Santander Consumer USA Inc

Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Managers need extensive retraining
Late Stage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 21, 2015
I have experienced and witnessed multiple retaliatory acts by lower , middle and upper management!
Take this job only if you don't have any other option.
Bad managers,
lazy employees
lots of apathy
Poor management of accounts.
Advised a manager when I started that one of my clients was active duty, still demanded that I try and collect on the account. I went over his head and forwarded it to SCRA team and received an "unofficial" reprimand
Pros
you always get your paycheck on time
Cons
managments lack of effort in all things
Summary for Santander
Back End Team Lead (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXDecember 14, 2015
Over all a good Company to work for. Very structured and organized, with great benefits. The Company also good for Recognition when employee meet their goals or above.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Work on Sunday
Great
Credit Card Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2015
Great company to work for/ very nice people. Growing fast with lots of growth. all about who you know. babababababbbacmcmcdodol
Great culture and flexible structure
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2015
The culture at SCUSA has been tremendous as management is laid back and allows freedom. The work environment is fast pace and constantly changing.
Pros
Good culture
35 Yr Record for Worst Ever Management
senior business analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2015
Boss = lies ; wanted changes in processes he didn't even understand what it was!
IT is terrible - and near everyone there knows things do not get fixed. Yet you'll be held accountable for systems that never works in the systems.
Pros
Mgt has a finite lifespan
Cons
Mgt will tremble over their ways in the end. Lying liars and the lies they tell
Dis-functional Origination lacking leadership at all levels
Employed at Santander USA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 21, 2015
Santander Consumer USA is the holding company of Chrysler Capital. Not associated with Chrysler Corp. They are just Doing Business As. The VP of Operations is a 30+ year old that has never been in a Management position. Came straight from the buyers desk into a position that requires; experience, skills in the competing market place, and Leadership experience. Of which he has none and still has not developed into today. He has deployed a buyer pitted against buyer bonus commission plan. Where you are ranked among the buyers on your team.You have to defeat them to get to the top position to get the biggest payout bonus. If you end up at the few spots from the bottom you will receive $0 bonus. I would not recommend this company. They are not employee centric. Employee 's are of no value to this company. You will feel exposed and limited in what you can do. They do not encourage entrepreneurship. If you come to them with ideas in the Round Table meetings, that are not inline with theirs. You will immediately become and outcast. Stay away from this company. There are many companies our there in the auto finance realm. That will provide a great work environment. This place is more like a sweat camp. In the last 3 months, more than 25 buyers have left the company. There are no promotion opportunities...as they only have slots they promote to. You have to wait for a slot to open, to be promoted. That tells you there is no value placed on a employee. There are no severance packages. They don't pay you accrued vacation time if you leave the company.I would avoid they company at all cost.  more... On a scale of 1 to 10. This company ranks a -1. Stay away!  less
Pros
There are none for this company
Cons
come in late due to traffic and your time will be deducted from your vacation accrued time, Can never work from home, If you have to go to the dentist for an hour. they make you take the whole day off Ugly company
Productive and Challenging place to work
DSS Engineer lll (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 12, 2015
Productive and Challenging place to work
Some management can be a little on the extreme side but thats expected of a publicly traded company
good
Late Stage Account manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 11, 2015
great company to work for nice people good work environment i would tell people to work here if they are looking for a job its pays well and you can bonus if you work hard
Productive and Fun
collections II (Former Employee) –  N. Richland hillsNovember 10, 2015
Contact borrowers who have defaulted or are at risk of default on their mortgages by phone calls, letters, evaluate the borrowers intent and willingness to pay, reason for default and inability to pay, drafting stipulated and non stipulated repayment plans,
forbearance plans, reinstatements, deferments etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job...
IT Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2015
I started this job with two associates working directly for me. They were soon replaced with two more and eventually my team grew to 13 including myself. Our first goal was to achieve 80% physical accountability for all IT assets with a value of more than $100. Our starting benchmark was at 40%. Within the first year, my team developed, documented, and implemented an inventory and procurement process that where the end state showed 96% physical asset accountability and a new procurement accountability rate (using an auditable, defined newly-developed process) of 80%. The team celebrated our victory and used this achievement as a jumpstart in gaining trust with our compliance teams to begin auditing processes based on our inventory findings. With sometimes long hours, and always positive attitudes, my team has become a family of successful associates that have kept the same hunger since inception.
Pros
Fun Location
Cons
Far from residence
Legal Department - Complaints Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 22, 2015
I love working at SCUSA however the commute is a problem for me. The relocation to Dallas has been a hardship. The salary and annual bonuses are great!
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Commute
100+ employees smiles on faces or make them smile.
Early Stage Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 20, 2015
Company is great to work for but not enough advancement in where I want to be. Upper management not a motivator in acknowledging good feedback,
Good workplace
Loss Prevention Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2015
Great work place with supportive management. alway has new positions opening. Big Company thats growing rapidly. Great and helping co workers. Everyday is challenging. Great managers. There is personally growth and room to promoted to other positions.
Pros
always something new either free lunch or guest speakers, company events
Far drive!!!!!!!!!!
Credit Card Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2015
Didnt like the hours. Kept me away from my family very often. Wish they would fix that. Thats all I have to say on that. The coworkers kept me motivated to achieve my goals.
Work from Home one day per week
Program Manager - IT Business Transformation (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 28, 2015
Employees are treated well; management struggles with the rapid growth. It is difficult to learn the business applications as they are internally developed with little documentation.
Fun workplace
Late Stage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 17, 2015
A creative, inspiring environment that focuses on being more than a collection department, but more of an helping hand for the customer. With all the tools that are available, success is the only option at this position
Pros
part time hours
Cons
short breaks
done
Account Manager Late Stage04 (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 8, 2015
completed already for santander consumer usa
motivating company to help employees meet there goals
coworkers are teamplayers
Speaking with Credit Analyst and Inside Sales Associates
Dealer Maintenance Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxAugust 29, 2015
Daily job duties vary. Management of queues is broad with many different questions related to Dealer Agreements. Anywhere from how to change the dealers banking information to completing a Dealer Agreement to the navigating the Vendor system.

The management is very knowledgeable when questions arise and seem very fair with delegating the workload.

My co-workers are enjoyable to work with.

The hardest part of my job is actually the commute and the cost of parking.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being confident in what I do and helping out other departments with the knowledge I have acquired in this position.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
The commute and cost of parking
Most enjoyable
Loss Mitigations (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 20, 2015
Santander was a great place to work the co-worker around me was always professional we worked as a team to achieve the company goals and the bonus structure was rewarding.
Insecure Top Heavy Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2015
HR and Sr Mgmt pursued me for over a yr to join this company as Manager in Dallas office. Upon arrival I did not work for Sr Mgmt team I had come to develop a relationship with. I was hired to manage staff that were qualified, mature, very knowledgeable, professional. There was a lot of unexplained and unexpected disappearing staff members, while remaining staff kept their heads low and never spoke about the high turnover.

HR spent two days lecturing about the culture and vision as well as the endless opportunities. My hiring class consisted of approximately 40 people. 30 days later, I was no longer employed by this corporate pseudo imposters. Would never recommend this company as a choice of employment for any one who calls themselves human.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many meetings about scheduling the next meeting