Santa Fe College Employee Reviews in United States

The most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Test Proctor and Computer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 19, 2016
Meeting all the students that come through my testing department and being a part of all their accomplishments and success.
Pros
Two breaks and a lunch
Great People, Great Atmosphere
Student WEBsmith (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 18, 2016
Santa Fe College offers a wonderful work experience and great benefits. The people are friendly, hard working, team-oriented, and always willing to help. My specific position lacked the career advancement I am seeking, but anyone who wants a job in the educational field should 100% look to Santa Fe. It's a great environement.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Certified Test Proctor and Computer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 15, 2016
Training new staff. I enjoy teaching others a new job skill and seeing them use their training to make the work place a better place.
Pros
2 breaks and a 30 min lunch.
Great Education Opportunities
Currently enrolled (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 3, 2016
Excellent school needs to expand opportunities for older students.

I am not working here, currently enrolled in Marketing Management Program for AS degree.

Online courses make it possible for full time workers to go back to school to improve your skills for the workplace.
Pros
Update your skills
Cons
Not sensitive to full time workers
Excellent educational opportunities in a small college setting
Student (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMarch 5, 2016
Excellent educational opportunities in a wide range of career areas. The campus is small but offers the full range of educational experience found at a large university. The campus library is small but affiliated with the University of Florida and students have access to all of both library's databases.
Pros
Size, Variety of opportunities, Library resources.
Cons
Not a full service four year university.
Productive and friendly environment
Educational Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 7, 2016
I started this job after taking a Stagecraft Class, my professor told me that he noticed my work and dexterity in class and that made him ask me if I would be interested in being an Educational Aide at the carpentry shop.
My professor became my boss, and he was very professional and strict, but very friendly. My peers were excellent teamworkers. A whole day at this job was enjoyable for me. I was passionate about every task and had enthusiastic partners as well. I had to leave the job because I transfered to the University of Central Florida, otherwise I would have continued.
Pros
Learning never had an end.
Cons
This job wasn't available for Full-Time.
Productive and fun place to work that had every game you could ever want.
Rec. Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 5, 2015
I was the Rec.Room Supervisor at the time. I enjoyed my job. Clock students in/out the room so they can relax after long days of work, tests, and other stuff going on in their personal lives. The place was like heaven to us. We had ping pong tables, pool tables, wiis, ps3s and people would bring in their own systems. We would sometimes do events for students. Other club like the spanish club, gaming club and/or student government would throw parties. Those times were great. Sadly, it was only 2 years but I loved the atmosphere. Best time ever
Pros
Amazing place to grow, friendly co-workers, pay was good(at the time), chill job, no stress and many more things I'll let you imagine.
Cons
my time there was too short
Tough
Zookeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 10, 2015
Student position but treated as an employee. Did work that should have been paid or compensated for in some way. Working in sun, strenuous relationships at time, but staff is there if you need them.
Productive and fun place to work
Desk clerk/service clerk (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLAugust 18, 2015
I enjoyed coming to work, my co-workers were always so uplifting and bright, always making my day better. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to and help many people during the day.
Pros
Having college counselors with me every day to help me direct my college path.
A great first job!
Unit Aide (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 10, 2015
I went into this job as a beginning college student. It worked around my classes and gave me time to work on class/homework. The people were friendly and easy to work with. A typical day would be pretty simple. I would log into my computer and check my email to see the daily newsletter and to check if my boss had a special assignment for me. I would distribute mail each day and make copies for the instructors in the unit. If the copier was jammed, I would be the one to fix it. There was no hard aspect of this job. The people were great and I couldn't have had a better first job!
Pros
time for school work, flexible schedule, nice co-workers
Cons
no breaks
Best job
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 8, 2015
I would show up to work and my supervisor would give me task to get done. initially i worked closely with him, later on i was left to my own devices. every day was a different problem to solve and that was the best part about it.
Pros
learning environment
Cons
not enough hours
This job was informative and the employees were amazing.
Work study/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Archer FLJuly 17, 2015
A typical day at work for me would be to set up classrooms for the professors and putting out signs which contained the daily news and activities going on at the school. Also, I worked at the front desk answering calls, filling out minor papers, and just being of assistance to anyone in need. The most enjoyable part about this job was definitely the employees. The employees were very helpful and nice. the hardest part of my job had nothing to do with the job itself. During the time I had babysitting issues that made it a little tougher on me being that I was working at school, going there full time as a student, and also had a second job.
Pros
Beneficial
Cons
Very productive work place; enjoy working with students
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alachua, Fl 32615June 25, 2015
I have learned a great deal about managing 4 programs with annual budget preparations including capital equipment needs. I enjoy the environment and the work ethic of all of my co-workers. We work as a cohesive team.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Salary is not what I would like
Good job
Director, New Student Orientation/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 10, 2015
This is a great opportunity for recent college graduate students to come into an entry level job, learn and grow in the field of higher education
Awesome place to work, especially if you're full-time
Recruitment Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 29, 2015
Interacting with prospective families. Developed so much as a professional and was challenged daily to be a better professional. Hardest part is being given a new opportunity that was out of my comfort zone. Best part was being given a new opportunity that was out of my comfort zone.
Productive and Enriching Work Environment
Supplemental Instructor / Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 1, 2015
I learned how to utilize my teaching and leadership skills so that the students I worked with benefited the most. The most challenging moments were when I had to manage the math lab without my co-workers. I learned how to effectively manage my time working with student, and have incorporated this skill in the real world.
Fun interactive learning environment
I.T. Support (Current Employee) –  GainesvilleMarch 3, 2015
My days consist of filling work orders, which can include anything from updating software, to replacing parts in the computer, to even re imaging the computers themselves. Every day is a learning experience and since i love computers so much it is all enjoyable. if i had to chose the worst part of this job, it would be taking inventory but that's about it.
Pros
update on new tehcnology
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome
IT Help Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 16, 2015
It was great. always laid back but got the job done and it was a great atmosphere overall love the people and the management was so professional and understanding.I'll never forget my days there.
Pros
great for college students
Cons
too comfortable at times
Very Fun Place to work
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Very Fun Place to work located near UF. Awesome place to work as well.
Good working enviroment
Front Desk and Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLDecember 29, 2014
Good pace working environment. The pay isn't too great but the learning experience is great.

4.4