Sapa Extrusions Employee Reviews

Good if you know what your getting yourself into
Heavy Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 9, 2017
Its not easy work and the pay is not great. Worked most Saturdays and was usually expected to put in overtime hours during the week. There is some opportunity for advancement if you get into the right department though and they also don't care criminal history. The benefits are great, really weak union.
Pros
Provide lunch occasionally, health and safety day is fun
Cons
really high expectations of employees
Sapa Extrusions / Coatings Div.
Plant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 6, 2017
Enjoyed working with many different suppliers to maintain on time performance. Had a safety record of five years without a recordable accident. OSHA inspection in June 2011 reported no violations.
Pros
Great staff at plant i worked at
Cons
Long days
Unstable work
DIE SETTER (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INNovember 2, 2017
Laid off due to a press breaking. Hours worked were 12 hours on 12 hours off with rotating days off each week. Very hot working conditions all year long.
Pros
wages
Cons
Mismanaged and unstable long term employment
Horrible place to work.
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INOctober 17, 2017
You hardly ever get a break for the full 12 hrs you're there, management is horrible and only cares about themselves and not their employees, they make you work well over 50hrs a week even if your sicker than a dog, and they don't care if you have a family emergency ( hope if you work there that you don't because they won't let you leave). Also if anyone doesn't like you there you will get screwed over quicker than a fly on stink.
production worker
forklift operator, remote and seated overhead (Former Employee) –  Cressona, PASeptember 27, 2017
no life balance , they want you there all the time , have no understanding for anything that should come up in your personal life, depending on your position you might not even get a break in the 12 hrs
Pros
benefits pay
Cons
hours and management
They do not care about their employees
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Parchment, MISeptember 20, 2017
A company that cuts corners and says one thing but does another. They will make you work every day, every weekend, and they do not care if you ever see your family. All they care about is pushing parts out the doors.
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Assisted with loading and off load truck. Checked and balanced inventory. The management was fair. I would like to work more hours. I learned that I always have more to learn no matter what position I hold.
Pros
Near my home residence
Cons
benefits and more hours (temp employee)
Cnc press, gears , axel department .
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 12, 2017
Cnc press was putting third members on a hook n placing it on to a machine that would press them together

Gears was assembly mostly ,
Over all America axel was a great experience for me and taught me quite a few things
quiet work environment
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Sidney, OHSeptember 8, 2017
for the most part one works by themselves the full shift. Good team work and for the most part the majority show respect for one another. Its a quit atmosphere though the rates make it fast pace, it still balances out and makes the night go easy and productively.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
hours
If you are looking to work, with opportunities for overtime and flexible work weeks than this is your place.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDSeptember 7, 2017
Hard work , dirty and loud. During the summertime the heat is sometimes overwhelming. Best time to start is in the spring so you can get acclimated to the temperatures.
Pros
Paid lunch, good benefits, profit sharing
Cons
Dirty, hot, stressful.
Keep busy, stretched thin, you are in control
IT Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 26, 2017
Typical work day would be addressing any IT issue at any of your supported locations. I originally had three locations, eventually down to two, so you are stretched thin and demand for you is high, which can be stressful at times. There was a lot of travel involved and there was something new every day. You are a one person department and you handle every aspect of IT, from phones, cell phones, hardware, hardware orders, software, licensing, printers, every aspect.
Pros
You are your own boss, managers are remote
Cons
Spread very thin, one man department, stressfull at times
Hot and cold
Operator (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCAugust 18, 2017
It woulding be bad if when u came in to work on a Sunday night that u knew if u would be off the weekend couldn't plan anything with the family would not know what time to come in till 6:55 am
Benefits
Cons
Hot in summer cold in winter
Stressful work environment
Step-up supervisor (Former Employee) –  Connersville, INAugust 16, 2017
Always a stressful work environment, very hard to get help when necessary, the way the company is ran in very unorganized and always a mess. I loved what I did there just dont like the company I worked for.
Pros
Good pay/ Benefits
Too much work on a person
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Magnolia, ARAugust 9, 2017
I'm going back to school to further my education. Too much lifting on me. Great benefits. Good pay. Management was ok. Breaks was short. We got paid for it though.
Professional experience
CNC Operator (Computer Numeric Control Operator) (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 31, 2017
A typical day at work was organized and professional. I learned how to become a CNC operator. Management and culture was good! Hardest part of my job was clocking out, clocking in was my favorite....
Pros
Paid lunch breaks
Cons
Short breaks in between lunch.
work
Packer (Former Employee) –  Yankton, SDJuly 25, 2017
I like the 4 days on and 4 days off rotation. The 12 hour shifts appear to go fast. I also like that they have most holidays off and the ones you don't have off aren't the "important" holidays. Sometimes you to do mandatory overtime but it isn't bad.
Pros
Benefits are very good. Most people are easy to work with.
Cons
Very hot in the summer. Very high employee turn over.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Lead Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami floridaJuly 23, 2017
Lo más difícil fue cuando la compañía cerró y se mudó a otro estado
Pros
Buen seguro
Cons
Que cerro
great bunch to work with
Quality Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 10, 2017
I was promised a raise with my new job title and never received one. I went theough training in april and was let go in may. I put everything I had into this place and I got nothing for compensation.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
not enough recognition
Sapa time well spent.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INMay 26, 2017
Sapa Elkhart, Where do I begin. This was a perfect place when all I wanted to do was to fly under the radar and collect a check and raise a family, Since I was young I had visions of taking over that plant one day. I worked and perfected my craft at being the best front line leader I could be. With out a college degree it seemed I could not get the position or the hours I so badly wanted and needed. The hours are 12 hour swing shifts. While working every other weekend and mandatory overtime. Just not the kind of hours I was needing being a single parent with full custody of my kids. Pay was good, Benefits were on the cheaper end of the scale, Sapa Elkhart expects a lot out of their Hourly and floor employees, So much that sometimes it seems as if you don't know if you can get your own job done with the amount of task that are given to you daily. As long as you try your hardest and say Yes, You will be ok. It doesn't seem as if management gets held accountable seems as if they always find away to pin it on the lower class worker. Everyone needs to take accountability seriously from the top down.
Pros
hourly pay, benefits, stability
Cons
stressfull enviorement, long hours, poor communication
Very good place to work
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INMay 15, 2017
Sapa is a good place to work well the department I work in.Hate my department went under new management and he brought in all new employee. Miss that place