Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Worst Supervisors Ever!
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Turtle lake, wiDecember 2, 2016
I worked here for three months, great attendance and production rate, and it seemed the harder people worked the worse they were treated, I have never been nit picked so bad at a job before, I ended up walking out, and I seen this happen to numerous co workers.
Sanmina
Sr Program Management Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, CANovember 21, 2016
Very long challenging days and work load.
People have good Team work concept.
We are under paid and over worked.
Sanmina is an overall stressful company to work for.
Pros
Humble culture
Cons
Sr Manament need some people skills training
Overall good company to work for
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2016
Sanmina is one of the largest printed circuit board manufacturer in the United States. With that said, there is never a dull moment as technology seems to be changing day to day therefore, you are constantly learning.
Electronics Manufacturing
Purchasing Expeditor & Rapid Response (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 26, 2016
I am extremely thankful to have worked for Sanmina. I learned many very valuable lessons that are not taught in a class room. Depending on the quarter, contract, and date of the month, hours could be extremely grueling on staff, but there were always opportunities for more work and cross training. I learned how to work as a team, and how to handle conflict with others. I made life long friends with some of the hardest, and smartest, working people you'll ever meet. The thing I enjoyed most about my job was having some autonomy after spending a few years on the assembly line. I have respect for the people involved in that industry; although, it is not so forgiving to many.
Pros
Promotional Opportunities, Technical Skills, Oppportunity to lead and mentor.
Cons
Very political, low paying, long hours
very friendly work invironment
SMT operator, ICT (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 20, 2016
Work was steady, hours were generous, but the pay in not the best. The HR department would do very little communicating with the line workers. management is hard to get in contact with
Great work environment but pay is not so great
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 16, 2016
This job is a great stepping stone in life but as for a career building company(unless you have a degree) it is not the greatest place to work. The pay is very low considering what you are doing.
Production people treated horribly
Set-up coordinator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYOctober 12, 2016
Supervisors and bosses were the worst!! I was there for 25 years. 86-2011 no raises for my last 12 years....401k match eliminated.....quarterly bonuses stopped after Hadco sold out to Sanmina.....Soooooo much MANDATORY overtime....you were not allowed to have a life....horrible raises unless you are a man...about 25 cents a year......when they used to give them....and that was if you went above and beyond! When you worked the OT, you usually were sent to another dept. because you had no work in your area....but you still had OT!!! So many extremely LAZY people that did not understand what "HOT JOB" meant. Supervisors that walked around talking about fishing and hunting as if that was important...NOT TO ME....NOT IN THE WORKPLACE!!! I stayed because there wasn't much else out there at the time. I have many friends still there, however, so I hear about how nasty it still is.... I am making more money, and SOOOOOO much happier NOT being in that miserable company.
Good workplace
Mechanical Assembler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 4, 2016
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but I didn't see myself personally grow and develop.
Contractor Manufacturing for Semi-Conductor Industry
Sr. Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2016
Centrally controlled from San Jose, CA with local focused management team. My management team was made up of great individuals. Managed multiple shifts which required a lot of overtime and being at work weekends and nights at time.
good place to work
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 31, 2016
This company has been closed for over 15 years. it was a good company to work with and good place to advance in the cell phone world. i really enjoyed working at Ericsson/Sanmina.
Co-Workers
Data Entry Clerk/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXAugust 30, 2016
My co-workers at Sanmina, made my work experience extremely memorable and overall fun to work with. I learned an enormous amount of knowledge and experience from working at this establishment that will surely help me in my future endeavors.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Okay Company to work for
Plastic Injections Molding Operator/Technician (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WIAugust 14, 2016
Job is easy but the communication level to employees is terrible. Took WAY longer than 3 months to be hired on and when they promised me something as a worker, they never came through.
Pros
hours and clean
Cons
communication, pay, and managment
Productive, profit driven, control spending
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 13, 2016
The day begins with metric reviews, setting up daily production goals to meet on time delivery schedule. This would be followed by one on one communications with direct reports discussing daily expectations and reviewing any obstacles that may prevent success. After discussions to learn obstacles, I would put in place solutions that would remove the obstacles to ensure an successful day while keeping employee morale positive. The solution would include direct reports input.
Pros
flexible work schedule, business casual environment
Cons
healthcare benefits, limited 401K program
If you are looking for a future, don't go here
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 11, 2016
Management done as they wanted. They did not go by the handbook. If it didn't benefit them, it was a no. The only good thing about working here was I got paid.
Worked with medicare D clients
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2016
It was fun at times, the issue I had was working on Sunday's being Mormon, this was a huge issue. I felt neglected. I worked for this company for over ten years, enjoy my time.
Pros
Great play to work
Cons
You have to work weekends
Was A fun workplace
WAREHOUSE TEAM LEAD/SHARED TOOLS PROCESSOR (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 2, 2016
I was happy til I found out we was getting the proper raises that every other company in the USA was getting, haven't had a raise in 5 years. Time to move on to another company I can help grow and they help me to grow as well.
Pros
get work atomsphere
Cons
no raises
no room for growth
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 27, 2016
worked very hard for several years and have still been paid the same amount since I started. Some people come in and they show favoritism
No Sense of Direction - Very Unorganized Work Place.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 21, 2016
Supervisors and managers always look to blame production for their unorganized and poor planning ideas. The floor is full of people who talk badly about your performance and then complain about the effects it has on theirs. It is always a revolving door where there is no stability in the work place because they belittle the new workers, when the problem starts at the top of this corporation. If you do a great job supervisors and management take the credit and give employees a pat on the back. End of quarters are chaos and alot of tension is built up leaving room to be mistreated and great work going unnoticed. They have a "fake it until you make it" policy that is not written or set in stone but is used in secrecy between leaders.
Pros
Full time work
Cons
Decieving motives to succeed
Decent place to work
Purchasing Administrator II (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 6, 2016
This is a nice Company to work for.. professional people,fair treatment .. Learned a lot from co-workers and management.
Pros
Barbecue's
Cons
reduced of force
Sanmina Corporation
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 1, 2016
In Sanmina I worked at their Fremont plant being an engineering technician. I had a mentor who taught me the basic function and programs I would use to perform my daily duties and once done I was able to help out with the rest of the other department. In being an engineering technician.
Pros
great workforce with a quick thinking staff at hand when problems occur
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.