Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews

No Comments
Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 17, 2017
Their is no loyalty and trust with management. There is no work life balance and you will be stress out everyday. Too many changes with upper management and there is no consistency.
Job Security
Vendor Oversight Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 15, 2017
I have been with Santander for over 7 years. As a company they have kept regular business, to ensure me employment. I am grateful for the opportunity I have had and the years of experience i gained working for the company.
Pros
Bank holidays off
Cons
Pay
Stressful!
Impound Recovery Analyst II (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 14, 2017
The role is stressful, demanding and you might know more than your manager (if in the impound department). The company only looks after their own (family and friends), it’s not what you know but who you know in this company.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Benefits, Work/Life, Management
Great company for internal advancement
DSS Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 13, 2017
This company really tries to promote internally and often. However, due to the new IT department changes that department is not as open to promotion when they started outsourcing.
Manager was awful
Telecom Engineer III (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 13, 2017
The experience was great. The manager and having to deal with the everyday mess was awful. Everyday is was something new was never happy make your life miserable
Pros
Discount on cars / trucks
Cons
managers
Competitive fun work place
Early Stage Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 13, 2017
San Tander is a good company with many opportunities to grow in the company.You learn how to manage accounts and learn new systems. The management could be a little more understanding. The hardest part of the job is getting a system to catch onto and follow as far as getting consistent payments from customers. It is a friendly place and room for growth.
Not a professional environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 13, 2017
Probably the worse job i had. Management really unprofessional. The job it self is really informative you learn a lot while working there.But on your own. Training wasnt really informative. It just sucked.
stressful inconsistent
Collateral Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  texasNovember 9, 2017
would not recommend working here. everything about working here is usually stressful.upper management dos not back up employees.do not work here do not work here
Pros
Cons
everything
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 7, 2017
It was a great work balance no complaints. Learned lots of leadership and management of time. No days was I too over stressed just wanted to make the best of the opportunity
Fun Place
Funding Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 2, 2017
It was a great place to work at and for the people were wonderful and I loved my job and the atmosphere of the company. Unfortunately I had to relocate.
A typical day at Santander
Collector/Skip Tracer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 1, 2017
my typical day at Santander stats off first four hours is calling and leaving messages on charge off auto accounts,also taking incoming call from customers. The rest of he day is sill taking incoming calls along with a lot of skip tracing. Finding as much information on customer such as place of business, family members, references,neighbors, last know addresses.
Reason for skipping tracing is that customers accounts are extremely past due and also charged off auto loans. Our goal is to find the customer and if so work out arrangement so that customer can keep there auto. If not able to find customer or if found and cant pay the necessary amount to satisfy the loan. We have to find the vehicle to he it repossessed.
My list consists of over 300 accounts and have to get at least 30 percent of list done on a daily basis.
What I have leaned is to be patient with customer to emphatic plays a big roll in the outcome of the customer.
The hardest part of my job is finding the auto or customer when we have very little formation to work with.
The work place culture is very diverse and have strong personalities around you and because of the high volume the area does get loud.
The enjoyable part of my job is reaching out to customers who feel that I have helped them out and are grateful for my help and feel that i gave them great quality of service.
Pros
if at top of the ranking by end of month you get bonous
Cons
sometime very hard to find customer and the auto
Average
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2017
Average company with a distorted culture. Management is decent, but there are a lot of managers who have no idea what they're doing. Really depends on what time you're working in, but there are definitely some very smart people there. Meetings always run late, and company strategy changes too much (short-term strategy at least). High attrition rates in some teams. Company benefits could be better.
Great for entry level poor after advancement
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2017
Once you become a manager or above, life gets stressful not because of work load but because the business is very quick to cut ties without coaching or reasoning.
Non-productive environment
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
The company used agile for all processes. Much of the software at SCUSA is very old, and outdated. Most of the work is low level maintenance work that is really not useful.
Benefits
Cons
Poorly organized teams
To be or not to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
If you are 'in' with Sr. Management you will be promoted. Otherwise, you collect a check and that's it. Working downtown is a hard commute for folks who live far north Dallas.
Cons
long commute
Productive and fun workplace.
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 15, 2017
I enjoy working at SCUSA. Each day is a new learning experience. Security officers patrol the parking lots on golf carts. Each exterior exit has security doors with badge readers and security officers. The entire floors are made of a material to comfort your feet and legs while walking. The work floor is setup nice and has an indoor walking track. Several restrooms.
Pros
Security doors, Televisions, great seating to rest at breaks, foos ball tables, vending area, big break room and cafeteria, indoor walking track.
Cons
Packed parking lot, paid time-off
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 13, 2017
great opportunities to advance in the company. Calm and relaxed workplace. Good benefits to those who are there for at least 6 months. Easy to learn and understand.
Amazing place to work
Decision Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
I interned at Santander in the summer before my senior year at TCU. I enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone I talked to was welcoming and open to having a conversation.
santander consumer usa is a overall wonderful company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2017
I am glad to have been able to have the opportunity to work with this company. Gaining a better experience with working under pressure as well as being able to multitask and successfully complete task.
Great
Titles specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2017
This was the best learning experience I've had and I've learned lots of new that's that enhance my skills also feel I've room to grow and become a better candidate to make a higher salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Consumer USA Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9