SANTA CLARA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION

SANTA CLARA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Employee Reviews

Stay Away!
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), San Jose, CAApril 1, 2015
Pros: Good salary, good location
Cons: Poor leadership and support
Working for the County was a nightmare. I was never given an evaluation and had three different administrators in my one year working there. Things are disorganized and expect very little help if you need it. Everyone passes the buck here.
I learned a lot about child development of special children since I started working in SCCOE.
Paraeducator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAMarch 1, 2014
Pros: teachers share their knowledge and expertise on how to educate children with special disabilities.
Cons: short break periods.
My work in SCCOE is very challenging, yet rewarding.
A typical day at work involves, either home visits or attending a center-based class for visually impaired children.
Everyday is a learning experience dealing with the special students
and their parents/guardians.
Likewise challenging, is working with Teachers/Specialist and co-Paraeducators.
The hardest part of the job is having three home visits a day, which means driving from one place to another, with a window of just 30 minutes.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children and parents, especially, when you are able to establish rapport with them,
implementing the plan and programs seems easier.
fun place to work for
Sub- Custodian (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 2, 2013
fun place to work for and would love to work full time but was a sub
It is a great opportunity to work with different kinds of students and the staff all work as a team.
Paraeducator (Current Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 21, 2013
My most enjoyable part of my job is to watch the students grow in many different ways and all while having a good time.
productive and entertaining to work with the kids
Special Education Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 2, 2013
Pros: off campus lunches and fexible hours
Cons: payday was once a month
while working for the Santa Clara County of education I taught a group of students who where diagnosed with autism. I helped the kids with basic skills in math, puzzles and reading. The most hardest part of the job was calming the kids in times of anger issues; however the most enjoyable part of job was watching smiles on there faces as they completed there skills was well rewarding
Good overall
On call teacher's aide for autism children (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 15, 2013
I enjoyed my time here, the flexible schedule, the fact I was able to mentor children was amazing.
Great Employer, great benefits, respectful workenvironment
Teacher (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2012
This was a great place to work at. I enjoyed my 6 years working for Santa Clara County Office of Education. The benefits were excellent, employees were treated with courtesy and respect. Santa Clara County supplied their employees with excellent resources and advancement opportunities.
Productive and very detail oriented organization.
Student Worker (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 10, 2012
I was only there for one year and this place was phenomenal, too bad that I was only there as a part time employee. The staff is very friendly and management set clear and reachable deadlines.
One of my favorite places to work
Various Clerical Positions (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 6, 2012
I had many typical days as I worked in a variety of positions and departments.
Very rewarding Job
Special Ed. Aide (Former Employee), San Jose, CaAugust 29, 2012
Pros: working with children off all ages, able to help improve their lives.
I worked with Mentally/Physically handicapped children. We worked on Personal Grooming, self-help skills. I helped they work on education goals to obtain communication skills through computer programs, Audio switch and touch pads. The students worked on feeding skills from learning to tollerate food to being able to feed themselves. At times I worked with Medically Fragile children that needed Tube feeding, oral/trachea suctioning,had seizure protocols and required constant positioning throughout the day to keep muscles and bones stretched and in alligment.
Good Pay / Flexible Hours
Special Education Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CAApril 5, 2012
Pros: good pay / flexible hours
Cons: not full time
Pay is good and you can pick which assignment and where you want.

SANTA CLARA COUNTY OFFICE OF EDUCATION Salaries