Santander Consumer USA Inc Employee Reviews

Love the enviorment
Late Stage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 29, 2016
Great company! Awesome co-workers! Great company. Just like all collection jobs, it can get stressful, but nothing you can't handle as long as you stay focused.
Fun place to work with a good Atmosphere
Lease Coordinator (Current Employee) –  N Richland Hills, TXNovember 21, 2016
I start my day by making calls and usually make about 100 per day for end of lease collections. I have learned how to work out of kronos, mysup, shaw, optika and more about Exel. The management is great here and works with you on your advancements. The co-worksers are friendly and always willing to help out one another. As for the hardest part of the job that would be the customers trying to understand the processes. The most enjoyable is the management.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
advancement.
Management is very hard to work for
Communications Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 16, 2016
Learn a lot at the company management is very hard to work for and tend to run off the employees that work for him. The manager wanted everything his way, and wants you to work all the time and no personal time. It was his way all the time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management expects you to have no personal life
Stressful, inconsistent with policy and procedures
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXNovember 14, 2016
The company pays decent however I just got tired of all the changes within the company as far as location, and department changes like the policies and procedures that weren't consistent. I've been with Scusa 9 years and it isn't what you know it's who you know. I've tried applying for team lead/manager positions with no success. I consider myself self motivated, optimistic, and hard working. I was amazed at all the favoritism I saw over the years.
The best place to get on at if you can
Late Stage Collector (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 10, 2016
I have not found a job near as good as this one since I left! I wish that I could go back. IF you can get on here stay, even on the hard days because it it hard to beat their pay and benefits it is worth the headache that you will experience on some days.
Pros
pay, benefits, perks, employees
Cons
fast pace fun work enviroment
Front End Account Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 6, 2016
Santander is a great company to be employed by. It is fast paced job that makes the day go b. Although it's collections you still can be polite to the members and still get the job done.
Pros
pay compensation, bonuses, and flexible shifts.
Cons
short breaks, your desk has t be completly clear; no paper no taking notes. you're in a dialer.
Internship
Compliance Intern (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 31, 2016
Internship program was a great learning experience for any college student however the internship program is misleading as well. During interview process the head of university recruitment guaranteed the fact ~50% of interns would be receiving full time offers however near the end of the internship the company and internship program offered no one a full time position due to current events in the company. High turnover is prevalent from what I observed as an intern. Had great managers however, seems like company may not be on the right track to retain great talent.
good collections company
Credit Reporting Associate (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXOctober 29, 2016
not the best when it comes to their policies and procedures, is more of a its who you know not what you know environment. the saltire is fine nothing wrong with that. moving the location of work with out compensation or help to relocate.
I hope you don't expect strong leadership
Testing Manager (Former Employee) –  Downtown DallasOctober 28, 2016
This is the only job I've had where my senior leadership has no clue on the compliance regulations they manage. You have better chance of recognition if you are a consultant. If you are in the 1st LOD you'll enjoy the laid back environment. If you're in compliance, good luck, leadership at the Sr. level is stifling, don't know a thing about compliance. Don't speak up and oh, don't dress down.
The fun has been sucked from this company and no one cares how many people have complained and leave. The commute and stress are not worth it.
Pros
my co-workers and most of benefits
Cons
everything else and elevators
Santander is a company that you get what you out into it.
Mid- Range Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 27, 2016
Santander is a company that will let you write your own ticket when if comes to being promoted, they do a lot for their employees as well.
Pros
Nice Bonus monthly
Cons
They really don't care about you outside life (family)
Poorly Run Company
Non-Collateral Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXOctober 25, 2016
The growth of this company is amazing considering they have terrible customer service. The insurance is awful, the hours are awful, the company practice is awful, and management plays favoritism like its nobody's business.
Pros
Do a lot to try to make workplace fun
Cons
The company as a whole, schedules, insurance.
Productive environment
Impound Representative (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Santander is a decent company to work with as long as management doesnt have favortism towards certain employees. Everyone is not treated fair in the Impound Department. I can only speak for that department.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
time off accrued
Nice games in breakroom
Back End Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TxSeptember 11, 2016
Just hard to move to different positions. Once your in collections its hard to get out unless you know someone. The vacation time is not enough. If your sick you still have to come to work.
Pros
Free stuff given out alot
Cons
Need more vacation time
Positive work environment that promotes growth
Portfolio Program Manager, PPM (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 9, 2016
Friendly environment with flexible working hours. Current management team is very supportive and support career growth. Located in downtown Dallas, TX with a lot restaurants in the vicinity. Good work/life balance and I receive 1 work from home day per week.
Pros
Flexible Working Hours
Back End Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 6, 2016
Okay job to work for, however management team isn't on one accord. They make rules as they go and not by company guidelines. My manager that I work under is an excellent member to Santander.
Big opportunities
Auto Loan Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 3, 2016
I heard somewhere that people don't leave companies, they leave bad managers and this is exactly the case with Santander Consumer USA. I have no complaints with the company itself. Compensation and benefits are decent and competitive and the company itself is in a good position for growth and advancement. The biggest opportunity however is their people managers and how people is treated. As an employee, you are just a number. You are expected to go in, do you job and leave. You have no voice or opinion and can't even have a real expectation for support from them. Manager sit on their desk all day and when needed for anything, they will literally tell you "No" even if they are just there socializing with each other. Town halls are reserved for "Managers and Above" only. On a good day, they will select one person per team to proxy for the rest. The general morale on the floor is very negative with a high turn over ratio.
Pros
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Cons
No regards to human capital. No voice or opinion. Management.
OK Company to work for
Senior HR Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 30, 2016
If you are new associate to the workforce, you will enjoy it. If you are seasoned profession, the instability of the departments and the lack of process foundation will drive you crazy.
Pros
work from home opportunities
Cons
company culture and associate recognition
You Keep Hoping Things Will Get Better
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  LouisianaAugust 24, 2016
There is no work life balance, the people are very divided, it's not a friendly environment but it's a job. The culture has changed so much. You'll experience everything from coporate bullies to management finding a way not to pay you. It works for some but ask questions, be aware, because this job is a meat grinder. They will give you so many things to do just to keep you busy. The seem lost and management just seems mean spirited towards a lot of people for no reason.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
It's a job.
Ok place to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TX 75067August 17, 2016
Everyday is the same, set daily work plan
everything is punctual (kind of robotic)
Hardest part is getting customers to pay
I enjoyed the flex shifts
Pros
Flex shifts
Cons
Medical, Dental, Vision too expensive
Great pay
Late Stage Account Manager (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 15, 2016
Some days can be wonderful, then you have some days that aren't so good. Management helps out a lot as well. The co-workers are very helpful also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Santander Consumer USA Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9