Sapa Extrusions Employee Reviews in United States

Sapa review
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Belton, SCJune 21, 2016
a typical work day is ok at Sapa, however...it gets well over 110 to 120 inside of the plant. People get hurt a little bit more I believe than most places and because of the heat some people get dizzy, and are so dehydrated that they get sent to the company doctor or get sent home (interferes with home life and paycheck). A company that doesn't seem to care about their hired health at ALL!
I learned about different types of metal and heating procedures.
My co workers are okay they dont bother any one and they pretty much keep to their own groups and selves.
There isn't much to enjoy in this line of work the heath is constant and does not stop for 12 hours straight. Break time is the only time you dont experience that type of environment.
Pros
Break time and break area are cooled to 70 degrees
Cons
they dont control the heat (over 110 to 120 ), getting sick at work because of heat
Terrible Place to work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAApril 26, 2016
Hours are terrible management, does not care about employees union does nothing but take money out of your check, supervisors dont know how to do any of the work, offfice people treat the workers like slaves and you will work every holiday with no extra pay
Pros
good money
Cons
management is terrible
Worst place I have ever worked - Was lied to from day one!!
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  Belton, SCMarch 31, 2016
Management expects too much of course and if you want to be in management you better hope you are related to someone else who is because most of them are related and help each other only.
The Supervisors are arrogant and ignorant and only qualified to walk around with a cup of coffee in their hand and dont adhere to the safety rules they preach to you constantly.
They will lie about your wages to get you in the door and then work you 7 days per week and act like you dont have a family , but they are off every weekend. Hot as h-ll in summer and cold as ice in winter. They preach safety every day but then put you in harms way every day.If someone gets hurt at any plant they punish all employees by taking away their bonus for that quarter , and its a dangerous place to work !!!
If you do get hurt on the job , be prepared to find a new job once you are released from the Doctor because they will fire you !!!
I have seen it many,many times over the years and they still do it !!
They will spend thousands of dollars for an attorney just to keep you from getting workers comp benefits or your long or short term disability benifits , this makes it easier to get rid of you when the Doctor releases you to go back to work.
Wages are low, HR and management is unfair to most employees unless you are related like most of them are.
Youre better off driving a garbage truck, at least then you can get rid of the trash !!!
Pros
fee popsicles
Cons
run away, far away !!!
Challenging place to work
Die Corrector / Maintenance Mechanic / Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAFebruary 29, 2016
Challenging extrusion tolerances, safety oriented, good people to work with. Management is good. Great life balance. Benefits could be a lot better
Safe, Good People, Great Benefits
Assistant to H&M Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 11, 2016
My position at Sapa was temporary. It was created purely to help the company to catch up on need with their H&M account. The hours were great, I learned a lot, and the staff was friendly. I appreciated the learning experience and the business connections that were made.
Packer
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INOctober 17, 2015
Hours are extremely long. Not a strong union at all.Everyday changes by what broke down or what's up and running. Workers aren't really valued that much.
Production
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAAugust 16, 2015
• Operates and adjusts extrusion machine to form, bend, and punch a variety of work.
• Works from drawings, specifications, patterns, and templates.
• Uses calipers, micrometers, comparators, and other measuring
equipment.
• Sorting and packaging of parts.
• Verifying quantity and quality of material maintaining 85-100% per orders.
Pros
Free Lunch every month
Cons
Hot environment, Long hours
Sapa
Anodizing and Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAJuly 27, 2015
Decent company to work for but don't expect to be compensated for your job. Union employees will make more than you. Medical benefits are poor at best.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Poor benefits and pay
Factory that make aluminum parts
Die prep (Former Employee) –  North Liberty, INJune 30, 2015
12 hours days
I learned how to set dies correctly
I also learned how to operate a crane
the management was pretty fair
the hardest part of the job for me was dealing with the heat
the most enjoyable part of the job was that it was a swing shift
Pros
Good money
Cons
long shifts
You may want to think twice
Crane operator, casting tech., furnace operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMarch 16, 2015
Not a very safe working environment at all. Management has very unrealistic expectations and plays favorites. They preach safety but put you in harms way on a daily basis to keep production going. Worked there for 5 years and have not seen a raise in the past 2 years even with sterling reviews.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unsafe work practices, buddy system, very liitle room for advancement
productive, great people
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INJanuary 13, 2015
If you are willing to move and work. it can be a great fun place to work. Always opportunity for overtime. Just remember to be on time. They care for everyone's safety. Of course like most jobs it can have.its ups and downs at time but overall I loved it there and the people once you get to know them are. lot of fun
Pros
good pay. people, chance for ot
Cons
long hours.
Warehouse Forklift, & Food Service
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2014
Inspect raw materials check customer w/o tag. Pack material according to customers specs. I learned how ladders and electric cars are made it is very interesting. Hardest part of the job, is the heat. I got work freely there was no micromanagement.
They will give opportunity to almost anyone wanting it, which is good for those who have records.
Production Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 7, 2014
I am grateful for the opportunity they gave me to work there. I do have issues with my past and they were able to look past that and gave me work. The upper management team was really wonderful and did a great job training me. Upon working there for six months, I found the labor to be very strenuous and straining. My health and agility took a turn for the worst. The pay does not commensurate with the labor. Its more of a job for the younger generation.
Pros
relaxed with less than perfect backgrounds. good training team.
Cons
not enough pay for the labor involved. need more up to date equipment to perform work needed.
It's a cool job
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  North Liberty, INAugust 14, 2014
i like this job it's different from my other jobs. I learned new things.
Pros
company outtings.
Cons
short breaks
It was a good job
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Mountaintop PAJune 5, 2014
The job itself was good. The supervisors were pleasant to work with. Unfortunately I got laid off.
Productive and enjoy working with people
tractor trailer driver, forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 4, 2014
My typical day at work was very productive , i learned how to load
the truck especially the flat bets scaning the aluminum bundles and counting the pieces per each of them .
I have good relations with the managers and co-workers.
The hardest part of the job was loading the trucks without mistakes
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
Excellent company
WELDER IN MAINTENANCE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2014
Manufacture and repair of Racks Aluminum anodize department, repair and manufacture of iron racks for extrusion department and anodize preventive maintenance on equipment such as (lubrication of chains in ovens treated aluminum) manufacture and repair of supports for different equipment, repair and manufacture of equipment for different guardrails. Elaboration of daily work reports. Manufacture of wooden racks for support.
Great manufacturing environment with "Can Do" attitude
Territory Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 28, 2014
Fast growing US manufacturer. Good support among the manufacturing family.
Pros
opportunity for career advancement
Cons
restructured management
Knowledgable Staff
Human Resources Internship (Current Employee) –  Cressona, PANovember 11, 2013
I have had the opportunity to follow a human resources employee to gain more hands on knowledge of human resources processes.
Safe and friendly work environment.
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INAugust 15, 2013
A typical day at Sapa was busy from start to finish. I prepared aluminum samples for testing. I then tested the material for tension, yield, and elongation (TY&E). I learned how to use and navigate the As400 (computer software), Instron testing devices, and calibration of measuring instruments. I also learned about safety. We had to wear PPE and had a daily morning safety meeting.
The management had an open door policy. I was able to take my suggestions and concerns to them and felt they understood and always tried to help however they could in any situation. As a team, my co-workers and I had great communication skills to to get the job done efficiently and effectively.
The hardest part on the job for myself was communicating with management from the night shift position. We did have e-mail but if something changed during the night there was no one available to answer questions. The most enjoyable part was being able to learn new things everyday. There was always something more to learn.
Pros
quarterly meetings, pay, profit sharing, free shirts.
Cons
twelve hour shifts, every other weekends, hot environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sapa Extrusions. Our community is ready to answer.