Santander Consumer USA Inc

Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Early/Late Stage Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richland Hills, TXApril 23, 2015
a typical day at work to come and log on to the phones and take collection calls. Manager gave daily reports of stats and how to improve.
A company with potential
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland HillsApril 8, 2015
A growing company that is still trying to find its footing as a new publicly traded company. They have potential but are still trying to find there way.
Pros
potential for growth in certain areas
Cons
a more structured management training program
Fun Environment to work in, with great bonuses
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  denver, coloradoApril 4, 2015
Days begin at 9am and end at 6pm
we would be expected to make 400 outbound calls to clients a day
management was excellent, helpful, great listeners
co-workers are the best part of the job, they are more like family
Pros
company parties
Good people
Operational Risk Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2015
Exciting, fun, busy, fast paced, something to do everything and relaxed environment. Team work is key and I have that at Santander.
Pros
Team work
Benefits
Poor Management
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  United StateMarch 23, 2015
Santander is a sub prime auto lender. In 90% of the cases that an auto dealer needs to use Santander, it's the dealers and customers last hope. This is the mentality Santander has when it comes to customer service.

Management is poor and could possibly be categorized as non-existent. With 100% growth in size due to an acquisition management is either overwhelmed or under qualified.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
poor management
sterile
IT Asset Buyer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 5, 2015
I felt as though I would never fit into the company nor did they try to make me feel as though I was welcome. I think the product they produce is good, however the stress and work level of the employees was not good. Work life balance was not positive. Management expected you to work 24hrs.
Pros
salary
Cons
management
Feels like home.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Wonderful company to be apart of. Family atmosphere. Managers are always handy and willing to help when needed. Everyone is excited to be apart of the team.
Pros
pay rate, schedule
One of the most unprofessional places to work
Impound agent (Former Employee) –  N. Richland HillsFebruary 26, 2015
Poor leadership, unorganized, you will not be properly trained. (no manuals, policies & procedures, productivity info, Managers were never available, no teamwork & doctoring of accounts.
Pros
all the over time you can handle
Cons
poor management, no training, no ethics, no structure, treat their employees poorly
all about the investors and profit
skip investigator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Initially I was hired by Beneficial Finance who were great at promoting their brand and their employees, 2 years later we were bought out by HSBC Bank , who were less concerned with promoting their employees than their brand but offered similar pay , bonus and benefits. 4 years later we were bought out by Bank of Santander, who were only concerned with profit margin, their was no such thing as a typical day , if a co-worker called in sick , or on vacation in your department or any other , you worked their loans along with yours. Their were no real co-workers to bond with as most of my former co- workers had left for other opportunities, because if you didnt make your numbers you were terminated within 90 days, not to mention the multiple legalities pending on the bank.The most enjoyable part of the day was when i finished my shift and went home. Which is why i left 18 months after the buy out . I was, offered a promotion and a raise in pay if i stayed , but the working environment was unhealthy
Pros
good 401
Cons
poor working environment
Productive and nice place to work
Customer Service/Servicing (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 24, 2015
There were never any typical days at work. It was something different each day. Maybe a new employee or lost an old one. There was daily change at Santander so we all worked each day to the fullest.
Pros
weekly gift giveaways
Cons
short breaks
Fast pace daily stat race with focus being on the quota oppose to true customer service.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXFebruary 20, 2015
•Responsible for responding to inbound and outbound calls regarding retail and leased accounts and services.
•Implement the initial phase of the insurance claim.
•Respond to basic consumer questions regarding vehicle titles.
•Process payments in the first phase of the collection process.

Learned how to maintain balance while adjusting to a constant changing environment.
Management was switching positions and departments regularly which in turn advocated instability.
Co workers were very casual and intertwined knowledgeable people.
Hardest part of the job as the inconsistent leadership and horrific cpu systems that broke down daily.
Being able to assist customers quickly made the day go by fast and it was enjoyable.
Pros
bonus monthly
Cons
unstable change in management created inaccurate information conveyed to customers.
Good overall
Early Stage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Overall it is a good job to work with. Company does show their appreciation towards their employees. Good benefits. Love their training. Learn a lot.
Pros
complement breakfast, monthly bounces, benefits
Cons
too strict on attendance.
inbound/outbound call center
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  north richland hills txFebruary 17, 2015
all you do is take inbound and outbound calls all day long assist with insurance claims,titles, taking payments, training new agents.
Stressful Freezing Cold Workplace
COLLATERAL RECOVERY SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXFebruary 5, 2015
The turnover rate is ridiculous. Their policies are unethical when it comes to attendance. No singe parent without support can flourish there.
Great environment and great people
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 27, 2015
Through these last years at Santander, my days have been filled with new experiences and educational moments. My co-workers have done everything to make me feel comfortable. It feels like a family environment. Working customer service doesn't always mean you're helping people. At times, you just have to listen to someone vent their frustration with you at the receiving end. Though there may be tough moments, you aren't the only one going through them. As my coworkers also have to go through the same trials that I do, it makes it much easier to cope with these situations. The management team excels my expectations on a daily basis. I learn more and more everyday not only in our field but also with things that I can take as I follow my career path. I would highly recommend working at Santander to anyone looking to forward there career in this area.
Demanding
Litigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 25, 2015
Professional work environment. Opportunity for advancement. Very little personal time earned.
Unprofessional Inexperienced Management with a lack of Business Knowledge
Carmax Credit/Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 23, 2015
The work environment was unprofessional and the management was disrespectful to their employees. They are not flexible with work schedules but forced mandatory overtime when they pleased. My coworkers were excellent and fun to work with given the work environment we were placed in. The work space was awful as well. Roaches, rats, floods, the building being shot and boarded up windows were a part of our everyday work conditions.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
everything else
good company to work for
Late Stage Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  texasJanuary 21, 2015
its always the same routine, with a very good co-workers, good to learn from others management is not always available i was in team that had no mananger for 4 months and other manager were hard to find help from.
A good company
Late Stage Collection Account Management (Current Employee) –  LewisvilleJanuary 12, 2015
The job is a good company to work for. I just wish that it is ran better. The manger's are not helpful. You just have to watch what you say in do at all times.
Pros
the bonus is great
Cons
the mangers are not helpful
Overview
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJanuary 10, 2015
I do not want to write a review about any company. I'm no longer employed there and it's not because I got terminated, just wanted more pay. Nevertheless It is a great company. I wish they gave raises and had a better bonus structure. Easy to advance within the company