Sanmina Corporation Employee Reviews

Great place
Set-up Operator (Former Employee) –  Turtle Lake, WISeptember 7, 2017
Great place to work. I was able to work myself from operator to set up in the time I was there. Very fast pace and challenging work environment, would not recommend it for anyone that doesn't like to work.
Balance and competitive
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 5, 2017
Working with Sanmina is a good place to start. Give trainings, and benefits. Good working environment and good people working with. Equal treatment in each worker.
Pros
with benefits
Do not pay employees enough
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 5, 2017
The overtime alone was grueling, but add in the fact that the pay was terrible. Management changed so much I never knew who was my actually my boss. I never really had a chance to spend time with my family because of the constant overtime.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fast Paced Manufacturing Environment
Project Manager, Medical (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Very high level of daily activity and customer contact, with a wide assortment of customers. Sanmina has a good reputation in the Medical Manufacturing industry.
Really need to do some changing here.
Coast Temp. Service (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 4, 2017
I liked my job as a Quality Inspector. But their structure and foundation is not good. When the Plant Manager tells everybody in the meeting the same thing, you know there's problems. Hardest part of the job was having to give out OBA's and people talk to you any kind of way and you really can't say much about it. There's way to much favoritism and that causes a lot of problems between the employees. We have not had a Supervisor since March 2017. The one that just started is the 6th one. We can't keep Quality people in
the Quality Control department. People that work in Quality we have to take a lot of issue off other people. There are really good people that do work there, but this place is nothing but a revolving door. People leave faster than you can hire them.
Pros
They have a really good cafeteria and do meet a lot of different people
Cons
Most of the time they working 6 days a week 12 hours a day
not recommended
Smt Technician (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 26, 2017
If your young or in college it is a good place to get training and get out. Good and hard working people go anywhere from 8-15 years without raises. Plant vp says 70% of people in shift meeting got raises last year. He is out of touch with reality. It's all about politics and who you know.
The Hardest Part Of The Job
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 25, 2017
The Hardest Thing About The Job Is Trying To Stay Awake The Work Is Real Easy And Simple TO Do But When You Have Nothing to Do It Gets Boring Real Quick But Other Then That It Was A Easy Job Just Long Hours And Not A Good Pay For The Work You Do
They keep you in the same position, forever.
Accounts Payable/Data Entry/Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Guntersville, ALAugust 25, 2017
After 5 years of trying to move up in the ranks, I never did.
I was moved around from one department to another but never moved up.
I was recommended for advancement twice but never moved.
Pros
Steady
Cons
Nowhere to go.
same as last
Process Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Fountain, COAugust 23, 2017
I found the work fun and I was always interested in what we would be doing next. I liked all my Managers and Supervisors. I found the employees fun and engaging. We always shared information on the jobs to better each other.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
not easy to advance, pay scale was on the low end
Poor
SMT Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2017
Just another job. No Room For Advancement.Favortism Is OVER
WHELMING. PEOPLE WORKING THERE Afraid To Speak Up. Inexperienced Supervisors. Workers Are Nonessentials.
Benefits
Cons
Favortism Is Rampant
good place to work
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 17, 2017
All good there could be more interaction between management the day is very exciting as being in maintenance there is a new challenge every day which give a felling of completion.
Pros
lunches 1/4
Cons
health care increases
A place for challenge
RF Test Technician (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 17, 2017
There is no friendly and good working environment. The management rarely to show the friendly to you or encourage you in working or assignment. This is no a good place for you to challenge yourself.
Pros
No comments
Cons
No comments
just a stopgap
Hand solder and touch up PCBA (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXAugust 13, 2017
This job only fulfilled my need for an occupation, the compensation was low, but the work was non stressful, and the hours were fair. The benefits weren't very accommodating.
Pros
it was a job
Cons
compensation
Lead test technician
Lead Production Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXAugust 11, 2017
No opportunity for growth. Sweat shop type work. Very routine assembly line type work. Pay is not good and management could care less about the employees.
Pros
Easy
Cons
No growth
Subpar manufacturing plant
Human Resources Employment Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 10, 2017
I did thoroughly enjoy my position within Sanmina/SCI as a Human Resources Employment Representative but the leadership in most areas of the plant is lacking and many of their processes are not up to par. Zero job security.
Difficult place to work and not a good environment
Purchasing and Material Planning Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fountain ColoradoAugust 9, 2017
This company is very fast paced and has very demanding and unrealistic expectations of their employees. Upper management managed by fear and pressure. Would not recommend this company.
Pros
Benefits and pay were competitive for the industry and location
Cons
Stressful environment and unfriendly culture
stressful project deadlines
Documents Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAAugust 6, 2017
had a good boss and a great department coworkers. project deadlines were sometimes unbelievably impossible. working from home was the only way to get caught up
One Of Those Stand out Companies
IT Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 6, 2017
This was definitely a great company to work for. Excellent IT management and a great IT team to work with. You could always count on support from other IT team members when needing to collaborate and troubleshooting issues. The local group of end users were also great bunch of people to work with. I hated leaving this company, but was moved to another company due to divestiture.
Pros
You could always count on being compensated, Rewarded for your hard work through wage increases and bonuses
Cons
To many meetings
building computer switch boards
Machine Assembler (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 4, 2017
building and soldering computer part while test for acuracy. Worked the assembly line building computers, Logged down times and serial numbers of each and every computer built for inspection.
Pros
overtime
Cons
low wages
Nice place to work
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  OntarioAugust 3, 2017
Overall it is a great environment to work in. My team was particularly result oriented and always exceeded expectation in any given task. I am only seeking for other adventures because of my family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sanmina Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.