Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews

A typical day at Santander
Collector/Skip Tracer (Current Employee) –  Centennial, CONovember 1, 2017
my typical day at Santander stats off first four hours is calling and leaving messages on charge off auto accounts,also taking incoming call from customers. The rest of he day is sill taking incoming calls along with a lot of skip tracing. Finding as much information on customer such as place of business, family members, references,neighbors, last know addresses.
Reason for skipping tracing is that customers accounts are extremely past due and also charged off auto loans. Our goal is to find the customer and if so work out arrangement so that customer can keep there auto. If not able to find customer or if found and cant pay the necessary amount to satisfy the loan. We have to find the vehicle to he it repossessed.
My list consists of over 300 accounts and have to get at least 30 percent of list done on a daily basis.
What I have leaned is to be patient with customer to emphatic plays a big roll in the outcome of the customer.
The hardest part of my job is finding the auto or customer when we have very little formation to work with.
The work place culture is very diverse and have strong personalities around you and because of the high volume the area does get loud.
The enjoyable part of my job is reaching out to customers who feel that I have helped them out and are grateful for my help and feel that i gave them great quality of service.
Pros
if at top of the ranking by end of month you get bonous
Cons
sometime very hard to find customer and the auto
Average
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 30, 2017
Average company with a distorted culture. Management is decent, but there are a lot of managers who have no idea what they're doing. Really depends on what time you're working in, but there are definitely some very smart people there. Meetings always run late, and company strategy changes too much (short-term strategy at least). High attrition rates in some teams. Company benefits could be better.
Great for entry level poor after advancement
Business Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 30, 2017
Once you become a manager or above, life gets stressful not because of work load but because the business is very quick to cut ties without coaching or reasoning.
Non-productive environment
Senior Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 26, 2017
The company used agile for all processes. Much of the software at SCUSA is very old, and outdated. Most of the work is low level maintenance work that is really not useful.
Benefits
Cons
Poorly organized teams
To be or not to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 23, 2017
If you are 'in' with Sr. Management you will be promoted. Otherwise, you collect a check and that's it. Working downtown is a hard commute for folks who live far north Dallas.
Cons
long commute
Productive and fun workplace.
Bankruptcy Specialist II (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 15, 2017
I enjoy working at SCUSA. Each day is a new learning experience. Security officers patrol the parking lots on golf carts. Each exterior exit has security doors with badge readers and security officers. The entire floors are made of a material to comfort your feet and legs while walking. The work floor is setup nice and has an indoor walking track. Several restrooms.
Pros
Security doors, Televisions, great seating to rest at breaks, foos ball tables, vending area, big break room and cafeteria, indoor walking track.
Cons
Packed parking lot, paid time-off
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 13, 2017
great opportunities to advance in the company. Calm and relaxed workplace. Good benefits to those who are there for at least 6 months. Easy to learn and understand.
Amazing place to work
Decision Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 9, 2017
I interned at Santander in the summer before my senior year at TCU. I enjoyed the people I worked with. Everyone I talked to was welcoming and open to having a conversation.
santander consumer usa is a overall wonderful company to work for.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 8, 2017
I am glad to have been able to have the opportunity to work with this company. Gaining a better experience with working under pressure as well as being able to multitask and successfully complete task.
Great
Titles specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COOctober 4, 2017
This was the best learning experience I've had and I've learned lots of new that's that enhance my skills also feel I've room to grow and become a better candidate to make a higher salary
Temp employee (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
Depending on what department you work, managers are not professional, favoritism shown. Position held was great position, not stressful. Managers should be more professional.
Pros
great incentives
Cons
managers
Shouldnt be at the same position 15 years
Front End Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 27, 2017
When applying for new position its about who you know. Should be able to make more money when changing to new position. More holidays off like the bank. An not be penalized if medical issues pertaining to fmla.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
position
Call Center
HR Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 21, 2017
Standard call center with standard call center issues. Lots of drama between the associates similar to high school drama. Affairs, drugs, false allegations just to name a few concerns.
ok
Centennial CO-Account manager (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 18, 2017
they fire people without even having one mess up in the company. they are so strict to the point that you cant do anything wrong or get proper coaching
The Belko Experiment in live action
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Its like a first date. Where you meet this beautiful woman with all the right qualifications just to find out she is a psycho! DON'T DO IT! I worked in the North Richland Hills office for 4 years. Yes, the pay is competitive and the benefits are pretty good. However, they completely changed the bonus structure and the managers leave a lot to be desired. Then to top it off there is absolutely no room for growth. The amount of nepotism in the company is atrocious! If you are not dating, friends with or related too anyone in the management or HR you might as wall call it a day. The managers/team leads get in there positions and of course hunker down so the only way to move up is to change departments. In regards to pay, yes it starts out solid but then it just goes down from there. They DO NOT GIVE RAISES. The only way to get a raise is again, move departments. Also, another thing to look out for is there closing of offices. They have recently closed down the Lewsiville office, layoffs have occurred in PR and the Dallas office and they have consistent issues with the Feds (yes they visited us at least 4 times just this year). Now let's talk about the HR department or lack there of. It's more of a shell HR, where they don't really work unless it's to plan events for the Heart Association, etc. If you are going to proceed with a position just be mindful and have an exit strategy!!!
Pros
Pay & Benfits
Cons
Everything else about this place!
Fast Paced
Governance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Santander is a fast paced company to work for. I have learned so much while being here. I have learned a life of a loan and how to collect on it. I have learned how to treat the customer weather a dealer or consumer.
N/a
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COSeptember 12, 2017
Really don't have much to say or don't know what to say fun while it lasted was ready to relocate.. the pay was really good and the benefits the HR could have been better
Good work environment and good people yet depressing
Early Stage Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 5, 2017
Working in a call center environment isn't for everyone but for those people who are looking for something that is fairly easy to do and don't mind being on the phone all day talking with customers. They pay fairly well for doing that. Management is good, the people that work there are good and fairly nice. the day consists of sitting in a chair helping people with their account or trying to get them to pay their car loan. I would say the hardest part of the job that I did was trying to get people to pay their car loan when they obviously can't.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Breaks felt extremely short
Great upbeat atmosphere
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  N Richland Hills, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Santander was a great place to work. There is a lot of opportunity in moving up in the company. They promote from within. You collect on accounts with a customer service approach. Bonuses are available
Pros
Bonuses and the employees
Cons
Na
0 Work Life Balance
Vendor Quality Control (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 5, 2017
There is no work-life balance. The commute & time away from home is not worth it. Most departments micro-manage their employees. I would not recommend this company if you have a family that needs your time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Consumer USA Inc. Our community is ready to answer.