Santa Ana Unified School District Employee Reviews

Great place to work.
Contracted Therapist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 18, 2017
I enjoyed providing mental health services to the students, I served. I found it difficult to work with many of students parents, whom for the most part did not to desire to be involved in their childs treatment.
Pros
The pay was fair.
Cons
No health insurance or paid time off.
Safe Environment
After-School Instructional Provider (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 16, 2017
I highly enjoy working in this district! Child safety is our priority at all given times. SAUSD does an excellent job at training and gearing-up their staff in order to offer the most outstanding education!
Excelent long term job
Instructional assistant severely disabled (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 5, 2017
Rewarding job, educational growth, exceptions benefits. Working there for a long time converts the place into a big family interactions. Time pass fast. Seniority easy to achieve.
Pros
Loving people
Cons
Only 9 months per year work
On Call Teacher Aide Substitute
Instructional Aide Substitute (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working there and interacted with children who are deaf and deaf+. I would've continued working and potentially take a part-time or full-time staff, however, I commuted from Northridge to Santa Ana. It was difficult for me to maintain that. The only thing with this kind of position, I would like to know ahead of time or in advance when they ask you to come in for work (easier for those who lives far). Overall, I love the staff and the students.
Pros
The staff and the students plus getting the full experience
Cons
Communication, commute from Northridge to Santa Ana
A great Place
LVN Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 24, 2017
Love working with students everyday. The staff at my schools are amazing and we all help each other for the good of out students. In a school nursing setting, you learn to listen to all the parents concerns and try to guide them with the many resources the district provides. The hardest part of this job is that there are times that you want to do more but can not or not allowed to for the well of the student and you see how the adults are not as commited to their little ones as one wishes. I enjoy the many thanks I get from the little ones I take care of and the smiles I received in the hallways. They make me feel big.
Pros
Great people
Cons
not enough hours
Great experience
Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 17, 2017
I work with great educational professionals. We collaborate with one another asking questions and discuss cases. Great learning environment to work in. I really enjoy working with all the students and staff.
Sausd
Part time Speech Language Pathologist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 12, 2017
I work at a wonderful place everyone is so helpful and friendly. I enjoy the staff and personnel and everyone is supporting. I enjoy working here and I mover around to different schools.
Pros
Everyone is friendly
Love
SSP Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 9, 2017
Loved working for SAUSD but not much room to grow if you don't have lots of degrees. Could not work over 19 hours because the district didn't want to let employees get benefits.
Pros
great pay and experince
Cons
not enough hours
Very stable employment
After School Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 28, 2017
Many opportunities to advance and wonderful benefits. Even for part time employees, the opportunity to advance is always there and everyone is very friendly.
Pros
Benefits, advancement options, friendly coworkers
Cons
No benefits for some part time employees
Lovey my co-workers
Site Clerk (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAApril 24, 2017
I love my job!! I've been with this School district for over six years. I love the people I work with and I believe that we are truly a professional community. I will be relocating to another county and commuting is not an option for me, therefore, I need to look for another job. However, I will truly miss most of my coworkers and and the people at the district office.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Demanding parents
productive, professional
Accompanist (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 31, 2017
I started to work in SAUSD in October 1999 as a part time accompanist, two years later our status was changed to full time with a full package of benefits until now
Cons
health care, retirement, sick days, vacation days
enjoyed the job
Food Service Driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 30, 2017
i miss working there a very fun work environment great pay salary as well. wish i could go back it was great working there.no job oportunities there.but i will fit in any school job.
Pros
all great
Great working environment
SLPA Substitute (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 21, 2017
There are many positives working for SAUSD. I was able to experience many types of syndromes, severities, and disorders as a substitute. The compensation is not ideal but it is a good starting point.
love to work with student, teachers, and parents
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 13, 2017
Love to work with teachers, students, parents. I like what I do however I am looking for a career change. I am a hard worker, responsible, reliable, and I am willing to learn.
Productive workplace
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 21, 2016
I learned how to better my communication and time management skills, The hardest part of the job was when we would have a school event and only four workers. The most enjoyable part of the day would be seeing the children having fun in events we would organize.
Pros
Insight in the school district
Cons
Getting paid monthly
good pay, on call
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CANovember 9, 2016
work isn't difficult, pretty basic stuff empty trash cans in classrooms, vacuum, clean restrooms. During the summer work gets a little tougher, your either placed on floor crew or carpet crew, but being on call isn't the best.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
on call
Good
Instructional Assistant Provider (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 24, 2016
SAUSD is a good place to work. But, not if you are looking to create your own advancement. In order to get a promotion you, seniority is key. All of the bureaucracy will keep you at the same level for years.
Very Structural Job
AVID Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 23, 2016
On a typical day I will go to my classroom and see if there are any tutorials that need to be graded if not I will ask the instructor if there is any additional work that has to be done. Then I will go to my first avid class I will collect the tutorials and grade them while creating groups for the students based on their questions. After the tutorial process is done I will grade the reflections and end product and record the grades for the instructor. Throughout the day this cycle will repeat itself.
Great experience working with these students
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 18, 2016
I was a product of the SAUSD, and took great pride in feeling in the role of an absent teacher. I worked at several locations, and have nothing, but positive things to say about this marvelous organization.
Pros
Cons
nono
A Wonderful Place
Classified Clerical Substitute (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 12, 2016
I truly enjoyed working in this department. The Directors were so kind and respected by many people. They assisted the students and teachers in every area of education. They made sure the teachers were tested for language competency and I helped with keeping the records and files in order. I assisted at the test sites and made sure all the information they needed was prepared ahead of time. I was treated very well and have missed working there.