Santa Clara Valley Water District Employee Reviews in United States

A great company with a great culture
Office Specialist II (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 25, 2016
I learned a lot while I was employed there. I was exposed and supported 4 different departments. I worked with a great team of employees. My managers supported me with new learning opportunities. Unfortunately I was a temp there and maxed out all the hours available to me.
Pros
Great team work
Recruiter
Staffing Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, caJune 11, 2015
• Performed a variety of technical and administrative functions including recruitment of direct hire, interim and temporary employees
• Plan, prepare and conduct recruitment programs, including preparation of job announcements, outreach to schools, minority publications, internet and professional organizations
• Conduct job fairs and recruitment events
• Develop, prepare and administer new and improved assessment techniques including oral, written, performance and other selection tools
• Research, compile, analyze and report information to hiring managers in the areas
• of candidate selection
• Superior customer service to internal and external job applicants and hiring Managers
• Able to quickly establish relationships at all levels
Government Office
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 3, 2013
The typical day at the water district included checking emails, assisting managers and maintaining our emergency response equipment. Co-workers were friendly, managers were encouraging and the work was entry level. Hardest part of the job was the lack of employees in the department. Most enjoyable part was working within a government agency.
Pros
great pay and benefits.
Cons
management
Productive and fun workplace
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CaApril 29, 2015
From working with a diverse group of people I learned to be a better team leader, and it gained the ability to communicate with people at all levels of management.
Pros
Diversity of people
Cons
Can be very bureaucratic
Professional, diverse environment with great management.
Engineering Intern (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 4, 2012
I feel very fortunate to work in a professional environment where management treats employees with a great amount of respect.

My boss is very understanding of my commitment to education and allows me to adjust my schedule on short notice if I must prepare for a midterm/final. He understands my priorities and assigns me to a variety of different project to allow my internship to be as well-rounded and educational as possible.
Poor management leads to lack of productivity.
Hydrographer I (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 4, 2014
Good experience in the field of watershed science. The slow paced nature of working for the government is no place for a your highly driven person. I wish to return to the private sector so that I can be pushed to work harder and be challenged to not only produce high quality work but also do it efficiently.
Pros
relax atmosphere
Cons
not high paced enough
NeT
Lead / Architect (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 17, 2015
• Maximizing the productivity of the project team by installing an effective development environment, establishing programming, design, and other technical standards, training team members, and providing advisory and trouble-shooting support
• Providing a focal point for all technical issues and initiatives on the project
• Make sure that all components of the technical architecture are properly implemented.
no fun, no hope place to work
Sr. DATABASE Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 15, 2015
it's a low pay and no fun at all, the managers are so mean to everyone and push very for every project, I don't recommend people to work there.
Pros
nothing
Cons
fixed hour no flexiblity, high presure, angerly managers everywhere
no new techlogy to learn
Sr. DATABASE Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 22, 2015
There are all old system/software, way behind the technology. And people doesn't want to change anything, some system security hole is high risk and no one care about it.
A burecratic Institution
Former Engineer and a Board Director (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 15, 2012
A journalist nicknamed this company as "Golden Spigot" which is abundantly wasting public tax money on bureaucracy; Excessive staff with excessive salaries and retirement benefits that has become a big burden on the taxpayers
Great agency to work for
IT (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 19, 2013
Everyone is happy working at the Santa Clara Valley Water District. It seems like a great place to work. The only bad part about my position is it is temporary, six month contract. that is why the low rating for job security.
Good Management
Junior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAAugust 7, 2013
A good place to work. Good management and co-workers. Everything was good.
Pros
got off from work very early
Cons
started working at 7:00am
Intern
Council Assistant Intern for District (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 27, 2013
Typical day included usual intern tasks such as office work and errands.
Pros
great pay!
Cons
bad management.
Great place to learn
Office of Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 31, 2015
I enjoyed my time on contract here. I learned a lot and was able to use those tools to create other opportunities. Working at the main campus was great and a beautiful place to work.

4.2