Santa Fe Public Schools

Santa Fe Public Schools Employer Reviews

Legislative budget cuts have limited the teaching opportunities in SF
Long Term Sub - Difficult students (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: an opportunity to enhance learning and to make a difference
Cons: cut back in licensed teaching positions
A typical workday was like herding and training a basket of feral bobcat kittens. What I learned is that most every person can be reached with high expectations, mutual respect, and uncondi-tional love. Management was supportive and coworkers were magnanimous. The hardest part of the job was separating from my students when the school year ended. The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was in seeing an 'Ah ha?' moment on the face of a student. – less
Lone finalist for Athletic Director, Oct 2013
Director of Athletics (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMDecember 6, 2013
SFPS is in the midst of an educational reform. School is managed by Harvard educated leaders that seem to have lost touch with theory vs. first hand teaching experience. They wasted a considerable amount of time and money for the SFPS, candidates, and employees in the interview process; after I was selected by the committee, I received an email that – more... they were not going ot hire an AD after all.

I would stay away from SFPS....great resort town, terrible public schools. – less
Excellent example of a School District and teaching curriculum
SUBSTITUTE TEACHER (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMDecember 11, 2012
Pros: small classes, bussing, parent particpation, children behavior
Cons: cold weather, rough roads
I worked in the Santa Fe Public School District as a SUBSTITUTE TEACHER for 1 year and was impressed with the commitment in all areas of education. Teaching is challenging no matter what district and what part of the country you teach.

New Mexico is an example of how the people of the state treat their children to getting a higher education. The children – more... want to learn and work very hard at becoming successful student. I learned many things working in the Santa Fe Public School District. I Substituted from K-12 ALL SUBJECTS in over 20 schools; elementary, middle and high schools.

Santa Fe is a beautiful scenic area good for learning and teaching. The many teachers I had the great opportunity to meeting assisted my Substitute Teaching that much more of a plesant experience as did the Administration Support I recieved from all the schools I had honor for working in. – less