Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District

Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District Employer Reviews

Rewarding environment
Intensive Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee), Santa Monica, CAAugust 17, 2013
Working with individuals with special needs along with teachers who share the same passion. The involvement with parents is amazing when finding strategies to help both the student and parents.
Great School district
Teacher (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2013
Best district to work for in the Greater Los Angeles region. I mostly substitute taught Spanish. Typical day would be to go over lesson plan in the morning and teach each class accordingly throughout the day. Mostly working with High School kids is definitely a challenge but giving the respect they deserve does wonders for the teacher.
Productive and fun work environment
Physical Activities Specialist (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: high energy outdoor position
Cons: low pay scale not comporable to the cost of living
Worked daily on a school yard teaching physical education for students K-5th grade.
I learned a new level of patients working with kids and how to interact at each grade level.
The hardest part of the job was keeping my energy level up to match the students who seem to never get tired.
The daily conversations with my students were priceless memories – more... I will never forget. – less