Santa Clara University Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and rewarding workplace experience.
Bronco Bench Foundation Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 26, 2016
Santa Clara University Athletics was a great starting point for my career. A typical day working in the athletics department consisted of developing new social media initiatives, managing Bronco Bench Foundation events, and creating new promotions. I learned the strong push marketing skills needed to promote Santa Clara Athletics.
Pros
Flexible hours and events
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime.
Productive and supportive environment
BASEBALL ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working for the SCU baseball team is very rewarding. My boss is supportive and is regularly available if I have questions on formatting or content for newsletters. Along with another student, we produce monthly newsletters featuring current baseball news and various announcements, which are then sent to alumni and baseball families.
Pros
Experience, news writing practice, friendly work environment
Cons
unpaid
Great Work environment
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 17, 2015
This was a great leadership position. This position is quite competitive but is also quite fun and rewarding. The manager really allowed you to embrace your creativity and find what works best for you. Very reliable staff and manager. Wish this Job was for more than a year
Perfect student position with flexible hours and scheduling
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2016
Job consists of answering phones, providing information, and setting up/taking down events within the building. The job has very flexible hours and is under excellent management.
Easy and convenient
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 26, 2016
Being a full time student it was good as less time taking and manageable. It helped me also to get an experience of interacting with students and help with their problems.
santa clara
Teaching Assistant ship for Computer Networks (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 14, 2016
It's good to be in Teaching assistance position, so that it would be great opportunity for me to go over basics of networking.
SCU has changed
Manager, Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 25, 2015
SCU has new leadership, and it is a business. Employees are not always supported when trying to create a better environment. Change in VPs and Directors make it hard to meet support requirements.
Pros
great peers, and clients
Cons
very hard to hire due to salary grades
I work as a student assistant to one of the Dean's at the School of Education and Counseling Psychology
Web and Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2015
My day to day work is to team up with my Dean and help out in her daily professional meetings. I have taken ownership in promoting our School programs through the help of Digital media and marketing. I co-ordinate and organize webinars for international students and help in organizing information sessions. I have also hands on experience in working with the terminal four software for upgrading our current university website.
Santa Clara University is Special
Research Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2015
I have worked as a research consultant at Santa Clara University for over four years. I have performed numerous research studies with, and for Santa Clara staff and have interacted with Santa Clara students in focus groups and during other projects. I find Santa Clara staff and students to be uniquely personable and especially committed. I once brought fresh pastries to one of my clients at SCU and put them in the break room. I then left for another meeting in a different building. When I returned three hours later, nobody in that department had eaten any of the pastries as they did not know who they belonged to. I do not know of any other workplace that is so polite you can leave an open box of fresh-baked pastries on the counter and return three hours later to find them untouched. They are kind people.
intelligent and hardowrking group of students willing to collaborate
Web Administrator, CA (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CaliforniaOctober 23, 2015
Good events organized by the group, was responsible, fun and excellent personal growth. The most enlightening, coordinated yet simple and like minded group of students for contributing and learning environment.
Pros
Easy going yet rigorous
Cons
Office staff can be more helpful.
Fun loving place to work
Image Filtering using MATLAB, Verilog and (Former Employee) –  santa claraJuly 16, 2015
fun work place with supportive management. personally growth interacting with industry people and help to make you more strong towards your knowledge
Fun workplace, great opportunities
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 22, 2015
The University provides its students with great opportunities to develop interpersonal and professional skills. Most hospitality workers are students and are therefore allowed to prioritize.
Pros
growth, free lunches, network
Cons
late hours
IT for business school
Information Technology Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 3, 2015
i enjoyed this postion because no day was the same. I picked up skills that I was able to use in other positions. The manager treated students very decently and appreciated our hard work. The only short coming was around finals, some people would flake out and not show up on time.
Pros
Got to study on the job. Pleasant environment.
Cons
Sometimes other workers were not considerate of other's schedules.
Great job while being in school
Student Assistant and Peer Adviser (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 20, 2015
I loved working in the Political Science department at Santa Clara. My boss was amazing and I enjoyed working closely with the professors. Even though they could be slightly demanding with their requests, I liked doing whatever they asked because they were so nice and I learned a lot from them.
Each day I would do expense reports, reconcile the department budget, update the website, peer advise students, run various errands for professors, and make scans and copies.
Pros
Free lunch, working closely with professors, great boss
It was okay
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 4, 2015
It was a part-time job in college that helped me pay for little things. It wasn't the best job I held but it had a good use and I learned how an office environment operated.
Very Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Event Planning (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara CaAugust 31, 2015
Great work environment that really focuses on customer service. Hires people with great attitudes, people skills, and work ethic. One of my first jobs out of Santa Clara. A job that once you get it, it makes you want to stay and build as it grows.
Rewarding community-based work in encouraging environment
LEAD Writing Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 25, 2014
A typical day in the Santa Clara University Writing Center included helping undergraduate and graduate students (including ESL and native speaking students) with all aspects of their research and writing. This could include anything from drafting an outline and defining a thesis in order to create a focused and well-organized argument, to proofreading a completed paper. The management style was predominantly hands-off in order to allow for the individual clients and staff members to establish a positive and encouraging relationship in whatever way they deemed most effective for the given circumstance.
The most important skills I learned while working here were how to effectively communicate with a diverse range of clients, time management, editing and proofreading, attention to detail, organizing concepts, and defining goals.
Great School Job
Sports Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 21, 2015
As a marketing major at Santa Clara University, I am lucky to have gotten an opportunity to work with our sports program. The timing is very flexible with my class and workload schedule and the management is easy going and understanding when it comes to scholastics. I do a variety of activities here including: copy editing, filing and organizing, note taking, etc.
Interesting and exciting work place
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITYApril 4, 2015
My work includes the tasks of analyzing drawings of cold form steel structure, structural analysis, and design calculations using respective building codes. This is a team work of 4 members and I have a health work relation with my team and everyone in the team are friendly, cooperative and innovative. I have hands on experience in using Microsoft office, AUTOCAD, Structural software’s like SAP2000, Staadpro, and XTRACT etc through this work. The most enjoyable part of this work is analysis different members of structure and the structure as a whole. It is fun working with different software's and designing of real structures.
Former student turned employee
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 10, 2015
Beautiful campus surrounded by awesome, happy employees most of the time. However, the mentor I worked under was an egotistical professor only worried about her research while giving off a facade that she cared about her associates. In actuality, all she cared about was maintaining her reputation as a published professor.

4.5