaders.
Below average
Account Coordinator/Internal services (Former Employee), Issaquah, WAAugust 18, 2013
Pros: truly didn't take work home, easy work, thorough training
Cons: unwilling to treat employees better than average, training phases thorough but very long, tough to advance
Worked as an account coordinator/internal services rep for 1.5 years. It was pretty simple customer service work, occasionally you do get the customers that take their issues out on you over the phone and work through it. Supervisors are available for the most part for questions on different issues. However it took a little over a year for me personally – more... to be able to switch from part time to full time and it had to be a lateral move to another position. While I was being told there is no availability to go full time, new AC's kept being hired which was frustrating. Pay was about average for entry level customer service work in a call center at 13/hr although it's probably more now. Benefits were above average but it took a big chunk out of pay since I was only doing part time hours. Overall, it didn't really seem like senior management cared or knew what employees of the call center floor encountered on a daily basis. They cared about calls, orders keyed, and time spent on the phone more at times rather than employees trying to provide great service which they always preach. I never really felt like I would have been able to climb the ladder in my position because I wasn't doing anything else that would give me the experiences to move into marketing, operations, management, etc. and definitely knew I didn't want to work in a call center taking calls for much longer. It was a good first job but that's all it was, a stepping stone unless you brought other experiences with you where you don't have to be in the call center, you won't accomplish much with SanMar. – less
Very Bad Management
HI Bay (Current Employee), Shakopee MNAugust 6, 2013
Pros: the good people that work hard, supervisor joe
Cons: pay is terrible for the amount of work.
I have worked for SanMar for 6 months now in Minnesota and have never seen such a terrible management team. The turnover is bad and getting worse we have lost already a couple of very valuable people and the moral is very bad. Have been applying for jobs around the area and one interview I had the person in HR states that he has gotten 30 applications – more... from current SanMar employees and that the feedback he is getting is terrible. I wish that people in Corporate could see past the management and the way that emplyees are treated talk to the employees to find out the real problems. They need to hire Supervisors that have experience and know how to treat people with respect. I will be leaving as soon as i can – less
Production Supervisor
SUPERVISOR AND INVENTORY (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2013
Pros: good leadership, great benefits, anyone can be promoted, great diversity
Cons: long days at work, very fast pace
I loved working at SanMar because it was a place where you were given opportunity to grow with the company.. They supplied you good company compensation and benefits. They believed in taking care of their employees and in turn cared for their customers.. It was a well diverse place, allowing you the freedom to learn, grow and meet daily goals... I loved – more... that it was a positive, team oriented environment that was successful meeting their customers needs.

A typical day consisted of daily routines - get the orders picked, packed and shipped on time. With many departments working together, having a goal and a plan of action everyday was a must.

I learned at SanMar how to go from a team member to become a team leader... Leadership was the best quality I took from this company.

The environment at SanMar is one that is fast pace, friendly, and togetherness. Everyone relied on each other to complete daily tasks.

Management was designed to benefit the employee and maintain employee need to develop skilled and knowledgable workers.. Pride and fellowship was encouraged and open door policy was a must.

The hardest part working here was being able to keep up with the demands of the customers.. We housed so many different inventory items and each customer was treated as the only customer..

SanMar expected you to work hard and in return they rewarded and provided you with the best work environment, best management, the best benefits and consistently encouraged a friendly atmosphere. – less
SanMar offers excellent training, open door policy, amazing team work and overall a great place to work
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Issaquah, WAMay 17, 2013
Pros: telecomute options, amazing team environment, supervisor are great and provide constructive feedback
Schedules very depending on the accounts you handle
Weekly 1:1 with Supervisor
Team Feedback
SanMar provides a relaxed but profesional work environment
Fantastic benefits
Advance within

About SanMar

Whether your team makes field goals or financial goals, SanMar wants to help you show your team spirit. TheĀ firm supplies someĀ 1,000 – Read more