Santa Ana College Employee Reviews

Interesting
Instructor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 8, 2017
Working for SAC is fun and interesting. The opportunity to meet and interact with people of different backgrounds and very rewarding if one do not spent time judging people but rather understanding and learning about the student multicultural life.
Great organization to be lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to work for. Great facilities, staff, and student body.
AR Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 23, 2017
My overall experience working for this institute was nothing but a growing experience. I was given the opportunity to take over certain duties such as event coordination, cultural trip advisor, student ambassador and mentor, and staff support throughout various departments.
This college organizes well all equipment for training.
Student (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 15, 2017
I am a student of Santa Ana College from February 2017. I received the warmly welcome and guidance of professors. I also got the friendship with many students. I will try my best to study.
Comfortable transition
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 24, 2017
Management made me feel at home. Everyone was super nice and professional. Being an employee at SAC was an amazing experience for me. Wish my position wasn't temporary I had the worlds best boss!!!!!!!!
Santa Ana College is a nice way to work for.
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 17, 2017
Santa Ana College is a friendly and fun workplace. Supervisors have strong leadership skills and always want to support their staff to develop their skills.
Motivated and inspiring place to work.
Fitness Instructor Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 13, 2017
I had a short lecture class on teaching the fundamentals of swimming. To create good management and flow I taught a lesson and skills test as well as a safety test prior to the beginning of class.
Pros
Small classes, autonomy to have my own teaching curriculum, motivated students.
Cons
not enough working hours.
Very unprofessional and immature colleagues
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CaJuly 12, 2017
The salary sucks! The benefits were semi-ok. VERY difficult to reach full-time status. Staff, including professionals, were extremely petty, gossipy and envious of those with the potential to advance. Incredibly unprofessional culture.
Pros
The students were somewhat ambitious and interested in advancing.
Cons
Too competitive for the peanut salary
Kind and fun work place
Student Volunteer, International student office (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 7, 2017
People are very kind and funny in Santa Ana College. I worked in the international student office and help other students about their problem. I communicated effectively with students to assist in problem solving. I also need to organize and maintain files. In the office, I cooperated with other staffs and volunteers in maintaining an efficient workroom and assist with new student orientation.
Fun Environment
Student Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 3, 2017
Working at the college as a math tutor was a great experience. I improved my verbal and problem solving skills. I also learned to work with different learning styles.
work very fun
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 23, 2017
the interaction between lab tech and students will also help the students learn. working environment always chill and un-stressful. most of the time , we have sometimes to study on our own as well.
Have fun working with students
Computer lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 6, 2017
This job allows me to work with lot of students who have any problems relate to MS-Office. I also have a good communication skill from working with students
the job
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 10, 2017
I worked in the counseling dept. at Santa Ana College through the financial aid. the counselor i worked with was wonderful and understanding. i used to grade all the paperwork for her counseling 100 class. i would make calls to verify all student info was correct
Low Quality Training
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 24, 2017
Main office supervisor is knowledgeable. Co-worker in charge of training has low level of communication, full knowledge of process, and patience.
Pros
experience
Cons
Training and work enviornment
Fun place to work
Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 27, 2016
The campus is great and the community is friendly, can be stressful having to help many students since the campus is very small. The staff is great and very helpful.
Pros
flexible with school
great enviroment
Mathematics Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 11, 2016
SAC has a plethora of career building opportunities for their students.
As a math assistant i received valuable knowledge from professors and first hand experience on the work teachers do
Productive and fun enviorment
Professor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 27, 2016
Typical day is going in and waliking around seeking students who are waiving the tutors for help. I learned how to be great at communicating and working well as a team because at times teamwork was necessary for this type of enviorment. The students and factulty are all great at the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of helping students and hearing their positive feedback from the great service we provide.
Perfect for Intern
Graphic Design Intern (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 29, 2016
Work directly with graphic designer and other college staffs on college projects that support the college marketing purpose such as poster, postcard, web banner, flyer and so on.

You will have a great experience interning here because everyone treats you as a co-worker. You have opportunities to work on projects by yourself from the beginning till the end; you will contact directly with customer, plan out and brainstorm the ideas, give comps and the customer will give you feedback, and produce the final work.

I have learned so much. You have chances to work on different projects, customers have different requirements so you have find ways to satisfy them but still can merge it with your creativity. You also learn about printing process, make perfect work size, margin, bleeding and etc so the printing department can easily follow. Their designer will help you a lot and show you a lot of tips and techniques.

Overall I have a wonderful time interning here, I really enjoy my experience, it gives me a lot of motivation to work. The intern makes me want to start working as soon as possible.
the most enjoyable part of a job
Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 15, 2015
The most appealing part of my job is interacting with people of different cultures. From them, I learn to view an issue or a problem from many perspectives and approach the most effective satisfying resolution.
product
Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 16, 2015
i enjoyed working with student athletes an help to shape and change lives. Your putting in alot of hours but not a high paying job with the amount of hours
Fun workplace
Head Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 13, 2015
Santa Ana College is fun workplace everyone on staff are helpful to each other when someone need help. Communication is one key the school does very well. I believe I have learn a lot from working at the college and I feel the need to move forward in my career. Typical day at the college is, I will get practice organize have the players warm up before our head coach comes. Also, do warm -up shooting asking question. For example is anyone confuse what we teaching them about the plays or on the skill level who needs help working on their free throws or ball handling. Besides on the court, teaching my class I would do a lesson plan for the class go over anything the class might not understand then start class.
Cons
healthcare for part-timers