Santa Clara University Employee Reviews

Working at the Call Center
Annual Fund Student Caller (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 6, 2017
I'm a student caller who reaches out to alumni and friends of the University in order to receive donations. A typical day at work is a three-four hour shift, where I sit and call people. Its fun
Productive place for students
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 3, 2017
Great place to work and you learn a lot through the people you meet and work with. I loved working here and it gave me a lot of experience for what's out there in "the real world"
A fine place to work
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 5, 2017
Great benefits and a campus culture that celebrates the university's history. Very focused on improving student experience.
Fun Work place
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working here, wish i could've worked longer
They really worked with you and your schedule
They made working fun
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CADecember 15, 2016
The staff was great to work with I had no issues my boss was awesome and insightful. I learned a lot while I was here and was able to complete my student responsibilities at the same time.
Fun work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 14, 2016
Management is very nice and patient. Willing to work around your schedule. Most dates tend to not be busy until 1. Great place to work overall
Academic environment
Costume Shop Supervisor/Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 9, 2016
I worked in the theatre department. Santa Clara University (also referred to as Santa Clara) is a private non-profit Jesuit university located in Santa Clara, California. Founded in 1851, Santa Clara University is the oldest operating institution of higher learning in California, and has remained in its original location for 165 years. The university's campus surrounds the historic Mission Santa Clara de Asis, which traces its founding to 1776. The campus mirrors the Mission's architectural style, and provides a fine early example of Mission Revival Architecture.
Pros
Lots of free food events!
Cons
Below industry compensation; great campus
Staff (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 1, 2016
This is an outstanding academic institution that is struggling to keep up with the growth of Silicon Valley and Bay Area standards. This university cannot keep up with the compensation levels required in Silicon Valley. As a result, they tend to hire underqualified applicants who are willing to work for less. Those who are successful usually move on to better paying positions at Cal and Stanford.
Pros
Great Campus, great student body. High academic standards that continue to improve.
Cons
Compensation levels are behind industry standard, egregiously behind community standard.
The people that work there are dedicated to the mission and are very customer service oriented.
Assistant Vice Provost (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 25, 2016
Depending on the day of the week it could be fast paced or very slow. I learned to deal with many issues associated with facilities management, something I had not done prior to working at Santa Clara University. My co-workers were the most enjoyable part of the job, they really cared and wanted the IS Division to function effectively.
Great Workplace
Associate Director of Systems & Data Analysis (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 21, 2016
Great President and Great University. Some departments are clearly in trouble because of an ethics issue. Father Engh is trying to improve it but it could take time. The President is a great man and very ethical.
Productive environment where learning is encouraged
Computer Engineering Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 16, 2016
Working with students is great! Teaching labs is fun and most of the time I got to help students learn about standard coding practices and computer science topics.
Layed back with very nice people
Spreadsheet Admin (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 22, 2016
Everyone at SCU was a pleasure to work with. Typical workday comprised of setting up a meningitis spreadsheet for a mass vaccination of all the students.
Ok place to work
Customer Service Professional (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 16, 2016
Depend on your department and team. The Business School was a challenging place to work, lots of gossipers and people who only like to help themselves.
Productive fun place to work at, nice management
Web/ Mobile Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 23, 2016
Productive fun place to work at, nice management who are helpful. Pay is a little above standard and work hours are flexible.
Pros
work hours are flexible.
Cons
Growth is limited.
Perfect student position with flexible hours and scheduling
Information Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 13, 2016
Job consists of answering phones, providing information, and setting up/taking down events within the building. The job has very flexible hours and is under excellent management.
Easy and convenient
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 26, 2016
Being a full time student it was good as less time taking and manageable. It helped me also to get an experience of interacting with students and help with their problems.
santa clara
Teaching Assistant ship for Computer Networks (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 14, 2016
It's good to be in Teaching assistance position, so that it would be great opportunity for me to go over basics of networking.
Productive and rewarding workplace experience.
Bronco Bench Foundation Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 26, 2016
Santa Clara University Athletics was a great starting point for my career. A typical day working in the athletics department consisted of developing new social media initiatives, managing Bronco Bench Foundation events, and creating new promotions. I learned the strong push marketing skills needed to promote Santa Clara Athletics.
Pros
Flexible hours and events
Cons
Short breaks, no overtime.
Productive and supportive environment
BASEBALL ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Working for the SCU baseball team is very rewarding. My boss is supportive and is regularly available if I have questions on formatting or content for newsletters. Along with another student, we produce monthly newsletters featuring current baseball news and various announcements, which are then sent to alumni and baseball families.
Pros
Experience, news writing practice, friendly work environment
Cons
unpaid
Great Work environment
Orientation Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CANovember 17, 2015
This was a great leadership position. This position is quite competitive but is also quite fun and rewarding. The manager really allowed you to embrace your creativity and find what works best for you. Very reliable staff and manager. Wish this Job was for more than a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Clara University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5