Santa Monica College Employee Reviews

I was teaching other people but it taught me a lot as well
Supplemental Instructor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 7, 2017
This was the most rewarding job I've had by far because really impacting other people's lives and being able to see that come to fruition was the best feeling in the world.
Pros
free lunches and I made friends for life here
Cons
long training
a work place to make some extra money but nothing more
Assistant for the Recycling Department (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 6, 2017
My typical day at work was driving around with an electro mobile in order to empty all the trash bags in several buildings. After that, I was responsible for the proper recycling in our recycling area.
Smc is the most powerful one
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  math complexApril 18, 2017
SMC is the most powerful math center in all california.
This College has the most powerful and hardest levels of math and also the most advanced professors.
I am pleased to have worked there, as they taught me how to work hard for love!
Enjoyed teaching there.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 4, 2017
Seems like the most challenging aspect is always the students. Some were great and others simply didn't feel like working very hard. Such is the life of a professor.
Fun! Good mix with school
Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 2, 2017
Help is always needed. Since it's also at the school it's a good opportunity for students to get experience in the theatre. There are positions for everyone no matter age or restrictions.
Education
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 16, 2017
Excellence in education. The best ADN program in the nation. Highly recognized, leader in NCLEX passing rates. Clinical as well as Lecture professors hold really high standards of education.
My Experience Working at Santa Monica College
Receptionist/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 15, 2017
I fully enjoyed working at Santa Monica College. I met so many wonderful people and was able to further my education. A typical day at work consisted of myself assisting students and counselors. I filed paperwork, input student information, attending meetings, and so much more. I learned how to not only be a team player but to manage my time and get work done swiftly and effectively. Overall woking at Santa Monica was extremely beneficial for me.
Pros
Excellent Staff
Cons
I wish I could have stayed to connect with more people
Fun and great place to work
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 15, 2017
Working as Math Tutor required you to have good skills at Math, however, the supervisor is great. She is really nice and easy-going person. It is really enjoyable.
Counseling department where I assist students where to find internships and also schedule appointments to meet with counselors.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I work in the Career Services Center department in Santa Monica College. This department is a great resource for students to confirm their major, find jobs/internships, and meet with career counselors.
Pros
Only open from 8am-5pm
Cons
Have to be enrolled to meet with counselors
Challenging
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CA 90405December 26, 2016
Gain the ability to work in a fast pass environment. Co-workers are nice and friendly. The hardest part of this job was keeping up but little by little I got better at it. I'm seeking for a better opportunity.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Tiering
Good Work Study for Athletes
Event Staff (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 13, 2016
A job for athletes or non athletes within the athletic department of Santa Monica College. You get the chance to meet and help other athletes at the school and at others. You work with a lot of people and you learn a lot about different sports
Pros
Hours based weekly
Fun place
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CANovember 9, 2016
Very open ended fun and amazing. Met a lot of good friends here and stayed in touch with them. The work pace is relaxed and a perfect place to work for a student.
Math lab is a very relaxing place to work at
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 28, 2016
Very flexible with scheduling. They pay every month. Everyone is pretty down to earth. It is a perfect place to work at between classes and whatnot.
Best place to work
Business Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAAugust 9, 2016
I learned a lot from student
I like the environment there, there is stressful
my co-worker really nice, the boss is really helpful too
Interesting work place. Very useful for students seeking money and experience.
Peer Mentor (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 20, 2016
Working at Santa Monica College is a great experience. Learning how to communicate with low english level international students has improved my communication skills. A typical day at work would be to look at the new e-mails, checking with staff members if they need help and look at the schedule for any specific task of the day. The following of the day would be influenced by the amount of the student seeking for help coming to the office. There are some repetitive and boring tasks which are not enjoyable. On the other hand, the help we can provide to international students through e-mail and direct interaction is the best part of this job. The organization is very good which make you feel confortable all the time even when you make a mistakes. The co-workers are greatly experimented and joyful. They make some harder day more enjoyable.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Low Salary
Studious atmosphere, always learning new things.
Clerk/Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 7, 2016
An excellent school and a great place to work. I broadened my mathematical understanding and helped others to broaden theirs. It is great to help someone have a new insight. It is fun to see them light up with understanding.
Pros
Great supervisor.
Great place to work at
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Excellent staff to include Management. Very busy each beginning and end of each quarter. International workers and students. Great customer service.
Pros
Great enviornmet
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 20, 2015
As a student worker, I enjoyed working here because they understood the need for a flexible schedule. I was able to grow and develop and my supervisors were kind and supportive throughout my learning process.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Temporary as a student worker
Fun workplace with coworkers
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAOctober 10, 2015
International Education Center is an office serving the international students on campus. It handles application, provides visa information, and manages files of international students.
Fun and Convenient
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CASeptember 19, 2015
Working at school was convenient for me to go to after class. Professor was reliant on me, which made me more responsible for me job. Developed organizational skills as a result of keeping lab clean, washing equipment, and tallying up utilities. Having taken biology classes made helping students with their work much easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Monica College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7