Santa Clara Unified School District Employee Reviews

SCUSD was a model for what our society encourages to push students to their limits with quality teachers and classroom content.
Teacher and Substitute (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 2, 2016
Management focused on providing programs to meet student's needs at every level.

A typical day meant being prepared by 7:30 a.m. to have ideas organized and materials in place.

The most enjoyable part of the day was seeing young people feel valued with a genuine concern that their voices were being heard.

What I learned is that students are getting a thicker, denser, more intense curriculum with State Standards that fill binders.

I also learned how physically wearing the content can be for students.

My co-workers were very caring, bright people.

The job includes many facets to plan, teach, be flexible as needed, direct and inspire kids, be accountable to administrators, maintain an inspiring environment, and rest as needed.
Pros
Teaching in Silicon Valley was vibrant, diverse, and on-point for programs designed for the range of kids in the area.
Cons
The stress levels for the students wasn't quite understood by teachers unable to walk in kid's shoes, more student-driven projects were needed, and more flexibility was needed to adjust to the needs of the kids in the moment.
Good place to work at.
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed all my positions at the school district, the one I enjoyed the most was the warehouse /delivery driver. I would load the truck early in the morning, then deliver them to the school sites.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
On call, not enough hours, not permanent hire
Must be your fit
Special Needs Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2015
If this isn't something you're passionate about, then this isn't something for you. Pay isn't great, it's only part time, but there is reward in making a difference in student's lives.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Paid once a month
Loved every single minute
1 aide (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 24, 2014
I had never worked with children who had special needs and certainly didn't know much about spectrum disorder and learning disorders. But I learned a lot about it hands on with some of the most wonderful and talented children I have ever met. They taught me patience, they taught to appreciate the little things, they taught me to open my heart to everyone. Through out my experience there, I learned how to implement behavior and education plans, how to discipline with kindness, and how to motivate in healthy ways. The only part that was difficult about the job was the unpaid time off in summer, spring break, and Christmas time. Otherwise I have no complaints.
Pros
great, supportive co-workers, wonderful students
Cons
unpaid time off
Best Job ever !
Campus Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 10, 2013
I love working at this site.
A lot of one on one with students. Teaching them life values as well as learning from them. Staff here are great.
Pros
watching them grow into young adults
Cons
watching them graduate
coaching position deserves more
Spirit Advisor/Coach (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 2, 2013
im only on a stipin and dot work hourly so my review isn't based on fulltime employment
This job is not for everyone.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 15, 2012
Child care is a demanding job. You have to be a team player to make the job go smooth.

Santa Clara Unified School District Reviews by Job Title