Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina-SCI Employer Reviews

Great place to work for single parents & students
WAREHOUSE MATERIALS CLERK (Former Employee), Fountain, COJuly 27, 2014
Pros: flexible hours for single parents & students
Cons: zero focus on retaining or rewarding talented employees
In the years I worked at Sanmina SCI, the plant manager there was really awesome. The company was very accommodating to students, single parents, or parents with military spouses overseas and allowing them to adjust their hours as needed.

While there, I pushed to cross train in every area of the warehouse. Shipping, receiving, inspection, purchasing – more... etc. and became the trainer for all new warehouse employees.

There was always one consistent in the 9+ years I was there though and that was most everyone was laid off just before they reached their 10 year anniversary when all the retirement & other benefits were supposed to kick in. Also, during each layoff the highest paid employees from each department were the first to go and not the employees with the lowest reviews every year. So, retaining the most talented employees was not their focus - just the cheapest labor.

I enjoyed the hours & the fact that I was trusted to work unsupervised all the years that I worked there. I was really disappointed when I was laid off. – less
hetic working enviroment
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJuly 24, 2014
assemble accu-check blood sugar meters

I learned how to assemble products
Not bad
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 5, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: na
The company tends to be a little on the cheap side. Always fighting to get the tools needed to do the job correctly. Their entire focus was n the bottom line instead of the customer.
Over all not a bad place to work, and enjoyed my time there, but would love to find a company that offers an environment where people that work hard are rewarded for that – more... hard work. – less
Poor Facility Management
Expose Lead Person (Former Employee), owego nyJune 3, 2014
Cons: all
SANMINA has gone down hill....this company doesn't know which way they are going. They treat people like disposable razors...use them until no longer usable...toss them out!! it gets busy...bring them back...then again toss them out!!
Rean Northeast Design Center with 16 employees
Sr. Manager Design Services (Former Employee), Salem, NHMay 19, 2014
Pros: great opportunities in that large compnies liked to work with large companies.
Cons: lacked sales support from corporated sales as they were focused on manufacturing revenue.
Was responsible for sales, managing work load, training and operation with financials.
Worked with a great team of engineers
Test Engineer (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 7, 2014
Pros: always new chalenges
Cons: non-technical senior managers runing a highly technical busines
Coordinates functional and ICT test operations for manufacturing
Design Test Interface Electronics
Develop Software for Functional test
Lack of leadership
Operator (Current Employee), Turtle Lake, WIApril 4, 2014
Pros: not many
Cons: lack of leadership
Lack of leadership at plant and corporate levels, forced to take time off in order to make P&L look better
Challenging place with potential growth.
Technician (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2014
In the PC board area your challenged with different situation everyday. I learned how to multitask and disseminate the work load. I also learned the importance of the team structure. I love to resolve numerous issues related to PC boards.
Good People
electronics technician debugging (Former Employee), Huntsville, AlabamaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: lack of work and little advancement opportunities.
Upper middle management does not have their eye on the ball and things get chaotic at times. Upper management is blind to a lot of the issues.
Understaffed company
Program Manager (Current Employee), Fremont, CAJanuary 18, 2014
Company runs on little support. Could use more people. Hoping they're moving in the right direction.
Wonderful people to work with.
AR Collector (Former Employee), Guntersville, ALJanuary 18, 2014
There are several wonderful people that work at Sanmina-SCI. I enjoyed being able to talk people all over the country and some in other countries.
Wonderful place but Unstable.
Quality Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: unstable economics
Wonderful lower level employees. Overpaid micro-managing upper level employees.
Place to be multi tasked
Buyer Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIDecember 9, 2013
a typical day at work is productive learn production and office work
The typical production company - fun & fast moving!
Automated Optical Inspector (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2013
A very diversed working place with different people, race and culture all working well with each other.
Good place to work, even though it was for a temp agency
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2013
Pros: fun place, lots of good people
Cons: temp agency, not getting full time
Working with healthcare equipment, getting to learn new shipping systems and learning new procedures in SAP
Awesome place to work
Buyer Assistant (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 6, 2013
Pros: multi tasking
Cons: no room for advancement
Ensuring on time deliveries, running reports, assisting planners, product management teams - focus teams, production team with any shortages. Working with vendors ensuring cost saving buys and any needed push, pulls or cancels as needed. Entering purchase orders ranging from .01 to sever hundred thousand dollars.

Learn daily from the management team – more... the importance of staying within guidelines getting the job done in serving our end user. In addition the importance of stepping up to help out on the production floor with inventory or end of quarter needs in helping the inventory turns.

Build also strong relationships with internal partners in helping meet our objectives in meeting the end users demands.

The most hardest part of the job is leaving and knowing there is work still to be done.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when its extremely busy - love to multi task! – less
Fun and interesting
Planner (Former Employee), Austin TxAugust 26, 2013
Pros: close to home
Cons: bad benefits
Interacted with customers and internal departments while simultaneously reporting any deviations in original agreement needing to be implemented. Concisely reviewed and created sales order in customer portal in order to schedule order onto internal system using Intuitive system while monitoring and confirming ship date. Seamlessly developed plans and – more... schedules while coordinating and approving release of work orders. Analyzed and quoted incoming PO and reviewed MRP for kit completion prior to build date. – less
A day on the job
Security Officer (Current Employee), Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2013
Pros: the experience to be able to interact with people from all over the world
Cons: no advancements in statis or pay
Overall, a typical day on this job is exciting. There is a lot that is always going on and never a dull moment. I work with very interesting people who are all intelligent. The job really isn't hard and I enjoy having the opportunity to work with and around people from different walks of life.
x
Senior Plating Technician (Former Employee), Derry, NHJuly 18, 2013
Cons: closed door and relocated oversees.
Senior operator and group leaded. Made sure that all equipment was in perfect operating order. Trouble shooting and issues and making sure that were resolved in a timely fashion. Look care of personnel issues and resolved them in accordance with company policy.
Great place to work and grow
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 8, 2013
Started of from CoorsTek Amazing Solution to Sanmina SCI. The job teach me more than I expected. I enjoy working with friendly people and management.

1 2 3 4 5

About Sanmina-SCI

Sanmina (formerly Sanmina-SCI) is a top contract manufacturer of sophisticated electronic components, including printed circuit – Read more