Santa Rosa Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

A team member of HHS improvement patient satisfaction scores always at 75%
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLJuly 17, 2015
I love working for HHS working well with my co workers and keeping my patient room cleaned and taken care of patient needs
Amazing Co-Workers; Not So Amazing Pay
Patient Care Tech-ICU (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLJuly 7, 2015
In ICU the PCT is a new thing, which means I probably shouldn't complain. But I want to warn newbies. In ICU if there is LESS THAN FOUR PATIENTS YOU CANNOT WORK! They put you on call and you make maybe $3.00 an hour for being on call. Add in the fact that you will make less than $10 an hour it won't add up to the money you would be missing. I love my coworkers, and my boss. But the fact is the way they have everything set up makes it near impossible for the techs to work. Also they never have more than 3 nurses for 8 patients, which means if all nurses are busy and you are with a patient there is no one to answer the phones. YOU ACT AS UNIT SECRETARY WHILE YOU ARE THERE TOO! Make sure if all nurses are with patients you shut the doors if you are going to be in a patients room longer than 15 minutes because of you don't want unwanted visitors.
Pros
Amazing Cowokers, Teamwork, Act as a family, great insurance
Cons
On Call A BUNCH, the pay, two job titles
A lot of career opportunies
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLMarch 24, 2015
Excellent hospital to work for if you want to expand your career. Tons of opportunities to learn other modalities such as CT and MRI. Minimal workload but sometimes can busy.
looking to continue helping others
Onsite Patient Advocate (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLFebruary 16, 2015
Love what I do, Being able to help our patient with Medicaid assistance when they think they have no option. Love the people can be stressful and very demanding.
good people to woth with, physicians, co-workers and very good volunteers
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 22, 2014
physicians were very skilled in their field, co-workers skilled in their department. volunteers were very helpful and willing to do whatever was needed to help the employee with any project
intersting and new
LABORATORY ASSISTANT/PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, TXJuly 2, 2014
introduction to medical field. how to assimilate my self into the medical environment under the management and guidance of co-workers who where like family in a pleasant work environment. The hardest part of the job was trying to speak Spanish with a Philadelphian accent .the patients found it amusing.
Pros
challenging
Okay job with bad pay
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLMay 14, 2014
Drive to Milton typically took 60-90 minutes due to traffic with almost daily accidents on the way. After arriving to work received assignments. Nurses for the most part worked together, but the other staff were very poor team players. Nobody would assist the other staff. Patient assignments were frequently biased with some nurses getting extremely heavy patient loads and others getting very light loads.
Pros
always worked with the same group of nurses
Cons
poor pay and unable to request days off
Staffing Coordinator and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 4, 2014
Learned a lot of medical skills.
Very busy work days.
Supervisors were very fair and helpful.
Developed long lasting friendships with co-workers.
Transcribing doctors orders was the hardest part of job.
Working with doctors and staff was the most enjoyable part of job.
Small community hospital was a great first-time experience
Laboratory Internship (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLFebruary 22, 2014
SRMC was a great place for my internship! There was less volume than a huge trauma hospital, so I was able to work at a comfortable pace and get the experience to carry me forward.
Great
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milton,FlFebruary 3, 2014
This is a great company we actually just merge with community health system
Small hospital, but the only one in town!
Staff Nurse on a busy med (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 13, 2013
I started as a brand new RN working on the Med/Surg floor. The manager was wonderful; always willing to teach me or offer support.
I loved working with my co-workers; we would often team up. They never treated me as ignorant just because I was a new nurse. The hardest part of the job was the 12-hour shifts, which every nurse knows is more like 13 or 14 hour shifts! The most enjoyable part was that because it was such a small hospital, the opportunity to learn other areas of nursing such as the ER or the OR was encouraged!
Pros
the opportunity to learn different areas of nursing and the support of my co-workers and manager
Cons
the looooong hours!
Patient Care tech (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Team work was important here. Management great. I loved my coworkers at the time. Hardest part was staying away from my family. Good hours
Challenging work environment
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Milton FLAugust 29, 2013
hours are dependent on caseload
management is very flexible with families
good mix of orthopedic and medical caseload in hospital
Busy ER had good staff at night
RN (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLJune 5, 2013
Great night shift. Had good team players. I learned a lot in the Emergency Room and as House Supervisor.
Great job, many opportunities to learn new skills.
RN (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLNovember 25, 2012
Great job, many opportunities to learn new skills. Very hands on and customer focused! Great management!
Pros
diverse work environment (in pt surg and mother-baby)
Cons
way too far away from home.
Great doctors to work with
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 10, 2012
Very fast passed office. Non stop from the time you walk into the doors till you walk out. I learned so much from the doctors that I worked with and respect them very much. The management was not as it's best. We had one manager that was very good and understanding and would help you with anything. To a manager that did not care about their employees. Hardest part of my job was the fast passed office could not spend much time with patient. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the doctors and other staff they made work so much fun.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
very fast passed
Good place to work, Just relocating to Central Texas
Lead CT Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLOctober 6, 2012
Manage outpatient, ER, and inpatient CT scans while maintaining efficiency, and high standards for image quality. Assist physcian with invasive procedures, ie. CT guided biopsies, drainage catheter placement. Perform advanced cardiac CT angiography, as well as a full range of vascular angiography. Perform vessel analysis utilizing Vitrea workstation. Venipuncture certified. Maintain high patient satisfaction. Customer service is paramount.
Understaffed
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Milton, FLAugust 1, 2012
Outpatients allowed to come at all times. No help on the weekends.
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians.. Co-workers are nice people.. Everybody is burnt out.
Pros
laid back staff
Cons
no breaks on evenings even though they dock your pay
Close work environment,
RN Charge Nurse of CCU/ICU (Former Employee) –  Milton, FLApril 28, 2012
I worked in CCU/ICU for 15 yrs. I had developed good rapport with the physicians and co-workers. Everyone worked together. I worked in ED and Med/Surg on many of my off days. I enjoyed knowing most everyone in the hospital. Everyone was friendly. I was always learning something new everyday. We shipped out our more critical patients to bigger hospitals because they needed more/different facilities than we had. Overall it was a positive history of employment.
Pros
positive experience, everyone friendly, eager to help
Cons
new corperation bought us and terminated the older, more experienced, giving no clear reason
worked with children that is always a reward
volunteer (Former Employee) –  Milton, FlJanuary 22, 2012
I was able to work with the hospital when they conducted Christmas activities for the children in the hospital. I was able to be creative with them with the face painting and making Christmas presents. Also any other time SRMD had an activity stand as part of a festival for the kids I was able to conduct what we did.(ex. puppet shows., arts and crafts,etc.)
Pros
working with others, creativity, awards, good name throughout the community.
Cons
there are no cons, when you are enlightening a child's life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santa Rosa Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Santa Rosa Medical Center Reviews by Location