Sansum Clinic Employee Reviews

NO support from 'lead' RN , supervisor or HR
REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 24, 2017
This job was flexible for days and hours worked, however the 'lead' RN was the most UNPROFESSIONAL person I have ever worked for and the supervisor did not care. Human Resources did not care about unequal workloads. basically, no one cared, no support. This is not the job for you unless you can handle a great deal of frustration and not let it bother you. If you enjoy working for unsupportive supervisors, this is the place for you.
Cons
Unprofessional/no support
A lot of work
administration (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 31, 2017
this is a great place to learn. Management is quick to determine your strengths and place the staff in the right positions. Seemed like there was not enough time to do the jobs properly.
Pros
Great People
Cons
work volume
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 19, 2017
Very busy but keeps you engaged. Company is flexible with schedules and able to work with you on your schedule. Friendly coworkers. Management is trustworthy.
Good
Medical Services Coordinator WC (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 30, 2017
Great place to work at excellent benefits good communication. The community is very calm and management takes good care of employees needs. The clinic is very busy overall it is a fairly new building very modern, cafe on-site with good discounts for employees. Full technical assistance.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Parking
Excellent Orientation
Triage Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 5, 2017
Staff very supportive and happy to provide direction and assistance while being oriented. Interested in making the organization "the best place to work because we cared for each other and that is best for the patients."
Pros
Busy pace to each day.
Cons
Building under construction.
Workplace culture was a must
RN (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 30, 2017
I learned a tremendous amount about different departments within Sansum clinic including, urgent care, pediatrics, workers compensation and the teamwork it required to be a part of the clinical team to provide for healthcare to our patients.
Not Happy
Medical Insurance Biller (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 19, 2017
No chance of moving up, and work like a dog! The culture is just disgusting and very hostel. If you got to HR to help chang for the better of the company HR will advise you to look for another job.
Professional environment
Medical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Great place to work. People are professional and caring. I really enjoyed my time at Sansum Clinic. Physicians and staff are caring. I learned a lot about the health care system during my time at Sansum Clinic.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Busy and fast passed work environment
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 30, 2016
Great job opportunity with great benefits. Mornings begin slow but tend to bro me busy by 9:00 am. Some days can be very busy days, which can lead to no breaks or late lunches. There are many diverse people that come to the clinic but are enjoyable to work with. The staff is very friendly and professional. The hardest part is being short staff on some days and having to multitask under pressure, which can make patients upset. The most enjoyable part is seeing the patients and knowing you are aiding in their health care.
Pros
Free lunches by reps.
Cons
Short lunch breaks on busy days.
Fast paced, excellent benefits
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 18, 2016
This is a very busy fast paced pediatric clinic. It is important to be organized and to manage your time wisely. Co-workers are pleasant and I have made several new close friends while working here. Management is easy to approach and always willing to help when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the children. They are so honest and innocent and will keep you young at heart.
Great employer with room for advancement
Urgent Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 27, 2015
Worked as staff nurse in Urgent Care. Love being giving opportunities to advance to lead nurse RN for family practice and help to start a triage office for 10 members internal medicine group.
Good place to gain experience in the medical field.
Data Entry & Preregistration Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 22, 2015
Mostly an office kind of setting. I gained lots of experience in billing, data entry and correspondence. Great place to work at if your a fast learner and want to get your foot in the medical field.
Pros
Gaining lots of knowledge.
Cons
coffee
Excellent company
Branch Manager - Two locations concurrently (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 30, 2015
I started my career there in Medical Records Dept. Stayed with the company for 15 years moving up with in the company. Supervisor to Management. I managed 2 different Family Practice Offices. 40 staff with 10 Physicians. Excellent company to work for. Sorry I left and moved away.
Position
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Solvang, CAJanuary 26, 2015
Unfortunately they closed the position I held. But other than that it was a great place to work. Everyone got along and we all worked together like a family. If anyone had a question or concern we were able to work together to overcome it.
Long time work
INS Biller/ Pre-Registration Rep (Current Employee) –  CorporateOctober 9, 2014
I would love to stay but advancement isn't really possible.
Pros
So much work, you are always needed!
Cons
Training isn't always adequate.
Okay place to work at no room for moving up
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara CaJuly 21, 2014
Checking patients in and out all day making appointments for patients taking messages maintaining all paper work necessary for the day scheduling procedures as necessary and working with Dr's schedules every day, management was a bit up and down and times co-workers came and went all the time looking for something different, hardest part of the job was having to call patients at the last minute to tell them the appointment was cancelled due to Dr not being in office that was not easy or was it fun patients would wait along time for the appointment then I would have to call and reschedule or cancel appointment, interacting with patients was the best part
Pros
Free lunches from drug reps, and having Friday afternoon off
Cons
Not good management
Very exciting because each day was always un-predictable.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, caMarch 26, 2014
I worked directly under the main Medical Assistant, she was very helpful by always explaining things in ways anyone could understand. She had a very loving and caring nature and I admired her work ethic. Each work day was different but duties varied from setting up appointments, assisting back office procedures, inputting patient information, and making everyone in our office feel comfortable with prompt, efficient and cheerful assistance.
Pros
My supervisor's willingness to educate everyone who wanted to learn.
Cons
Getting attached to patients.
Positive and fast paced work environment
Medical Assistant/Scribe (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMarch 10, 2014
Sansum Clinic is a great place to work. A typical day for myself included assisting the doctors with patient exams and scribing patient visit details. This was a very fast paced environment with usually 90 plus patients a day. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was getting work done in an efficient and timely manner. I enjoy working in busy settings.
Pros
Fast paced, friendly staff, professional setting
Cons
Fun and challenging place to learn something new.
Receptionist/Information Clerk (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CaliforniaJanuary 8, 2014
I enjoyed going to work knowing I was going to see our regular patients and meeting new patients. My job gave me the opportuniy to learn alot about patients insurances. My job was very multi task, ansewring phones, arrriving patients,scheduling appointments for them and also working with therapist I was very busy but I enjoyed my job alot because it was very challenging for me. My co-workers were very good to work with as they made my job very plesantful.
Pros
Knowing I was going to see patients.
Cons
At the time gas prices were very high and made the commute very expensive.
Great staff
Extern - Radiology (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CaJune 19, 2013
Extern – Radiology – Fast paced site performing a variety of radiographic and fluoroscopic examinations using modern equipment.