Santa Rosa Junior College Employee Reviews

relax learning environment
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 20, 2017
I loved working for SRJC. I was always greeted warmly and treated as an equal member of the team. Everyone was helpful and very encouraging. Best job i've ever had
enjoyable
Admin I/Data Entry/ File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 12, 2017
It was a good experience, especially after being out of work for ocer 8 years. The campus student life was wonderful and it allowed me to network and hone my studies with on the job experience.
A happy environment with smart and friendly scientists and professors
Chemistry Stockroom Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 26, 2017
Chemistry stockroom is a great place to work at. It is a peaceful environment, working with experienced scientists and smart professors. I earned lots of great working experiences, for example assisted in the preparation of reagents,, used analysis instrument:NMR,IR,GC/MS, managed chemical waste and maintained safety checks in labs.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 7, 2017
Amazing experience to be able to assist students in need. A typical day would be filling out/filing paperwork, preparing presentations or giving presentations/outreach. An amazing opportunity to not only work but also learn from the working environment.
Pros
A lovely learning experience, especially from the students and community members.
Cons
STNC aka Short Time Non Continuing Positions (overworked, limited hours but yet expected to do so much)
Good school
Full time student working towards AA degree (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 8, 2017
I am satisfied with the teaching standards and the curriculum . The Campus is pleasent and there are plenty of spots for additional studying. Access is easily available bt public transport and there is ample parking on campus
Los of office games
Adjunct Math Instructor & TA (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I liked this job for a longtime but there where so many office games the stress from dealing with co-workers became too much for me. I had to say good by to this job. I worked at the SRJC for 11 years
Relaxed, casual working place with flexible scheduling
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAOctober 10, 2016
Mostly you sit in the lab at your desk and wait for students to ask questions. Then you try to help them solve their issues, which could be as simple as finding the save button on Word or as complex as how to debug a C++ program. I learned how to manage my time effectively and when/how to say "I don't know" when I didn't know the answer to something. Supervisor was hands off for the most part, but did periodically offer advice and help. Co-workers were other students who spent most of their non-busy time doing homework or other projects. The hardest part of the job was finding something to do, as it wasn't that busy most of the time. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you could successfully help a student.
Pros
Casual, relaxed, working with students
Cons
Slow-paced, sometimes boring
Imaging
Microcomputer Lab Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Petaluma, CASeptember 1, 2016
Most of my time was spent imaging labs and instructor computers. Not many people knew I existed even though I managed the majority of the computers on SRJC's Petaluma campus. I had two colleagues who didn't contribute much and I rarely interacted with them. My manager's office was in Santa Rosa along with the rest of our IT team so there was minimal supervision. As long as the work got completed in a timely manner he was satisfied.
Pros
Work at my own pace
Cons
Lack of social interaction
N/a
Assistant Director of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 25, 2016
N/A

Accomplishments at institution include awards from National Accreditation Agency for my development and implementation of Diversity Programs and Advisement to Black Student Union and Umoja Program.
Happy place to work!
Human Resource Office Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAAugust 1, 2016
I rate this as the most enjoyable job ever. The staff, specialists, manager, vice-president, and my direct supervisor were very caring, fun, and understanding, running a tight and busy HR office serving over 2,000 employees, not to mention all of the many ongoing, large recruitments. There was a reason I enjoyed going to work. There was also a reason I went home tired, even on short shift days. It was a pleasure to work hard at a good place! These ladies know how to run an HR office.
Pros
Always healthy and not so healthy snacks, potluck meals, and sharing.
Cons
None. How could you not like a place that had Fridays off too all summer long?
Remedial Math Program
Instructor (Adjunct) (Current Employee) –  Analy VillageJuly 5, 2016
Program in this developmental math department (CSKL = College Skills Department) provides lecture and laboratory experience to all students enrolled. The lecture classes are textbook driven and the lab work is computer assisted learning that reinforce lecture topics.
Pros
Great working environmenet
Cons
Good job, management could have used a few lessons.
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAApril 30, 2016
A typical day would start at 7:30am getting tests ready for students, and getting ready for the day. We had to find testing places for everyone, and coordinate who was working with whom. My co-workers, for the most part, were a great group of women. My direct boss, a male and the only one in the department, needed some social skills. He never spoke, not even to return a "good morning." Best part of the job is that I have friends for a life time, and I loved working in that type of environment.
I love my job!
Student Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 31, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to be able to work with professionals who are also students. I don't know what else to say.
Great place for unexperience students to earn first job
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMarch 24, 2016
As a permanent employee, there is great benefits.However, the problems with the budget and a strong case of favoritism make it almost impossible for even a adept in any profession to become a permanent employee.
Pros
can learn alot
Cons
will leave you looking for a better stable job elsewhere
Advanced Life Support Instructor - Part Time
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAFebruary 24, 2016
Volunteered part time to help out friends. It was a fun classes because they were recertification classes. Everyone had taken the main course before and was there for a refresher. My co-workers were fellow Paramedics.
Pros
The whole course
Cons
Giving up a Saturday
excellent place to work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa Junior CollegeNovember 10, 2015
Wonderful environment of learning to train the future dental assistants. The Instructional staff is professional and highly qualified. I would recommend that anyone interested in teaching, consider applying to the dental programs.
Slow, methodical workday that was focused on independent self-motivation.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CANovember 4, 2015
Working at the JC was nice - the people that I worked with were easy going and good natured and I was given almost free reign over how I wanted my work day to go.
Pros
Flexible scheduling.
Wonderful faculty and college mission statement
Full Time Nursing Faculty,ADN program (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CaliforniaJune 25, 2015
I taught nursing students in an RN associate degree program. I coordinated the Psychiatric Nursing section of the program. I developed and coordinated the medical surgical simulation program for all four semesters across the curriculum.
Pros
The work place, the mission statement and committment of the personel
Family orientated enviroment
Administrative Assistant AB86 Adult Education (Current Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 24, 2015
Correspondence with K12 superintendents
Correspondence with outside partners - Job link
Setting up meetings for AB86
SRJC Dental Clinic
RDH Internship (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJune 17, 2015
acted as receptionist/scheduler; communicated with patients by phone and in person. Provided chairside services (cleanings, scaling, exams, X-rays, treatments, and co-diagnosed with dentists). Offered supportive patient education and produced materials for home use. Handled money, gave receipts, and proficient in eaglesoft .