Santa Clara County Employee Reviews in United States

Child care provider
Child care provider (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 9, 2015
Do not work for the county as child care provider, it's not good pay for the time you spend watching the child. They lower the pay all of the time!
Great learning experience with great people.
Office Specialist II, Registrar of Voters (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 1, 2015
Although at times we were overwhelmed with a large volume of calls and voter registrations forms to input, the work environment was never dull. My colleagues who had been there far longer than I have were always so kind and patient with us newer staff members. We were always learning new things as every question and case was different. I was always happy in this place of work, which resulted in my up most productivity.
Pros
Chances to do outreach at different locations in the county
Cons
I was part-time
Great learning experience, educational
Substitute school / receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, Morgan HillAugust 25, 2015
Daily: accepting substitute position for school secretary and/or receptionist assignment(s). In charge of school office/environment whether the assignment for a day, week or month. Teachers, principal or vice principal are very appreciative of substitutes.
Hardest: School computer programs and interacting with some of male students.
Enjoyable: Being accepted as a substitute on a minutes notice as an unknown. Being accepted by students both girls/boys whether in office or on playground etc.
Pros
Supporting teachers, student counselors, juvenile probation officers
Cons
Students: language, lack of interest, lack of knowledge, intimidation
Excellent worklife balance plance
ISM Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa ClarraJune 3, 2015
With public sector one associates mundane and hard work. This county showcases great work life balance. It is a great firm to work at
Good govt to work for
Nutrition Services Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 6, 2015
to be in charge of feeding 4000 meals was a great challenge but good feeling to serve so many seniors with nutritious lunch & preventive health approach
Pros
pension
Cons
insufficent time to do everything without quick speed
Good entry level position to get into the county.
Weights and Measures Inspector I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 16, 2014
Good entry level position to get into the county. Very detail oriented, with lots of different tasks within a day. A good job for those people who like variety and driving to different locations throughout the day.
Life working for the County
MANAGER, LEARNING & EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2014
County of Santa Clara as an employer offers a wide variety of jobs and employees a variety of career fields. Our work in training allows us to work with this variety daily in an effort to provide training that support their work efforts as well as organizational initiatives that support agency strategic plans.

It's a mix of innovation and bureaucracy with a lot of people who really want to do good work.
Pros
doing work that has positive impacts on the employees and citizens of the county.
Cons
very bureacractic organization
Fun place to work
VMware & Citrix Projects Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 14, 2014
I share the work load with all my team mates. Learn and do heavy lifting with them for every step they go.

I tell jokes and listen to other people's jokes to laugh and enjoy together all the time that we share.

I share with everyone what I found on the job, so that we can learn from the bad parts and keep up with the good ones.

The hardest part of my job is to keep the spirit of my co-workers always high throughout stress-time, and to have everyone keep moving on with their highest enthusiasm.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to have friends and share with friends all the moment of up and down of the job, so that we all have memories to remember when time goes by. Those memories are not duplicable and we may never be able to get back. Therefore, create more of them to last the whole life time.
great place to work a lot of variety
Foster Parent (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CANovember 11, 2013
great teaching hospital from newborn, to mother baby unit. wide spectrum of multi cultural diversity and ability to teach and advance my nursing practice.
Pros
benefits and coworkers
Cons
waiting for registry nurses to show up before you finish a double shift
employees are very friendly and has team work.
Precinct Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 18, 2013
It was all depends what election there is, depends how big or small election is gonna be. We work to serve polling place from 6am to 9pm. I learned that serving election make you feel you have a big role in your community. The people I work for are very friendly and very helpful. The hardest part of the job we do was when it's time to close, we have to count the ballots and prepare everything to bring to city hall. I enjoy serving my community and also I enjoy to see who's in my neighborhood.
Productive and active work environment
Lead Hazard Reduction Program (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2013
planning, coordinating and implementing health events/programs/information
Difficult
Eligibility Worker (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 21, 2013
Working as an Eligibility worker was difficult. You can't help everyone and unfortunately because of regulations and rules people will not qualify for benefits.
Pros
environment
Cons
transfer band
fun work place
front desk (Former Employee) –  gilroy, CAJuly 31, 2013
General office clerks perform a variety of duties that help keep offices running.

Even as technology makes our lives simpler, it seems there is more and more to do. Even simple tasks take time, especially in busy companies. This is where general office clerks come in. They help other office personnel do their jobs by keeping files organized and up to date, routing mail correctly, and processing documents, to name just a few activities.General office clerks' duties vary with the employer and with the clerk's experience. Most general office clerks file and type. They also operate office machines such as photocopiers and fax machines. They often troubleshoot problems with this equipment as well as computers.

Clerks may send, open, route, and answer mail. They may also answer telephones, greet visitors, and schedule appointments. Occasionally clerks put together records and reports. They may also make travel arrangements for other office staff. Some clerks calculate wages, taxes, commissions, and payments. Many clerks sort checks, keep payroll records, process expense reports, and take inventory. They may do some light bookkeeping and handle bank transactions. They may also order more supplies when stocks are low.
Good company to work for.
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2013
A good day at work was stuctered, I leard from management and co-workers daily how to mantain procedures & policies.
Extra Help Position in the County Jails
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist II (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 10, 2012
I really enjoy working in the County's custodial facilities. Wonderful staff; very fair managers. The compensation is less then what I've been making for the past 7 years. I'm not happy about that.
Pros
interesting work
Cons
extra help salary
Good work but CYA
Information systems manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 22, 2012
The county has many opportunities for all professions and trades. This job is clean you typically work 8 to 5 with no expectation and non paid overtime. Most of Management are promoted from within with all the positive and negative ramifications.
There are a few slackers but many most people are hard working and feel challenged to get the full job done.
Coming from commercial work place it is strange to not worry about making a profit or cost justifications. ROI is unheard of. In general the management doesn't know what they don't know. Telling them is like speaking in tongs.
Pros
8 to 5 + ot pay

4.5