Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Lazy management Lack ofwork
Facilities / Purchasing Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2017
Worked 20-30 mins a day on a daily basis. Management is lazy. Very old school style of managing at least in the facilities department. I learned how to kill time doing nothing. Hardest part of the job is getting along with other lazy co-workers. No push or drive.
Pros
long lunches free overtime
Cons
high deductible health care
It was a fun learning environment that kept me on my feet.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work was challenging in a helpful way. Not one day was uneventful in a productive and strategic manner. I learned how to develop new manual skills that taught me how to assemble merchandise and materials for the company. Along with the labor came supportive co workers who dedicated their time to their work but did not budge to help another team member. Nevertheless, the hardest part of my job was challenging obstacles with tools and learning the use of them. Lastly, the most enjoyable part was working in a team fashion and working alone also.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Machine malfunctions
Disgrace to American business
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 15, 2017
This sorry company is laying people off and hiring contractors to fill their positions. The contractors they are hiring already work for the company. No need to apply for any of the positions they advertise.
Typical Mid-Sized CM Services Operations
Another Cog (Former Employee) –  Not HQApril 14, 2017
Worked in Services Division. Short on resources, battling scope creep and customer dissatisfaction. Matching systems functionality to customer demand was difficult, at best.
Pros
Dedicated workforce
Cons
Short sighted Senior management will limit growth
Corrupt management and horrible pay
SMT Machine Operator/Assembly/Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 5, 2017
I had worked myself to death at this place for a little over a year and got a new supervisor who hated me from day one and tried everything she could to get me fired and eventually got me for missed punches and allegedly being over on smt when i wasn't supposed to be except i was TRAINING. All the management cares about are numbers, the employees are really, really bad about drama. It's like being back in high school again, except you're getting paid for it and it's way worse.
Pros
There are no pros, this place will suck the life out of you.
Cons
Literally everything and everyone.
Very large company run by very selective group of people
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 4, 2017
A global company with thousands of employees that is run by a small clique of people. The work environment was very challenging as they did not value work/life balance
Pros
Global company
Cons
no work/life balance
At this point it is not a very employee oriented company
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 3, 2017
They have lost their commitment to the employees. Everyone is just a number and no matter how long they have been here there is no commitment from management.
Pros
Great people work here
Cons
Management need an overhaul
Good place to work at
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 3, 2017
A typical day of work. Check forklift before use to ensure it is safe to use. Pull and count orders to ensure the order is being pulled correctly. and daily house keeping.
Long hours in exchange for more days off
SMT Quality Inspector & Solderer (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 28, 2017
A 12-hour shift Friday night through Sunday night gave me the week off. It was an easy job, but the 3rd shift made it difficult to sleep during the day on the weekends then adjusting to a normal sleep scheduled during the week. Only a 30-min lunch break also made it hard when it was in the evening an not in the middle of the shift. Working there and seeing all the "lazy" people still having a job made my job more difficult as it would require me to pick up the slack. Would i work there again? Yes, but only for a little bit more pay, otherwise, id be one of the lazy employees.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Lazy people, pay, advancement oppertunities
Love
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 26, 2017
Awesome agency to work for. Provides ample amounts of opportunities to advance your career. I have gained various skills here to be successful in my profession and I am very thankful.
The hours are great
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2017
I loved the shift I worked. I would have liked to come in later. My Co-workers were nice for the most part and I learned new things. When I worked overtime I made great money. People are getting way under paid and not becoming full time employees fast enough.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Not enough sales department to support the staff
Program Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 21, 2017
There a short time due to revenue issues and not enough planning with the sales department. Company relied on a new company the was in design and not stable enough to go into NPI and production.
Pros
Wonderful people and all were team players
Cons
Not enough sales suppport to be succesful, shor fall
Machine operator
CLEAN & COAT MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 21, 2017
operating a machine, clean and coat operator. logging in temperature. making sure i'ts accurate according to the procedure.
feed and coating film the copper board. Always inspecting it before moving on to the next one.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
expensive insurance
Productive, enjoyable
QA Technician and Internal Audit (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 21, 2017
I like it at Sanmina. I have made many great friends and the work is very fulfilling for my position. I have been tasked every day with numerous responsibilities and I aim to make sure 100% of them are complete every day.
Close to home. Liked most of the people. Bosses in general were great, just questioned some of the decisions from the higher ups.
AOI Inspector (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMarch 20, 2017
Seemed like they continually took money away from employees. First made us clock out for lunch, lowered shjft premiums.
Overtime sometimes seemed ridiculous, mandatory when volunteers
probably would have been enough.
the co-workers are wonderful people
Numerical Control Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMarch 18, 2017
Sanmina is a very friendly place to work.The people work together to accomplish daily goals,Management does their best to help in resolving any work issues.
Great place to build relationships
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 15, 2017
It is a typical job with quotas and deadlines. You'll be able to learn skills that won't be needed in daily life. Management is horrible. Coworkers are your family, they will look out for you if you allow them to.
Pros
perfect place to gain work experience, family style culture
Cons
short lunch, terrible management
Work was easy and people were easy to work with. Some management team were good to work for but upper management did not have their act together
Fabrication operator (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYMarch 15, 2017
Some days you would be busy and other days there would be nothing to do. At times they would hire people like crazy and then 6 months later they would lay people off
Pros
Work was not hard
Cons
No raises
Easy place to work hard and get ahead.
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 7, 2017
Always fast paced, team oriented and sometimes fun; but when the dollar matters employees sometimes don't. You are expected to go the extra mile and most of the time all you get is a thank you when a raise or better employment conditions are more appropriate.
Pros
There is overtime available when business is good.
Cons
Makes promises that aren't always met or are late in coming.
There is nothing for fun or for play
Lab Technician for PCB Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 3, 2017
In Sanmina there is good workplace culture. They give more chance to learn for different department. I am enjoyed my 10 years in Sanmina.
Pros
Free lunch in Holidays Seasons
Cons
We were allowed personal health leave based on Dr. Document

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.