Santa Clara County Employee Reviews

Strict but very professional
Epidemiologist Intern III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 8, 2018
A lot of data collection. Since I was an intern, I was required to go through a long list of approval from different forms of authority/management in the county. The process took super long and clashed with my school deadlines. Overall, the work environment was professional and the employees were fun to work with.
Pros
professional
Cons
long processing time
Loved it
Office Specialist I (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 3, 2017
I was an intern but my lol time work I g for the County was the best of my life. I enjoyed learning the programs and the training was defiantly awesome.
Pros
Happy criendly
Good Company
Eligibility Worker II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 29, 2017
Advancement with reasonable at the time. With contract changes with the union I don't know how much is still positive. I like the fact that sick and vac time was accumulated to the hours that you worked. And overtime was allowed to be used as storage time off.
A good relaxed place to work.
Advanced clerk typist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 11, 2017
I was hired as a Advanced Clerk Typist (40+ wpm), I worked in the Adult Probation Department. My job consisted in providing probation officers with the files from the District Attorney at Santa Clara County, so that they could make a report for the courts with a recomendation on each felony case. Some times I had to get police reports from the police departments from the different towns in the county.

I left this job to go to mexico and study a profession, I chose medicine.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
salary
good vipe
Eligibility Worker II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2017
Repetitive. Very big department but you will get to know everything and everyone as time go by. Benefits are the best. Co worker are so so. All depend on which dept you will be working out of.
On camera when driving 24/7 stressful you get called in if you set it off.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Downtown san joseSeptember 19, 2017
Schedule was like you were on an airplane they would overbook you to different parts of the city at once. You should never mention you wanna spend time with your family if your a new comer you cant get time off cause they dont have enough drivers but its because of this. That they will never have enough people, people get tired and they leave.
Pros
Employees are nice and compasionate.
Cons
Very stressful.
Customer Service Officer
Customer Service Officer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 11, 2017
Support the Branch Manager and Customer Service Manager to oversee the branch services, in keeping with Bank’s policies.

Provides assisting and guidance to Customer Service Representatives in their daily duties with new account processing, teller transactions, referrals and cross-selling goals.
Pros
Employee discounts and good benefits
Cons
Short breaks, overtime
seasonal help in property tax department
Seasonal extra help as an Accounting clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 3, 2017
worked on part of processing of property tax. Opening variety property tax payment envelops and sort payment checks in required ways.
fast working environment. Learned the processing of county property tax system.
Cons
30 minutes lunch
diverse and career advancement opportunities
Senior Patient Business Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 13, 2017
diversity in the work place, lot of opportunity for learning, good management support, varied tasks which kept it interesting, good pay and excellent health benefits
No benefits for Subs
Substitute Teacher and Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 30, 2017
Working as a substitute teacher offers no benefits or job security.It pays per assignment and you may not have any work in the summer. You don't qualify for unemployment during the summer.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
No Benefits
job security retirement
Estate Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2017
good for retirement, safety and conditions are very good for employees. Recommend employer for long term. Employees stay with County until retirement.
Pros
pers
LVN (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 28, 2017
It's a great place to work. They really take care of their employees and you get a great variety of patients. The experience you get while working here can be used every where too which is great.
Supportive Co-workers
Office Specialist III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 25, 2017
Enjoyed the time I worked for the Santa Clara County Counsel's Office. An attoney's office for county agencies, such as the Water District and Child Protective Services.
Great benefits, no amenities
Deputy Probation Officer III (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2017
It's a large organization so it depends where you work and quality of management. There are however opportunities to seek out alternative positions in lateral and upward movement within adepartment or county wide.
Pros
Great benefits, including medical
Cons
Can be very political
Fast phase and productive
Registrar of Voter (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2017
Good place to work for. People are nice and organized. Everyone are helpful. Work is fast phase. Good team players. Always got something to do. Managements are good people. Work culture is very diversity
Pros
good health benefit
Cons
short lunch
Fun part time job.
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 21, 2017
Serve as teacher’s assistant and/or substitute in all classroom aspects; conducted student and class observations; assist in preparing lunch for kids; assist in planning and organizing a range of individual and group activities including role play, movement, dance; communicated effectively with parents about their child’s development; dealt creatively and effectively with any problem situations that arose, ensuring that the health and safety of children and staff. Management is good. Staff vary from classroom to classroom. Hardest part of the job is that there's no job training to the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing children smile and work.
Pros
Interact with diverse staff, help children
Cons
No staff training
Fun and fast paced work enviroment
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 11, 2016
I loved working for Santa Clara County, I learned so many new skills. I was also able to improve on many of my own skills. As an Office Specialist I had basic clerical duties. I help order supplies and stock supplies for the case workers. Copied and assembled materials such as handouts, packets, and documents. I help collect mail and faxes, answered outbound calls. Coded and scanned documents into the IDM and Kofax processing systems. Maintained and organized filing system and record keeping. I was able to work along side some very intellectual people, who help train and teach me. The whole job was enjoyable even me co-workers and clients. The hardest part was leaving after my 6 month internship with Santa Clara County.
Child care provider
Child care provider (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2015
Do not work for the county as child care provider, it's not good pay for the time you spend watching the child. They lower the pay all of the time!
Great learning experience with great people.
Office Specialist II, Registrar of Voters (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2015
Although at times we were overwhelmed with a large volume of calls and voter registrations forms to input, the work environment was never dull. My colleagues who had been there far longer than I have were always so kind and patient with us newer staff members. We were always learning new things as every question and case was different. I was always happy in this place of work, which resulted in my up most productivity.
Pros
Chances to do outreach at different locations in the county
Cons
I was part-time
Great learning experience, educational
Substitute school / receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Morgan HillAugust 25, 2015
Daily: accepting substitute position for school secretary and/or receptionist assignment(s). In charge of school office/environment whether the assignment for a day, week or month. Teachers, principal or vice principal are very appreciative of substitutes.
Hardest: School computer programs and interacting with some of male students.
Enjoyable: Being accepted as a substitute on a minutes notice as an unknown. Being accepted by students both girls/boys whether in office or on playground etc.
Pros
Supporting teachers, student counselors, juvenile probation officers
Cons
Students: language, lack of interest, lack of knowledge, intimidation