Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Production on the decline. Three layoffs within the past 6 months.
Final Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 29, 2012
I was very pleased working with production personnel, however, management did not support the needs of the people. As a result, quality suffered and we began to lose several customers who expressed their displeasure with the workmanship of our products. Getting the work out at the nth hour always seem to be their priority rather than addressing the root cause and making whatever corrective actions were necessary. Many of us felt that the potential to achieve defined goals was always there, it just that no goals were ever communicated effectively or made visable. Planning and proper scheduling were factors that were missing.
Cons
no pay raises in the last four years, no recognition for achievements, benefits were not that good.
great place to work
Material Clerk (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 7, 2016
i already review Sanmina sci. When i started at Sanmina sci i was a assembler and when they close the plant i was in Inspection of arriving parts. i enjoy my job. coworker and i got along real good.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
they close plant move it over seas.
I enjoyed working there alot. The only problem I had was with the temporary service.
Floor Tech (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 4, 2012
I was working for Sanmina SCI for 10 months through a temp service. I was working second shift with one other fellow, doing floor maintenance work. I didn't rate compensation, job security or work life balance because being under the temp service, I didn't have those perks yet. My colleague I was working with did and they seemed fine but I'm not able to have an opinion on those 3 elements.

Another note, my supervisor at the time listened to problems or suggestions. It was an all around good place to work. The only reason I left was because of still being a temporary after almost a year. I wasn't getting any benefits or any perks because of being with the temp service. The only thing positive still being temp was getting paid every week where-as permanents was paid bi-weekly.
Pros
enjoyable supervisors, co-workers and job.
Cons
few workers in other shifts were slackers. main con was working for the temp service.
see below
Buyer/Planner (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 19, 2016
Good company overall to work for. Hard working co-workers that are dedicated to getting the job done. I enjoy working with the suppliers, my goal is to develop a strong working relationship with them that will yield the best results. The down side of the job is being micro managed to the point of loss time and nonproductive meetings.
Pros
Good hard working associates
Cons
Micro managing
Easy going and helpful work environment
Administrative Support- Production Control (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYFebruary 20, 2016
Everyone is very helpful. Its a very easy going work environment. Its very detail oriented and fast paced. Management is always willing to show you how things need to be done.
Excellent source of experience
Expense Analyst (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 20, 2016
My daily responsibilities are auditing expense reports, creating and running reports from BI, direct interaction between employees and other departments for any type of troubleshooting or information.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks and lunches
Busy
Stock Room Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 14, 2012
High paced work in the stock room. I pick parts to send to the floor where they put them on circuit boards to make various products. I also unload trucks, delivery jobs to floor, use a floor jack to put skids away.

Management is always fair with us an sticks up for us in anyway they can. My co-works are pleasant and very helpful.

The hardest part of the job is balancing all my responsibilities and to pick the jobs fast as we are expected to.

I really enjoy the ability to move around the plant doing various tasks for my supervisor. I like the fact that I do a variety of things every day and the job does not become boring.
Pros
1/2 hour lunch
Cons
short breaks, barely any raises
friendly envoriment
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 24, 2016
Staring the shift, prepering the wip for the shoopfloor end ensure the work is flowing smood and good.
I start as a mchine operator and lern a lot after the years. From machine operator I went up to lead and area sertificate person
Great Place to Work & Grow
Shipping Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Owego, NYNovember 4, 2015
High Speed - Lean Work Force allows for constant advancement. Must be a driven individual to exceed and fit the team environment.
Pros
Management is top notch.
Cons
Squeaky wheels continually get greased.
very monotinous
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYFebruary 10, 2016
Management does not listen to floor workers to keep the flow of work going properly.Doesn't have proper materials and chemicals to get job done.
Pros
good work hours
Cons
unfair treatment of workers
productive no room for advancement
ATS machine operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 15, 2016
This company very rarely hires full time employees There are a few perks from time to time to keep the employees at bay so to speak. This is just a place to work if you need employment.
Pros
free turkeys for Thanksgiving
Cons
you can be a temporary employee for 1 to 3 yrs before being offered full time employment
Good workplace -- good people
A/R Analyst/Collector (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALMay 10, 2012
A/R analysis, coding A/R accounts, emailing customers and plant personnel re past due amounts. Usually 4 employees in each office room. Moved to large building later and had cubicles and plenty of space. Some meetings with customers very enjoyable. I had opportunity to travel to their Montreal plant for successful collection efforts. Excellent co-workers and management.
Pros
clean work environment, large break area
Cons
raises rare despite good performance/good reviews.
Very poor company
Test Technician- Perform (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCApril 26, 2012
This company enjoys having dog and pony shows. When our one and only customer comes in to visit the company puts on a good show. Afterwards its back to underhandedness and doing their best to make work harder than it should be. Management is only concern for their pockets and not doing the right thing.
My co-workers have a great deal of knowledge about electronics and medical equipment. All are willing to help and share their knowledge.
Cons
cutting back on benefits
no raises for the last 6 years. no compensation for working hard
current employee (Current Employee) –  owego, nyOctober 8, 2013
This company leads you to believe everything I'd going well before you're hired. The division is failing and hasn't made profit in years. No raises for hourly employees in the last 6 years. And it doesn't matter how hard you work. It's who you know. Poor employee morale and even worst management. Would not work here unless it's your only option
Pros
easy going work environment
Cons
ridiculous insurance rates with high demands, no raises
A very good company to work for.
Documentation Clerk (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 7, 2015
Accurate typing, filing and data entry.
Audited, edited and entered bills of materials (BOM) on VISIBILITY and ORACLE database.
Interpret and memorize electronic components’ part nomenclature.
Curator of 100’s of manufactures’ catalogs for hardware and electronic components.
Retrieved data sheets/purchase specs. Via the INTERNET.
Created and updated forms on MICROSOFT WORD.
Requested documentation from vendors and program managers using MICROSOFT OUTLOOK
Provided support to various engineering departments.
Adjusted costs and lead times of parts for purchasing department.
Cross-trained to support assembly on the manufacturing floor. (5SI, ESD safe area)
Reproduced prints on Xerox 2515 and troubleshoot office copiers.
Expedited engineering change orders (ECO) for sign-off.
Ordered office supplies and maintained office equipment.
Good communication, analytical, and technical skills.
Pros
Free lunches and 1.00 hour raise
Cons
Sales had fallen
Great Coworkers!
Systems Engineer/DOORS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 6, 2013
At SSCI, my coworkers are great. Upon my employment here, I was able to work in several areas and learn many things. The only issues I have at this time are my current workload and changed flexibility. My workload has really decreased due to lack of new contracts within the company. With average layoffs happening once a year, this does not give me a comfortable feeling. Also, with new policies in place, flexibility is not as good as it used to be as well. The hardest part of my job is not being able to feel utilized like I used to. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people and encouragement you constantly receive from coworkers and management.
Pros
Many opportunities to learn new things in a different engineering discipline
Cons
Healthcare, flexibility, competitive pay scale
Good place to start and gain experience
Warehouse Clerk/ Driver (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 2, 2012
my work experience at Sanmina-Sci. was fair. I enjoyed most days at work and i got along with most of my co-workers. I started working at a pretty good wage there but as time whent by they kept giving me more work and more pressure and the wages stayed the same. Also i would be forced sumtimes to work double time and i would get in trouble for doing so and sometimes i would not even get paid my double time. My main shift was mornig but sumtimes i would work alot of times swing shift, but what bummed me out the most was that my job would always get done and i busted my back every day so at the end they took out my 5% differential because i supposely was not working swing shift no more even when i was still doing so at least once or twice a week.
Pros
friendly place, with alot of hardworking and honest people
Cons
very hard work for low salaries, no raises at all, no future for advancing at all.
Not a great place for growth
AOI/DFI Operator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 15, 2014
Not a great place to work at no advancement opportunities and no raises even if you've been there 10 yrs probably not making more then 11-12 dollars same as someone new that would start at 10 dollars. they don't appreciate their employees or give anything back. they love to push them for numbers when they need to get jobs moved but as soon as there's no work they start laying off I've been there 5 yrs started at 10.50 in swing shift and now 5 yrs later im only making 11.50 i have only received one raise in 5 yrs that speaks for itself! and i'am a great worker this place sucks and they have meeting all the time saying we need to improve but we area great team and every time raises are questioned they don't have anything to say ..don't recommend this place at all I've been looking for a new job..
Contract manufacturer/ Global logistics support
Purchasing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 16, 2015
Global contract manufacturer who has branched out into multi-customer repair service and logistics support.
Must be able to multi-task in this fast paced environment.
Pros
Business is growing, which gives a sense of job security. Great people to work with.
Cons
Mediocre healthcare and 401K plans. But good to have.
Sweat shop rating
Sr.production worker (Former Employee) –  Owego, NYSeptember 30, 2015
Expect you to work all kinds of OT , weekends , holiday's , they do not like giving pay you a raise. they have a history of lay offs (on family life)