sanofi-aventis U.S. Employee Reviews

Great working environment
Clinical Project Associate 3 (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 9, 2015
• Follow up with sites to ensure reception of pre-study package and collect IRB meeting date
• Collect and coordinate completion of study documents, lab specimen labels and other requirements
• Track IRB approvals and all documentation required for site start-up
• Request and verify translation of site-specific ICF
• Ensure site creation into data management databases
• Order central lab supplies and other study supplies
• Update key dates and study team roster in study management databases
• Obtain Regional Director Signature and process initial drug shipment request
• Preparation and review of presentations to be used for the initiation visit
• Prepare scientific study tools (study coordinator handbooks, visit schedules, dose calculator, etc.) upon needs
• Provide regular status updates to the team
• Run enrollment reports
• Proactively monitor enrollment and address drug supply issues
• Track status of study documents
• Ensure that site communications are sent and received by Records Management (in coordination with study file management team as appropriate)
• Support site audits (file management)
• Interact with sites, clinical team, CRAs and other study team personnel to resolve issues with study documents including missing documents, incomplete documents, misfiled documents, etc.
• Investigator Contracting/ Site Budgets/ Payments
• Track and reconcile payments
• Reconcile and ensure all final study documents are correctly filed in electronic repository
• Respond to all inquiries or concerns coming from team members in a timely fashion
• Ensure back-up
  more... for studies
• Communicate tracking update of performed duties regularly to team members
• Read and respond diligently to internal and external correspondence
• Submit all required reports duly completed and on time
• Make certain that all confidential information is handled as per company SOPs
Productive and great employees
General Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMay 4, 2015
Worked great as a team to stay productive. Placed thousands of orders a week. We had the ability to manage ourselves and work independently as well. At the end of the day we simply had to make sure every order was processed and our work environment was stocked, cleaned, and shut down. Our supervisors were very professional but knew how to make us employees have a great time. They always maintained positive attitudes and if someone had a question they were not sure of the answer, they would do everything they could to find the answer for them. The hardest part of the job was pacing yourself just enough to where you could work fast and efficiently, but so much that you never made a mistake. Making mistakes with this job meant that veterinary clinics and hospitals all over the U.S. would go without either the correct amount of product or the wrong vaccine in general. Thus, thousands of animals and humans all over would go without that vaccination. I learned a lot in the warehouse field and gained knowledge of shipping. My memory is more advanced now. I know how to write labels for product and send it out. The learning never stopped while I was there. The employees in general are amazing. I never felt like I was at a job; it felt like I was just hanging out with a bunch of friends placing and shipping. At Sanofi, you don't have employees; you have a family!
Pros
great employees, had a lunch lounge
Cons
was employeed through a temp agency for over a year, wanted to make more money
Productive workplace with strong core values and caring about the health of others.
Clinical Project Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 4, 2014
Sanofi is a very nice culturally diverse atmosphere. A typical day at work consist of but not limited to calling the investigation sites to insure the Principle investigator's have the supplies and tools to perform their job with the case studies. Tracking data is a very important part of the job, as well as paying vender and PI. Furthermore, you will be collecting an filling regulatory documents to insure the clinical file are audit ready.. Within sanofi depending what project you are working on, you have the ability to learn about Internal Medicine, Cardio, diabetes, central nervous system many more. You will find your co-worker are a joy to work with, many share as mentors and easily sharing imperative information with you as need. The hardest part of the job could be speaking with someone international on the phone due to communication/ language barrier. The most enjoyable part of the job is the flexible in work schedule.
Pros
bright and beautiful lunch facilities
Cons
flexiblity
typical day
Senior Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 7, 2016
Leave home by 7 am to get to first clinic by 8 usually not able to get in to see anyone. Very difficult access in the territory that I work in. Try to see 8-10 customers per day.

I do have amazing co workers and they are very helpful and courteous to work with.

The IT department at Sanofi is the most difficult part of my job, the systems there are very old and outdated. You have to go to so many different websites with different passwords to get anything accomplished. Very time consuming.

This company is very much into "Trackers" they track data weekly that is already being tracked via your iPad, it is just a bunch of extra work and totally unnecessary.

I do really enjoy the product that I promote and am ranked very well in my territory especially for the limited access.
Pros
really enjoy sales and the customers that I do get to see.
Cons
IT issues would be the worst and the micromanaging.
It was a pleasure and honor to work at Sanof-Aventis Pharmaceuticals.
Administrative Assistant II (Contractor Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 7, 2013
Sanofi offered me a part time Administrative Assistant II position to work with 3 Sr. Directors in the North America Communications department and reporting to the Executive Associate.

I was able to further enhance my administrative skills and was able to utilize my experience with Concur (Cliqbook and eGate). I managed challenging schedules and scheduled both internal and external appointments. I did extensive domestic and international travel arrangements along with the logistics of rental cars, car services and hotel arrangements. Registered managers for extensive off-site meetings. Scanned, photo-copies documents and processed agreements with outside clients.

This was an excellent experience for me both personally and professionally.
I like the actual job
Production worker temp (Current Employee) –  Arnold MOApril 6, 2014
I actually temp at the facility in Arnold MO. Yea unfortunately they don"t actually hire to much and you have to kiss their backside to even get a position (something that I am not willing to do). The actual job itself is wonderful. You learn a lot about the packaging industry. Not because they actually train you though. You are mostly tossed on a machine you have no idea how to work and given a real bad crash course. Most of the Full Time staff have the most obnoxious attitudes. The boss whose name I will not mention is the absolute biggest jerk ever. He is hated by both the full time staff and the temps. He walks around as if he is larger than life. You speak to him and he just looks and walks away. To sum things up... I do love the job but I absolutely hate most of the people up there
Pros
the temps, learning new things
Cons
to much to explain here
A QUITE GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJOctober 24, 2013
A typical day at work involes meetings during the morning hours after which I get to do the rest of my work individually. I have learned a lot from toxicology to general regulatory affairs as well as clinical studies.

Management style is okay but there is room forimprovement.

The difficult part of the job is that being a global company we interact with people all over the world. As such working around deadlines with folks in other countries is quite challenging but otherwise the people are generally nice and pleasant to work with.

I enjoy my role as a toxicologist when I have to make decisions regarding safety issues and make recommendations regarding safety monitoring.
Pros
there is a lot to learn at sanofi.
Cons
communication within departments could be challenging.
QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJFebruary 13, 2014
➢ Involved in Business analysis and requirements gathering.
➢ssisted in creating fact and dimension tabAle implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
➢ Wrote Test plans, Test cases, executed Test cases for SQL/backend test and tracked defects in Quality Center based on the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Business Workflows
➢ Assisted in creating fact and dimension table implementation in Star Schema model based on requirements.
➢ Extensively used Informatica Debugger for testing the mapping logic during Unit Testing. Performed unit testing, integrated testing and validated results with Business Analyst and/or
Diabetes Specialty Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Winchester, Va / Washington, DC RegionJuly 15, 2014
Great place to work. Excellent benefits and wonderful co-workers. The job culture has changed many times through out my tenure with the company which was mostly positive. I've had the pleasure to work with several managers who lead by example, empowered their team to run individual territories as an entrepreneur, provided support with any resources needed to pull through initiatives, focused on development, and motivated individuals with recognition for innovative ideas as well as exceeding expectations.
Pros
great benefits, culture, and management
Cons
job experience whether positive or negative correlates to immediate supervisor
Productive Fun and Challenging
Trade Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 6, 2015
Customer Support/Trade Support Team
Utilizing SAP by processing orders, answering calls as well as running various reports. Providing customers with order confirmations, credit memo information, tracking information for orders processed, material availability, pricing and general account information. Taking inbound calls from consumers as well as making outbound calls if necessary and properly transferring consumers to the appropriate department. Following up with customers promptly via email, phone or fax to ensure that their experience has been superb.
Pros
Great Work Environment
Cons
Contractors are not treated well

Want to know more about sanofi-aventis U.S.?

Ask a question
Good Company, but biased to French Culture and Younger Employees
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 4, 2015
The company is great to work for, really nice people, but minimal interaction with management, too many contractors that don't have the opportunity to go perm, they keep pulling other internal staff into positions, and very biased to bringing in French and very young staff in the 24 - 34 age market due primarily to a lower salary. Their CEO had to be French because they fired the last one that wasn't French enough.

Amenities of company is good and the people overall are nice.
Pros
company amenities, gym, credit union, good benefits
Cons
too biased with bringing in more French employees, and younger employees
Culture and management complicit and dishonest
Executive Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJAugust 16, 2015
Just a large french company that speaks a lot about compliance and ethics etc but it is all to cover their tails. What they really want it to do whatever it takes but dont get caught.
Sales models and launch capabilities poor, dated. They are grasping for staws with so many patents lost and products that everyone else has for the MOST part. Health Care Professionals do not have the time or inclination to split hairs. The end user wants two things; efficacy (OK, maybe safety) and cost.
A lot of sleezy people there.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
your emotional health and any feeling of job satisfaction
Great company to work for with great benefits.
Facility supervisor/Lead Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater NJMay 29, 2013
The start of the day was 7 A.M. by 7:30 animals would arrive, I would deliver 60-95 creats of animals to 3 floors so the technicians could housed the animals. Meet with researchers to ensure their need for animals were met for the following week. Placed all animal orders in the Animal Management System. Contacted all animal vendors to place new orders. Attended regular weekly meeting for facility operations. Working with my co-workers were the best in the nation. Everyone pulll togather as a team.
Pros
great vacation and bonus package
Cons
lack of product pipe line
A great company immersed in great change
US Regional Operations Head (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 26, 2012
Sanofi has been going through significant strategic changes (especially within R&D). In the United States, the recent moving of scientific and support people to the greater Boston area and subsequent site closings in Great Valley and Bridgewater has taken the optimism and spirit that made the organization an enjoyable community.

No doubt in 3 years when the dust settles things will turn upward but until then it is a Metropolis-type place to work.
Pros
global cultural experience
Cons
no passion, head-down-and-keep-working mentality
Sanofi is a nice place to work but they don't hire perm
assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 11, 2015
Sanofi is a great company to work for. The culture here is like no other. Many French employees, but overall, a nice environment to work in. The campus is nice, and there are many amenities to working here. I love it. The negative is they rarely hire Permanent employees. Most of the Bridgewater, NJ site contains many contractors, nearly 950 contractors.
Pros
too many to mention gym, medical doctors, big cafeteria, walgreens
Cons
too many contractors, company doesn't always give contractor's perm jobs. a bit cheap
Love working here due to the people and my direct Managers
Executive Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAFebruary 11, 2013
Sanofi is a great company to work for, my only problem here is the processes. I don't understand how a company so large that does so many great things has so much trouble with IT and Programs. I feel if it were not for these I would stay here forever. I am very fortunate to have a boss and group of people that I work for that I love! They are just like family!
Pros
atmosphere, co-workers, what we do to help people with illness. sanofi is a very compassionate company.
Cons
processes
Great Company that is dedicated to improving patients' lives by providing quality product.
Senior Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 21, 2014
Fast paced manufacturing plant where management and employee focus is driven by quality and process improvement. Timelines and demand can be challenging but it is rewarding knowing we are improving our patients lives by our products. This company provided me with vast knowledge and experience in aseptic manufacturing, quality and training compliance in GMP facility.
Pros
co-workers
Independent work environment.
Drug Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 12, 2012
Genzyme (Sanofi company) is a wonderful place to work. Employees are given a good amount of independence and have the opportunity to work from home two days a week. Co-workers are friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job is that, since being acquired by Sanofi, job security has become a big issue. Aside from the job security concerns, Genzyme is the best company that I have ever worked for.
Pros
independence, work from home options
Cons
lack of job security
Enjoyed working for this company..
Distribution Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Forest Park, GADecember 21, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company, but the people that were in management were not management material. They were not trained properly and they were not held accountable for the thing that they did and did not do as managers. If you did not dance by their music, you were harassed and retaliated against. When you report to HR the miss-treatment the retaliation and harassment just got worse.
Pros
Great Compensation and Benifits
Cons
Poor Management
Could be a great company
Regional Sales Manager/District Manager (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJNovember 4, 2014
The people are great the culture is ok. Struggling as an organization to figure out what kind of culture to have.

Upper management more concerned with metrics than actually allowing sales people to do the right thing with their customers. Big pharma mentality, does not matter the quality of the sale call but rather how many time that customer has been called on in a half year.
Pros
people, 401k
Cons
big pharma mentality

4.2