Santander Consumer USA Inc

Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Most enjoyable
Loss Mitigations (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 20, 2015
Santander was a great place to work the co-worker around me was always professional we worked as a team to achieve the company goals and the bonus structure was rewarding.
Insecure Top Heavy Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 5, 2015
HR and Sr Mgmt pursued me for over a yr to join this company as Manager in Dallas office. Upon arrival I did not work for Sr Mgmt team I had come to develop a relationship with. I was hired to manage staff that were qualified, mature, very knowledgeable, professional. There was a lot of unexplained and unexpected disappearing staff members, while remaining staff kept their heads low and never spoke about the high turnover.

HR spent two days lecturing about the culture and vision as well as the endless opportunities. My hiring class consisted of approximately 40 people. 30 days later, I was no longer employed by this corporate pseudo imposters. Would never recommend this company as a choice of employment for any one who calls themselves human.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Too many meetings about scheduling the next meeting
great company that hires within.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  north richland hills txJuly 30, 2015
management staff was very supportive. The company always offered lots of incentives for rating improvements. Bonuses were given on a monthly basis for those who qualify.
Fun workplace
Backend Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2015
Very good company to work for, the management was great. Was offered great benefits for performing as well a great perks for attendance.
Fast paced environment
Corporate Counsel (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 27, 2015
The company is growing very fast, with lots of opportunities for learning and movement among departments. The work-life balance is very good.
enjoyed company,
BANKRUPCTY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  north richland hillsJuly 23, 2015
need to train managers better, company treated employees well.
changed things for the better for employees.
good hours and good pay
Management issues but a good company in general.
Loan Accounting Specailist (Current Employee) –  North Richland HillsJuly 16, 2015
The company itself does a lot for its employees. they have fun days and make sure voices are heard. the departmant i am in is what is laking. there is no chance for advancement and the management feels like they are better than us. they are unwilling to help in any situation and there is punishment for asking questions. I have never been in an enviroment that was so unprofessional in my life!
Pros
GOOD COMPANY
Cons
Accounts Receivable management
working for a better tomorrow
Senior Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 14, 2015
Na good culture and atmosphere. Growing company still have alot potential to expand and grow. Largest banks in the world and has been around for a very long time
great auto finance experience
Mid-Range Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 12, 2015
This is first auto finance employer, I have learned so much about what financing an auto loan entails. just an overall great experience
Pros
experience
Cons
unpredictable
Stressful Job Environment
Backend Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 10, 2015
The lack of good management and culture created a very hard working environment for employees. I was a transfer worker from a wonderful company "Citi Financial Auto," who unfortunately sold their portfolio to this company. I have been a top performer for Citi Financial making and breaking all assigned goals because the culture and morals of the company was outstanding. Transferring from Citi to Santander was going from day to night and really put a lot of unwanted stress of valuable professionals.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Bad Leadership
The best job I've ever had!
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2015
I was responsible for ensuring daily funds transfers for the corporate bank account for Santander Consumer USA. I also ran daily reports for multiple accounting functions including reconciling and balancing all funds for the company.
Throughout my time here I was cross trained on every task in the accounting department.

I learned most of my accounting skills here.

Management was good about letting you do your job and holding you accountable for your daily tasks. I enjoyed every single person I worked with over the 7 years I was blessed!

the hardest part of the job was the month end days we would stay as late as needed to post all payments and make all account adjustments before the system closed at midnight. However those were also some pretty fun nights.

The most enjoyable part would have to be the abundance of knowledge, and the few good friends I obtained while working here.
Pros
Free lunches during month end, awesome benefits
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 10, 2015
Enhanced the horizons of customers on how to bring their delinquent accounts current with accepting assistance

What I learned is how to managed a portfolio of delinquent loans

The hardest part of the job is not being able to help some customers in their time of need for what ever reason

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help some
Pros
interacting with the customers
Cons
not able to help some customers
Good job and great benefits
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJuly 10, 2015
Santander is a gret company to work for with spectacular benefits. Also you get weekends and holidays off. The management staff are also great people to work with.
A Fast Growing Company trying to play like the "big boys"
Database Developer IV (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 29, 2015
This company has, by far, one of the most controlling HR departments I've experienced in my career. While much of the management is great to work with, they have their hands tied at times by the policies of the company which are very much pro-Executive Team and anti-employee.
Great company great culture
los prevention (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJune 27, 2015
Great company great culture plenty of opportunity to expand within great benefits this company takes care of its customers and its employees
Great company to work for when wanting to advance your career
Desktop Support Tech II (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxJune 24, 2015
Great company to work for when wanting to advance your career or start a new one. It is a fast-paced environment so come ready to work
Good environment.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2015
Being able to assist the customers when they were going thru a hard situation. Was so happy to know that the customers had some type of assistance, and were able to keep their auto.
Difficult place to work
Senior Fraud Risk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 11, 2015
Reviewed reported fraud claims. Management is cliquish, company rules are enforced with favoritism and employees are allowed to behave like bullies. Flex-time is allowed however, it is frowned upon. The best part of this position was the pay.
Pros
The pay is great, the hours are flexible
Cons
Political culture, poor managerial communication, success is not based on the quantitative or qualitative matters
Productive Enviorment
Range, currently now Backend Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 11, 2015
Nice enviroment to work in, able to learn different aspects of the company while working in collections. Great managers, most difficult part is calming down irate customers but most enjoyable moments are assisting our customers.
It's your average work environment
Late Stage Account Manager (Former Employee) –  NRH,TXJune 6, 2015
This was a call center environment. I would take inbound calls for as overflow for the dealership, setting appointments and making recommendations on the type of service (tune up) to get.
Pros
PAID WEEKLY
Cons
LOW PAY

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Consumer USA Inc. Our community is ready to answer.