Santa Barbara Applied Research Employee Reviews in United States

Contractor
Mobility Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COOctober 5, 2014
Typical government contractor, great benefits, a lot of different jobs.
Productive workplace and daily challenges support to Air Force Space Command logistics needs and its many Geographic Separate Units around the world.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COAugust 26, 2013
The most rewarding work I've done in my life providing tangible support to our war-fighters.
Pros
exciting and challenging
Cons
work end due to government in-sourcing prior sector contracts.
Great company to work for.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 10, 2013
A government contract, worked off a Statement of Work. I was the site manger. Everyday brought something new to the table. The job site had a Union which was another job within it self. I learned that I could never go in to work with a agenda. The hot spots dictated my day. Had a lot of good employees that helped to put out the fires and the best part of the job was showing my appreciation though luncheons and get together with backing and support from the Corp office.
Pros
took care of their people no matter the situation.
Cons
can't think of any.
Excellent Company to work for.
Supply Technician (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 28, 2012
There was never a dull moment in the office. We constantly busy from time we sat at our desk until closing time. Provide customer support to our external and internal cutomer on base and off base. Management always concern about our well-being. As co-workers we were always prompt to help each other in any type of sutituation no matter if we did not work in that section evryone was always willing to step-in and help. The hardest part of this job was occassionally working the night shift. I enjoy the friendship.
Pros
picnics/time-off
Best Job Ever
Official ADOM (Current Employee) –  Patrick AFBOctober 20, 2012
A company entrenched in the idea of hiring former military as primary employees gave me an opportunity to learn and achieve. With high expectations and critical responsibilities, slackers need not apply. It is a fast paced environment, full of former military, serving current military, providing support to vital rescue missions across the globe. It's fantastic learning government rules and proceedures, meanwhile, have to answer to the highest authority on mission essential goods and services. SBAR gave me the knowledge and the availability to serve this nation like I never dreamed. Absolutely the best company I've ever worked for.
Pros
experiencing military life
Cons
not being able to finish my career with them
Fun place to work and can walk to the beach on lunch break!
Senior Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJuly 11, 2012
At SBAR we worked hard but the great ting is you did not mind. the oweners of the company made you feel appreciated and like you were family. Great environment and low turnover.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
office window had ocean view, caught myself day dreaming often.

Comment – September 19, 2012

Not what they seem to be. THEY SET YOU UP TO FAIL....AND IN A BIG WAY. You are either part of their clik if not they do everything to get rid of you. There is a double standard. Men are treated differently in the office environment, this is a female dominated environment. There is a lot of back biting, lying, and gossip. BEWARE of this company. There are many underlying situations that they will put you in. They are not up front with the facts and requirements of the job or the position. As I said they will set you up to fail. I speak from experience.

Productive and fun working environment
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 10, 2012
Assist HR Directorate with packing and cataloging records and documents for temporary storage to be moved to other building locations. Package a wide variety of records, files and light office supplies. Develop recording and tracking systems for everything that is being packed. Answering phones and providing JPL employees with information about their benefits package. Lift and move boxes that weighed 10-80lbs. All my co-workers were very nice and hardworking. They most enjoyable part of the job was meeting different people everyday.
Secretary
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kennedy Space Center, FLMarch 16, 2012
Provide secretarial support with ongoing flight projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Barbara Applied Research. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6