Santander Bank Employee Reviews

Entitled Spoiled Employees
Benefits Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAAugust 17, 2017
The culture at Santander is very much that those in higher positions have a sense of entitlement. These people are difficult to work for, they don't address problems with you should they have them, but go above you immediately to your supervisor. They also expect a result or answer to problems and question in a turn around time that is completely unrealistic for anyone.

The most enjoyable part of my day was working with those going on disability who actually were appreciative of my help.
unfair
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Unionville, CTAugust 16, 2017
changes Management and District Executives frequently , micro management , too many changes in Management so I made a decision that I needed a change as well
Very pushy with sales
Customer Service Representative / Teller II (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 15, 2017
Part-time employee working Full-time hours 6 days a week. Very pushy with sales. Having customers open several checking accounts or credit cards just to meet sales goals. Loved my customers.
a day in the life
Banker (Current Employee) –  Needham Heights, MAAugust 14, 2017
daily as a banker its my job to maintain the customers best interest with the bank offering as many ways as I can to help bring peace of mind to the customer
Pros
being a confident sorse fr customers
Cons
the lack of understanding about differtent emplyee stles and learned behavior
The worst jo I have ever had
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 14, 2017
I was so stressed at this job that I had to be hospitalized. They paid me peanuts for a hectic job. The management changed like the weather. People came and went. The turn over rate is high because everyone is miserable
motivation
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Rockaway, NJAugust 11, 2017
I do learn a lot everyday, it is a very good environment to work at, and very nice people as well. And i am welling to have future and growing with the bank.
Productive and great place to work.
Wholesale Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Villanova, PAAugust 10, 2017
My management team was great. They always found time to assist all the employees.
Santander believes that balance of life & work is very important.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Distance & Travel expense
Workplace culture
Branch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 9, 2017
There is no communication between management and the branch employees. They don't communicate to the branch about changes in a timely manner. It's hardtop keep up with the updates because everything changes way too often.
Pros
12 holidays off a year
Cons
minimal pay, no acknowledgment, little bonus
Corporate is brainless, co workers are the only thing worth it
Retail Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 5, 2017
Most managers care about they're employees on the retail side and understand corporates lack of use. A monkey can run this company better.

Santander's corporate office is trying to make this place like chase by minimizing tellers and overall staff. What they don't realize is that 80% of our customers are old and don't use technology like mobile banking. They can barley swipe their debit cards they're not gonna scan checks mobily.

The systems are behind ancient, I think they're from when Eisenhower was in office. They freeze up in the midst of transactions, and you need to shut the computer off sometimes to restart and customers get angry with, guess who, us, the tellers!!
Pros
Good co workers (Usully)
Cons
Prehistoric software, obnoxious customers, brainless corporate influence, unfair compensation, short breaks for long hours, policy changes that are difficult to keep up with...I could go on
N/a
Recovery Rep III (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 5, 2017
I truly enjoy working at Santander Bank. It is a great place to work and i like the culture of the company. I look forward to growing within the company.
Up and coming bank, great company, but lacks in management.
VP Small Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Hudson County, NJAugust 4, 2017
Company overall is great, products are great for small businesses but management towards employees and work life balance lacks significantly. The culture and the vision of the bank is awesome, but again management needs major improvement, an employee must feel great at his workplace.
It's a nice place to work if you get the right hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 4, 2017
This is a nice place to work if you get good hours there a certain requirements to get the bonus but if you miss even one of the requirements your bonus is out the window.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Short lunch and stressful
Great company with one downfall
Teller (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 2, 2017
*Work-life balance is very good

*Managers care about you and are always there to help.

*Training is very basic, most is on the job learning which I really enjoyed.

* The only DOWNFALL is the antiquated system and computers. Transactions take a lot of time to process( despite the IT department doing their best to increase efficiency) .

Despite that downfall Santander is still a great organization to work for.
Very forceful in making sure you hit your numbers
SMALL BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGER III, AVP (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2017
The culture is good, the team members are great. benefits and pay structure are fair. However, If management focus more of their energy in coaching and developing individuals this would be the perfect place. instead they point their finger and tell you what to do, stead of helping you get there. Although I can't say this is all management.
Pros
Good team to work with, with many great benifits
Cons
management very forceful into making sure you hit your numbers
Customer Service vs Sales
Teller II/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MAJuly 29, 2017
Enjoyable place to work, though every branch is different. However there are few opportunities to growth and the goal is sales not customer service. I think Customer service should be the main goal.
Pros
benfits
Cons
short staff, scheduling, low raises, no room for growth
not a good day
CCC RETAIL LD. REP (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 27, 2017
the calls could've been frustrating and there was no pace or help on the floor when needed. there was always a wait for a supervisor which made the customer even madder than what he was when he just called
ok
Branch Manager/SBRM (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2017
Its ok company to work but shortage of staff branch runs with skeleton staff. My immediate boss was very good but she was very help full to Run the branch
Consumer Lending Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, RIJuly 22, 2017
Great company that cares about it's employees and is an enjoyable place to work. Definitely offers opportunities for advancement. Management is wonderful and encouraging. Super friendly co-workers.
It has its ups and downs
Commercial Loans Administrator Mortgage Department (Current Employee) –  Florham Park, NJJuly 20, 2017
love the people i work with, the work we do is fairly simple
the program we use isn't up to date and changes are just now being made.
their needs to be better leadership.
Pros
co-workers, simple job
Cons
healthcare, benefits, management
Hectic but rewarding workplace
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 19, 2017
I worked at Santander as a mortgage closer and made loans for customers. Also helping create flood insurance policies and interviewing clients when they came to solicit their loans. While working in Santander I broadened my work experience by learning what it's like to have an entry level work position at a bank.
Pros
Work benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Bank. Our community is ready to answer.