Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Not and overall good place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 23, 2016
I moved to FortMill after the parent company sold this division to Sanmina. It was a big mistake. No advancement, No raises in 3 years.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work
No Sense of Direction - Very Unorganized Work Place.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 21, 2016
Supervisors and managers always look to blame production for their unorganized and poor planning ideas. The floor is full of people who talk badly about your performance and then complain about the effects it has on theirs. It is always a revolving door where there is no stability in the work place because they belittle the new workers, when the problem starts at the top of this corporation. If you do a great job supervisors and management take the credit and give employees a pat on the back. End of quarters are chaos and alot of tension is built up leaving room to be mistreated and great work going unnoticed. They have a "fake it until you make it" policy that is not written or set in stone but is used in secrecy between leaders.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Decieving motives to succeed
Productive, profit driven, control spending
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 13, 2016
The day begins with metric reviews, setting up daily production goals to meet on time delivery schedule. This would be followed by one on one communications with direct reports discussing daily expectations and reviewing any obstacles that may prevent success. After discussions to learn obstacles, I would put in place solutions that would remove the obstacles to ensure an successful day while keeping employee morale positive. The solution would include direct reports input.
Pros
flexible work schedule, business casual environment
Cons
healthcare benefits, limited 401K program
Loyal employee feels betrayed
Production Support Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2016
I am very disappointed with the news that I was fired today. Over the past thirteen years I have been a loyal and dedicated employee. I was almost never late and had no disciplinary violations. In addition, my managers all gave me many nice words of praise-- saying that I was a good employee and a hard worker.

In addition, I have sacrificed my family life for the good of the company- this includes giving up time with them to help the company meet quarter end goals.

Sanima never gave me an employee raise in the last eight years of my employment and this is unfair and regrettable.

I respectfully request that you reconsider your decision to fire me...

Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Unfair decision to fire a loyal emploiyee
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIApril 5, 2016
I am new to the department and have a lot to learn, my boss is very insightful when it comes to passing on the knowledge necessary to perform daily tasks and any other tasks within the dept. The other peers in the dept are willing to help out, some not much help but they try.
Pros
Good pay and benifits
Cons
Not accustom to the daily duties, Under paid for the job
Job security if you have good employee preformance
Account Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 4, 2016
Wonderful people, decent human resource office. benefits are lacking. I feel like they dont put a lot of focus on making their employees happy. but if you find a good boss it is not a bad place to be.
Pros
has a company softball team
Cons
health beneifits are expensive and lacking
Flexible schedule
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2015
Good work environment, Job work/live balance great, Compensation/benefits great, Job Security average. Management was questionable. Job culture was good and can be improved.
Global corporate environment; ability to develop my skills
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 4, 2015
This was the first time ever working for a large global corporate giant. I enjoyed working in such a diversified cultural environment. My supervisor encouraged me to go to college to further my education and develop my skills. The company had great benefits and the hours were average.
Pros
Ability to further my education; learn the ropes of electronic manufacturing
Cons
Pay was not competitive
Sanmina Life
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2015
Sanmina is a great place to start working. Management is great and encourage a positive environment. Continuous improvement and dedication is encouraged. Work and personal life is flexible for short periods of time only. For example, attending a continuing education course where morning attendance is required for longer than 1 month is discouraged. The company does not give Merit Increases and in the time I've worked with this company a salary increase of any type has been small or none at all.
Pros
Great people, good job
Cons
Minimal Salary increases
unsuportive supervisors , and lack of complete , well rounded training.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 11, 2016
While I definitely enjoyed the experience of learning a new position and getting to develop healthy relationships with my coworkers , i also saw a complete lack of experience from my leads and supervisors. There was never any proper training done for any of the new employees such as myself at the time and there was little to no support from supervisors. There was a definite sink or swim mentality there which caused turmoil and unrest within my assigned department leading to lack of communication and a total lack of team work.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
bad working conditions (no air conditioners), no leadership, no employee trainig
Energetic and fast paced enviorment
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 29, 2015
Fun place to work with opportunities to push your self everyday. With friendly staff and management it is easy to make your voice heard and to taken seriously no matter what position you hold.
Pros
Friendly
Cons
advancement can be difficult
SCI Huntsville, Stockroom
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 29, 2016
Terrible place to work. Terrible pay, no opportunity for advancement, terrible management, not to mention the actual "job" part of this job is so screwy and inefficient that you'll be pulling hairs by day 5. If you're happy being sad and cool with being paid just-above minimum wage without opportunity for full-time status with benefits or raises for over 6 months, then work here. But if you're like me and everyone else who is actually sane and has common sense, look elsewhere.
Pros
The cafe makes decent wraps.
Cons
Literally everything else.
Management flexibility
Manufacturing Technician I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 19, 2016
My manager in particular is very flexible, and understanding. However, an employee's desire to learn more and expand skills is limited.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
No room for advancement
Sanmina Corporation
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 1, 2016
In Sanmina I worked at their Fremont plant being an engineering technician. I had a mentor who taught me the basic function and programs I would use to perform my daily duties and once done I was able to help out with the rest of the other department. In being an engineering technician.
Pros
great workforce with a quick thinking staff at hand when problems occur
Material handling warehouse
Material Handler/Auditor (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 21, 2016
Typical day come in and receive all day. Learned nothing. Management was poor. Co workers horrible. Nothing is hard. Nothing enjoyable.
SMT Technician Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALFebruary 3, 2016
This was my 1st job since I came to America. I learn a lot for the 1st time in my life about the work field. I enjoy my time there, stay busy everyday. I learn how to work as a teams, and be parts of an team.
I love my co worker, they help me when I did not understand with my job respond ability.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Poor management
Co-Workers
Data Entry Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 30, 2016
My co-workers at Sanmina, made my work experience extremely memorable and overall fun to work with. I learned an enormous amount of knowledge and experience from working at this establishment that will surely help me in my future endeavors.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Once You Get In Can't Get Out
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 3, 2015
Upper management doesn't seem too concerned about the little people working the manufacturing floor. There have been no raises or merit increases in 5+ years. Employees are increasingly asked to take on more responsibilities without compensation.
little job security; revolving door employee culture
Materials Planner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 22, 2016
Job advertised as full time, and did not state full time contract, so it was assumed it came with benefits;however, when they made the offer was the first time it was know it was contract. It didn't leave a good impression on how the company operated.
Pros
paid well with great beneifts
Cons
revolving door with employees getting dismissed or quitting
Okay Company to work for
Plastic Injections Molding Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIAugust 14, 2016
Job is easy but the communication level to employees is terrible. Took WAY longer than 3 months to be hired on and when they promised me something as a worker, they never came through.
Pros
hours and clean
Cons
communication, pay, and managment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.