Sansum Clinic Employee Reviews in United States

Excellent company
Branch Manager - Two locations concurrently (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 30, 2015
I started my career there in Medical Records Dept. Stayed with the company for 15 years moving up with in the company. Supervisor to Management. I managed 2 different Family Practice Offices. 40 staff with 10 Physicians. Excellent company to work for. Sorry I left and moved away.
productive and full filling
MSC (Former Employee) –  Lompoc, CAJune 12, 2012
I immensely enjoyed working at the Sansum clinic. I love helping people so that part of the job was enjoyable for me. The management was very professional and helpful. They were on to of things, which i thought was a good example for the staff.i learned alot, and advanced in the company. Overall working at the Sansum clinic was satisfying.
Pros
benefits, room for advancement
Cons
commuting to sb.
Great employer with room for advancement
Urgent Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 27, 2015
Worked as staff nurse in Urgent Care. Love being giving opportunities to advance to lead nurse RN for family practice and help to start a triage office for 10 members internal medicine group.
Okay place to work at no room for moving up
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara CaJuly 21, 2014
Checking patients in and out all day making appointments for patients taking messages maintaining all paper work necessary for the day scheduling procedures as necessary and working with Dr's schedules every day, management was a bit up and down and times co-workers came and went all the time looking for something different, hardest part of the job was having to call patients at the last minute to tell them the appointment was cancelled due to Dr not being in office that was not easy or was it fun patients would wait along time for the appointment then I would have to call and reschedule or cancel appointment, interacting with patients was the best part
Pros
free lunches from drug reps, and having friday afternoon off
Cons
not good management
Good place to gain experience in the medical field.
Data Entry & Preregistration Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 22, 2015
Mostly an office kind of setting. I gained lots of experience in billing, data entry and correspondence. Great place to work at if your a fast learner and want to get your foot in the medical field.
Pros
Gaining lots of knowledge.
Cons
coffee
Long time work
INS Biller/ Pre-Registration Rep (Current Employee) –  CorporateOctober 9, 2014
I would love to stay but advancement isn't really possible.
Pros
so much work, you are always needed!
Cons
training isn't always adequate.
Great place to work and excel in the medical profession.
Medical Assistant/Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Patient assessments, various office procedures, phone triage, relaying patient results over the phone. Vital signs, patient communication.

So many learning opportunities: Became an EEG tech, how to prepare for sterile in office surgeries. How to communicate with patients and co-workers.

Learned how to manage a busy day and get things done thoroughly.

Great working relationships, helpful and friendly.

The commute.

Patient care, friendly atmosphere. Having the opportunity to work with doctors in different specialties.
Pros
opportunity for learning, progressing advancing in the medical field
Cons
can't think of any..
A nightmare!
Database System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 6, 2012
The group (I/T) I worked in was very cliquey and some co-workers extremely LOUD in the cubicles!. Extremely so. My manager (D. Wade) was not supportive at all! He had broken his leg during my tenure and later blamed me for not "keeping up" on he software they hired me for although I didn't have that background. He said at one point that my UNIX skills were low, Since leaving, I achieved a certification in UNIX/LINUX so that was bogus. He tried to get me to quit one week before CHRISTMAS! Which I flat out refused. He didn't include me with the other co-worker men, so I was kept out of doing work I could have very well performed (Windows Admin, etc). I was on a project to complete a database for another group, they were throwing changes at me left and right, of course it took time, he said he was OK with things in the meeting but undermined me behind my back.. After I refused to QUIT, they laid me off the following March due to "financial issues they had". He tried to block me from interviewing at the local Cottage Hospital. Overall, a complete nightmare!
Very exciting because each day was always un-predictable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, caMarch 26, 2014
I worked directly under the main Medical Assistant, she was very helpful by always explaining things in ways anyone could understand. She had a very loving and caring nature and I admired her work ethic. Each work day was different but duties varied from setting up appointments, assisting back office procedures, inputting patient information, and making everyone in our office feel comfortable with prompt, efficient and cheerful assistance.
Pros
my supervisor's willingness to educate everyone who wanted to learn.
Cons
getting attached to patients.
Fun and challenging place to learn something new.
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed going to work knowing I was going to see our regular patients and meeting new patients. My job gave me the opportuniy to learn alot about patients insurances. My job was very multi task, ansewring phones, arrriving patients,scheduling appointments for them and also working with therapist I was very busy but I enjoyed my job alot because it was very challenging for me. My co-workers were very good to work with as they made my job very plesantful.
Pros
knowing i was going to see patients.
Cons
at the time gas prices were very high and made the commute very expensive.
Position
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Solvang, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Unfortunately they closed the position I held. But other than that it was a great place to work. Everyone got along and we all worked together like a family. If anyone had a question or concern we were able to work together to overcome it.
Positive and fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 10, 2014
Sansum Clinic is a great place to work. A typical day for myself included assisting the doctors with patient exams and scribing patient visit details. This was a very fast paced environment with usually 90 plus patients a day. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was getting work done in an efficient and timely manner. I enjoy working in busy settings.
Pros
fast paced, friendly staff, professional setting
Not everything is as it's seems
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 2, 2012
Sometimes the employee is right. I have to say that the training is exceptional during orientation. The hardest part of the job is being the new person.
Pros
still thinking on this
Cons
unfair treatment of employee
loved assisting the doctors with minor surgeries
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 4, 2012
fun work place
nice people
managment was really good
hardest part of the job was the drive
Pros
free lunches from reps
Cons
healthcare
Great staff
Extern - Radiology (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CaJune 19, 2013
Extern – Radiology – Fast paced site performing a variety of radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations using modern equipment.

Sansum Clinic Reviews by Location