Santa Barbara City College Employee Reviews in United States

That job left me a fantastic memory.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 5, 2016
Teaching my peers of something is very interesting. I felt that experience give me confident and reinforce my belief to achieve my academic goals.
College Mentor
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 29, 2015
I would meet with one-on-one with my mentee for about 30-an hour long and talk about the problems they are having both in school, or in their daily life. I had 6 mentees per semester.

Then I would report to my boss and she would have new ideas for me to use when I met with my mentee the following week
Great atmosphere, even better co-workers
Assistant Football Coach/ Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 30, 2014
Excellent work place with fun, outgoing people. The management at SBCC it nothing short of spectacular and the athletic department is lucky to have a great athletic director in Byrnes. My most enjoyable part of the job was showing up to work and having amazing co-workers.
Pros
the staff
Cons
the salary
Student
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 1, 2015
Since all education was done on-line, it provided a greater flexibility for me than traditional education modalities.
Pros
Fle3xibility
Cons
Lacked face to face interaction and immediate satisfaction of questions.
Fun relaxed work environment
Athletics Department Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 21, 2015
I worked in "the cage" for the majority. I was responsible for doing laundry for the athletic uniforms and the towel service for the campus gym. I also worked concession and entrance for basketball games. Very easy job and because it was part of their work study program you were paid hourly, and the hours worked with your school schedule and your tuition was waived, and you could do your homework when it was slow. My co workers were also students and a really fun group. My supervisors were very nice and cared about us as students, I still keep in touch with one of them through social media. Very enjoyable job, nice for new students to meet other students and athletes. Working the games were optional if you wanted the hours or not so if there were no basketball games or you didn't want to work them you always had Saturday and Sunday off.
Pros
casual and fun
Cons
It's school, be a sponge!!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 23, 2015
Classes start early in the morning and they start with a lecture for about an hour and a half and then lab work. Class room size was about 15-20 students. There was nothing hard about any of the schooling I did, my experience was all good.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No pay
SBCC provides a positive and safe working inviroment
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 3, 2015
Tutoring a diversity of college students is rewarding and fun; at the same time increments my interpersonal communications skills.

Learning an overview of a college student's ability to learn helps me to develop a daily objective strategy in how to convey my enthusiasm for higher education.

The best part of my job is the enrichment of cultural and learning differences among my students, my supervisor and my coworkers.

The hardest part of my job is knowing that I only work short time hours during a week in Spring Fall and winter.

What I love the most of this job is the challenge of applying new tutoring process Tailored to every student.
Pros
Is local, and number 1 Community College in the Nation!
Cons
Tutors are in need basis, no part time or full time status
convenient workplace
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oroville, CAJuly 8, 2012
A typical day consisted of working on the register, cleaning, and organizing my work area. I've learned how to use a register very quickly and efficiently and have accumulated great customer service skills. My co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was standing in one place for 8 hours. The most enjoyable part was being able to talk with the customers.
Pros
free lunches, fun environment
Cons
no benefits
Language Tutor
Language Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 29, 2013
Serving and assisting students was the highlight of my job assignment as a tutor. Nevertheless, the lack of benefits and a very low rate did not compensate the extra mile that I always go for, at any position that I have held in the past.
Pros
cultural enrichment and teaching method analysis
Cons
lack of benefits and very low income.
very fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 3, 2015
cash handling, learned how to do special orders, management is very open to what you need as a student worker, the hardest part of the job was not being able to go back as a part time worker, the most enjoyable part of the job was that working with my co-workers we always had fun doing our job.

Want to know more about Santa Barbara City College?

Ask a question
Fun Working Environment
S.B.C.C. Sky Box Hostess & Athletic Cage Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Worked in the Sky Box during the SBCC Football Games- setting up for the sponsors. Also, worked in the Athletic Cage during Weekdays.

I learned how to set up for large events, how to organize a party and catering setting, how to communicate with different individuals in a professional sport setting. I also learned how to work with others, (coworkers) as well as time management.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that in the Cage it was laid back and it was also work study for me, therefore I was able to get all my school work done while I was finished with everything at work.
Pros
free lunches, great atmosphere, co workers
Cons
n/a
Enjoyed working with the CNA students
CNA Skills Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJune 1, 2015
I enjoyed the position I had as a RN skills evaluator for the college and liked working with the CNA students and the Administrator of the program. Unfortunately, the school funding was discontinued and the program was closed.
Pros
Flexible schedule
More than office work.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CASeptember 14, 2012
I started here expecting to just be the girl in the corner of the office filing and doing data entry. It turned out to be so much more than that, this work space was too tiny for me to be shunned away from what functioned like a family. The Disabled Student's Programs and Services office is specialized for disabilities of any severity, noticeable to the naked eye or not. The counselors that worked in this office had been working together for longer than I had been alive and they were a well oiled machine. They knew how to give the students the best service they could and make everyone working around them feel important and part of the bigger picture. My typical day included doing data entry, filing, answering phones, making appointments, copying, faxing, and every other typical office tast you could think of. No employee's voice went unheard through management. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the mental disabilities but we all had each other's backs if there was a bad day, it was always wonderful to feel the support from fellow employees.
Pros
community, co-workers, productivity, making a change and helping others.
Easy going atmosphere, respect for each other and team work.
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 25, 2012
I start my day by checking attendance calendar, proceed to check emails, quick check in with my co-worker to see what issues or requests need to be completed.
Check records on school vehicles to see which need to go for maintenance and give that information to my auto technician so the appropriate work can be completed.
Pull DMV reports each day in order to maintain my district approved drivers and driver spread sheet.
Check in with my director at the end of the day, to inform her of the days activity, then lock up and go home.
Pros
friendships within my department / free gym access
Cons
after 3 years, i can't think of one.
Rewarding to improve efficiency of an executive's office
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 15, 2014
Enjoyed the opportunity to work primarily with executives when I was selected to be transferred as Sr. Administrative Assistant to the Dean.
Great place to be and to work!
Behavior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 12, 2013
Love this place, good people all the way around. Am helping to put together behavior management plans and help with students with disabilities.
Fun work enviroment
EOPS Peer Advisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CANovember 14, 2014
If you are a college student, this the right job for you. Staff are friendly, fun and accommodate your school schedule.
Pros
student job
Cons
limited hours per week
Personal and Professional Development
Freelance Editor for Class Schedule Catalogs (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 7, 2014
Working for Menards taught me what it meant to be a great manager. Yearly reviews helped me develop my abilities to offer a better self not only to customers, but also to co-workers.
first experience
International Students' Ambassador (Former Employee) –  santa barbaraMay 16, 2012
had a good time in campus and corporate with students
promotion
Nice work place
Food Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 20, 2013
The job was very fun. The workers are amazing people, management was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Barbara City College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5