Santa Barbara City College Employee Reviews

Very slow and easy to get sick
Computer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAMay 23, 2017
Very slow working hours, low pay, and easy tasks. Good for entry level computer techs or anyone just interested in fixing students problems with printers, word or excel.
Learning Learning Learning
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA 93109May 14, 2017
It was a blast working with PHD Ornald, and it was my privileged to help out the students get past the class and understand what seemed difficult to them.
Pros
I love school
Cons
Short job
Good work experience
Student Biology Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 13, 2017
It's a good job for any student worker. Get to learn as well as teach fellow students. Pays well. Very beautiful location. It's a great stepping stone if you want to be a teacher in the future.
Tutor at SBCC
Santa Barbara City College English Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 10, 2017
I worked as a tutor in the English Department. As a student I really enjoyed working at the college. It was a amazing experience to teach students. If I could do it over I would in a heart beat.
Pros
On campus
Cons
Lack of Hours
Basketball Captain
Basketball Captain (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 6, 2017
Take the lead role by influencing and setting a standard to other teammates about the importance of academics. Maintain a strong relationship between the coach on and off the basketball court.
Great View and Great People to work for!
Warehouse Stores Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 24, 2017
Shipping and receiving, asset and inventory, delivery, warehousing, handling, transportation, assembly of SBCC furnishings, equipment and supplies to support SBCC students and staff. Sorted and distributed all UPS items throughout the campus, maintained all administrative paper work. Directed work of other student-assistants.
Operate forklift, large vehicles with power-lift gates and electric pallet jacks
Pros
View of the Beach
Cons
Temporary positions only
Student-Athlete
Basketball Captain (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 21, 2017
I played collegiate basketball for SBCC and was made a captain my 2nd season for them.At SBCC i found my true love for finance by taking over 8 courses in the financial and economic field
learned tutoring
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 9, 2017
learn the techniques of tutoring
learn the different ways to communicate to students and explain them the materials
correct the students homeworks and exams
Oberall great experieince
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Wonderful people to work with and gratifying place to be able to work in an education environment. Your always learning! Would highly recommend. it was temporary for me as I was in school.
Great job where you are allowed to be a student first
Lead College Representative (Current Employee) –  Student ServicesJanuary 17, 2017
This job was great in that it allows you to stay focused on your studies while staying involved with the school. I get to interact with lots of different people and support other departments. I answer phones and emails, and give tours to prospective students. My bosses and coworkers are amazing. The hardest part of the job is people taking their frustrations out on you, and the best part is being able to solve someones problem.
SBCC is a great school for stoudents.
Tutor/Teachers' Aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CA 93111December 2, 2016
Working at Santa Barbara City College, as the job goes, was great. The students were pro active and usually engaged. Being an English tutor and t.a. there was fun and challenging,in that the students were usually motivated to do their work, and to do it well. Some of the instructors were hard to work with, as like most work sites, there were multitude of different personalities, teaching styles, and opinions on what to stress in my job. I felt at times that I had too many bosses that were not who I worked directly under.
Pros
The students
Cons
Too many bosses
Best place to work
MARKETING PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 27, 2016
It is the best place to work. It is not only beautiful but it strives to be the best institution to all stakeholders, including students and employees. Parking is difficult but if that's the biggest complaint, things aren't so bad.
Excellent
Collegiate Athlete (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAAugust 10, 2016
Had to balance a very difficult schedule that included a lot of traveling to games, practices, morning workouts, classes, and homework.
All good stuff, the best place to work!
Saxophone instructor and music tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 28, 2016
My hours were part time, one summer it was 1-4, and the second summer it was 1-3. I learned how to teach, and I learned to have patience. I learned what did, and what did not work well for the students. Management was the best, most understanding employer I've ever had, Jim Mooy. Co-workers were all great, excited to be there. The hardest part of the job, was teaching the kids. The most enjoyable part of the job, was teaching the kids.
Pros
Great pay, fun, relaxed environment.
Cons
Only part time summer jobs.
I was Cook Assistant and Re-Stocker
Assistant Cook And Re-Stocker (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAMay 27, 2016
I had To Re-Stock the merchandise that we every morning. Then i need to Help the cook prepare food. I had the key to the door because i need to be putting all the merchandise away before 7:30am.
Pros
It was a Part Time Jobs And i when in at 4:00 am
Cons
I only work 20 houres a week.
That job left me a fantastic memory.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAApril 5, 2016
Teaching my peers of something is very interesting. I felt that experience give me confident and reinforce my belief to achieve my academic goals.
College Mentor
College Mentor (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 29, 2015
I would meet with one-on-one with my mentee for about 30-an hour long and talk about the problems they are having both in school, or in their daily life. I had 6 mentees per semester.

Then I would report to my boss and she would have new ideas for me to use when I met with my mentee the following week
Student
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CADecember 1, 2015
Since all education was done on-line, it provided a greater flexibility for me than traditional education modalities.
Pros
Fle3xibility
Cons
Lacked face to face interaction and immediate satisfaction of questions.
It's school, be a sponge!!
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAOctober 23, 2015
Classes start early in the morning and they start with a lecture for about an hour and a half and then lab work. Class room size was about 15-20 students. There was nothing hard about any of the schooling I did, my experience was all good.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No pay
Fun relaxed work environment
Athletics Department Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Santa Barbara, CAJuly 21, 2015
I worked in "the cage" for the majority. I was responsible for doing laundry for the athletic uniforms and the towel service for the campus gym. I also worked concession and entrance for basketball games. Very easy job and because it was part of their work study program you were paid hourly, and the hours worked with your school schedule and your tuition was waived, and you could do your homework when it was slow. My co workers were also students and a really fun group. My supervisors were very nice and cared about us as students, I still keep in touch with one of them through social media. Very enjoyable job, nice for new students to meet other students and athletes. Working the games were optional if you wanted the hours or not so if there were no basketball games or you didn't want to work them you always had Saturday and Sunday off.
Pros
casual and fun
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Barbara City College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6