Santa Monica-Malibu Unified School District Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Santa Monica, California - MSW Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 5, 2017
A really great place to work. I learned a lot. My supervisor was incredibly supportive and went out of their way to ensure that I grew and learned as much as I could.
Well organized
Recreation Leader and Assistant Sports Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Malibu, CA and Santa monicaAugust 22, 2017
Learning experience and gain a lot of information.Yeaching has made me a better person. I have work there for over 20 years at two different locations. I have a two Very good principals and office staff. The teachers have been very cooperative and encouraging.
Good overall student body and staff
ROP Counselor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 19, 2015
Good overall student body and staff. They could have enforced the dress policy a lot more. Some teachers were allowed to not teach much or manage students.
Hilarious place to work.
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CASeptember 16, 2014
I had some good times working there. Family and friends is what they were to me. A typical day starts off with a laugh. After all the food was cooked we would sit there and chat and laugh some more.
great place
English Language Development Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 7, 2014
Love working in tis district. Amazing and supportive community.
Satellite School
Behavioral Interventionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 17, 2014
Malibu public schools are remote in relationship to Santa Monica although they are both part of the same school district. Due to many factors, these schools are loosely regulated by the district itself.
Rewarding environment
Intensive Behavior Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 17, 2013
Working with individuals with special needs along with teachers who share the same passion. The involvement with parents is amazing when finding strategies to help both the student and parents.
productive
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  santa monica caJune 17, 2013
learned to work with various new staff and to lead variolus new staff in their position
Great School district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 30, 2013
Best district to work for in the Greater Los Angeles region. I mostly substitute taught Spanish. Typical day would be to go over lesson plan in the morning and teach each class accordingly throughout the day. Mostly working with High School kids is definitely a challenge but giving the respect they deserve does wonders for the teacher.
Productive and fun work environment
Physical Activities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 3, 2013
Worked daily on a school yard teaching physical education for students K-5th grade.
I learned a new level of patients working with kids and how to interact at each grade level.
The hardest part of the job was keeping my energy level up to match the students who seem to never get tired.
The daily conversations with my students were priceless memories I will never forget.
Pros
high energy outdoor position
Cons
low pay scale not comporable to the cost of living
nice place to work
food service worker (Former Employee) –  santa monica, caMarch 9, 2012
need more opportunity. nice selection for the children who are vegetarian
Pros
nice staff and selection for children
Cons
not enough hours to work.